Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1248827 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #525 on: May 04, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »
Well Swede when it does rain here, it is very gloomy  ;) apart from today with all the windows open across the country  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #526 on: May 04, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
Welcome to all the recent newcomers!  We so enjoy getting to meet you all and have you add to our simming experiances.

Swede- I would have to say that the southern states here in the US have a gigantic population of mosquitoes and they have always said that in Texas, things are bred bigger.  Our mosquitoes are the size of 747 airplanes!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Intelman

« Reply #527 on: May 04, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »
Why does that Sims siggy doesn't have Indonesia for country options  ???

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #528 on: May 04, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
I've never been to Sweden or Florida, but I was raised at Reindeer Station, Northwest Territories, about 150 miles north of the Arctic Circle.  Mosquitoes in the North are so big and hungry there is a hunting season for them.  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #529 on: May 04, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »
I've never been to Sweden or Florida, but I was raised at Reindeer Station, Northwest Territories, about 150 miles north of the Arctic Circle.  Mosquitoes in the North are so big and hungry there is a hunting season for them.  ;)

LOL - What kind of ammo do you use for 'em?

Leto85

« Reply #530 on: May 04, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
Very interesting to see many different people and languages on here.  Always great to learn about different countries.  I live in Florida and it is boring here, not much of a beach goer and it is hot, but it is home and that is what matters.  Welcome to all of the newcomers, great site and sure you will learn alot.

I agree with you Saltypaws. All the different people here, not only because of the land we come from but also the different ages, languages and well, haha, the different traits we have is indeed very interesting. And even though we all differ from each other, we still share the same passion: The Sims.
That's really interesting. And to be honest, I am a little bit curious about the rest of the forum members here. Especially about how it actually comes that so many different people love the same thing. The only problem is, this interest doesn't have anything to do with The Sims itself. Or at least: almost nothing and is therfore probably not allowed to be discussed in any existing post here. So I was thinking: maybe someone should make a new post for us members where we can talk about ourselves? We only have to tell each other what we want to tell, of course.
I was thinking of starting one myself, but because I am not a moderator I don't know if I have any permission to do it. And besides that: I don't even want to start one if there is no interest. So if there are people interested, please raise your hand (or post a reply).

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #531 on: May 04, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »
Well, there exists large swamps (not Florida kinda swamps, more Northern versions ;)) up in the North of Sweden. The mosquitoes are relatively normal up there, but the horse-flies there are the biggest I've ever seen! They're so big so that when you go home after camping there, you'll have several holes in your t-shirt from when they've tried to lick your blood through it.

Then there's also biting midges that are so many that you'll never escape from being in a permanent swarm of them. I remember one time when we were camping and if you shook your head, a black carpet was laid out on the table, only consisting of the dead bugs that had been caught in your hair! It is really impossible to be out more than half an hour in the middle of the day, otherwise you're practically gonna faint from all the bites.

EDIT: Leto, have you checked out the Babble Thread? It's the perfect place to talk about, well anything! :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #532 on: May 04, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »

LOL - What kind of ammo do you use for 'em?

They can't be hunted with guns.  That insect carapace is too tough for ordinary ammunition.  They have to be trapped.  There are special mosquito traps; see image.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #533 on: May 04, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »
That was one big mosquito I must say...
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #534 on: May 04, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
Leto, have you checked out the Babble Thread? It's the perfect place to talk about, well anything! :)

Babble Thread... Haha, funny name. I will check it out. Thanks man.

EDIT: Where is it by the way? Can you send me a link?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #535 on: May 04, 2010, 07:26:14 PM »
Well sure, it's just below this one.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »
Well sure, it's just below this one.

Oh Swede,  ;)  that joke is the oldest known one and yet it still catches people!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #537 on: May 05, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »
I don't get it.  What joke?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: May 06, 2010, 04:18:00 AM »
I don't get it.  What joke?

You don't know the joke!  :o

Look closely at what Swede wrote - notice anything about where its positioned and what it looks like?  ;)

[edited for correct spelling - wildredchild]

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #539 on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:50 AM »
I'm with Pam, I don't get the joke either.