Author Topic: The Townsend Legacy (complete)  (Read 32758 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 16/8/15)
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »
I think I'm leaning more toward Annie because I don't want those shoes in any kitchen or restaurant I'd be eating in either  :o

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
So many kids! Are you moving them out, which could get expensive, or kicking them out, or marrying them off to someone with a house?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
I think I'm leaning more toward Annie because I don't want those shoes in any kitchen or restaurant I'd be eating in either  :o

Me too - which is a bit unfair given that I gave him the shoes.

So many kids! Are you moving them out, which could get expensive, or kicking them out, or marrying them off to someone with a house?

Kicking them out, but mainly to stop them stealing my cars. They're rolling in cash now and a lot of the little houses are empty, so I could do either.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
This is really cool! I loved Atlanta but if I had to pick it would be between Frank and Provi... I don't really like the look of Den and Annie to pass down genes to future descendants!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
This is really cool! I loved Atlanta but if I had to pick it would be between Frank and Provi... I don't really like the look of Den and Annie to pass down genes to future descendants!

Thanks :D I like Atlanta too, but she's always been horribly glitchy - she graduated from sleeping in potties to a buggy inventory and paintings that vanish halfway through creating them, so she's probably not a great long-term bet.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 18/8/15)
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »
@Malley, you’ll be glad to hear that Frank has been learning to cook from books, since that keeps his shoes out of the kitchen as much as possible. He has, however, started working at the Diner, so might be best to keep away from there.

Meanwhile, Annie is working on her athletic skill, not very successfully.

And Denver and Provs have split the gardening up between them.

Atlanta has found love in the form of the, um, unique-looking Arlo Bunch.

Augusta found something rather amusing. Could be the wall; could be the thought of kissing Arlo.

Atlanta got a wish to WooHoo with him almost immediately. My hand might just possibly have slipped onto Try For Baby...

It was only afterwards that Atlanta got a good look at Arlo’s face and imagined what his spawn might look like.

Well, too late to back out now.

Provs got the warning that she’d have to graduate soon and behave like a grown-up. She quickly began a string of pranks to compensate – most of which trapped Augusta. (Oddly, Providence remains by far her favourite child.)

And the Arlo spawn made her appearance. This is Juneau: she’s an outdoors-loving loner.

Annie and Providence’s birthday finally rolled around:

Provs has become Eccentric, and her LTW is Super Popular.

Annie is now a supernatural sceptic (despite the fairies, ghosts and vampires in her family tree). Since both that and her brave trait should help her in law enforcement, and she’s also a genius, she’s decided she wants to be an International Super Spy. She’s also going to be heir, partly because she’s got the slowest LTW, partly because she’s got good traits and Tally’s hair, and partly because 'Providence' takes a really long time to type.

To celebrate graduating, they immediately went off on holiday.

Providence ran around making friends with France:

Annie made friends with one person in particular:

They got home to find Denver doing some friend-making of his own with his old prom date, Lowell Bean.

Juneau had a birthday:

Mandatory toddlerspam – so far, she doesn’t look too horrifying:

And Denver decided to move out. I have no idea where he’s gone, as he reset and I couldn’t stalk follow him to the new place. He may be homeless, as nowhere is flagging up on the map. He can still be invited over, though. Lowell’s an NPC, so maybe they’re living together in Nomad’s Land.

And now that there’s space in the household, Annie and Yves can get married. Probably shouldn’t tell Annie that Yves is thinking about her sister.

I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Annie :D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
I'll be holding my breath every time Juneau ages up. Will the Arlo in her show up or not?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
It was only afterwards that Atlanta got a good look at Arlo’s face and imagined what his spawn might look like.

That was the best reaction ever. Hands down.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »
I'll be holding my breath every time Juneau ages up. Will the Arlo in her show up or not?

It must be sad being poor Arlo and praying that your kids look nothing like you!

That was the best reaction ever. Hands down.

Atlanta thanks you. Arlo doesn't. ;D

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 19/8/15)
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2015, 01:18:24 PM »
At the grand old age of 94, Augusta decided to retire.

Providence also decided it was time for a change, and moved out.

Personally I would’ve picked something a bit more windowy, but I guess that’s her choice.

Atlanta had a rather nasty experience with some aliens.

After that, she decided that she and Juneau might be safer living elsewhere.

I’d moved them out because my computer was really struggling with the combination of the massive lot and the massive family. Turns out I needn’t have :(

As if orphaning her wasn’t bad enough, Grim then decided to beat Annie up with a pillow.

Maybe he felt that had been too much – I later found him in Tally’s old bathroom, looking thoughtful:

The free spots in the household didn’t stay open for long:

This is Pierre. He’s eccentric and friendly, and gets big brownie points from me for his favourite colour not being somewhere in the white/seafoam/aqua/turquoise bit of the colour wheel.

Annie went back to work for about three hours before the rabbithole spat her back out for another period of maternity leave. She’s done about four days’ worth of actual work so far.

She hurried home to put her feet up and relax:

Pierre and Frank had a joint birthday party.

Toddler Pierre, not dressed in aqua:

Annie just about had time to enjoy not having a baby in the house when contractions hit again. This time she decided to head to the hospital.

This is Montpelier. She’s friendly like her brother, but combines it with grumpy, which is one of the few traits I really don’t like :(

Also, notice the redhead in the foreground? Juneau’s just aged up to teen. She looks a lot better than I was expecting.

Have some Pierre toddlerspam. He’s a very happy toddler – Monts surely won’t be, so I’m enjoying it while it lasts.

And speaking of Monts...

She’s big enough to be grumpy now. Good thing she's cute.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
I feel you pain. I have an evil, grumpy toddler in my legacy right now. I pity her family (and me).

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
I know she's grumpy, but that last photo just made Monty seem even more adorable  ;)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 21/8/15)
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »
I feel you pain. I have an evil, grumpy toddler in my legacy right now. I pity her family (and me).

I don't mind grumpy toddlers so much - it's when they get big enough to get the 'Out of Sorts' moodlet that Grumpy bugs me. Combine it with some resident ghosts, so that they often get woken up in the middle of the night, and you've got a permanent -20 moodlet :(

I know she's grumpy, but that last photo just made Monty seem even more adorable  ;)

I love that pose :). I kept trying to get Pierre to do it, but he's boring a sweetie and got off the springrider when he was asked to.

I hit a run of birthdays – three in two days: first, Annie aged up to adult:

And poor Pierre seems doomed never to get a birthday to himself: this time, he had to share with Yves.

Pierre’s acquired a good sense of humour, so he'll be nicely set up to mock his parents' simultaneous mid-life crises. Hopefully he'll find their constant demands to divorce each other funny rather than upsetting.

The family have got themselves into a pretty good routine. Frank plays his bass...

Annie and Yves play chess...

Pierre plays games...

Annie ponders...

And Monts is grumpy.

But even the grumpiest of toddlers are still adorable.

Not everything is routine, though. They’ve decided to get a new member of the household. This is Sacramento:

He gets along great with the adults...

...but has a rather one-sided relationship with Pierre.

Frank also has a new interest, in the form of the nice little vampire next door. He’s heard rumours about her and his great-grandparents, but surely Holly can’t be that old?

Once he’d earned me a shiny new fridge, I decided it was time to kick him out. Once he’d reached the top of his career, Frank felt ready to start a family, and popped the question:

Holly agreed, on the condition that he bought some new shoes. Frank got changed, and they had a quick wedding in the garden – after nightfall, since nobody likes a crispy bride.

I tried to get a picture of the happy couple heading to their new home, but Holly moves far too fast. This is the best I could manage:

The next morning, it was time for Her Grumpiness to age up:

She’s become a Dog Person, but seems pretty fond of the cat anyway.

Speaking of the cat, he’s had a birthday too, which means he’s now big enough to be tormented with laser pointers.

And because Pierre never gets a birthday to himself, he aged up on the same day:

He’s now clumsy and is a little odd-looking.

For comparison, here’s the adult Juneau: maybe Arlo would have made a good spouse after all?! ???

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 21/8/15)
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2015, 02:55:56 PM »
Randomish thoughts on the last few chapters:

;D

I love thoughtful Grim on the toilet seat :D

I don’t think I’ve seen the chicken/egg pondering before  :D

And Arlo as the better choice in the spouse stakes?!  :o