Author Topic: [BUG] Genealogy Trees since the new culling mechanics  (Read 2648 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
[BUG] Genealogy Trees since the new culling mechanics
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:51:11 PM »
Has anyone else noticed a change in their genealogy trees since the new culling mechanics were introduced?
In my case (or, I should say, in my particular save), sims who have passed away appear as though they're alive.

Here's an example.
Genalogy chart.jpg

On the top row, the father on the left, Dominic Fyres, and Moira Fyres have all died, but they don't appear as ghosts and their cause of death is not given.
On the second row, Morgan Fyres and her husband appear as they should, as ghosts. The other couple also appear as they should, elders with dyed heir.

Is my game glitched?
Or is there something that I need to do (or not do) with the gravestones of the top-row deceased sims to they appear as ghosts with cause of death listed.
For reference, the sim at the top left was a not-in-the-world sim so I wouldn't know how to find his gravestone.
My sim found the gravestones of Moira, Dominic, and Siobhan sit at the corner of their Dresden House lot. (Siobhan also doens't appear as a ghost in the family trees.)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Genealogy Trees since the new culling mechanics
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:57:17 PM »
This appears to be a bug -

[OPEN] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Dead-Sims-look-alive-in-the-familytree/td-p/6433445

It seems to be affecting a lot of players games, but no work-around that I see as of yet. :(
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 04:58:14 PM »
Thank you for your response, MrsFlynn.
I read through all the posts in that thread and see that my problem is another facet of what @Shewolf13 has been experiencing, that is, her dead sims coming back to life, forming a household of their own, and moving into a lot.

Now, I don't know how to proceed. Do I release the spirits of ghosts whose gravestones I don't plan to place in my sims' dynasty cemetery?
Or should I just store them in family inventory? What to do, what to do.
For the time being, I think I'll leave them in family inventory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »
I think the family inventory is definitely the safest option for now!

I mean I sure am glad that our deceased sims are no longer culled from the family tree but coming back to life is just one step too far!  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 12:40:24 AM »
@oshizu and @Playalot

I have two sims that were elders and died in game that have suddenly come back and are living in apartments in San Myshuno XD

EDIT:  Yikes!  Just read through the bug report that MrsFlynn linked.  That's disturbing.  The sims that resurrect and then get put in houses seem to be horribly glitched.  I'm afraid to play my dynasty now...

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 02:08:46 AM »
I have the same thing going on in my game.  Gavin Richards and another elder sim who isn't an original townie both were put into houses in Willow Creek.  Both of them didn't have traits or an aspiration.  Also, my family tree is like that, where the dead sims appear alive.  I am having a couple other issues, and I wonder if it's related to whatever is going on.  First of all, sometimes when I get the notice that a ghost is going to get culled, it comes up so many times in the news feed, probably 20 times, the same message.  Also, when the town was dead, and I was moving in families from the bin, many of the house I was unable to buy furnished, and I was using the freerealestate cheat.  Almost every single house in Windenberg was like that, and that was where I started, so the game put a lot of sims from the bin in that town.  So, I noticed that any household that had been previously lived in, the game would not let me put a family in with it being furnished.  I have a hunch that it is because of tombstones on the lot. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 02:22:26 AM »
Oh dear, sounds like there are a few issues happening.  Usually houses can not be used like that when you've accidentally moved out a sim with their furniture instead of selling it, so I'm wondering if when the last resident dies the game somehow moves out the ghost with the furniture.. hence why so many people are having this 'no-furniture' problem.

Definitely needs reporting on the bug forum with as much detail as possible. I haven't had this happen yet as I've been playing with aging off recently.

@Shewolf13  let the challenge team know that this bug is around as they might allow you to manually go in and remove the un-dead sims from your game as technically they should still be dead!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything