Author Topic: That's Quite an Achievement!  (Read 11060 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: That's Quite an Achievement!
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2017, 04:46:59 AM »
My strategy will be posted soon, job decided to send me to Norway for work so need to get back home to get my notes :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »
Alot happened after work send my on a work trip. And personal stuff therefore sadly came in the way for me for posting anything.
I am really sorry for the delay and hope you all can forgive me.

Strategy for Achievements:

The two main parts of the strategy for getting the most achievement points where that we where allowed to move in and out sims as we saw fit, and the wishing well.

I went through all household in order to see which sim had either a high job performance, or a high career level and decided on moving in the following:

-Lily Feng - Level 9 in the Business career + Level 9 Logic
-Anaya Yang - Level 9 in the Painter career
-Baako Yang - Level 9 in the Entertainer career
-Jacques Villareal - Level 9 in the Criminal career + Level 9 Logic
-Raj Rasoya - Level 7 in the Culinay career + Level 10 Cooking and Level 7 Gourment Cooking

My main sim main task was to get to know the city, and get alot of friends. This was both for Aspirations and achievements, but also so that i could see if any townies would be employed in a career. This happend often enough to make it worth while. So when someone got a new career i would invite them in and hope they had a high level.

Sims where also moved in in order to max some skills, like a gardener for Gardening, a entertainer for the music skills and so.

The wishing well was a vital part of the strategy too.
If you offer the highest possible ammount it very often would grant my sims enough workperformance so that they could get a the next level on their next workday (if they had all other requriments fulfilled.) This was a big time saver. Ofcause that would also backfire sometimes.

And another very important point was for me always to have all 8 sims work towards some achivement. Which was judling a lot wiht pausing every 1 or 2 minutes. So rather hard but i like playing big households.

Below is a list of the achivements gathered for the points. Which is a total of 2575

‘Til Death Do Us Part      Have a Sim die at their own wedding.      100   
   50-Mile-High Club      Successfully WooHoo in a Rocketship.      10   
   All Nighter      Have a Sim stay awake for 24 straight Sim hours.      25   
   Are You Entertained?      Have a Sim reach max level in the Entertainer career.      50   
   Basketcase      Have a Sim get in and out of all primary emotional states within 24 Sim hours.      100   
   Beyond Repairs      Have a Sim reach max level in the Handiness skill.      50   
   Bow-dacious      Have a Sim reach max level in the Violin skill.      50   
   Captain of Industry      Have a Sim reach the max level in the Business carerr      50   
   Cast Away      Have a Sim reach max level in the Fishing skill.      50   
   Clued In      Have a Sim reach max level in the Detective career      50   
   Code Monk      Have a Sim reach max level in the Programming skill.      50   
   Connoisseurus Rex      Have a Sim reach max level in the Gourmet Cooking skill.      50   
   Elementary      Have a Sim reach max level in the Logic skill.      50   
   Event Horizon      Earn a Silver rating on every social event.      25   
   Fired Up      Have a Sim reach max level in the Fitness skill.      50   
   Flying Colors      Have a Sim reach max level in the Painter career.      50   
   Full House      Play with an eight-Sim household in The Sims 4.      10   
   Games Within Games      Have a Sim reach max level in the Video Gaming skill.      50   
   Green Thumb      Have a Sim reach max level in the Gardening skill.      50   
   Harvested Interest      Harvest from 50 wild plants in The Sims 4.      25   
   Hello, Darkness, My Old Chum      Have a Sim befriend the Grim Reaper.      25   
   Host with the Most      Host 50 Bronze or better Social Events across all Sims.      100   
   I'm the Mix Master      Mix 100 Drinks.      25   
   Introvert      Have a Sim do nothing social for 24 Sim hours.      25   
   It's Not Brain Surgery      Have a Sim reach max level in the Rocket Science Skill.      50   
   Ivory Tower      Have a Sim reach max level in the Piano skill.      50   
   Just Getting Started      Play The Sims 4 for 5 hours.      25   
   Knock, Knock...      Visit 25 different Lots in The Sims 4.      50   
   Literal Genius      Have a Sim reach max level in the Writing skill.      50   
   Mael-strum      Have a Sim reach max level in the Guitar skill.      50   
   Mischief Mastered      Have a Sim reach max level in the Mischief skill.      50   
   My, You've Changed!      Have a Sim become both max thin and fat within a lifetime.      25   
   Nature's Course      Have a Sim reach the maximum level in the Herbalism skill.      50   
   No Excuse      Have a Sim’s bladder fail on a lot with 5 or more toilets.      10   
   Old & Wiser      Have a Sim age up.      10   
   On a Whim      Have a Sim complete 10 Whims at a single social event.      25   
   Over-Achiever      Have a Sim complete 5 Aspirations.      100   
   Picture Perfect      Have a Sim reach max level in the Photography Skill      50   
   Piece of Cake!      Have a Sim reach max level in the Baking Skill      50   
   Refined Palette      Have a Sim reach max level in the Painting skill.      50   
   Rosebud      Gain 1,000,000 Simoleons in a single Household.      100   
   Smooth Talker      Have a Sim reach max level in the Charisma skill.      50   
   Speed Dating      Have a Sim “first kiss” three times at a single social event.      25   
   Splice of Life      Unlock a new plant type through grafting.      25   
   Stellar Work      Have a Sim reach max level in the Astronaut career.      50   
   Straight for the Jocular      Have a Sim reach max level in the Comedy skill.      50   
   Suave Criminal      Have a Sim reach max level in the Criminal career.      50   
   Tender Loving      Have a Sim reach max level in the Mixology Skill.      50   
   The Most Interesting Sim in the World      Have a Sim with 12 or more Traits.      50   
   Tungsten Chef      Have a Sim reach max level in the Cooking skill.      50   
   Up a Notch      Have a Sim reach max level in the Culinary Career.      50   
   View to a Skill      Reach max level in every skill in The Sims 4.      100   
   What would it be like?      WooHoo with a ghost.      10   
   Whimsicle      Complete 100 Whims across all Sims.      50   
   World Competitor      Have a Sim reach max level in the Athletic career.      50   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2017, 01:08:52 PM »
@LenaLJ  sorry to hear that you've had an especially hard/busy time of late. Hope it has quietened down now! Thank you for taking the time to detail your strategy.

I did a similar strategy to you, except a) i did not bother with the wishing well strategy on anyone that was not a level 9 and b) (maybe you did this too but was unclear?) i kept using the "wish for skills" on anyone else i moved in, in the hopes of gaining a few insta level 10's (i got level 10 programming this way.. thank goodness).

I mucked up several things. 1) same as Glazeylady i interpreted 5 aspirations not as food etc and couldn't correct it in time and 2) i waited too long to start Basketcase and couldn't get the fine emotion.

I used a strategy i'd seen around the internet of adopting children and aging them up early to get the legacy 10 achievement.

I stayed in one lot- Arid Ridge, Oasis Springs the entire time and moved sims in and out of there.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »
I stayed at the same lot too.
And i was also thinking about the adopting for multiple generations, but my game became rather buggy/laggy from all the moving in and out.
I had so many sims in the household, some just waiting for their workday that i just had them skill it up the old fashioned way. That was easier to control with many sims.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
What a great strategy and list of achievements, Lena!  I totally understand why you couldn't post before.  I really enjoyed reading your strategy :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »
My strategy was very similar to yours Lena. Unfortunately my game got very buggy and would crash if I attempted to leave the lot,go on a date,throw a party or invite anyone over.
I gave up two days before the Sim deadline in frustration.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »
@GlazeyLady
Thank you for sharing your Google Sheet; I only just noticed today that you posted that link.
I was fascinated at how much detail went into your planning and your actual gameplay. Sorry to hear you'd fallen ill and couldn't submit the score you'd earned.

@LenaLJ
Your intricate strategy was well worth waiting for. I noticed a few "hidden" achievements that I've never gotten (nope, not during last year's challenge either).
It sounds like such an immense amount of micro-management!

@ratchie
Wow, your game got super buggy! My games always get buggy after several generations but not like your short lifespan file got! That's really sad.

Hats off to all the challenge participants!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »
@LenaLJ Thank you for posting your strategy - as always I appreciate the opportunity to learn from you.  I have never played with the wishing well and had no idea it could be so valuable.  I need to check it out.

@cyclonenic It never occurred to me to adopt to get the Legacy achievement - I just crossed that one off as not doable and never looked back.  Thank you for sharing!