Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 101203 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 27- Fourth Down (Aug 21)
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
If I didn't post right away, I would never remember why I even took those screenshots. Congrats on your progress and your memory.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »
Olivine: Don't you know that the best art can only be produced when the artist becomes one with the painting?
Malley: I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...

From that angle, it looks like she might be becoming one with the toilet on the other side of the wall, too  :o

And congrats Olivine and Zak!

It does, actually  :o

Congrats!  :D

Thanks! Olivine was actually quite an easy heir, so that made it that less stressful!

Congrats on heir four for her requirements :) (despite you already going for the tenth).

Congrats to both Jade and Olivine on happily completing their leg of the journey!  Looking forward to generation 5.

Generation 5 certainly comes out looking unique. Jade may or may not have something to do with that...

If I didn't post right away, I would never remember why I even took those screenshots. Congrats on your progress and your memory.

Thanks, KRae! The worst part is, I played the game last night and forgot to check the family tree for Zak's sister's name...darn.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2015, 11:16:47 AM »
Finally, finally caught up.  I like your rather sarcastic writing style - and I'm going to be haunted by the mental image of Grim in a Pilates class for quite some time  ;D.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »
Finally, finally caught up.  I like your rather sarcastic writing style - and I'm going to be haunted by the mental image of Grim in a Pilates class for quite some time  ;D.

Thanks, hazelnut! Pilates Grim would be quite frightening...though you do always get Grim doing some interesting things in your stories, so that might not be the worst thing he could do  :o

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2015, 07:15:50 PM »
Chapter 28- Who's Your Daddy?

On the last episode of Third Time's the Charm...

Olivine completed her requirements and got married to Zak. They moved in together and quickly began working on bringing in generation 5. We have officially reached the halfway point, which is amazing.

Stay tuned to meet the 5th Matsuri...

In today's episode, we start off with some updates on the rest of the family members. Here is Zak's dad, Santos, working on his logic skill. He wanted to complete The Tinkerer as his lifetime wish. The issue was that he was already an elder, so time was of the essence. Thankfully, he seemed to be making some progress.

Ivy, Zak's mom, used to be a fairy, but she was cured immediately after Olivine moved in. Because of her fae status, Ivy was younger than  Olivine, which was a little awkward. Father Time seemed to agree and decided to remedy the situation.

Ivy: Adult or not, I still look hot!
Malley: Peachy, Ivy. You can look as hot as you'd like, just as long as you keep crushing those grapes.

And now the most important news of the update on Zak's family members...

...I remembered Zak's sister's name! It's Clarissa! Yay!

Just kidding! Seriously, her name is Clarissa, but that's not the most important part of the update, obviously. The biggest news was that Olivine went into labor and generation 5 was about to enter into the family.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is Heir #5, Cobalt. He is a Genius who Hates the Outdoors.

The Crane house was on the small side, so I needed to make some additions to accommodate little Cobalt.

The days went by rather quickly because nothing excited happened. Clarissa worked. Zak painted. Olivine painted. Ivy skilled. Santos skilled. Cobalt was a baby. You know, the usual. Anyway, it was soon time for Cobalt's birthday and that's when things got strange...

...Yup. Cobalt has red hair. Someone get Maury Povich on the phone. Quick.

So, Cobalt looks nothing like Olivine (except for her facial structure) or Zak. Go figure. He's a real cutie, though. Cobalt has red hair and jade green eyes. I did check the family tree for both Olivine and Zak and neither had any other family members besides Jade with those genetics. Anyone know if Jade's genetics-even though she's adopted-played a role here? I'm at a loss and that's the only explanation I can come up with...

Moving on. Olivine got started with Cobalt on his toddler skills. Fuming potty in the background? Check. Perfect time for a talking lesson!

Seriously, this kid is just plain adorable.

Look, it's Clarissa! She decided to give her brother and sister-in-law a day off and spend some time with her nephew. She's mean-spirited, so I was kind of surprised to see Clarissa being so attentive to Cobalt.

The attack of the claw. You're welcome.

Instead of adopting this time around, I wanted to play with Olivine and Zak's genetics some more. Nooboo #2 incoming.

Olivine told Zak the good news and he congratulated her with a pat on the shoulder.

Malley: Great, Zak, just great.
Zak: Would you have preferred a thumbs up?

Back to business. Cobalt was ready to age up into a child.

I sense a career as an acrobat...

A shirtless Cobalt was going to have to wait for his new clothes because Olivine promptly went into labor. Happy birthday, kid.

Anyhoo, at the hospital, Olivine and Zak welcomed a little girl into the family. She was named Aquamarine. Fun fact= that is my birthstone :)

And, here is Cobalt after he was sufficiently dressed in his new big boy clothes.

He gained the Neat trait this time around.

Next time, we'll get to see the magic that is Olivine and Zak's genetics when Aqua grows up. Toodles!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 28- Who's Your Daddy? (Aug 26)
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
He reminds me of the muffin man!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2015, 07:57:08 AM »
Yay, the new heir somehow magically included Jade in the genetics.  That young man's quite the overachiever.  It's not just every child who will completely defy the laws of biology simply to please readers of a forum  :=)
Loved the remembering of Clarissa's name as the big reveal and Ivy' response to aging up.  Nice job making "background" characters shine.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
He reminds me of the muffin man!  :)

He does, which is quite comical  ;)

I was hoping for the twofer.....pat, pat, pat....thumbs up.

Pretty much  :o

Yay, the new heir somehow magically included Jade in the genetics.  That young man's quite the overachiever.  It's not just every child who will completely defy the laws of biology simply to please readers of a forum  :=)
Loved the remembering of Clarissa's name as the big reveal and Ivy' response to aging up.  Nice job making "background" characters shine.

Cobalt is just great like that, I guess! I had to highlight Clarissa in some way. First, I forgot her name. Secondly, she has some dismal traits, so I spent most of my time ignoring her hence the fact that I forgot her name. Mean-spirited grump who tries to scare/argue/annoy housemates? Not really interested.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2015, 06:30:15 AM »
I think adopted sims' genetics can play a role - the game seems to forget they're adopted sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's that or just the game twice selecting the same genetics from its stock of random mutation colouring, but I've certainly seen adopted relatives' traits crop up later.

Love Clarissa's choice of toddler training clothes - that really doesn't look practical for repeatedly kneeling on the floor.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »
Aquamarine is my birthstone too ;-) March babies unite!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2015, 11:37:15 AM »
I think adopted sims' genetics can play a role - the game seems to forget they're adopted sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's that or just the game twice selecting the same genetics from its stock of random mutation colouring, but I've certainly seen adopted relatives' traits crop up later.

Love Clarissa's choice of toddler training clothes - that really doesn't look practical for repeatedly kneeling on the floor.

Nope, definitely not the best choice of sleepwear to train your nephew. But Clarissa seemed to like to wear her sleepwear all day on her days off from work I am totally the same way.

Aquamarine is my birthstone too ;-) March babies unite!

*High five* March birthdays unite!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure that particular shade of red hair is one of the standard 'random mutation' colours.  It looks good on Cobalt, though :).

So, I wonder what his supermax will be?  The child outfit suggests cooking, and 'neat' would fit quite well with that.  'Genius' and 'hates the outdoors', though?  *Baffled*.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure that particular shade of red hair is one of the standard 'random mutation' colours.  It looks good on Cobalt, though :).

So, I wonder what his supermax will be?  The child outfit suggests cooking, and 'neat' would fit quite well with that.  'Genius' and 'hates the outdoors', though?  *Baffled*.

Very observant, Hazelnut! Cobalt will, in fact, be cooking  :)

Chapter 29- Hammer Time!

WE INTERRUPT YOUR USUAL DYNASTY UPDATE WITH THIS BREAKING NEWS STORY: The Matsuri's have made it into the Hall of Fame! Yay! I completed generation 10 last night and am quite happy that I didn't screw up that I completed this attempt. Huzzah.

WE NOW RETURN YOUR TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED UPDATE  ;D

Grandpa Santos decided to put his logic skill to good use and tutor Cobalt so that he would have no problem making the honor roll, as dictated by his requirements.

Cobalt: Grandpa, can you help me find "x" in this equation?
Santos: Sure I can. It's right there.
Cobalt: ...?

Upstairs, Olivine was tending to Aqua. For the time being, she would be sharing a room with Cobalt. This house wasn't too spacious, so they were going to have to make do for now.

Cobalt survived finished his tutoring session with Santos and then was left to his own devices for the remainder of his birthday. He couldn't start his supermax skill quite yet, so he could do whatever he wanted. For some reason, he would autonomously work out. I wish I had that type of work ethic. Seriously, I'm typing this while doing my paper for grad school yet I still manage to get straight A's, go figure.

So what do you do after you work out? Why, bake some sweets, of course!

Now that Santos was done with his logic skill, he was going to begin working on his handiness skill. And, as all simmers should know, the best way to work on your handiness skill is to hammer away at the toilet.

Santos: Exactly! Now go do something fun, Watcher. It's hammer time!
Malley: *Facepalm*

So, the pigtails weren't exactly the most flattering hairstyle on Clarissa. I, for the most part, was not updating the appearances of spares in the households when the heir moved in, but I made an exception in this case. I think she looks so much nicer with this hairstyle as opposed to the old one.

Outside, I caved in and purchased a sandbox. I knew that it would keep my spares out of mischief while I was working with Cobalt later on. I guess he decided to get some free time in before he turned into a teenager and would be put to work.

Cobalt: Don't remind me.

Also outside, Zak continued to work on his painting skill. He finally maxed it with this lovely ninja painting.

The next biggest occurrence in the household was Aqua's toddler birthday. Would she end up with red hair or something completely random? As long as it's not the puke green hair, I'm good.

And the result is...blond hair! That actually makes sense. Clarissa has blond hair and, when Cobalt popped out with red hair, I opened up Santos in CAS in a separate file and discovered that he too has blond hair. Mystery solved.

Zak got started with Aqua on her toddler skills.

First, potty training. Next, learning to walk to get to the potty.

Finally, communicating to express when she needs to use the potty.

Downstairs, Santos hammered every toilet in the house, so he turned his attention to something useful and read up on the handiness skill.

Santos: Actually, my banging on the toilets was very constructive.
Malley: I think you mean destructive.
Santos: Either way, I completed my lifetime wish.

Santos was done with his lifetime wish, so he took over the toddler care duties so that his son could focus on his own lifetime wish. Zak, having the same wish as Olivine, turned his attention to the guitar skill. And so did Olivine.

Clarissa, meanwhile, celebrated her adult birthday outside after coming home from work one day.

And she got her pigtails back...off to the mirror with you...

I have no idea why I took this picture. I'm guessing I took it because Ivy was doing quite well with her collecting of seeds and gardening endeavors. These crops were going to be very useful for her nectar making.

Farewell for now  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 29- Hammer Time! (Aug 30)
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2015, 08:18:10 PM »
Congratulations on finishing. I'll look at your HoF entry after you're done posting the story. Oh, and I loved the homework help.