Author Topic: Return to Metro's Haven  (Read 35232 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Return to Metro's Haven
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2014, 07:13:04 AM »
I'm at patch 1.67. Is that the most recent patch for the game? If so, it is weird that it still allowed that sim to pick up a skill point in a skill they hadn't learnt prior to the throwing of the potent skill potion at them

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
I'm at patch 1.67. Is that the most recent patch for the game?

1.67.2 is the current patch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Did you sims actually go collect the metals and gems or did you somehow get them from the dog? If they came fron the dog how do you do that with the sim getting credit for the find also?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:20 AM »
My sim did the metals and gems mostly from consignment purchases, I think they collected one metal, for space rocks it's the type of rock that counts and you don't know that till it's analyzed so I'm assuming even if a dog collected it the sim gets the credit when it's analyzed as if they found it. Of course that is my assumption after the fact as I never thought of doing that until I read Chare's post.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »
Ok. First of all, Chare, you watch Once Upon a Time too, yay! Second, your strategy with the metals is pretty cool.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
Oh that makes sense. Wish I had thought of that as my dog got like 35 rocks plus I had a couple spawn right in my yard from the alchemy station.

Edited. I watch Once Upon A Time too. Can't believe I didn't see the connection. Love it!
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:24 PM »
I love OUAT. I couldn't pass up naming an alchemist after Rumpelstiltskin (too bad he couldn't also be a witch). I tend to name my my challenge sims after characters from television & movies.  ;D

Baby Boomer: Sarah & Jareth Henson (Labyrinth)
Grandmaster: Nikita Mears (Nikita)
Bunch of Jobs: Anna & Elsa (Frozen)
Haven: Rumple & Belle (OUAT); Phillipe (Beauty & the Beast); Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove); Max (The Little Mermaid)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »
Bunch of Jobs: Anna & Elsa (Frozen)

Awwww :) My youngest daughter at the moment is sooooooo into Frozen and all the great music. It's precious having a little girl walk around the house, full of joy and singing at the top of her lungs...."Love is open dooooooor!" Hehe

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »
Awwww :) My youngest daughter at the moment is sooooooo into Frozen and all the great music. It's precious having a little girl walk around the house, full of joy and singing at the top of her lungs...."Love is open dooooooor!" Hehe

My daughter is partial to "Let it go" & "Do you want to build a snowman". It's adorable.  :)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »
And by listening to my daughter singing songs from frozen I have ended up learning them as well! I bet you all have too!  ;) ;D LOL Aww...

But, I was going to ask, I was a bit afraid of the skill booster because I read that they would give you a skill boost in ANY random skill, so, how does that work? I didn't want to risk being DNF because one of my sims got a point in a skill the other had.

Great job Chare!
ĄPura vida!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2014, 01:01:43 AM »
Yes, I didn't realize that either. So I just stuck with Mixology skill boosters.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2014, 03:46:17 AM »
As I said, that happened to me (the boosting of a skill that the sim didn't have), and I am fully patched up.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
I too was afraid of the Tandrael. I have had it happen before not in this challenge but in a different one. It didn't matter much but it sure wasn't helpful. From what I have heard if you work on a skill and then take it right after it is supposed to boost the skill you just worked on but when I did it a long time ago when it first came out it didn't work that way for me so I just didn't mess with it but I am also quite curious how they got it to work without problems.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2014, 01:31:51 PM »
Well I don't know of any special trick, I've used them a fair bit in my current life states dynasty and not had any issues, a spare learnt gardening from one which surprised me at the time, this was after I'd finished the challenge, but when I thought back he had gone on a field trip to the science facility so maybe he learned just enough while there to trigger the skill boost.

My challenge sims stayed well away from anything the other was doing apart from that one time with the sprite sharing, after that I didn't use any more skill boosters as I knew she would probably learn advanced tech if I did. It is odd though and if I'd thought there was the possibility that might happen I wouldn't have touched them either.

Like Chare I disabled seasons but I can't see how that made any difference  ??? I just don't know, most of the ones my sims drank seemed to fail to do anything whatsoever so I gained little benefit from them, I'm just glad now I didn't get an unexpected skill after reading this.