Author Topic: Questions about the sims 4  (Read 10325 times)

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
Questions about the sims 4
« on: November 24, 2017, 04:35:37 PM »
Is the deluxe party edition worth the extra $10? What all comes in that version that the original version is missing?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: I'm getting the console game soon, need some info before I buy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:08:05 PM »
Now that the game is out the Standard edition doesn't come with anything extra.

The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition - Comparison Chart
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/console/buy

Deluxe Party Edition has Life of the Party, Up All Night and the Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content. Standard doesn't.

They have said, other packs will be released later on.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
Oh, the standard version comes with the patio pack? is that the one with the hot tubs? Are you 100% sure about that? I'm buying the game from the playstation store and want to make super sure it does because if thats true i'll just get the standard version. Do I have to pre-order the game to get the patio pack in the standard?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 06:02:59 PM »
I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was going by what it said in the FAQ page on ea.com. I went to view both on Amazon. Standard Edition is just the game itself.

Now that Sims 4 Console Edition is out, it does not come with the Perfect Patio Stuff.

Deluxe Party Edition has Life of the Party, Up All Night and the Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/console/buy

I don't think you can pre-order the game now that it's been released.

This is something you may want to look over via the Playstation store to verify before purchase.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »
I looked on the playstation store and neither the deluxe edition or the standard edition comes with the patio pack according to the details. All I wanted was a dang hot tub. Anyways, dow does the sims 4 on console compare to the sims 3 on console, are they similar?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
I don't really know. Sims 4 console edition plays similar to the pc version other than it has a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
okay, thanks for the info Mrs Flynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »
The "disable autonomy for selected sim" option doesn't seem to work, any way to fix it without disabling autonomy completely? Also, I made one of my neighbors my GF and a box appear at the top of the screen. The box has a pic of the sim, a pink and green bar, and her mood. I'm wondering if that is supposed to happen in the sims 4? Can you make your body smaller by doing cardio? The weight bench made my sim way too musculer for my liking. Update: nevermind about the box at the top of the screen, I quit the game which fixed that problem. Does woohooing make get pregnant in this game like it did in the sims 3? If so, is there a way to woohoo without getting pregnant?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Questions about the sims 4
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »
I'm going to say no, there isn't any other way. The options for autonomy is Full or Off.

If you can, try a test game to see if you still have the same issue of Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim not working. You may have found yourself a bug. If that's the case, you may want to report it at:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

This is where they want the bugs to be reported to.

I'm not sure about the cardio making a Sims body smaller or less muscular. I searched on this and found this thread that might help.

Sim Body Shape Changes
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21195.0

There's always a chance of getting pregnant from woohooing.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
I think the autonomy problem is just one of many bugs in this game. My sim will also sometimes cancel an action I told him to do right before doing it. That happened a lot with the tv. Anyways, is it normal for sims to take forever to do most tasks in the sims 4? The only tasks that seem to take the right amount of time are going to the bathroom, preparing and cooking food, and sleeping. Eating and taking a shower take an annoying amount of time. EA has so much to fix on this game, its crazy. I'm starting to regret buying the digital version

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 07:18:09 PM »
Yes, it's a complaint of the game, that tasks take awhile to do. There might be mods that can help with that for the PC version, but unfortunately there isn't on the console edition.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
I fixed the slow shower problem just by upgrading it where it has jets. Are there upgrades on other items that I don't know about that speeds up the process?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »
There might be. I'm not sure what all can be updated to speed up whatever tasks.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
The time sims take to eat has been a complaint since launch of the PC version.  But the basic rule of thumb is the most expensive version of an item will fill a sims needs the fastest. So an upgraded most expensive shower will take the least amount of time, the most expensive (energy 10) bed will fill a sims energy meter the quickest and so on.

There is a trick to fast eating: direct sim to take serving and direct them to walk to a spot on the floor close by, as they lift their fork to take a mouthful direct them to another close by spot on the floor, as they lift their fork to take another mouthful direct them back to the first spot on the floor and so on. This reduces the eating time by 1/2 to 3/4 when done correctly. You can also use the trick for faster drinking too.

If you can't be bothered with doing that then having the sim eat fruit/harvestables often so their hunger need never really drops.

Note, this tip works on PC, I'm assuming it will work on console as well.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Is there a way to see which lifetime happiness rewards you've purchased? I would like to make sure I dont buy the same one more than once. The sims 3 console had challenges you could try and complete which gave the player something extra to do while they played the  game, does the sims 4 have something like that?

anything