Author Topic: Rosetta Stone (YA) - 100 Mastered Skills (incl. Challenges)  (Read 27335 times)

Offline cydroblazer

• Nooboo
Re: Rosetta Stone, YA female with 101 supermaxed skills
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 03:24:32 AM »
Noob question, but how can I use her?

I put the .package file in the Mods folder, but where can I find her in the game?

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 04:39:42 AM »

I put the .package file in the Mods folder, but where can I find her in the game?

Under Edit town, try look in the Sim bin, where you find all families.  (Havent played sims 3 in ages, so i dont remember why more precise way to describe it. Sorry)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cydroblazer

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »

Under Edit town, try look in the Sim bin, where you find all families.  (Havent played sims 3 in ages, so i dont remember why more precise way to describe it. Sorry)

Couldn't find her there, unfortunately. The only families I could find were the ones I made and the default ones that Maxis made.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 01:23:55 AM »
Try this for finding the Sim in question -

From the Edit Town Menu, click the Create a Household/Sim button. (The button that has a family on it) It's in the lower left part of the screen.

Once in Create A Household/Sim, click the Pre-made Sim button. (6-Sims on it next to the dial.)

Click the star or asterisk up in the upper right hand corner of the popup. This will show the custom Sims that you've downloaded and installed.

If you're looking for a custom Sim you've downloaded and installed, look at the ones that have a star or asterisk in the lower right of their photos.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline cydroblazer

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 03:23:48 AM »
Try this for finding the Sim in question -

From the Edit Town Menu, click the Create a Household/Sim button. (The button that has a family on it) It's in the lower left part of the screen.

Once in Create A Household/Sim, click the Pre-made Sim button. (6-Sims on it next to the dial.)

Click the star or asterisk up in the upper right hand corner of the popup. This will show the custom Sims that you've downloaded and installed.

If you're looking for a custom Sim you've downloaded and installed, look at the ones that have a star or asterisk in the lower right of their photos.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Thanks for the reply, but I still can't find her.

Is it possible that I didn't install this correctly? All I had to do was move the .package file into the Mods folder, right?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Rosetta Stone - Howto: Install/Download and View
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 01:46:55 AM »
Here's How to download, install and view Rosetta Stone - the zip file.

Rosetta Stone
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,19724.0.html

1. Download Sim, and go to the folder you downloaded the file to and unzip it by clicking the file and select extract here - using your zip file program.

2. It will unzip as a .package file.

3. Copy the Rosetta Stone.package file to:
----> C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library
** This puts the sim in the Household Library.

4. Load game, and find her in the Household Library. - It's the "Solid House" Tab.

** Note:** - Her icon in the household library may come up blank. - Due to her photo not being cached. So you will need to search for her, or just look for a blank thumbnail. It's most likely to be Rosetta. Mouse over the blank thumbnail, it should show her last name - Stone.

She does show up in game after you place her to play. To fix this, re-save her to the household library.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 10:10:42 AM »
Did you extract her before putting her in the sims file? If so then she should be a "package" file. I'm just double checking so bear with me.

Electronic Arts - Sims 3 - Mods - Packages

There should also be an "override" and "Resource.cfg" file in the "Mods" folder.

Is the rest of your package files working correctly,if indeed do you have more custom content installed as packages?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cydroblazer

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 12:25:11 AM »
Yeah, I managed to get her working at last. Indeed, the problem was that I was supposed to put the .package file under the "Library" folder rather than the "Packages" folder.

That said, I'm now more curious about that "one of the summon spells missing" note in the description. Is that content that can only be found in the store? Because I can't seem to find it in my game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 02:30:44 AM »
@cydroblazer

Thank you for somewhat encouraging me to download her to see if we could get her to install. I had never installed anything that needed special instructions. But I am SO happy that I was able to help get it all sorted out.

I'm sorry I'm not able to help with the missing sommon spells. I did try to search on that problem and wasn't able to find anything on it, other than it may be something from Supernatural. (?) When I went to install Rosetta she installed just fine without anything missing.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
@ cydroblazer

There are a number of summon spells associated with the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book 'o Spells object.  It was a premium content object as part of the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings at the Sims 3 Store but may be available to purchase separately.  I think it cost a lot of Simoleons in game, about 75,000 or so, and has about 5 spells to learn and cast.  Your Sim doesn't need to be a witch to cast those spells and learning and using the object will increase the spell casting skill usually only available to a witch.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: Rosetta Stone (YA) - 101 Mastered Skills (incl. Challenges)
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 12:56:39 AM »
I have a question to ask with regards to this Sim. As I can safely assume that the photography skill is also maxed with the Shutternut challenge complete, if I travel with this Sim to World Adventure Towns, will the Shutternut challenge be shown as incomplete? Thanks.

Offline kusurusu

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Rosetta Stone (YA) - 100 Mastered Skills (incl. Challenges)
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 01:38:18 AM »
All collections complete (and not just five) and I can assure the counter will show you the correct value of 19 (since Everyday Moments just won't register as complete).

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 02:12:07 AM »
All collections complete (and not just five) and I can assure the counter will show you the correct value.

Yes, but what I meant was if you use this Sim to travel in World Adventures or move to another town, the states for Shutternut will become incorrect due to a bug in the game. Have you tested this?

Offline kusurusu

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Rosetta Stone (YA) - 100 Mastered Skills (incl. Challenges)
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 03:15:08 AM »
Yes I did and Shutternut says "19 completed so far" (every time!) while 19 of the 20 collections (except for Everyday) below are marked as completed as well.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 03:41:35 AM »
Yes I did and Shutternut says "19 completed so far" (every time!) while 19 of the 20 collections (except for Everyday) below are marked as completed as well.

OK so the correct value should read 20, right?

anything