Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236747 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Friendly Introduction +
Chat to Forum +
Get To Know Forum +
Ask About Game ++
Ask Forum To Move In --

:P

Found this site via Google looking for an answer to something about a month back and have been lurking since - thought it was time to say hello and, more importantly, thanks for the guides and info!

Very clever introduction.  Love the "Ask Forum to Move In" part!  :D 

Oh...  and welcome!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2010, 02:13:19 PM »
Welcome catlvr and Kilgore Trout! Glad that you like the forum!

Kids today...You're three years younger than me, so perhaps he was before my time as well, but he's a very skilled singer and you have to have at least heard of him! I'm happy that noone here had taken Bob Marley as an avatar.
I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy! ;D
Oh... that guy.
What do you mean "that guy"!? He's Bob Marley!!! ;)
I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy! ;D
How many here are old enough to know that Bob Marley wasn't the original artist of that song?  :D
I'm quite sure he was actually...
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »

That was me thinking I know something that I don't.  Heh.  Bob Marley wasn't the first artist I heard record the song in the 1970s, so I thought I was smart.  Sorry!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »
That was me thinking I know something that I don't.  Heh.  Bob Marley wasn't the first artist I heard record the song in the 1970s, so I thought I was smart.  Sorry!  :)
No biggie Pam. I wasn't even alive back then, so maybe I shouldn't play the smart kid. ;)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
Hi, I'm Sarah and I've been a long time reader of the main site which I've found very useful, thank you :) I'm not actually on the official Sims forum because I spent a few weeks lurking on it, and it seems very...busy, which I guessed it would be, but a lot of the interesting things seem to get squeezed out by fluff and if you find something useful on there, a day later its been swamped beneath a lot of very pointless things! That said, that is how I found the site so my time lurking was clearly very successful.
The worst thing of it at the minute is that the computer I play TS3 on has packed up, and my brother (who is a computer genius but very busy) hasn't had a chance to look at it to see how broken it is. And bless my laptop, 7 years old and not even able to play TS2 (it crashes...I tried it a long time ago!). I've been playing The Sims since it first came out, and I've bought all the expansion packs apart from TS2:Apartment, and I've never been fussed on Stuff packs. And since I can't play TS3 at the moment, I've not bought World Adventures, yet. I'm going to, but I think having it and not being able to play it would send me insane. I'm already having Sims withdrawal symptoms!
I guess if you wanted to know anything about me, just ask away :) I don't bite.
Grr Argh!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »
Hi Sarah. Welcome to the forums.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sarah.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
Welcome Sarah!  We've been very careful about not allowing those fluff posts on our forum here for the very reasons you mention.  We want to have a helpful forum that focuses on the members and what they need to enjoy the game more.  I'm glad to hear that our efforts have been noticed!  I hope you get to playing Sims 3 soon so you can join in the fun with us!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »
If my computer can be fixed, rather than having to splash out (and possibly wait for it to be delivered) on a new one, I'd rather do that! And it also means there's a strong chance I won't lose the family I'd been playing. I find it easier to become more attached to the Sims in TS3 than any other Sims game, I think it's just because there's so much to do!
Until then, I'll just have to use everyone here to get my Sims fix lol.
Thank you for the welcomes :)
Grr Argh!

TheLostGirls

« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »
No biggie Pam. I wasn't even alive back then, so maybe I shouldn't play the smart kid. ;)

You need to make a Bob Marley forum.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2010, 06:59:16 AM »
You need to make a Bob Marley forum.
Well, an introduction thread is as close as we'll get. We're supposed to get to know eachother! :D

Grandpa Muleskinner

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2010, 09:27:06 AM »
Hi, you can call me Grandpa if you want. I really am a grandpa of 12.   ;D As to the Muleskinner part of my name, well that's a whole other story. I'll share it if anybody is interested.

I've been playing Sims since the original. Having all EP/SP for The Sims, TS2 and TS3 thus far. I started this as a hobby and a way to spend time with my grandkids. They got me hooked.

This site is the best I've seen. I've been lurking for a while, and have gathered a bunch of information for the TS3 game. This site picks up where the 'Official Prima Guides' fall short. I don't mean to cut Prima short, I'm sure it's as good as they can make it.

Anyway, I extend a personal BIG thank you to Carl, and a hearty hello to all forum contributers and users.

Just call me grandpa!  ::)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2010, 09:44:29 AM »
Hi Grandpa! Another male on the forum AND someone who's actually older than me! I wasn't sure if both was possible to have happen in the same day, but it is.

Thanks for the nice words too. All the staff work very hard to make this the best site we can.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Grandpa!  I don't have kids or grandkids, but I'm older than Metro and I'll challenge you for oldest member!  Lol.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Grandpa Muleskinner

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2010, 06:17:47 PM »
Thanks Metropolis Man and Pam. Your comments are appreciated. I'm glad to have found this site.

Now, Pamela from Texas, I was raised to be polite and never ask ladies age, but how can you ever legitimately challenge 60 vs N/A. LOL!!!  ::)

anything