Author Topic: Photography  (Read 73476 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Photography
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 05:44:45 PM »
It's also better to take pictures of different things.  If you take a picture of the same kind of thing over and over, the value plummets. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
I've only had 1 sim try out the photography trait, but every time she took a picture it was off-centered and sometimes the thing I was trying to take a picture of isn't in the shot at all. Has this happened to other people? I thought maybe it was just because of low skill level, but I got her up to higher level (I don't remember what exactly but I think at least 5) and it was still happening.

I like the idea of taking family pictures to put up around my Sims house, but it's not worth it to me if they are all going to be messed up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
The pictures get a lot better when you get close to level 10 in Photography.  Also, the expensive camera makes a huge difference.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

lovergirl

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
So, how about the theatre? any solutions ? suggestions ? any update to fix it ? It's a special spot where you can "catch" into photograph?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
Hi lovergirl.

For Photo of Photographer, try taking a picture of your Sim in the mirror.  I don't know for sure if it will work, but worth a try.  The photo of the theater is a bug that Electronic Arts has to fix.  And I don't know what Gadgets Galore is, either.  Maybe some of our other members can help on this one.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

lovergirl

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
Thanks Pam. I resolved it. About Photo of Photographer, it isn't a mirror. Try to photograph a photographer. I mean, two sims get a photograph each other, if you understand. For Theatre, I really fixed that. I searched Google and found a package and now I can get a photo of the Theatre. I know, it's just a "cheat" but, come on. Until EA fixes it, it gets old! For Gadgets Galore, I'm awaiting answers. Also Political Demonstration (when do I know that there's a protest in front of mayor? ) Diplomat Extraordinaire (huh?), Omniplant (do i find in riverview something like that ?),  Dumpster Diving (hm..is it when a sim takes out the trash?).

Thanks for the answers.

PS- I don't know if I can post the packages for theatre, but I recomment you to search. Really works.  :)

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
For Gadgets Galore
IIRC, I had a computer, a guitar and some other random hobby item on the pic when I took it.

when do i know that is a protest in front of mayor?

Diplomat Extraordinaire
Lvl 10 political sim, in uniform.

Omniplant
Don't know if there's one, otherwise, time to garden.

Dumpster Diving
A sim doing "rummage trash", most likely you'll need two controllable sims to do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »
Omniplant (do i find in riverview something like that ?)

There's an Omni plant in Riverview behind the Science facility.  It's on the side close to the river at the very corner of the building, if I remember correctly.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

lovergirl

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 05:29:01 AM »
Many thanks for answers to both of you ! I gotta go to fill them.
For protests, i'll keep an eye cause i had once on Saturday and once on Sunday . So i think it's in weekend.

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »
A few different photography queries....

Bathroom stuff.  I've heard that you need three bathroom items to get this, but I'm sure I've had three items in a picture before and it's not registered.  Mind you, my big problem here is that bathrooms tend to be so small that it's difficult getting anything other than extreme close-ups of items.  Short of just dumping a shower, tub and toilet on the lawn, how do people manage this one?

Kitchen kitsch--what qualifies?  I've repeatedly tried to scan around various kitchens for it, with no success.  Once it did come up, but as I tried to take the picture, my game crashed!  All that was showing at the time was a stretch of wall (go figure).  I've tried to replicate that shot, but I can't remember exactly where my Sim was standing so it hasn't worked.  I think she was actually photographing the dividing wall behind the stove (in the base camp in France).

Grape vines in Champs Les Sims.  I've found the meloire vine at the house on a rock formation, and I got the three common vines at the nectary.  I know there's a cranerlet nuala on the little island, but what about the gralladina fran (sp?) vine?  Is there one growing anywhere or do I have to grow it myself?  I've not done a lot of tomb exploration in France yet, so if there's one in a tomb, that's probably why I haven't found it.

Thanks for the above mentioned tip for gadgets galore.  I haven't attempted that one yet because I didn't know where to start!

lovergirl

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
For bathroom i've used suport for magazines,towel,three ply tushy tissue and a sink.

For kitchen i used fridge counter stove dishwasher.

The gralladine and cranerlet are found on little island.

EDIT- Also, i need the beach in riverview and i don't see any beach .. :-s

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 11:50:06 AM »
I'm having fun with the photography stuff because I'm a photographer in real life! The guide here was extremely helpful!

Last night, I did figure out a way to get a couple of the really hard to get photos. I kinda cheated....but hey....that might have been the ONLY way to get them! LOL I actually didn't set out to do it this way...it just kinda happened.

When one of my sims was exploring a tomb and a couple of mummies started coming after him...I had the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat already on and I freaked when I saw the mummies coming! I was like, "Oh no...what do I do?"  I shift-clicked the mummy and it brought up the "Trigger Age Transition" so I clicked that and it caused the mummy to die and turn into a ghost. So I got the "mummy" shot, the "doubly dead" shot, the "death on vacation" shot, the "grim reaper" and another death shot that I can't remember off the top of my head. It was pretty funny! LOL 

Hey, a fellow photographer! *Waves*  I love the most expensive cam in the game, because it reminds me of my DSLR. Also, I died laughing at that second paragraph. :D

However, I treat photography in the game the same way I do in real life: not as a money-making scheme, but a hobby. I'll snap random shots of random things, not for completing a collection or anything, just for the simple fun of it.

bshag

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »
I have a sim who is on her 7th or 8th skill point in photography and she took a pic of her hubby, Christopher Steel. I believe the setting was on Portrait, and the picture is huge. :o  I really love this. She took shots of both of her daughters and they are gorgeous.  Now trying to get one of her girls to build up skills in photography so she can get a shot of her mother. ;D

Too bad there's no way to get a shot of the whole family.  That would really be great.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »
Also, I need the beach in Riverview and I don't see any beach.  :-s

Riverview doesn't have an ocean, so there may not be a beach.  I'm wondering if a riverbank will work.  There's a spot at the back of the graveyard that leads to the water for fishing.  There's a no fishing sign there.  Maybe that would count as a beach.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

lovergirl

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:23 AM »
No, i tried. There's no beach but i used a trick (hihi, not regulary cheat). I took a lot and i switched into a community lot ( riverview doesn't have many community lots). I went to a lot but it didn't work but a person appeared and it counted as a beach and i got a photo. tadam. :D

I have last questions and i finish the all photography collections . I don't understand what it fighting flab. What it means? And i have trouble with dumpsters diving. Should be the second sims angry to kick the container with trash ? And about " remedy for a hot day " i tried with sprinklers and swimming ( i can't .. it's just a normal swimming).

Thanks again !