Author Topic: Rose Garland's Immortal Dynasty - Completed  (Read 35630 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Rose Garland's Immortal Dynasty - Generation 7 (New 25Apr)
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2016, 01:45:08 PM »
I finally caught up with this. You're SO close! I love the idea of getting all the elders jobs, and as police cadets no less. Brilliant!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2016, 05:59:10 AM »
I am blown away by how beautiful Scarlett is. A bunch of elderly female cadets, I want to see them taking down criminals xD
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2016, 11:36:21 AM »
You have nothing to worry about with your story!  I have found it completely entertaining.  And look at you sliding on through it!  There is nothing wrong with just finishing the challenge!  That's the best part!  (And one of the reasons I did a speed life states 2 years or so ago)  They all look so cute in their police uniforms eating their youth brownies. 

Cooper looked like he was jumping up and clicking his heels together in that wedding shot too.  Not sure I've seen that before (I don't do a lot of weddings myself.. maybe I should. hm.)  Also - Scarlett is amazing!  Truly a beautiful #7. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2016, 12:11:09 PM »
Aww, I wasn't fishing for compliments honest  ;D  Thank you all so much for the lovely comments and encouragement; I sometimes sit here and think "hmmm, what can I do to make this more interesting, but if I go out of my comfort zone I'm bound to do something dumb (again) and fail!  Maybe I'll let them all have a day trip to Granite Falls at the end!!  ;D 

Bwahahahahaha!  Loved the shot of them all dressed in uniform.  And that last shot with them all sleeping is great lol!

Hahaha, I loved that too;  it's really funny how they all come straight home and nap!  Bless their elderly hearts!  It makes me very  :D that you're enjoying the story!

A bunch of elderly female cadets, I want to see them taking down criminals xD

I know what you mean but I won't "join" them at work; as I don't want any of them to get promoted, which they might if I actively participate in the work day!

I finally caught up with this. You're SO close! I love the idea of getting all the elders jobs, and as police cadets no less. Brilliant!

Thanks Mags :) I wish I'd have thought of it 6 attempts ago - it's so much easier than herding elders for days on end!

Cooper is so sultry, lol. Does he have the cheerful trait, by any chance.

Scarlett is super gorgeous!  Rose must be so proud---the Gen7 heir is a redheaded version of Rose, so lovely!
Congrats on reaching Generation 7.  Are you going to do a Stats page? I'd love to eventually see what all your sims have been up to!

Aww thank you :)  Cooper is cheerful yes, and although he wasn't the cutest child he's grown up quite handsome :)  And Rose and I are VERY delighted with Scarlett; I couldn't quite believe how beautiful she was when she aged up! 

And yes I will do a stats page, I promise.... if I finish :)

Cooper looked like he was jumping up and clicking his heels together in that wedding shot too.  Not sure I've seen that before (I don't do a lot of weddings myself.. maybe I should. hm.)  Also - Scarlett is amazing!  Truly a beautiful #7. 

Yes, quite a few of them do that when they are "very happy"; I think the club vibe helps though!  I am delighted you're reading and enjoying :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2016, 12:19:45 PM »
My cheerful sims tend to do the heel clicking when they're happy (how I knew Cooper had the cheerful trait). Other sims, not that I've noticed.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »
Wow, this chapter really flew!  I can tell you are anxious to be done.

It is so funny that all your elders are police cadets.   No,  not business professionals, doctors, performers.  Police officers.

Lauren looks really pretty!  Scarlett too, of course.  And now you are almost done.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Well, here we are again dear readers, and so much has happened it’s going to be tough to fit it into one post.  My creator (and somewhat obsessed) “Watchette”) has been literally pulling her hair out with us!  Her real life family are considering having her sent for “treatment”, and her real life house is looking like ours does after one of my great parties!    She says we’re all “laggy” and “bugged” and she just wants to be “done with us” –  charming!! 

Anyway, enough of her, back to the Garlands  ;D

So, I left off with dear Scarlett, the seventh generation who has grown in to an astonishing young woman.  Even though she lost her mother Lauren while she was just a teen, she has thrived.  She completed her aspiration as a curator relatively easily, but then decided she wanted to be a “public enemy”, well this was worrying, she wanted to watch someone actually die (well this upset me, especially as she lives with us 6 old folks). 
She went around the town picking fights :

And then asking other old people over to the house to workout with her :

None of which worked, and then even when she did finally succeed by chance at the park, she didn’t get the credit for it, so thank heavens she gave up and suddenly got obsessed with grilled cheese!!

You may notice a little baby bump – yes indeed, she has a lovely boyfriend in the town, but like so many young people these days, she is not interested in marriage or living together.  She wants us all to raise the child together.  Here’s one of the few photos of them together ; he’s a handsome one.   I can’t help thinking he might be one of darling Romeo’s descendants :

She delivered alone in her room, a beautiful baby boy, Maverick.  The 8th generation of Garlands :

Nanny Rose was straight in for cuddles of course :

And soon after achieving this little delight; she achieved her final promotion to be a criminal oracle, not that’s what I call a work uniform :

And with the help of the boys, she also achieved her very strange aspiration about grilled cheese, by going to eat a sandwich in her rocket ship!  Like I said, a little strange :

In other news,  Cooper has been acting oddly, and although the house has 8 perfectly clean and useable lavatories, he decided to have a wee in the garden :

Down at the disco, some very famous ghosts have appeared ; spot Candy checking out Joachin’s behind  ::)

And one that perhaps only any English soccer fans will understand, it appears that Robbie Savage has retired to Willow Creek :

I thought it might be time to show you how things are going with the house.  With so many mouths to feed, and the vain lot all demanding a constant supply of my legendary youth brownie, we are stockpiling!  Here’s a few snaps of the strange collections – the fish up in the attic, and all the flowers and potions down in the basement.  Along with the emergency supplies of the brownie :

Oh, and how could I forget to tell you this ; *someone* decided that I had it too easy for too long, and so I have also joined the others in the police service! 

Anyway, I will sign off now, leaving you with a photo of our darling Maverick.  I can’t take too much credit for his looks, although by some miracle of sim genetics (and to the delight of our creator), he has my green eyes:

More soon, bye for now darlings  :-*

Watcher's note :  Rose isn't lying when she talks about me.  This has been a very frustrating week.  The public enemy aspiration is all but impossible to complete, so having to get an emergency aspiration for Scarlett.  Then Rose decided she would bug out and suddenly wouldn't create ambrosia - thank heavens for stockpiling- fixed by a repair.  Then baby Maverick was the sweetest, and most silent nooboo, NEVER crying, and almost got taken away!  If there were other babies I would  follow the marvellous @oshizu 's tip to feed every time I change a dirty diaper!  And the whole house is now just SO slow, but I am more determined than ever to get this finished.  Please wish me luck, no bugs, little lag, and pray my RL family don't have me put in an asylum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Scarlett is completely stunning and her boyfriend is certainly a looker too.  Maverick, gen 8 Woo! So very exciting for you. It's been wonderful being able to read along with your dynasty and I'm really looking forward to the end for the only reason that it will mean you are in the Hall of Fame. Not long now.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Scarlett is completely stunning and her boyfriend is certainly a looker too.  Maverick, gen 8 Woo! So very exciting for you. It's been wonderful being able to read along with your dynasty and I'm really looking forward to the end for the only reason that it will mean you are in the Hall of Fame. Not long now.  :)

Thanks so much @Playalot .  I can hardly dare hope for HOF; I've had so many close calls; but if I fail now I think I will send myself to the asylum  :-X  My family keep asking if it's safe to talk to me yet! 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oooh, Maverick is adorable! I couldn't see an image at first so I returned to your thread's first page and when I returned, there it was.
But of course he would be gorgeous with the stunning Scarlett as his mum.  What a charmer he is!

Lol, stay positive, tj--don't jinx yourself! You will finish this time!
And then you can prepare some nice meals for your RL family and pretend like you haven't been neglecting them  ;)

And you always say that you can't write, but I really love your dry humor!
So exciting!!! Can't wait to see Maverick age up! <3
How fabulous that Rose's green eyes reappeared in the last generation!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Oh wow, Scarlett is looking super hot in her work outfit. I had a coughing fit when Robbie Savage turned up  ;D Generation 8, you are ever so close! I love Maverick with his red hair and green eyes (my perfect combination  ;)).
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Oh-oh, Maverick is a doll!  He's gorgeous!  --snickers-- Couldn't help but laugh at poor Rose XD That's one way to keep everyone busy lol!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Generation eight in my humblest of opinions is the most difficult part of a dynasty. Keep going you can do it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Re: Rose Garland's Immortal Dynasty - Eighth Immortal (04May)
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2016, 03:38:23 PM »
Please excuse the cheesy grins, but at last my family is complete  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm going to whiz through this final chapter, giving you a few highlights of Maverick's story.  He's simply a gorgeous young man, from the very cute phase when he was enraptured by his mummy's story telling :

To the day he was promoted to a business tycoon in a very smart suit :

He worked hard at his yoga and fitness, but strangely even though he maxed both, and used the slimming potion he never got rid of his little tummy, he didn't get that from any of us (as you can see)  ;D :

He got together with a lovely girl at the disco, and they produced another lovely generation of Garlands (we're going to need a bigger house) :

Here he is with Scarlett when she had her first portion of my youth brownie, and him drinking another of the slimming drinks :

And they all spend a lot of time at that disco (I have a feeling they just didn't want to be at home with all us old fogies - hah, they will be old fogies soon) :

We've all been scoffing down the brownie after work; with poor Mav popping in for a fish taco occasionally!

Until finally, when I was the ripe old age of 490 (YES, FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY), Maverick aged up to elder, and we all had cake!

And Maverick had ambrosia!  I'm sorry for the crappy photo, but I've saved the best one for the HALL OF FAME!! 

So, after nearly 500 days, this is me signing off from my tale.  I will obviously still be alive for years to come, with a stockpile of about 80 portions of brownie.  We can all complete all the aspirations now, so even though we don't have space for any "helpers", we will have a lot of potion of youth to keep us going for millennia!  It's been a blast,  much love, Rose Garland - matriarch extraordinaire!

Just a reminder of where I started :

Watcher's note - I'm so sorry for rushing through the end; but I really need my life back.  I've been totally absorbed by this for about 5 hours a day for months, and I genuinely need some sleep and some RL family time! I will give my final thoughts, highs and lows if I get accepted to the HOF (pretty please :)) )

Thanks everyone for reading, and all your wonderful encouragement, and special thanks to @oshizu who was with me every step of the way; I couldn't have done it without her.

Happy and exhausted Tracey

p.s.  I decided to add my final shot here too, as I was really happy with it (strange I know), just in case I don't qualify for HOF.

Standing: Barney(Gen2), Scarlett(Gen7), Maverick(Gen8), Sookie(Gen3)
Sitting: Emily(Gen4), Daisy(Gen5), ROSE, Cooper(Gen6)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Rose Garland's Immortal Dynasty - Eighth Immortal (04May)
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing your journey with us!  Congratulations, Rose and the Garlands!