Author Topic: Photography  (Read 73465 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Photography
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
My Sim just invited Jon Lessen to a party and he'd already aged to Elder!  My Sims are still Young Adults with a Child in elementary school.  Yikes!  I hate when that happens!  Like in Sunset Valley, Gunther Goth ages up after only a few days in the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Arisun

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »
Okay this might be a stupid question but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I'm trying to get a photo of "bathroom stuff" for the Home Sweet Home photography challenge but no matter what bthroom objects I try and photograph I can't get. So what exactly do I take a picture of to get this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »
Hi Arisun and welcome to our Forum!

I tried getting that photograph, too, and couldn't.  But I got the feeling that maybe I wasn't getting an angle far enough away to get all of the bathroom stuff in one shot.  I figured I would need the shower, toilet, and sink all together, but a bathroom isn't always laid out in a way that makes it easy to get that shot.  If you try it and manage to get it, let us know!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

box3d

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »
Okay this might be a stupid question but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I'm trying to get a photo of "bathroom stuff" for the Home Sweet Home photography challenge but no matter what bthroom objects I try and photograph I can't get. So what exactly do I take a picture of to get this?

Try taking a picture of the ducksworth bathington (the rubber ducky) or the bubble bath maybe?

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 05:32:55 PM »
I'm having fun with the photography stuff because I'm a photographer in real life! The guide here was extremely helpful!

Last night, I did figure out a way to get a couple of the really hard to get photos. I kinda cheated....but hey....that might have been the ONLY way to get them! LOL I actually didn't set out to do it this way...it just kinda happened.

When one of my sims was exploring a tomb and a couple of mummies started coming after him...I had the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat already on and I freaked when I saw the mummies coming! I was like, "Oh no...what do I do?"  I shift-clicked the mummy and it brought up the "Trigger Age Transition" so I clicked that and it caused the mummy to die and turn into a ghost. So I got the "mummy" shot, the "doubly dead" shot, the "death on vacation" shot, the "grim reaper" and another death shot that I can't remember off the top of my head. It was pretty funny! LOL 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »
Hi RockinRobin and welcome to our Forum!

How much did you get for those awesome shots?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
For bathroom stuff, I think you need 3 bathroom or bathroom decor items in one shot.  It worked for me with a shower, toilet paper roll, and hanging towel rack decoration.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 07:38:50 AM »
Hi RockinRobin and welcome to our Forum!

How much did you get for those awesome shots?

I can't remember Pam. I was just trying to get the photos so fast before anything bad happened, that I wasn't paying attention to how much they were worth. LOL I'll have to go back into my photos and see how much those were worth. Oh and I remembered the other shots I got.....one was "simply death" which I believe is the Grim Reaper, and the "death of my enemy" for the mummy dying.

It was pretty funny, but when a mummy is coming after you, you have to act really fast because once the mummy sets his sights on you, it's pretty much locked and you can't do anything or get anything to work.

I'm gonna have to let one of my sims die from a mummy too so I can see what happens. I bet that sim turns into a mummy also. I wonder though....if you have a sim that turns into a mummy, and they die once they get home....does that mean you now have a mummy in Sunset Valley? (or wherever your sim lives)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 11:13:41 AM »
I shift-clicked the mummy and it brought up the "Trigger Age Transition" so I clicked that and it caused the mummy to die and turn into a ghost.

A mummy can die of old age?!? That's just too funny. :D :D :D

lovergirl

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »
Hi. I have trouble with some photos. I can't get Photo of Photographer , Gadgets Galore [what is that ?] , Town Theatre [omg, i tried for a milion times, is freaking me out ..  there is just 'Places in town' ]:-l

sorry for bad english .. i really need some advice . thanks :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »
Hi lovergirl, yeah, to be honest the Theatre picture bug is kind of what turned me off to Photography when I first fired up WA the first time last November. I've warmed up to it a bit, but the bug has not been fixed yet.

lovergirl

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 08:45:40 AM »
Oh, that explain everything .. thanks ! .. what about first photos?

Kauri The Sim

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »
My sims went to China (my first trip ever!) and bought a camera.  I'm trying to teach one photography because she needs money (just had a baby and made them poor. :) But she was taking photos all around town and lost all her money! She had about 100 simoleons, the photos cost 17 - I think - and she only got $1-2 per shot :(
What should I photograph?
P.S. I've never met Jon Lennon but my twins married Elton Landgraab and Lee Yao (Lee Yao lives in China).

lovergirl

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »
You need the photograph's eye trait or something like that.
OR
Better camera [expensive !] from Egypt.
OR
You need better skills .. [5-8skills]

for poor family, the photography isn't the better choice. Try painting or searching gems [my favorites !]

Kauri The Sim

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 09:57:19 AM »
Thnks for the advice! This is very helpful, i should make a sim with the photogrophers eye trait and get there level up on books before the photos are taken. Thank you very much! :)