Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251252 times)

TheLostGirls

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »
Welcome Sunshine!  ;D

Sunshine

« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »
Thanks TheLostGirls! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »
I love this emoticon ;D.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »
Welcome Sunshine :)

I also wanted to say, I pretty much never visit the offical Sims 3 forums anymore.  Seems like it's totally filled with kids posting pointless stuff and the valuable info is lost in the shuffle.  So glad I've found this place!  Seems like a much higher intelligence pool!  And Carl's guides are awesome!  Keep up the good work.  ;D

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2010, 10:44:45 PM »
Welcome Sunshine

And I won't bother with the official forums anymore myself. Partly due to that silly censor blocking completly unoffensive words in my native tongue and because of the complete utter silliness of some posts...

I do admit their official forum beats the one World of Warcraft has, the American one is like a cesspole and the European one is cleaner, but not by much.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2010, 11:34:34 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words about the Guide and the Forum!  It's so awesome to hear that y'all get from us exactly what we had hoped when this forum was started:  intelligent conversation about Sims 3 without the silliness of those posts that really are just useless.  We've got an excellent group of members who are all very nice and helpful.  Thank you for being part of this with us!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

askarisu

« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »
Hello!

I've been playing The Sims games since 2000, and I got The Sims 3 a little late - after WA came out - because I was hesitant to try TS3. I was very attached to TS2 and thought I wouldn't like TS3, but so far, with the right mods in place (to fix Story Progression and such, not to cheat), I love it.   :)

I came to the Carl's the Sims 3 website originally to find out gardening and fishing tips, but since then, I have referred to the site for anything from Lifetime Wish guides to Nectar-making tips. So thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site- it's wonderful.

It's been interesting to try and modify my game with custom content this time, as it's the first time I've ever played a Sims game on a Mac. Most advice for installing content is directed to Windows users, so I've had to fend for myself. I try to value it as a learning experience, though.

I'm currently trying the Legacy Challenge with Aaroc's rules from the BoolProp forums. I was never able to complete the Legacy Challenge with TS2, unfortunately. I did almost make it through an Apocalypse challenge, but then my computer went bonkers and I lost everything. I'm even blogging my challenge on Wordpress (http://askarisu.wordpress.com/) in the hopes that I will have some incentive to stick with it.

Glad to be here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »
Welcome askarisu!

Nice to see another one who has played the previous games.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2010, 11:02:25 PM »
Welcome askarisu!  We are always glad to see the lurkers finally coming out into the light so to speak.  :)

askarisu

« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
Heehee, thanks Wildredchild!

I am definitely guilty of lurking.  :-X

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »
Me not so much I only found the site at the most a week before I joined lol...

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Askarisu!  I'm glad you decided to give Sims 3 a shot and even more glad you found us!  :D

As for story progression, it's much improved with recent updates to the game.  It was almost non-existent when Sims 3 first came out, but now it's pretty good.  The townies marry, have kids, move around, etc. and keep it interesting.  We actually discourage the use of mods and third party custom content because of the problems it can cause, so I'm really glad that EA improved story progression.

I read your blog for your legacy.  It's very nicely done and hope you continue. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Grandpa Muleskinner

« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »
Welcome to all the newbies from another newbie. Isn't this a really great place to gather and learn interesting new things about ts3?  8)

We are in good company here.  ;D

askarisu

« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2010, 01:00:07 PM »
Thanks, Pam and Grandpa M!  ;D I'm glad that I took the plunge and tried TS3.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »
I still feel like a newbie. Pam should change my star back to newbie.