Author Topic: France Adventures  (Read 8757 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
France Adventures
« on: September 07, 2016, 03:31:54 PM »
Hello,

I am rather frustrated when my current Sim goes to France.  I have him as an adventurer who looks for Sigils, Signets, and Chinese tomb statues wherever he goes.  He has all the Sigils from Egypt and all the Chinese tomb collections, but the Signets in France are another story.  Two adventures that just will not come up are the Kidnapper, and Nectar Research Assistant Needed.  I have gotten every other adventure except those 2, and I've read that there are several Signets with them.  I continuously try clicking on the adventure board, but it just will not give me either of those two.  I am thinking of maybe uninstalling and reinstalling World Adventures, but I am afraid that I will lose my Sim and all of his World "discoveries".  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: France Adventures
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »
If you choose to uninstall/reinstall the game, don't worry about loosing any of your game saves. As long as you back up your Sims 3 folder to a back up media of choice you will not loose game progress. 

If I may suggest a couple things before an uninstall/reinstall of WA? Try resetting them, or even resetting everything using Mastercontroller.

The other thing is a factory reset.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

If neither of them work then you can reinstall WA.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Thanks again for your assistance Mrs. Flynn (are you the only one who responds to these - LOL).  One other thing.  I've heard of the Master Controller, but like with "rabbit hole", I'm not sure if it is ok to download or even how to go about using it.  Can you briefly explain it?  Thanks again so much in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »
The best I can describe Nraas's MasterController is it's a game mod that helps with some game glitches and works well with other Nraas's game mods. It also has several different parts to it.

I know, totally descriptive huh? Sorry about that. I am terrible at explaining any/all game mods.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

I use it mostly to reset the town when glitched and fix relationships when broken. But there's a lot more to this game mod than just that. Click the link above to learn more about it.

The first link in my first reply will show you how to reset the town using Mastercontroller.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »
Mrs. Flynn, I apologize for being such a pest.  I am doing the factory reset option.  After I save my saved Sims 3 folder on my desktop and do the reset, would I just need to replace the newly created Sims 3 folder with the saved one?  I am assuming that I would, but wouldn't the game revert back to the way I had it before the reset?  If that's the case, wouldn't I still have the original problem with the France World Adventure?  Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 02:31:07 PM »
Nah, you're not being a pest. It's all good!! :)

So going with the factory reset option, what I would recommend is instead of replacing the whole Sims 3 folder. Just replace some folders/files. But first I would try a test - Start a new game to make sure things are running okay.

Do not put in mods or custom content. Just go with creating a new test game to see how things are working out. If everything seems fine. Go ahead and copy/paste the following things into the new Sims 3 folder.

-- Folders:

- DCCache Contains all installed Custom Content/Exchange/Store items that you installed through the Launcher.
- Downloads and Exports - Files you want to save = Sims/houses/commercial lots/store content
- Saves - Game File Saves
- SavedSims - Raw Sim people Files that you'll find in the Sim Bin
- Screenshots - Photos taken in-game using the C key.
- Recorded Videos - Videos taken in-game using the V key.
- Mods - Game mods and custom content

-- Files:

* Options.ini - Video and game options
* userPresets.package - Saved patterns/textures/colors

Click the link below if you want to read in more detail about How to do a factory reset.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:09 PM »
Well, the factory reset didn't work.  So I am going to attempt the Master Controller route and see what happens.  Not sure what to do once the application is loaded though.  How would I go about resetting World Adventures?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »
Resetting Everything Using MasterContoller -
Click on City Hall > Nraas > M.C. > Town > Reset Everything.

Click the link below to read more about resetting/evicting household

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »
I read awhile back that the adventure board is glitched. However, I did find a couple posts that have some tips that might help -

Broken Adventure Boards
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-broken-adventure-boards.html

Any solution to adventure board problem?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=17813.msg334687#msg334687

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »
@skipsmooth

If you find you want to do a full uninstall/reinstall of the game. Your game saves and Sims should be fine. Just copy or move your Sims 3 folder to the desktop or backup media of choice.

How to Install and/or Uninstall Sims 3, Expansions and Stuff packs
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425178.html#post_Uninstall

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
Great information, Mrs. Flynn!  Thanks again!  I'm going to try the Game Controller option.  Since I have been playing TS3 for quite some time, I am pretty fearless when it comes to trying to make adjustments/corrections/modifications.  Hey - what's the worst that can happen?  Just uninstall, re-install, and start over!    ;D 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 12:21:45 AM »
Yep. And if you've got the install files and your Sims 3 folder backed up. It's really simple and quicker to uninstall/reinstall and get your game files back.

Let me know how it goes?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 12:57:06 AM »
Did even more digging and found a mod - Nraas Traveler is highly recommended to use to help the adventure board issue. - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

This mod actually replaces the Adventure Board interactions with ones that actually work properly.

I am not familiar with this mod, so if you have questions about it, it will be best to ask questions over at Nraas's site - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
Thanks again, MrsFlynn.  I did look over the links that you sent regarding the broken board issue.  One that I tried was to go back and forth under the Opportunities tab, but that didn't work for me.  One suggestion that I thought that I would look into was to replace the adventures board.  But in 'edit town' mode I wasn't able to get at it.  But even if I did, I don't see any replacement adventure boards available.  I even looked in the 'buydebug' cheat categories and did not find an adventure board.  Have you heard of this replacement option?

Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »
I've heard of the boards being replaced. But haven't seen any how-tos on replacing them.

The only option MasterController gives is when in France click on the board > MasterController Adventure Board > Transfer From > Transfer to

And that didn't seem to do anything.

I did find a mod that gives more adventures per day. But don't know anything about it.

More Unique Adventures per Day
http://modthesims.info/d/579207

anything