Author Topic: France Adventures  (Read 8639 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Re: France Adventures
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
LOL - MrsFlynn, I'm just throwing my hands up in the air, my head is spinning so much!  These mods do not seem to show a link where you download them!  The latest link that you sent does give a great description of what it does and is what I am looking for.  But I don't see a downloadable file! I think in general with these mods, one must be very careful.  Is this correct?  I've noticed that many Simmers are very adept at using Mods.  I wonder where they were able to get the knowledge.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »
Oooh you know when I first started using ModtheSims I was like huh? Where's the downloadable file.

Look for a description button, under the photo section. Next to the Description button there will be a Files button. Next will be the Install Instructions. At the end of this menu will be the Comments button.

If you're unsure how to install a mods file, check the instructions on how to install. And if you have questions, look over the comments section and ask your questions there.

Yes it's a good idea to be careful when downloading game mods and custom content. I prefer to get my game mods either from Nraas and/or ModtheSims, as they're trusted sites.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 05:00:39 PM »
LOL - MrsFlynn, I think while you were responding to my last post, I went ahead and just downloaded the specific mod for the adventure board.  I unzipped the file and now have it as a file under MTS_Outofideas_1628982_MoreUniqueAdventures.  There are 5 choices in the folder, but the one that is recommended is: 10 unique adventures per day.package.  Before I did any downloading of the file, I removed my Sims 3 folder with my saves from the Origin folder.  I then ran the game again to create a fresh new folder.  I know that I will need to place my saves, plus the other folders and applications that you had previously listed into the new Sims3 folder that was created.  But now, would I put that package file into the new Sims 3 folder as well?  Please advise.  Thanks again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
Yep, You would put the .package file in your mods\package folder inside your new Sims 3 folder.

If you aren't sure how to create mods folder, see the post linked below.

Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9187.msg185282#msg185282
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 06:15:22 PM »
Ahhh...I think I understand.  I will go ahead and create a new Mods folder and then create a Packages folder within that.  When I do that, should I place the package files listed in the Sims 3 folder into the new packages file?  I have 5 "floating" packages applications:  CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  I am assuming that I would place all of those package apps, along with the recommended package app into the new Packages folder I create within the Mod folder.  Correct?  If you respond affirmatively, I will then proceed.  Then the next time you hear from me, I will be all set!!   :)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »
Uh-oh...what  is the Resource cfg file?????

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »
Ahhh...I think I understand.  I will go ahead and create a new Mods folder and then create a Packages folder within that.  When I do that, should I place the package files listed in the Sims 3 folder into the new packages file?  I have 5 "floating" packages applications:  CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  I am assuming that I would place all of those package apps, along with the recommended package app into the new Packages folder I create within the Mod folder.  Correct?  If you respond affirmatively, I will then proceed.  Then the next time you hear from me, I will be all set!!   :)

You don't need to place those .package files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, socialCache) in Mods/Packages, only ones that you download as mods. :) Those ones are cache files - the game puts stuff there so it's easy and fast to refer to :)

Resource.cfg is a file that defines how your Mods folder is set up. You just download the file from the link in the thread MrsFlynn linked, and place it in the Mods folder :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 06:36:14 PM »
Seabody, thanks so much for your response.  I will proceed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 08:19:09 PM »
CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache

These are game cache files, like Seabody mentioned and can be safely deleted.

If you're interested in reading more about game cache files, read the post linked below.

Delete Game Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401809#msg401809

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 10:45:41 AM »
MrsFlynn, I did create the Mods and Packages folders.  I placed the Resources.cfg file into the Mods folder, as well as the appropriate .package app into the Packages folder.  The game seems to play alright after doing these actions, but the real test(s) comes later.  I decided to start a new game and play a brand new character with the Lifetime Wish of Great Explorer.  Once I get him into "travelling", I'll see how things work out.  I will let you know what happens one way or the other.  Once again, thanks very much for all of your valuable assistance.   :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 02:02:01 PM »
You're welcome!! Hopefully the game will behave better for you. :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
I'm watching this thread with avid interest Skipsmooth and Mrs Flynn, because French adventures have always been problematic for me too.  Fingers crossed that the mod works.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »
While searching on this issue, and trying to play test some I've come across a lot of posts that strongly recommend Nraas's Traveler mod helps by making it act like it should. - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

Also I found the "cheats" to edit base camp!!

How-To: Edit World Adventure Base Camp
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27134.msg450526#msg450526

As I've read that the adventure board is replaceable. I just wasn't sure how at the time so I searched out the cheats.

@skipsmooth Thank you for letting me troubleshoot with you. This has been fun!! :)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
MrsFlynn, I haven't played the France adventures yet, BUT so far, the mod seems to be working in Egypt and China.  Even though I had experienced pretty much all of the adventures previously, it was so much easier in picking and choosing them.  AND there were a couple of adventures which I hadn't had before.  But the true test will be when I get around to France.  We'll see how that goes when I do.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
Ohhhh....there was a 2nd page...didn't realize that.....LOL.  Magz from Oz, did you try the France adventures yet??