Author Topic: A Bunch of Flowers (A ‘Who’s Your Daddy?’ Project)  (Read 61934 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: A Bunch of Flowers (A ‘Who’s Your Daddy?’ Project)
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:14 AM »
Family Life

Life at the Flowers’ went on quietly for a few days.

The kids did their homework.

26.Homework.jpg

Bluebell, who was already approaching her next birthday, had some extra tutoring from Billy…

27.Tutoring.jpg

…and she checked under her bed for monsters every night, while she was still able to see them.

28.Monsters.jpg

Ballet remained her favourite activity, though.  It was no surprise that she aged up at the barre.

29.Bluebell_teen_BD.jpg

30.Teen_Bluebell.jpg

Her parents gave her a special birthday gift from the future.

31.Sprite.jpg

Ally’s pregnancy was confirmed…

32.Pregnant.jpg

…and had the usual effect on her relationship with Billy.

33.Hug.jpg

Billy is getting more and more involved with the kids.  As well as sharing the tutoring duties with Ally, he’s become much keener on baby care.  By the time his own child arrives (not so far off, now), he’ll be an expert.

34.Billy_Herbie.jpg

Herb Robert aged up to toddler and started learning to walk and talk.

35.Talking.jpg

He looks to me like another one who needs glasses.

36.Herbie_toddler.jpg

It’s odd to see Bluebell and Nightshade together now that she’s older than he is.

37.Nursery_fun.jpg

Because of some unexpected time off school after their parents returned from the future, it’s unlikely that any of the kids will qualify for their next birthdays more than a day early – which means that Nightshade will become a teenager at about the same time that his younger sister Bluebell grows up and has to move out.

Unexpectedly, Emit came to visit.  He hung around for a couple of days, investigating the strange old-fashioned furniture…

38.Emit.jpg

…and helping to celebrate Tiger Lily’s birthday.

39.TL_child_BD.jpg

40.TigerLily_child.jpg

That evening, Zinnia became a young adult.

41.YA_Zinnia.jpg

Funnily enough, she aged up looking exactly like that – in the adult version of her teen everyday outfit but keeping the custom colouring.  I’ve never seen that before.  It wasn’t quite perfect – her matching red boots were replaced by random ITF footwear – but pretty close.

She sorted out her other outfits, which hadn’t survived the birthday, put her school stuff on display…

42.Zinnia_school_stuff.jpg

…and then, even though it was late, drove up the road to visit a certain little house.

43.Dan_Zinnia.jpg

44.Dan_Zinnia.jpg

Because the household was full, Zinnia couldn’t propose to Dan, so I moved her in with him using Edit Town.  I think they’ll be happy together.

45.Dan_Zinnia.jpg

Early the following morning, Ally went into labour.  You’d think Billy would be used to this by now.

46.Labour.jpg

Once he’d finished panicking, he drove her to the hospital.

47.Thyme_birth.jpg

I’d accidentally clicked on to speed 3 and couldn’t actually see what the baby looked like, even though I somehow managed to get that screenshot.  It wasn’t until they were in the limo that I got a good look.  Wow!  That’s a really cool ghostboo.

48.Limo_home.jpg

Of course, once they arrived home, Ally was suddenly revolted by the baby daughter she’d been carrying around quite happily and wishing to snuggle.

49.Baby_Thyme.jpg

Keeping track of this one could be a problem: she’s almost invisible against those light-coloured bedclothes.

50.Baby_Thyme.jpg

That’s a bit better.  Welcome to the family, Thyme.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Very, very cool ghostboo - and a very, very cool birthday present for Bluebell.

All this time I've been letting my optician tell me whether I need glasses and I could've just looked in the mirror  :-[ ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Very, very cool ghostboo - and a very, very cool birthday present for Bluebell.

A sprite that colour just had to belong to Bluebell.  They also acquired a green one (seen with Ally in one of the future pics), which has been given to Nightshade.
And I'm quite ridiculously pleased with Thyme.  You'd think I'd be used to ghostboos by now  ::).

All this time I've been letting my optician tell me whether I need glasses and I could've just looked in the mirror  :-[ ;)

Um, well, yes  :-[  :-\.  I meant he had that squinched up, can't-see-a-thing look.  As with Alan and Fluellen, Simon and Herbie Bob seem to have eyes that only look right behind lenses.  (HR's just aged up to a child in-game and does look a lot better in specs.)

The owls on the sheets still kind of act as camouflage, but from what I can see, she amazing.

They do, rather.  I briefly considered redecorating the nursery to all black just so that I could find her easily but decided it would be too depressing.  I'm looking forward to her getting bigger and a little less transparent  ;).

katherineghale

Yay!!  I was hoping for a ghostboo!  Welcome to the Flowers family Thyme!  How many boos does that make for Ally now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Welcome BACK to the world of ghost children! ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
That is one (very) cool ghostboo!  :D  Great seeing Zinnia and Dan together!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Yay!!  I was hoping for a ghostboo!

So was I.  I'm normally very lucky and almost always seem to get ghost babies when only one parent's a ghost - but Ally's had so many normal kids with occult fathers that I wasn't at all confident this time.

How many boos does that make for Ally now?

That's 23 children from 22 pregnancies.  Three more kids with other men and then it'll be Billy's turn.

Welcome BACK to the world of ghost children! ;)

:D  It's been a while - and it's nice to have a new type of ghost to play with.

That is one (very) cool ghostboo!  :D  Great seeing Zinnia and Dan together!

Even better in-game, because the colours kind of ripple along her body.  A still photo doesn't really do her justice.

Dan in particular looked deliriously happy to be together again.  They make a sweet couple.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: A Bunch of Flowers (A ‘Who’s Your Daddy?’ Project)
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2015, 12:34:37 PM »
Back to the Future

Billy had been very busy recently.  As he sometimes does, he’d remembered that he was a Renaissance Sim and rolled a wish to max a skill: gardening, in this case.

51.Gardening.jpg

And then there was the future-changing quest he’d embarked on, with help from the Time Traveller.  (Come to think of it, that’s almost certainly why Emit turned up at the house again.)

52.Meteor_magnet.jpg

Billy liked the meteor magnet so much that he took to using it autonomously, even after he’d completed the testing for Emit.

53.Meteor_magnet.jpg

In the end, I had to put the magnet into the family inventory to keep him away from it.  Most of my Sims are good enough meteor magnets on their own, without help from advanced technology.

On the day of Thyme’s birth, he reached the ‘trash talk the environment’ step of the chain.  I sent him to the Summer Festival, where there’d be plenty of other Sims to talk to.  It rapidly became a much less pleasant place to be.

55.Festival.jpg

Fluellen was also visiting the festival.

54.Festival_Flu.jpg

Even though it slowed down Billy’s progress, I was delighted that he flatly refused to listen to the trash talk.  Anyway, plenty of others were willing to give Billy a hearing.

By evening, the time portal had changed to an ominous fiery glow.  Billy dived right back in, followed rather more slowly by Alison.

56.Portal.jpg

They emerged in a very different Oasis Landing.

57.Dystopia.jpg

(And how did she manage to arrive first?)

Even though the future now seemed like a much less pleasant place to be, they bought a home there.  Having their own place would be better than staying at Base Camp and it wasn’t as though they were short of money, after all.

58.House.jpg

Once they were settled in, Ally returned Erik and Nick to the graveyard, apologising because it wasn’t quite as pretty as when they’d left.

59.Erik.jpg

Then she went off to get a job.  Billy had done more than his share of joining careers, looking for potential fathers.  Here, with no children to care for, she had time to do her own research.

60.Bot_arena.jpg

On her first day as part of the clean-up crew at the Bot Arena, she met someone who seemed highly compatible.

61.Melvin.jpg

“Oh, I like this one, Hazel!”

62.Melvin.jpg

She invited Melvin home and launched into the romantic interactions.

63.Melvin.jpg

There was only one hitch.  Once he’d agreed to woohoo, Melvin headed upstairs to the dream pod in the bedroom where Billy was painting.  Why couldn’t he have chosen one of the others?

64.Oops.jpg

Fortunately, Billy, placid as ever, was happy to swap virtual canvases, continuing with the painting on his other easel in the living room, while Ally and her smelly lover Tried for Baby.

65.Woohoo.jpg

Several times.  No chimes.  Why didn’t I put the heart bed in one of the rooms here?

A few hours later, it became clear that they’d succeeded anyway…

66.Preggers.jpg

…and I discovered that pregnant Sims can’t time-travel.  This baby was going to have to be born in the future.

Ally spent her pregnancy playing with the high-tech items around the house…

67.Future_tech.jpg

…although I think she prefers old-fashioned water-type showers.  Billy was doing rather better with the advanced technology skill but still preferred painting.  And both of them loved the pool.  Why?  Their pool at home was much pleasanter but was almost totally ignored.  Here, everything was dingy and smoggy and there was always the risk of…

Oh no!  Billy, I don’t think you should have used that magnet so enthusiastically.

Don’t duck; run! :o

68.Meteor.jpg

At least Ally was safe. But where was Billy?  That explosion seemed to be almost exactly where he was standing.

69.Meteor.jpg

Yeah, probably a bit late to run now – but I’m so glad you’re OK.  (In fact, he didn’t stop running until he’d reached a shower and got rid of the ‘singed’ moodlet.)

After that, I kept them both indoors and doing nothing in particular until…

70.Labour.jpg

Since Billy went into full-on panic mode again, it seemed like a good idea to try out the hospital facilities in Oasis Landing.

71.Thistle_birth.jpg

Is that just a random horse following Ally home or is there some kind of equine-assisted birthing in the future?  ???

72.Horse.jpg

As soon as they were back in their future home with little Thistle, they left it again for the portal on the roof of the base camp – and the safety of their own time.

73.Home-again.jpg

Yes, Billy, it’s a baby.  Haven’t you seen enough by now to recognise them?  Now go and pick him up off the damp grass and put him in a cot.

Because Ally’s pregnancy happened in the future, Thistle and Thyme are effectively twins.  It’s going to be a while before the nursery has room for another child.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Most of my Sims are good enough meteor magnets on their own, without help from advanced technology.

Having read some of your other stories, I concur  ;D

katherineghale

The random horse omg...can't stop laughing!  Maybe the horse thought he might be the father?  Oh dear :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Oh dear, I was almost expecting Billy to continue painting while his wife was busy :P . Surely he's used to such things by now. Glad the meteor didn't squish him!

anything