Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236144 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2010, 05:59:16 PM »
Welcome, Serendi!

I can relate to your post!  Remembering what order Sims 1 needed to be installed and all that, and how many times I had to reinstall was just crazy.  Seemed totally worth it at the time though!  lol

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2010, 03:00:19 AM »
Hi Serendi!

If you are in to collecting then I suggest searching for Tiberium where there are many threads on here about it! Transmuting becomes very profitable, once you get the hang o fit but Tiberium is easiest once you get the Heart cut, it will then transmute into a large Spire Cut worth 30000 - 45000 so one of those can be nice everynow and then. Board Breaking is an exelent way of getting gems when you can break Space Rocks and complete the Body Builder Challenge (no fatigue for strengh workouts)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum Serendi!
He, he. You know, your story kinda reminds me of myself before I got hooked on Sims 1 with Makin' Magic. All I ever did at first was to build enormous houses where my sims could just walk around in since I practically destroyed the game for myself with money cheats. Luckily Makin' Magic came which presented some new interesting aspects that got me playing the real game, I eventually found out what I had been missing out and the rest is history. :D

Also in similarity, this is the first forum I've posted on, although I have followed others closely. Stuck around since it's a great site, but needed some guidance! ;D *modesty herself embodied* Nah seriously, Carl runs an excellent site here.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
I was 5 when Sims1 came out and 9 when Sims2 did so I was too young. I really want to play Sims2 with the University pack.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2010, 03:01:01 AM »
That didn't stop me from playing, I started when OFB came out though. University was fun, even though I never got through it all!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #380 on: March 26, 2010, 03:10:49 AM »
Hello! I'm Hannah and I started playing sims just before TS2 pets came out. I love sims 3! I'm an Aussie 21-year-old and I love pets....and University was the only expansion pack i didn't like - it took sooo long to get a sim through university and it was quite repetitive i found.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #381 on: March 26, 2010, 03:16:21 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Hannah!

I liked Pets, the lack of choice was a bit annoying though. Like you I thought Uni took way long to complete!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #382 on: March 26, 2010, 03:30:42 AM »
So I've been on this site since the tournament started and yeah I'm a bit addicted to playing challenges in Sims - otherwise I tend to get bored with them too soon. And now I feel it's time to finally introduce myself to all of you.

My name is Lena and I'm an 18 year old girl from Denmark. The teacher I had in English in school was very bad so most of my English is self learned, so I apologize for all my writing and grammar mistakes and hope you still can understand me.

I've been playing Sims almost since Sims 1 came out. I still have allSsims 1 expansions installed on an old computer :). I never really got into Sims 2. I got it when they where 3/4 through all the expansion packs and I played it a lot the first 3 months I got it, but even if Sims 2 have many great features (I still miss some of them), I never really got addicted to that one. But then there came the Sims 3 and I was sold and I play a lot each week.

As I said before, I love challenges and I like to compete in as many as possible. There is it also I miss sims 2 a bit. I can't play my "8 survivors challenge" any longer (8 sims survived a deadly disease and now they have to populate the world again.) Then sims 3 story progression is smart but not so smart that I can't turn off emigration and immigration.

[I'll help with your spelling and grammar with edits to your posts.  No worries!  -Pam]

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #383 on: March 26, 2010, 04:35:39 AM »
Hi Lena! I think your english is wonderful for a second (third? fourth?) language! very understandable! I've learnt other languages, but not to the extent that I could go to a forum in that language and understand everyone, let alone speak it!
I was so addicted to Sims 2. It really helped because I was going through a rough time in my life and it was the most complete distraction I found. I could forget my worries when playing it. I've never done any challenges or anything, so maybe I will some day? They sound kinda interesting. Right now I'm just working on my one family through the generations.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #384 on: March 26, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Welcome pallyndrome and LenaLJ! (Now we have at least two Danes on this forum that I can remember of in this instant! :))

Don't worry so much if you're having trouble with English LenaLJ, we can help you out sometimes and things are usually quite understandable to read around here even if someone doesn't write perfectly. Your English also seems to be just fine for a non-native speaker!

Even though English is technically my second language, I can feel so bold to say that I can talk and write it fluently even if I sometimes can't decide whether I like the British or American spelling of words. ::) Then of course, I know fluent Swedish and I can even, in some cases, at least read French!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
I am so jealous of you people who can speak three languages. I really want to learn French.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #386 on: March 26, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »
I would love to learn new languages also, including sign language. It's a beautiful language to "watch" I think, especially when somebody is signing the words to a song. It's like singing with their hands.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »
I am so jealous of you people who can speak three languages. I really want to learn French.

Are you going to take a French class in school?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #388 on: March 27, 2010, 04:09:18 AM »
I can speak English, because I am. A bit of German and am taking French in school, I have been since I was about five.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #389 on: March 27, 2010, 06:03:38 AM »
Dutch, English, French, German and a little bit of Spanish. I can read latin and ancient greek.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -