Author Topic: Extracting CC from game/DCCache  (Read 525 times)

Offline WynterBlackwell

• NPC
Extracting CC from game/DCCache
« on: September 30, 2018, 05:06:55 AM »
Hi,

For about a year I had a lot of problems with Sims 3 and after doing some testing it all comes down to CC.
I do have quite a lot and I'd be willing to remove most of it (I actually want to as there is a good chunk I don't use anymore for various reasons).

However there is a few things that I really really want to keep and have in the game.

Unfortunately a couple years back the external HDD where I kept everything Sims related got damaged and I lost everything.

What I do have is the entire folder in Documents including of course the DCCash files and merged packages.

Sadly as some of my CC is so old a lot of it can't be found on the internet anymore. (Sites closed, old download links broken and creators moved on and not maintaining them anymore)

So my questions:

Is there a way to extract CC directly from the game (mainly objects and clothes)?

Or from DCCash files?

Is there a way to unmerge merged packages?

Ideally I would like to start clean with only what I do want instead of removing CC through the Launcher as it's not willing to remove everything I want to (dependencies) and also using CCMagic for all CC and not having them installed via Launcher.

Thank you for the help in advance

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Extracting CC from game/DCCache
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »
You might try asking at dedicated mod sites such as ModtheSims, TheSimsResource or maybe at the official forum as these sites have more of a dedicated modding community that can be more helpful with questions like these.
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WynterBlackwell

• NPC
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »
You might try asking at dedicated mod sites such as ModtheSims, TheSimsResource or maybe at the official forum as these sites have more of a dedicated modding community that can be more helpful with questions like these.

Thaks for the ideas. I do have the queston on both MTS and TSR with no answer so far unfortuntely. I wanted to try the official forum as well but you need at least 30 post or something like it to be able to open a topic and while it would have been good if I can ask I didn't want to random spam the forum just so I can do it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:08:11 PM »
From what I understand with posting on the OF, new members aren't allowed to post new topics. However, what is suggested to do is to post on a similar topic that is already open.
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
Hello!

There is a way to unmerge your package files though I hear it's a HUGE pain in the butt.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/tutorial-how-to-unmerge-a-package-or-multiple-packages/

I can't help with the sims 3 pack files, but that should help with the package files.

Offline WynterBlackwell

• NPC
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
Hello!

There is a way to unmerge your package files though I hear it's a HUGE pain in the butt.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/tutorial-how-to-unmerge-a-package-or-multiple-packages/

I can't help with the sims 3 pack files, but that should help with the package files.

Thank you. Unfortunately this seems to require the original files too :(

Offline RainaElf

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
Hello!

Can confirm that unmerging files blows ... :(

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything