Author Topic: Photography  (Read 73680 times)

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Photography
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2010, 09:07:22 PM »
Not sure if the Theatre photo has been fixed in a patch since I have only just started seriously playing a photographer, but my theatre photo is a real close-up. In the shot you can just see the box office, so if this isn't a patch fix, maybe others are taking the shot too far away.
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »
I just played photographer and he failed getting Theatre even if he got Bookstore and Grocery store from same spot, so it is still the same. Sometimes it is easy to get it and sometimes impossible, at least for me.

I find something very strange with this Sim. He is not photographer eye, and is part of dynasty. My master photographer borrowed him his camera (I moved it from one inventory to another in live mode) and settings were still panorama and vignette. This no skilled photographer took 3 pics in a room and earn first level. Third picture was relic worth 119$. Than took 2 more and his 6. photo was china zodiac animal collection worth 338$. By the end of the day, he took 74 photos of 60 different subjects, spent 4.563$ but photos he took are worth 13.027$ and is half way to level 9, still making panorama pictures but I made a mistake and granted him a wish to take black and white photo and couldn't get vignette back.
Point is, if you have Sim who mastered photo and set camera to highest settings other Sims can take pics with that settings too (but stressed or with finger on and worth less); and if you know where to look for subjects in less than a 2 day average Sim can master photo, and earn a lot of cash.

Also, photographs are increasing in value only after photographer died. I find it in a hard way, so in my museum photos taken by Sims who died are now worth a lot of money, but those took by living Sim have same value even if taken loong time ago. (Family Member taken by died Sim is now worth more than 10k but My child taken by still living Sim is still 90$ and it is a picture of the same Sim as teen and as YA).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

cuthbert

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2010, 01:10:22 AM »
I've completed most photo collections so far, but two subjects just won't be captured no matter what. If any of you had success in capturing one or both of these, please let me know:

1. Oh no! Snake! (Oh the Calamity! collection) - At first I tried with the biting shot sometimes your sims get while practicing snake charming, with no luck. Then I found out about the 'Charm snake into clothing' option here in this forum and tried to take that shot. But the subject continues to be either 'Snake Charmer' or 'Great Tunes' even if I capture the suffering sim, not the snake charmer.

2. Wandering Ghost (Paranormal collection) - I can't exactly figure out what to capture on this one. Taking pictures of ghosts roaming outside the graveyard lot was futile.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
1. Oh no! Snake! (Oh the Calamity! collection) - At first I tried with the biting shot sometimes your Sims get while practicing snake charming, with no luck. Then I found out about the 'Charm snake into clothing' option here in this forum and tried to take that shot. But the subject continues to be either 'Snake Charmer' or 'Great Tunes' even if I capture the suffering Sim, not the snake charmer.

I have captured this photograph and you need to take the photo of a Sim being bit in the face or hand by the King Cobra not the cobra that comes with the basket initially.  The King Cobra costs $1000 if I remember correctly and you need to click on the basket until the option comes up to purchase it.  Good Luck!
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »
I have captured this photograph and you need to take the photo of a Sim being bit in the face or hand by the King Cobra not the cobra that comes with the basket initially.  The King Cobra costs $1000 if I remember correctly and you need to click on the basket until the option comes up to purchase it.  Good Luck!

I've managed to get this photo by actually just photographing the Snake Basket (no Sim using it). But it was quite some time ago so it may have changed with a patch.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

cuthbert

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »
Oh, thank you for letting me know, mtglady! I'll try that.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2011, 11:56:20 PM »
The wish of make 1000 in photos (can't remember the exact wording) comes up.  It has the counter 0/1000 on it.  I sell photos and my skill goes up and my money towads next level goes up, but the wish counter says 0/1000.

I've got the same bug. Had a wish to make $10,000 selling photographs come up. I accepted the wish and it had a counter of $0/$10,000. I had $26,000 worth of photos on the camera and sold them which should have fulfilled the wish but the wish still shows $0/$10,000.

I took a few more photos and removed them from the camera to my inventory and tried dragging to the sell box but it still didn't register on the wish counter.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2011, 02:39:57 AM »

grimsoul, unless it is a new/old bug in the game, try consigning the photos to the consignment shop.  This has worked for me in the past but I have not had that opportunity show up in quite some time.   
And welcome to the forum as I haven't formally welcomed you yet.  Happy Simming ;)!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »
Good idea and can't believe I didn't think to try that but that didn't work either.
Put a bunch of photos on consignment and sold over $10,000 worth and the wish is still there showing $0/$10,000.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »
Good idea and can't believe I didn't think to try that but that didn't work either.
Put a bunch of photos on consignment and sold over $10,000 worth and the wish is still there showing $0/$10,000.

Sorry to hear that.  It must be a bug then.  If that opportunity ever pops up again for me I will try a few things out and let you know if I have any luck.  But have fun anyway - photography is a great way to earn money without much effort. 

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »
Try taking a photo, then select sell all.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2011, 11:07:48 PM »
If im not wrong, my sim already sold a single photo worth about 10000 simoleon. Sim got the photo of Simbu albey (i dont remember its name, a tomb in Egypt), original price worth about 8000 (1st time, and complete the architecture eye, photog-75 diferent pictures challenges), and then consign at the consigment store. :D
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2011, 05:41:51 AM »
About Photo of Photographer, it isn't a mirror. Try to photograph a photographer. I mean, two sims get a photograph each other, if you understand.
How do you do this?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »
How do you do this?

This might not be as hard as you think. Think about all of the paparazzi around snapping photos of celebs. I would think getting a picture of a paparazzi taking a photo would qualify, but I've never done it.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2011, 10:03:35 AM »
I've tried that few times believing it will work and it didn't register it like a photo of photographer, even while paparazzi is holding his/her camera. Usually it's just Sim in the area or Nothing.
I also find out that most of the paparazzi have up to 3 level skill in photography, but haven't checked those I tried taking photo of. And I never got this photo neither, but honestly haven't tried too hard.

On the side note, run around bug is partially solved, and I still have Sims who are only registered as Running Sim, but they don't run around like they used to (in new games started after LN).