Author Topic: Photography  (Read 72908 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Photography
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
Hopefully that headache goes away Samoht.

-Bshag- when you take a picture of them do they count as "white roses"? Sorry I keep asking that question but I would like a very good straight up answer. It's bothering me that I've looked all over and have had no luck in finding anything close to "White Roses".

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2010, 03:14:56 AM »
It did thanks!

The clue is not in the name but they do look the whitest in the list...

Semi Roses (Picture is not very good sorry)

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2010, 12:11:25 PM »
Sorry Livvie, I do a lot of landscaping and when the description of while roses came up as white and manicured that's the only thing that came to mind.  The white that samoht meant actually is pink roses. :-\  I haven't tried to photograph "white roses" yet, but I'll try both to see what happens. 

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2010, 01:51:12 PM »
The white that samoht meant actually is pink roses

I thought the roses above were called Semi-Roses? I may have made a mistake, I am not sure now though? They do look white though.

EDIT:

I was correct that the rose in picture is the White Rose, it is called Semi Rose too.

From desc of Semi Rose

Often considered the white chocolate of roses...

While others argue white roses are not truly roses at all...

I bought a camera with buydebug and the camera does identify the rose bush as a White Rose.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »
Ok, I'll jump on quickly and try again before I go back to my BBII challenge. :) Thank you all so much for the help! I'm very happy that I probably just skipped over them or just missed them because they were too close to a red rose bush. :)

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2010, 12:22:41 PM »
This photography thing seems interesting. I think I'll try it soon, but my Sim is now working on painting, guitar, and writing novels, so I think it'll be very hard for her to make her start working on an additional art!

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »
For kitchen kitsch (someone asked about it a few pages back) the coffee machine did it for me :)
The Semi Roses are the White Roses; and for the other rare grapevine, if you go to a house called The Old Nectary in France they are lots of them there. The easiest way to find the Old Nectary (I'm hopeless giving directions in real life; lord knows what would happen if I tried doing it in the Sims!) is to use the phone to purchase holiday home then just scan the map to find the nectary. It's along the river bank(ish).
A quick question...for the Nectar Rack does it need to be the most expensive one as it's part of the Best in Class collection? I'd already bought the most expensive one anyway because I wanted to age nectar, but I just wondered.
Grr Argh!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »
I am having trouble completing collections, because the camera doesn't recognise what it's taking a photo of. I have taken many pictures of the dropa stone collection for instance, but it does not come up as completed in the collection list. I also took a picture of smoky quartz - that's all that was in the shot - and it name it 'untitled' and did not recognise that it was of quartz, as needed in the collection. It's quite frustrating. I have taken pictures of the complete chinese vases set, not sure if that's supposed to be part of a collection or not, but it called it sarcophagus. There was a sarcophagus in the room, but not in the shot. I've noticed that below the shot while you're positioning it, it says what the shot will be called/recognised as in green, but I can't get the correct label if I try to adjust the shot.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2010, 12:55:56 PM »
I'm having a lot of the same problems, Pallyndrome.  I'm playing my very first photography sim trying to distract myself while waiting for ambitions and so far it's just plain frustrating.  His LTW is to have a gallary of photographs worth 25,000 and my thought is, where am I gonna hang all those!  So far my most valuable photo was worth around $500.  I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
I have never had a Photography Sim and yet I like photography myself!  ;D How odd...  ;) That will have to be on my too do list!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »
Anyone have any tips for the Lovers in China photo?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »
Anyone have any tips for the Lovers in China photo?
To be totally honest, I like to create families with more than one person for my photographer, but I don't make them related, because if you go to China you can have two people become lovers and kiss while somewhere in China and as long as you catch the right area on the camera (like sometimes it will have the "lovers at night" option or something) then you can always kick the two people you had in there or move your Sim out. Either way, just make a couple, move your Sim in with them like an exchange program and what not and move them out after a vacation or something. That's what I've always done. I hope this makes sense because I feel like I've kind of rambled a bit, yet anyways, I hope that helps.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
Yes thanks it does help. I'll get one of my other sims to flirt with a local I think. Why didn't I think of that? :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »
Let me know if it works, sometimes it just comes up as "my friends" or "two Sims" which gets annoying as well. :/ Or even "Get a Room" or "Lovers at Night" so good luck!

h20

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
I'm having a slight problem with my sims photography skill. He gets a want which is to make $1000 from selling photographs, when you hover over it, it tells you how much you have made 0/1000 but it never seems to go above 0 not even when I have sold $1700 worth of photo's.

Just wonder if any one else has had a similar problem?