Author Topic: Extracting CC from game/DCCache  (Read 3175 times)

Offline WynterBlackwell

• Nooboo
Extracting CC from game/DCCache
« on: September 30, 2018, 05:06:55 AM »
Hi,

For about a year I had a lot of problems with Sims 3 and after doing some testing it all comes down to CC.
I do have quite a lot and I'd be willing to remove most of it (I actually want to as there is a good chunk I don't use anymore for various reasons).

However there is a few things that I really really want to keep and have in the game.

Unfortunately a couple years back the external HDD where I kept everything Sims related got damaged and I lost everything.

What I do have is the entire folder in Documents including of course the DCCash files and merged packages.

Sadly as some of my CC is so old a lot of it can't be found on the internet anymore. (Sites closed, old download links broken and creators moved on and not maintaining them anymore)

So my questions:

Is there a way to extract CC directly from the game (mainly objects and clothes)?

Or from DCCash files?

Is there a way to unmerge merged packages?

Ideally I would like to start clean with only what I do want instead of removing CC through the Launcher as it's not willing to remove everything I want to (dependencies) and also using CCMagic for all CC and not having them installed via Launcher.

Thank you for the help in advance

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Extracting CC from game/DCCache
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »
You might try asking at dedicated mod sites such as ModtheSims, TheSimsResource or maybe at the official forum as these sites have more of a dedicated modding community that can be more helpful with questions like these.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WynterBlackwell

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »
You might try asking at dedicated mod sites such as ModtheSims, TheSimsResource or maybe at the official forum as these sites have more of a dedicated modding community that can be more helpful with questions like these.

Thaks for the ideas. I do have the queston on both MTS and TSR with no answer so far unfortuntely. I wanted to try the official forum as well but you need at least 30 post or something like it to be able to open a topic and while it would have been good if I can ask I didn't want to random spam the forum just so I can do it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:08:11 PM »
From what I understand with posting on the OF, new members aren't allowed to post new topics. However, what is suggested to do is to post on a similar topic that is already open.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
Hello!

There is a way to unmerge your package files though I hear it's a HUGE pain in the butt.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/tutorial-how-to-unmerge-a-package-or-multiple-packages/

I can't help with the sims 3 pack files, but that should help with the package files.

Offline WynterBlackwell

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
Hello!

There is a way to unmerge your package files though I hear it's a HUGE pain in the butt.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/tutorial-how-to-unmerge-a-package-or-multiple-packages/

I can't help with the sims 3 pack files, but that should help with the package files.

Thank you. Unfortunately this seems to require the original files too :(

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
Hello!

Can confirm that unmerging files blows ... :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.