Author Topic: Social Media Star 2.0  (Read 11199 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Social Media Star 2.0
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2019, 05:19:12 PM »
# of followers - 2,267,385
career level - 7
celeb level - 5

2,267 X 2.2 = 4987

Happy Mother's Day to all :)

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »
My Sim has 76,578,656 followers.
She is celebrity level 5 and level 7 in the career.

7657 * 2.2 = 16,845

I just got Get Famous, so this was a nice way to dive in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2019, 07:25:27 PM »
Oh man, I did not think I would finish in time, but here we go:

66,730,728 followers, career level 9, celeb level 5

6673 x 2.4 = 16,015

Some of those scores are godlike, I'm so impressed.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2019, 08:20:39 PM »
Well, I have no idea how everyone did it, but I had a hard time getting followers.

My sim, Brantley Bright had the following:
1,450,075 followers
Level 5 Career
Level 2 Celebrity

So, 145 x 1.7 = 246.5

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2019, 09:44:03 PM »
# of followers - 2,567,045
career level - 6
celeb level - 5

2,567 X 2.1 = 5390

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2019, 10:48:44 PM »
Piper Pied finished the challenge with 2,580,301 followers, level 7 of the social networking career, and level 3 celebrity.

2,580,301 / 10,000 = 258.0301

258.0301 x 2 = 516.0602

Final score - 516

Thanks for another fun challenge.  Congratulations to the top scorers!

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
I was just looking over some of the other posts, and I just want to make sure I was doing the math right for mine.  We are supposed to divide the followers by 10,000 right?  It looks like some people accidentally divided by only 1,000 to get their scores.  Or maybe I was wrong.  (Which would be great because I would get a higher score.)  So if someone could just make sure to check the scores or let me know so I can fix mine, that would be great.  Thanks for all your help in moderating these things!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2019, 11:13:31 PM »
I was just looking over some of the other posts, and I just want to make sure I was doing the math right for mine.  We are supposed to divide the followers by 10,000 right?  It looks like some people accidentally divided by only 1,000 to get their scores.  Or maybe I was wrong.  (Which would be great because I would get a higher score.)  So if someone could just make sure to check the scores or let me know so I can fix mine, that would be great.  Thanks for all your help in moderating these things!

It looks like Whimsical Peanut, Metro, and sdhoey have all dropped only the last three numbers from their scores.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2019, 01:57:59 AM »
It's 11:55pm in my time zone and I barely finished!  My sim had 22,050,790 with Level 8 social media career and level 5 fame. 

I think that's 2205 x 2.3 = 5071.  Forgive me if the math is wrong.  It's very late.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2019, 06:17:28 AM »

It looks like Whimsical Peanut, Metro, and sdhoey have all dropped only the last three numbers from their scores.

Oh, good lord. How embarrassing. Lol. I will take care of correcting the scores. Thank you, reggikko.

This challenge is now closed. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy. Grats to Nikitachi and all participants.

---------

EDIT: Okay, I think I have all scores correct on the final leaderboard. Let me know if that is not the case.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2019, 06:55:29 AM »
This is the first time of me winning with a score that outperforms the other ones by at least one and a half times...
I am quite shocked and I really hope I didn't do anything that I shouldn't have done.
I will post my strategy later today, because I'm quite busy with work right now. Thank you for the patience.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2019, 08:40:29 AM »
Congrats on your win @Nikitachi and don't worry about making us wait, I do it all the time because the challenges close when I'm asleep so I have to wait to post until after I finish work the next day.

Quote from: reggikko on May 12, 2019, 11:13:31 PM

Oh, good lord. How embarrassing. Lol. I will take care of correcting the scores. Thank you, reggikko.

Hehe, don't stress about it @Metropolis Man I screw up my scores all the time because I'm a maths dunce, but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who messes up their scores sometimes. :P I probably shouldn't poke fun at the Moderators lol but I'm tired and this challenge drove me more than a little crazy

Anyway, I just popped in here to congratulate the winner and now that I don't have to rush to post my strategy, I think I'll leave that for tomorrow, as I don't have my notes on me and I'm heading off to bed. :P

Phoenix Wright is objecting to Celebrities in the game by the way and I'm joining him!

Offline Elinoee

• magnapVE
  • Townie
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »
Congratulations @Nikitachi !
I'm far from having such a great score,but here was my strategy:

I created a sim whose traits were : goofball,self-assured,cheerful and quick learner.
I put his lot traits to quick internet and convivial.
Then I made him create a club. The club activities were :socializing,making jokes and painting (I wanted to get enough money to buy the wishing well).

My first goal was to make him max the charisma skill,so that he would have the «upload viral video» option as soon as possible. It is the social media interaction that gives the most followers (about 1,5 to 2 millions at one time),and it can be done once every few hours.
So I made him be «confident» (by brushing her teeth and buying the confident club aura as soon as possible),and work on his charisma by clicking over and over on «update profile».
In the meanwhile I made him having funny social interactions with the members of his club,to get more club points and increase his comedy skill.
The club was always in meeting,so my sim never had to sleep or eat (the first club reward I bought was the «rally the troops» one).
I then bought the networked perk,and some club vibes perks (beginning on confident,then on playful).

I made my sim work first on the «leader of the pack» aspiration,then on joke star and friend of the world,fabulously wealthy,world famous celebrity. He completed leader of the pack and friend of the world.
With his aspiration points I bought first the Entrepreneurial reward trait,than the Antiseptic trait so that he would not lose some time on showering. I also bought him the Morning Sim and Night Owl traits,that sometimes made a difference between « playful » or « very playful»,«confident » or «very confident»,...

Concerning the emotions,at the beginning of the challenge I tried to make him confident.
Once he had max charisma,I always kept him playful or very playful. I found that the social media interactions worked more well when he was in this mood.
I made him confident when wishing for  promotions at the wishing well. I always gave the wishing well a $5000 offer before wishing. It gave me 3 times an instant promotion (but one time an instant demotion!). The other times it only gave me a message that my sim will have a promotion on the next working day,but it didn’t work.

To have enough money for the wishing well I sold the paintings from my club members the first days. Then,when charisma was maxed,I asked my friends for big loans. It was really easy to earn money that way once he reached 4 stars celebrity level,because he could make good friends instantly (I bought him the « Instant besties » celebrity reward).

The quickest way to have many followers for me was :
1) clicking on «update profile» over and over (maxing charisma and adding fame on the meanwhile)
2) when charisma is maxed, «upload a viral video » as often as possible. The option appears every few hours and it’s the only interaction that gives millions followers (1 to 2 millions every time it’s done)
3) when at level 3 of the career, « share an image » as often as possible
4) when at level 4 (I chose the Internet Personality branch of the career) « share jokes with followers » over and over (while being playful)
5) when at level 5 « shout out at venue » as often as possible (it appears approximately every 30 min and gives approcimately 2500 followers). So my sim and his club were always out from this point,most of the time at a library so that he could have access to computers (he had his laptop with him too,and his drone). He just went home to shower and wish at the wishing well.
6) when at level 6 I used the interaction «start funny meme » as often as possible (30000 followers),and clicked over and the over on the new interaction « broadcast status » that brings aproximately 10000 followers every time you click.
7) when at level 7 « announce appearance at a venue » replaces « shout out at a venue » and gives really more followers (about 200000),so I did it as often as possible while,of course,keeping on doing the other great interactions as often as possible (upload viral video-start a funny meme-broadcast status). I used « promote a photo» too,as often as possible.

I always had a drone streaming,it adds fame and some 200 followers  about every 30 min or 1 hour.

Finally it was on the last days of the challenge that I got the most of my followers. It’ more and more easy to gain followers as you progress in the career,because of the new social media abilities every new level gives you. I really increased my followers number once I maxed charisma,the once I reached level 6 of the career.

To be a 5 stars celebrity,doing the social media interactions over and over gave me the stars.
I chose the « networking and popularity » tree from celebrity rewards,and then had a club with celebrities to increase my fame.
I had the most positive social image by making instant good friends (how fun,because I asked them for big loans as soon as we were good friends!)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2019, 01:21:50 PM »
Congratulations @Nikitachi 8) and great score.  I'm looking forward to seeing your strategy.

Great strategy @Elinoee!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2019, 02:50:42 PM »
So, now I have time to describe my strategy. Thanks to Elinoee, it will be easier for me because she covered a lot of the points I also used.

Actually, the funniest fact is that it was my very first time playing with Social media path/gaining subscribers :D
As usual, before I started, I examined the past similar challenges and found Social Media Star from 2017 (https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28574.0;all) which was very similar to this one, except for the Fame (because it didn't exist yet). GlazeyLady won that one and shared her strategy (https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28574.msg468224#msg468224) which had the following crucial points:
- Max Charisma as soon as you can because it lets you Upload Viral Video that gives over a million followers each time and can be used every 8 hours;
- Wishing Well for promotions (which I always do in all the challenges anyway);
- Club with Rally the Troops (also do it every time);
- “Shout Out” at a venue as often as you can (every half an hour). I actually skipped this point when reading because, as I mentioned earlier, my game is not in English and I never played with gaining subscribers before, so I had no idea what this point means and how to perform it, so I just read it and forgot. But when I was playing, I discovered it by myself and heavily utilized it;
- Other means of gaining subscribers, used as soon as they become available (Start Funny Meme, Share/Promote Image, Prank Streamers, etc.).

Also, when I was preparing for some past challenge that involved gaining fame, I found somewhere in the web a large list of all ways to gain fame (265 entries!). I filtered it to find what I will naturally do during the challenge and found out that, besides the Social Media career, a nice way to gain fame is to perform certain romantic interactions with a celebrity on public. So that is what I chose to do.

I created a female Sim with the following traits: Cheerful, Insider, Ambitious + Quick Learner. I chose the cheapest apartment because she wasn't going to spend time there anyway. But choosing an apartment gives you a possibility to gain some quick and easy points in the City Native aspiration (and I needed to get 3,000 points as soon as possible to buy the Great Kisser reward and Max charisma quickly). So, my first steps were:
- Join the Good Timers club and make the leader (Bjorn) leave its leadership (I always do it in all my games) - this way I can use Rally the Troops from the very beginning and also get to choose club activities that I need to earn points quickly;
- Start my way to 3,000 satisfaction points by partially completing some easy aspiration milestones (City Native, Good Vampire, Leader of the Pack, Master Vampire);
- Find a celebrity to perform romantic interactions with. I chose Judith Ward because she's quite easy-going, is a 5-star celebrity and is for some reason always available to get added to your club (so you don't need to try and catch her somewhere, persuade her to get introduced, etc.). After adding her to the club, I started spending time with her on famous lots, performing romantic interactions (not all of them raise your fame level though, so I chose the ones that do). Eventually I married her, and knowing that you can't add to the household but there is no prohibition on moving this time, I switched lots with her - she went to my tiny empty concrete-walls apartment and my sim went to her luxurious mansion (oh, so close to what happens in real life...) :D I earned quite a lot of fame while doing this (don't remember for sure, maybe close to 2 stars, but I'm not sure here really) and maxed Charisma with the Great Kisser reward. Now it was time to start working on my career and subscriber count.

My sim joined the Social media career as soon as the game started, and wished for promotion immediately with the Wishing well, but got no luck on the first try. Now, when she had a lot of Judith's money, she could gamble with the well as much as she wanted to - and obviously she wanted to do it every 8 hours. And now, the wishing well was super generous this time - I don't know, maybe it liked the fact of standing in front of a wonderful house? :D But it gave my sim an instant promotion every time she asked for it! Thus, making it to level 9 took maybe about four days only. After level 9, it refused to promote her for the last degree no matter how many times she tried - so I just got the last promotion the normal way. This fact helped me greatly, because the higher your career level, the better opportunities for subscriber gain you get - and, as you can guess, I got all of them really fast. I chose the Internet Personality branch and used the following options as soon as they appeared, over and over:
- Start funny meme (career level 6);
- Broadcast status (career level 6);
- Promote image (career level 7);
- Prank streamers (career level 8);
- Charity stream (career level 9);
- Upload viral video (career level 9, but I got it much earlier when I maxed charisma).
All of those are under Social on the computer, not the Games, so I hope I didn't break any rules here.

Besides the subscribers, all these actions raise you fame level, so I got to level 5 quickly.
One more super useful action was Shout Out from venue/Announce appearance at Venue (which I mentioned in the beginning). It's available every 30 minutes, and it gave me over 100,000 subscribers every time! I kept doing it in the library too, along with all the other above-mentioned computer actions. This was actually extremely boring :D
I tried using a drone, but it kept running out of battery charge. I bought several to switch between, but soon realized that they're not worth wasting time on.

So that's pretty much it.
Nothing clever, just pure luck with the well.
This actually makes me feel bad because the well is so unpredictable and unreliable, and it definitely doesn't work by normal probability theory, nor does it depend on amount of money granted.
My suggestion for the challenge team is actually to ban using the well for the future, at least in the challenges where it can really be a game changer. People with brilliant strategies, patience and precise micromanagement shouldn't lose to a rigged item.

Hope I didn't miss anything valuable. If I did, I'll add it as soon as I recall. Please ask questions if you have any.
Oh, and here's the Fame list I mentioned, for everyone to use: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tlI-t7ZUTMbuJpFtas1HVSOE8f67JBlj5Bn6AjhwGpw/edit?usp=sharing It used to be a tiny bit messier, so I fixed everything I could find so that all data belongs to corresponding columns and is unified :D

anything