Author Topic: Sims Eugenics II, or, The Mouth of Persephone  (Read 37896 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Sims Eugenics II - Incomplete
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2019, 06:50:49 PM »

An empty street, an empty house, a hole inside [Enele's] heart. Because he was dead. Good grief but I love the fountains. How on earth did I build this?

And the house was incomplete. Because Kyle died.

So Enele is back. He now takes over as the man with Sulani Mana that we try to get abducted. These are pictures that show what's already been said. We've got quite a graveyard at the back, and no elegant Solution.

Danica is a generic Blonde Child. What this eugenics fun has taught me (and you, who read so closely! thank you!) is that toddlers are often a better indication of genetic traits than children. So there's nothing really to show. With the wedding arch gone, the back of the house changed again, I'll add a picture of it even if it's not great. To carry y'all along on the journey. I don't pretend I get this building thing right all the time. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sims Eugenics II, or, The Mouth of Persephone
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
I always love seeing your builds and yeah, toddlers are oddly good at showing genetics, at least in certain cases.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »
And you got the Backstreet Boys references? ;p Hang on... one of them is Westlife.

On page 5, Nobuya Goes Fishing, there's an unexplained interlude with a house I built for the Villareal family. Architecturally, it's really interesting, but I'm not sure about the inside plan of it. Maybe I'll put it on the Building / Remodeling thread. I've got a few interesting houses floating around. I don't feel very creative just at the moment. I look at my modern 30x30 house in the vampire world, which is a close copy of a house I downloaded... and just don't have the energy to pick a wall pattern. 

Well, you're one of the best writers here. Actually that and your RKC reminds me I wrote a screenplay once. A romcom, sort of, with fictional princesses, a laid-back king, an uptight queen, fictional whisky, abdication, Windsor Castle, Isle of Skye, satire, a dark blue Aston Martin, news anchors as a secondary story arc. Well, I wrote 98% of it.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:11 PM »
I knew I knew that from somewhere! lol I kept saying it to myself, but couldn't get the rhythm right. My brain is slightly fried at the moment so I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

You totally should put it up. I know how it goes with building. I wanted so badly to use the new stair update and I could not for the life of me figure out what I wanted to build.

*blush* Aw, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it. And that screenplay sounds like fun! lol I'd read it!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2019, 05:28:27 AM »
There's some overlap in the fictional worlds we imagine. I've got a desktop folder that stares at me called Writing Stuff, and I apparently last converted The Dead Tree and the Castle to .pdf in 2017. There was definitely a time when I was using The Sims to get ideas for scenes. I think I'd write some of it differently now. There's definitely some innocence and immaturity and clumsiness to it.

Incidentally, and some lurkers might think this is cool too, yesterday evening I saw a suggested YouTube video from a Sims channel I'd not known about reviewing a "Royalty Mod". It's probably something that might interest many people, and sharing is caring. In years of sims I've never used any scripts mods like that, but I've absolutely wanted the occasional Duchess or Marquis or whatever. The Marchioness of Brindleton, the Most Honorable Lady Danica. And so on and so forth. It would suit the house.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II - house makeover
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »

That gazebo thing is pretty, but was taken out rather quickly because I felt it was too close to the house.

Danica Goth as a child. I realise I've got some old pictures I haven't put up here.

And with Discover University (I haven't yet sent any sim to uni) finally, the house isn't quite so bland. :) The multi-story columns and build mode stuff feels like the devs had me in mind. The stone texture and windows and Britechester items in general suit this house so well.

This is new stuff syndrome. There's a lot of mistakes, and much will change. The roof will change... when the snow melts... to whatever best matches the dormers. I might test out the uni experience with another save before sending Danica there, because she must be the best at everything.

When spring arrives I'll be better able to see what needs to be done. Building in a blizzard isn't ideal.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2019, 06:57:42 PM »
Could the house look any more divine?
Looking at your house on its lot, I feel we could use larger lots! :)
Also, I love the idea of your sims being royalty and rocking the snooty walk.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2019, 02:28:20 AM »
I laugh. I've got 5 or 6 gravestones just sitting on the back lawn, so, yes more glorious is possible. ;p

Maybe, Danica, not really being mathematically gifted as a child was constantly told to "Count, Danica!" and although it made no sense -- why isn't she a countess? -- it was assumed by the maid, who gossiped to the town, that she really held the title Count Danica. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II - more house makeover
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2019, 05:05:32 AM »
Small update, more house things. I did keep on playing and editing. In the front-facing pictures in a post above there are the sort of... wall-decoration-fountain Vampire pack things, which glow ominously green at night, so I was excited to see that at night. Not just during the day. Which is not night.

Indoors (and even outdoors), many things were affected by the windows and columns.

I've used the same Britechester stone inside in the stairwells and any adjoining spaces so it doesn't look odd. So this is where we're at. The wall where that single-tile arch is has moved -- it was on the other side of the stairs -- so now the stairs don't go directly to the archaeology museum but to more open, generic living space.

This is all taking place on Winterfest as you can see. Yes, that's Aili -- Red Goth 2 -- in a towel playing juice pong with Father Winter. No, there's no Father Winter's Baby coming up. That makes it Wednesday evening or early Thursday. Danica will become a teen on the weekend.

Downstairs, the galleries had to change slightly. I really like the tall, double arched windows on this house. It really helps bring that country estate vibe. One of my favourite things. 

You'll see there's still a Get Famous window at the end of the passage. I've paid more attention to the front and back, and I'm not done remodeling the house. That's just something I haven't got to yet.

I haven't been simming for a while, but I do remember that although I was trying to get Enele pregnant by abduction for a Sulani Mana alien, one evening Wayne got abducted instead. I thought I caught the end of a sparkly animation on his tummy, but I'm not sure. If he is pregnant, that would be a legitimate descendant of the Persephone / Cornelius family... but I'll have to cheat Wayne the Sulani Mana trait to actually get the nooboo I've been wanting. He might not be pregnant after all this, but we're keeping a close watch.

-----

Yip. Wayne is pregnant. Only abducted once.

Next time: Danica as a teen, Wayne's nooboo, and... an unplanned death from laughter.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2019, 12:24:49 PM »
Wow, Wayne is preggers after a single abduction!?
An alienboo of the Persephone/Cornelius lineage with the Sulani Mana trait?
Will you give him the Fertility trait and fertility massages in the hope of multiple births?

The house looks wonderfully spacious inside.
Pater Winter glancing oddly at the underage Red Goth 2 in a towel--very suspicious scenario, if you ask me?
Shouldn't he be down by the fireplace or scarfing his cookies and mile or something? Haha.

Do I sniff a possible Power of 10 Dynasty in the making? Not immediately, of course, but perhaps in the new year?
I've started attempting a different architectural style for the dynasty house in each new town.
My builds are clumsy and I never have enough outside space, but the building has become one of most fun parts of the P10 challenge.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
The kid by abduction is a fascinating thing, because she's not alien coloured as a baby. She's called Norma, because she looks normal. Just the one nooboo. I didn't even think of trying for multiples, and given how much pain it's been, arg, maybe I should have. Wayne is a spellcaster... and has that messed it up? Is the 100% alien child a spellcaster? Is the child not alien? Is she human coloured, but with alien eyes? Will she magically become alien coloured as a toddler? Many unknowns.

I've had so many thoughts and plans for a P10, looking at what lots to use, downloading some houses. I've even got a note planning how to start and who to marry -- every generation getting together with an original sim. A big thing holding me back is this house and these sims. :) A P10 would be quite a departure from how I normally waddle through a save. But after a generation or five, I'm sure I'd be hooked into completing it.

Right now I want to raise Danica and send her to university. I have now seen her as a teen. She aged up on a Sunday, and she's a global superstar (aren't all Goth girls?) before school on Monday. She's not the one who died on her birthday, thankfully.

The roof is a dark blue option from Get Famous, if anyone is wondering. I'm trying it out. It might stay, it might not.

-----

Edit: nope, I prefer the old roof.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II - When you're looking like that
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2019, 07:23:18 AM »
The title is for Danica, Norma... and their wonderful father:

Actor Wayne, level 9, was determined to reach peak acting before giving birth to an alien. Career prospects after that might take a hit. Producers might think he's strange.

Oh, we have another English Setter, her name is Bea! She ran away, and that's why Wayne had a breakdown on set, but now she's back.

I don't really know how the new debating skill works, and Aili is learning how to debate the mirror. I still have no experience of a sim going to uni, so... debating? (I remember the existence of a debating society at my uni, but I was too socially awkward and would never dare join, but I have degrees in philosophy, and if you debate me now, I will win.) And the rational part of me dislikes a debating skill as if it's something separate from logic, which is already in game. So... logic doesn't win debates? Just sophistry? Being bombastic, putting on a show, arguing dishonestly? Why can't my Red Goth 2 win a debate with logic? She and Wayne are both skilling machines and can max any skill rather quickly. I've thought of sending either Aili or Wayne to uni too, but I'm not really sure how any of it works... so for now the plan is only for Danica to go.

Dogs don't like winter here. It's always a snow storm. When it's not snowing, someone has to go for walkies.

Our lovely family, minus Enele who signed up as a mad scientist to help with abductions (not necessary any more), and that has long hours.

There's worryingly normal Norma. That was the first random name. I did give Wayne the Sulani Mana trait, I have no doubt that would pass on despite the absurdity of a 100% alien with that trait. That's not why she's pale. I think the clash is with him being a spellcaster. So... the experiment has failed. I need a non-spellcaster Sulani Mana man -- Enele would do. I had the option to "send to homeworld", but apart from that... nothing about her seems alien.

On the other hand, in the past I've had Vlad get abducted and his alien child looked like a proper Sixam alien -- blue and pointy ears and everything. So being a vampire didn't clash. Hmm. More experimentation is needed, but it's just a long process unless I find mods or cheats to guarantee pregnancy.

That's Danica Goth as a teen. As un-Goth as you can get. I think with her blonde hair and blue eyes, I won't try make her Red Goth 3. Danica will be... *audible gasps*... a Blue Goth.

Then, Enele died of laughter again. It's Sunday, first day of spring, but the snow hadn't fully melted and he had autonomously played in the snow, which amused him. And he died happy.

I don't want to do one post of 23 pictures, I think that gets too long and it's more manageable to read as two separate posts. The other half has a CAS picture of Norma as a toddler, and Blue Goth, etc. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
The original greyer roof also gets my vote, for what it's worth.
I'm curious---how are you thinking of having your P10 heirs all marry original sims? Fangify all the prospects during the founding generation?

Very odd about Norma having a human skintone--that's only happened to me with a (very, very lovely) hybrid.
I don't have RoM yet, so what a shocking discovery about the alien and spellcaster traits clashing.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2019, 03:17:55 PM »
Yes, vamp. My entire .txt scribblings run thus:

1. child of the islands
2. spellcaster - potion of forced friendship, summon elemental, move in elemental
3. archeology? - easy skill to max, satisfaction points
4. painting? (maybe freelance)
5. gen1: start as ugly male (becomes vamp to bite various people) + elemental female
gen 2 male + L. Faba -- can a vamp turn a spellcaster?
gen 3 female + Caleb Vitore
gen 4 male + Nancy Landgraab
gen 5 female + Dennis Kim
gen 6 male + Mila Munch
gen 7 female + Thorne Bailey
gen 8 male + Meredith Roswell / Caliente?
gen 9 female + Bjorn Bjergsen
gen 10 male + Vanessa Jeong / Judith Ward

I like the bloodline trait with RoM. That's a good gameplay hook. The actual spell / potion side of things... meh. You're not missing anything there. But it might help befriend a Sulani Elemental.

Re normal Norma, I don't think she'll even have the alien disguise option. I don't think she's an alien, though Senior Pollination Technician #3 is her mother. The CAS pic of her as a toddler will be quite interesting to share... given the Cornelius / Persephone genes flowing through Wayne. We have *not* got an Ahilac with Sulani Mana, that was the goal. I'm not feeling strong bond with normal Norma. If I do a P10, I'd rather start with an "ugly to beauty" gallery man, or...

I did fire up a save, untouched since 2015, in order to send a sim to uni. Interesting on two points. 1, it has my first sim doctor, Lyric (who is hands down my favourite human sim). 2. Her grandson is in the GTW science career, and -- *mind blown* -- he's pregnant by abduction! He's obviously not a spellcaster, and I've made a copy of that save so I can test whatever new trait on him. He probably goes back to when abduction pregnancies were an everyday occurrence. Either way, I'm not complaining. What a lucky surprise.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2019, 10:35:36 PM »
Haha, you do love your Prettacy Challenges, don't you?
Wow, that's quite a detailed bit of scribblings!
I'm unfamiliar with Faba, Thorne Bailey, and Venessa Jeong--I assume they come with Get Famous (which I own but never played) or RoM (which I'm waiting to buy for a later P10 heir).

That's hilarious that you have an old save with a pregnant-by-abduction male. They're so elusive when we pursue them!
I'm also remembering your efforts with Enele, only to have Wayne get pregnant after a single abduction! 
I guess you have some testing (or googling) to do regarding how the spellcaster trait interacts with other occult traits.
Looking forward to meeting Norma as toddler and older!

anything