Author Topic: The Does of Dragon Valley  (Read 43487 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Does of Dragon Valley
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2015, 11:43:46 PM »
@PeregrineTook , Anna is lovely, and Fritz is crazy about her. Unless something stunning happens, they will be carrying on the legacy.
@hazelnut , Fortunately, the bearded lady depilates on aging up.
@Playalot , The randomness is my favorite part. How some of the traits don't conflict is beyond me.
@Ausette , I love to try to figure what the heck they could be talking about.

Ray aged up to teen in the morning before school and had the rest of the day off. Ray’s traits are now Perceptive, Virtuoso, Clumsy, and Social Butterfly.

Ray got a guitar for his birthday and has been making good progress. He’s decided that he wants to be a Renaissance Sim. Better start working on that Logic, dude.

After school, Olga had her birthday and added Ambitious to Insane, Easily Impressed, and Loser. I’ve never played a Loser teen before and what it means is that she gets bullied at school. Not cute, EA.

The girl’s now have an art studio. Anna is close to completing her Visionary LTW. Olga, after homework, is allowed to do whatever she wants. I feel bad for her.

Okay, Leona what did Breandan do now?
Leona: Oh, nothing really. Sometimes I just have to slap that face.

Fritz is a young adult now. His traits are Disciplined, Grumpy, Genius, Star Quality, and Supernatural Fan.
His Lifetime Wish is Physical Perfection.

Well, he’s got Martial Arts mastered, and is coming along nicely on his Athletics.

When Anna aged up she ran off to the science facility even before changing her clothes and hair. She wanted to be able to fish and garden even in the daylight. She brought home the vampire cure and used it. Hmm… Nobody even noticed.

She finally made it to the mirror. Here she is in all her normal sim glory – a Loves the Outdoors, Grumpy, Party Animal, Vehicle Enthusiast, Hopeless Romantic.

Every night is party night at the Doe house.

Whoa, Fritz, you’ve really bulked up.

I’m not sure what Leona did to deserve this, but I’m sure it was something.
Leona: Yes, it was. And I’d do it again.

Hedwig: Becoming an elder is no party.

Leona: Now?
Soon, very soon now.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2015, 03:15:38 AM »
I’ve never played a Loser teen before and what it means is that she gets bullied at school. Not cute, EA.

It's horrible.  I had a Legacy Sim with hates the outdoors/loner/loser/unlucky, which, come to think of it, is probably why I dislike playing with random traits.  I can't remember what his YA trait was but it hardly mattered after that lot.  His school life was one long misery fest - I seem to remember even the teachers bullied him  :'(.

Fritz and Anna look as though their genes would combine very interestingly.  In a good way :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »
Ray’s traits are now Perceptive, Virtuoso, Clumsy, and Social Butterfly.

That's a wonderful set of traits :D A hugely talented private eye who trips over things, sings to himself and has to discuss his cases with everybody who passes by. :)

I seem to remember even the teachers bullied him  :'(.

Wow. Really not cute, EA.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »
Wow, I've never played with a Loser teen either, that's quite sad.  :( Must say though that Anna is an amazing looking sim!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »
Anna and Fritz are going to make gorgeous floorboos together!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2015, 09:21:57 AM »
@hazelnut , At least Olga wasn't bullied by teachers, but I really don't understand why EA thought this was funny.
@Alex, When the traits pop up, I think "now what am I supposed to do with that?"
@Playalot , Mean-Spirited and Absent-Minded have always been my least favorite traits. Loser has now gone to the top of the list.
@Magpie2012 , They need to get started on those floorboos soon!

Prom was scheduled for the night before our teens’ birthday. Ray managed to find time to ask Olga to be his date.

It wasn’t that easy because he went into time out three times that day.

One night on her way home from work, Leona became an elder.

She had to give up being Queen of the Nile and instead is now the Queen of Pompadours.
The next day Leona went to the park and retired.
Okay, clone away.

I discovered that Leona managed to get a sample from Breandan somehow.
Leona: Well, I’m not using that one.
Just as the cloneboo appeared on the floor, the camera zoomed upstairs, and so did Leona.
At age 90, Breandan answered Grim’s call.

Stop chortling, Leona, and go get that baby off the cold lab floor.
This is C-Leona Doe, but we will call her Cleo.
Leona: I gotta say, kid, I’m a little disappointed that you’re not evil. Well, I guess Absent-Minded and Grumpy are sufficiently irritating. I guess you’ll have to do.

The night before triple birthday, Ray and Olga went to prom. Surprisingly, Olga wore her formal wear. They decided to go steady and were voted king and queen. I was afraid there might be a Carrie moment, but all went well.

It was a night for romance. By the light of the fire and flickering video game, Fritz and Anna became engaged.

The next day was a whirl of cake and candles. First was Cleo’s turn.
Yup, same grumpy look as Leona.

Next up, Olga. She became Shy along with Insane, Easily Impressed, Loser, and Ambitious. Her Lifetime Wish – Greener Gardens. Olga will remain a fairy. I can’t make her give up her fairy tricks.

Finally, Ray stepped to the plate. He gained Rebellious to go with Perceptive, Virtuoso, Clumsy, and Social Butterfly. He has already completed his wish to be a Renaissance Sim (Guitar, Logic, Photography) and will soon start his job in the music industry.

Think back many years to a child Leona going to a friend’s huge house after school. She has kept in touch with Branden Lankford all this time. She invited him over and worked her wiles on him. He didn’t stand a chance. Leona will get her chance to look good in that house.
Leona: Oh, and hubby, meet Ray and Olga, your new housemates.
Branden *overwhelmed*: Okie doke.

And so, Cleo was left in the competent, loving care of the remaining Does. Will she become Evil and fulfill Leona’s dreams? Only time and a roll of the dice will tell

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
Well, I guess Absent-Minded and Grumpy are sufficiently irritating. I guess you’ll have to do.

;D

Out of interest, what was Ray doing to spend so much time in time out? The only time that's happened to one of my sims he was evil and mean-spirited and kept starting fights with his siblings, but Ray doesn't seem the type. (Or is he just hiding it well?)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »
A little Leona...that should be great fun! And Breandon, you totally deserved that slap in the face.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2015, 03:47:07 PM »
Look at Fritz in dat uniform... *drool*

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »
Time out?  I've not yet seen that in a game.  Clearly my Sim children are far too boring and well-behaved.  I think I'll have to give them a nudge  ;).

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:10 AM »
@Alex , Ray was having a mood swing and kept getting caught while setting booby traps. He was just really not sneaky enough.
@Malley , I hate to say it, but my life got a lot easier after Breandan's passing.
@Playalot , Yup, the man's been working out.
@hazelnut , Mine are always getting time out. Even the best of them are pranksters...and not good at it.

Now that the house was more peaceful, Fritz and Anna decided to get married and start their family right away.

Soon after, Anna was feeling queasy in the mornings, in fact pretty much all day.

The family took good care of little Cleo and made sure that she felt like part of the family.

Cleo would always be loved, no matter what.

Hedwig enjoyed her elderhood. She discovered that these special goggles she’d been carrying around for a while were really a lot of fun.

She and Fritz broke space rocks together. They had a pink diamond competition going. The score so far:
Hedwig 2  Fritz 0

Then one evening during that magical time after the sun sinks behind the hills but before the lights come on, Anna went into labor out by the fishing pond.

A few hours later…

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »
*stares at all the floorboos* omg!! LOL Last screenshot is awesome! Look at Anna and Fritz!!!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2015, 06:46:23 AM »
I love the baffled expressions.

"What are we supposed to do with these burrito-things all over the carpet?"

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »
Just get the co-conspirator to floor-boo sit for them.