Author Topic: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27  (Read 14866 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! ID try
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
That’s definitely happened to me. I’m like extra careful now because it’s so frustrating if it does actually mess up! I wished you could preview the pictures before posting. But glad you got it figured out!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 12 1/2 My Home WIP1
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »
Chapter 12 1/2 My Home WIP1

This is entirely a "brag" about how Amanda's house is developing.  For those of you who are interested in her story, but not so much about where she is living, just move on to chapter 13.  For those of you who enjoy building, I hope you'll like the tour.  It's very different now.

The living room/ lounge.  A good place to watch the cooking channel.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

A little sitting and reading area.  Not quite done. 

Dining area, entry and a glimpse into "party room"

Overhead view of kitchen/dining etc.  Wanted to show what was done with the entry.  Sure took some finagling to get stuff in there just right.  Unseen is a little stool for taking off shoes/boots and umbrella stand.

Kitchen and dining area.  Going for a more modern country kitchen/home look.

The Party Room:  small bar and dance floor for those parties that require doing things together.  Needs stuff.

Second floor has an "Inspired" area for painting.  Will eventually have musical instruments.  Second area undecided.  Master bedroom is ensuite but open to inspired room.  Children's bedroom, (I'm planning on a girl), with a large area undecided but think it will be kid's skills room.

General overview of upstairs.  Putting on the fancy trim work was a bear to do. 

Basement area and home to helpers and live-ins.  Will become museum at some point.  Definitely needs work.  Meanwhile storage area for collectibles and winnings/rewards.

Back "porch".  My favorite area so far.  Eventually will be home to parties and barbecues if the rain ever stops.  Right now, party guests often wander out to this spot to chat.

Last but not least, the enclosed garden to defeat the mess Seasons has made.  It will have to grow larger at some point, financing allowed.  Note potty bushes, flower arranging bench and bathroom.

That's all there is folks!  Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I enjoyed the build.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 13: Oh, Happy Day!
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »
Chapter 13:  Oh, Happy Day!

Amanda:  It's my birthday!  dum, da, de, dum.......  Just cooking away and singing,  dum, da, de dum....

Dylan:  And leaving behind a huge mess for everyone to clean up as you toddle off to work.  (continues to upgrade sink)

Amanda:  Hey!  I've only got a few more things to cook before I get another promotion AND possibly max my cooking skills, so chill out.

Dylan:  Yeah, well, that is a reason to sing about it.  Might take some voice lessons though.

Amanda:  You're just grumpy because I stopped you from eating my birthday cake this morning!  Besides, there will be plenty more later on.  I still have a few hours before "B" day and I promise an entire cake just for you.  Now, let me at it!

Dylan:  Better be a top notch Hamburger cake.  I just hope I get all this upgrading done before you have any kind of party.  Big messes and you've got a clean freak helper with Kelly.

Amanda:  Ok, Grumpy Gus, you just do what you're doing and let me cook.  (Continues to sing, off key)

Leland:  Better let 'er at it dude.  Man on a mission and all that.  Can't argue with that kind of joy.

Dylan:  And meanwhile we've got to get it all ready.  Floor's mopped, dishes done, needs met........

Dylan:  And moves to be perfected!  Yeah!  I'm d man!

And with that we'll leave them till birthday time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2019, 09:46:20 PM »
BEA-U-TIFUL house! Very well done.
Also Happy Birthday Amanda! I'm glad she doesn't let grumpy Dylan spoil her mood :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2019, 11:04:20 PM »
Ooh, I love the house. I’m pretty lazy when it comes to decorating challenge houses. I definitely go for ease of use and minimal stuff inorder to avoid the dreaded lag in later generations.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Nooboo news? 6/15
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2019, 01:51:28 PM »
@kattiq and @reggikko :  Thank you for your comments about the house.  In some ways it was a struggle to make but I'm happy with most of it.  I am really fond of that back porch!  Navy blue is not a color I use often but it came out well and really matched what I was doing with the house.  I tend to be a bit monochromatic so am exploring more colors.  The hardest part was the pass through on those off set octagonal rooms and putting trim on the exterior with that weird shape.  I try to not have too much clutter because of lag, as reggikko mentioned, but I really love the way the more cluttered/complicated houses look.  Just don't work well when you're doing a dynasty, at least not on my old clunker pc.  The second hardest part, besides lack of funds so I could finish the house, was building the second house for Alternately.  I wanted it much the same, but different.  Thanks again for reading and commenting.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 14: Happy Birthday, Amanda
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »
Chapter 14: Happy Birthday, Amanda

Dear Watcher in Charge of All,
Things seemed to be moving along nicely.  The house was as prepared as it could be with cakes a plenty, good food in the fridge and everyone knew their jobs and places.  No surprises here!  Leland took a thoughtful shower and prepared to be Mixologist for the night.  He was determined to meet his goal of three drinks at a single event.

Amanda, sampled his drinks and found them more than acceptable.  Her plans for this party were pretty settled and she was confident she would make this a gold star event above all.  Would things be so different once she was an adult?  She really didn't know.  And what about nooboos?  Time to start there?

In the meantime, Don was finding mixing drinks was a bit harder than he first thought, but he was game to be second mixologist if it came to that.  After all, one more skill to work on couldn't be a bad thing.  He just hoped Amanda had the best birthday ever.

Dylan and Don got the party really rolling with a call for a group dance while Kelly and Leland seemed to be slacking off.  Poor Leland had embarrassed himself by not remembering to head to the head BEFORE the party with disasterous results.

The gang really were working the moves!

As the dance rolled on to it's finale, poor Leland was at a loss.  How to hide the puddle he was standing in without anyone seeing it till he could mop it up!  He just wanted to run away and hide from it all, but was saved by Amanda laying on still more food.  Poor Amanda.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time, (except for Leland), but her.  It was her birthday and all she got to do was cook, cook, cook!

Finally the big moment had come.  Kelly brought out his magnificent noise maker and blew a celebratory blast while Amanda seemed to contemplate the future after the candles were blown.  Most of the guests seemed oblivious and busy with their own conversations.

Amanda took a big breath while the guests, who by now were starting to understand their part in the party, got in the spirit of things.  After all, this party wasn't just a cake walk.

With a flurry of sparkles and light, Amanda spun and whirled into the adult we'd hoped she would be.  Congratulations were definitely in order, noise makers used and.......

yes, there was even confetti!  Poor Johnny Z had hoped he would be a member of the team, maybe even a chosen spouse, but alas he was busy doing comedy routines and missed out.  Perhaps another time?

Amanda finally was able to have a bite of her own cooking and from the looks of things it was going to be the best cake ever.  Liza was certainly enjoying her piece, (and several others).

The "Rising Starlet"  was totally conflicted.  Did she eat the cake and abandon herself to the gustatory enjoyment of the moment, or would she be wiser, and hungrier, and maintain her carefully watched diet so her lovely starlet body would not gain an inch or a pound?  What to do what to do?

Johnny and Kelly enjoyed their cake and newfound friendship out on the back porch.  It was quieter here, more peaceful, and they had a lot to discuss besides grilled cheese, always an important topic for our friends.

Amanda took a look around and figured it must have been a great success if any of the dishes scattered throughout the house were any indication.  Oh well, more money from the garbage can!

An exhausted Amanda slept peacefully on while Don enjoyed a bubble bath and wondered if, with all the stress over the party, they had been successful.  Only time would tell if there would be a nooboo on the way.

Last, but not least, oh serendipitous Mast of All, Leland FINALLY got to mop up the source of his embarrassment

He did tell Amanda later that he was considering a long vacation in El Selvadorada, but only after he had a piece of his favorite cake.

Well, that's it.  A longish tale to inform you that yes, a gold medal party was accomplished with our Watchee, Amanda.  Thank you for putting me in charge of her.  I look forward to many more episodes with her and hope I will stay in your good graces.   Yours truly,  W.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Updated 6/7
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
Grats Amanda on the gold & Happy Birthday again :) It's kinda tricky with a birthday party sometimes- I usually always get hung up on the toast part for some reason. lol
Can't wait to see some nooboos (if they were successful that is. ;)) !

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2019, 04:26:16 AM »
I managed to get her gold without that awful toast by doing pretty much everything else.  It was right down to the last minute.  I kept giving people drinks and checking to see if one would toast while I did other things, including buying two don't wake the llama tables for them to play on.  Phew!
I really hate parties in general, (in rl too), so that's the one thing I really struggle with.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
Certain party requirements are just awful. Still, congrats! Glad to see another step done!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 15: More Birthdays
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
Chapter 15:  More Birthdays

Kelly: (singing) It's my birthday, it's my birthday.....hmm,hmmm, hmmm,  No cake.  Yet.  Sometimes it pays to be the first one up.  If I hurry I can do this birthday thing with no fanfare, no noise, and no one to eat my cake but me.

Kelly:  Let's see now.  Which one to make and for whom?  I think, if I hustle, I can get them all done.  Who knew we'd all have birthdays today?
Ahhh!  Got it!.....

Kelly:  Yes sir, nothing like a good, old fashioned Honey Cake for me!

DV:  Sorry about that, I realized too late you didn't want a witness to getting old.  While you were making the second cake I took the opportunity and woke folks up.  Everyone should have friends and family when it's birthday time.  It's part of the penalty of having birthdays, you have to share and grin and bear.  Go ahead, blow those candles out, big boy!

Dylan:  This isn't really that bad, you know.  Right, Amanda?  We promise, we won't laugh.

Kelly:  Yeah, right!  Oh, sheesh!  Getting dizzy!  Why do we always have to spin out the young age and spin in the .........

Dylan:  Congratulations, old man.  You made it! 

DV:  Confetti for you, Kelly!  You did it.

Amanda:  Congrats, Kelly.  Still as good lookin' as ever.

Kelly:  Thanks.  I think. 

Dylan:  Oh, dude!  You are OLD.  (snickers)  Sorry, I said I wouldn't laugh but.....

Kelly:  Just you wait.  Your turn is next.  Let's see how you look once it's done.

Amanda:  You go, dude!

Dylan:  Yeah, I rocked this whole birthday thing.

Kelly:  Meh.  You did good.  Now let me chow down on this cake.

Kelly:  Ok, I'm out.  I just know you have the rest lined up.

Dylan:  Hey, sourpuss.  Don't be so neg.  Girl is working hard for us here.

Amanda:  Actually, I'm trying to make my loves cake before he's done showering.  I want it extra special.  I tried to match cakes with you all but this one has to be perfect.

Don:  Oh, babe!  You remembered.  Thanks, honey. 

Amanda:  Mmmhmmffff

Dylan:  Dude!  TMI!  Get a room, but AFTER you do the candle thing!  Sheesh, new lovers and their always kissing each other. 

Don:  Ok, here I go.  (Takes huge breath) I won't look like you, will I?  (Please God no old and ugly)

Don:  Wow!  Spin city!

Don:  Phew!  I did it!  I still look good!  Yeah!  I'm da man.  Got my looks! Check out my bod, yeah......

Amanda:  Oh, for sure.  You are definitely "da man" and maybe we can find a better place for checking?  (I sure picked a hunkalicious man.  Love him.)

Leland:  What's this?  Birthday cake? For me?

Dylan:  Yeah, dude.  You're like the last one to do this thing.  Sorry we couldn't all be here for you.

Leland:  Well, I'm really touched.  Amanda I'm guessing?

Dylan:  Of course.  Our heroine.  Didn't forget a one of us.  Baked herself silly.

Leland:  Well, you always said I was a blow hard, so guess I'll just.....blow hard!

Leland:  WOW!  This thing really sucks!  Still, I'm not so bad lookin' and still able to hold a job.  I think it's ok.  Besides, no choice.  She did tell us we'd be happy till the end.

Dylan:  Right.  So, guess for now, it's time to end.  G'night DV.

Editors Note  I literally had to go through over one hundred picts to get just enough and not way too much, to paste all the birthdays in one go.  It was more fun and exciting to play than it shows here and I hope we never have to do that again!  Everything was last minute timing as they all had bubbling meters and I didn't want them to be sad with no cake.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2019, 08:56:43 PM »
Congrats to all the guys on their birthdays!  Amanda looks like she's eating for two.  ;)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! New Update 6/14
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2019, 10:16:41 PM »
Aww, Kelly still looks good as an old man! :D And I almost did not recognize Don for a minute in those glasses.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 16 -Vacay!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
Chapter 16 -Vacay!

DV: Hail, oh Master of the Simiverse!  I know, I know, it's been several Simweeks since I last caught you up and I admit, a lot has happened you should be aware of.  First of all everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, had their birthdays.  Disturbing for some and just what comes naturally for others.  I must say the "boys" did really way great with their aging up, although that rascal Don seemed very much more interested in whether or not he still looked hot.

When I say the "boys" did really well, I mean Leland, in this case.  He, and I guess the others, had just about enough of working and skilling, although it really has gone well for them with several of their aspirations maxed.  Not that they needed it, but, you know, they are very competitive. Anyway, Leland decided for his birthday gift, and actually for them all, they would take a short, three day vacation to that tropical paradise, Selvadoradq!  They were all pretty tired of rain, rain, rain, which never seemed to go away no matter how often they chanted that little rhyme, so sunshine and flowers, not to mention rivers full of fish AND, a newly remodeled resort at the old "Jaguar Cantina" was just up their alley.

Of course, being "gringos", they couldn't just sit back and relax but had to seize the day and just start having fun!  Kelly was definitely hungry for both friendship and even better, new foods.  Grilled cheese were off the menu here!

Well, except for Dylan, who still had one more sandwich to eat so why not try out the kitchen facilities and meanwhile, cook up a batch for Don's aspiration?

Speaking of our handsome hero, Don was off at a decent jogging pace to find the nearest and best fishing hole possible.  He was determined to make that particular aspiration his own.

Amanda, on the other hand wasn't as swift.  Haha.  Yep, it sure looks the cat is out of the bag on this one.  Our finest chef has a muffin in the oven, (oh wait, is that a bun?).  Somehow I think she has a lot of talking to do because I'm pretty sure none of the others have caught on yet.  They were all thinking she just got a little chubby like some chefs do.  All that tasting of food you know.

Meanwhile, Leland, whose idea this had been, was getting acquainted with the locals, and trying his hand at bargaining as well.  I believe he at least met some of his goals on this aspiration.

He even made a few friends in the cantina.  That guy, worked on Grilled Cheese AND Friend of the world all at one time in one place!  He really rocked.  Unfortunately, no maxing, but hey, a lot of headway made.

Don was really getting into this whole fishing thing.  How come no one ever told him how great a sport this was?  He dreamed of the whopper he was bound to catch.

Finally catching up with Don, Amanda joined him fishing.  She was undecided yet as to whether she wanted to max fishing or music for her soon to be heir.  Meanwhile, it was just tranquil and sweet to be fishing next to Don.  I think she was just scared to say anything.  Poor, big lumox really didn't have a clue!  How could you see that belly and not know?  Mystery of the Simiverse that the handsomer they are the dumber they are.

Amanda was starting to catch some pretty nifty things that they would be able to use if they actually did any exploration.  At her current bulk she was just a bit worried the boys would make her stay behind in the Cantina.  But that was a worry for another day.

Speaking of another day, I guess I'll have to finish this up later.  Nature calls!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 17 - Big News
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
Chapter 17 - Big News

Amanda:  *Ok, girlfriend.  Now is as good a time as ever.  Just spit it out for Plumbob's sake!*  Uh, Don?  Honey?

Don: Yes, my love?  Are you all right?

Amanda: Well, actually, yes.  I'm more than all right.  I've, uh,  I've got some news. 

Don:  News?

Amanda:  Yes,  well....you may have noticed I've put on a little weight.....

Don:  Yeah, just a bit.  But you are just as gorgeous and cuddlesome as ever.  If it is bothering you we can work it off at the gym.

Amanda:  Don would you please just let me finish?  The big news is, we're pregnant!  We're going to have a nooboo!!!!

Don:   Well, of course, one day we...................we................we..............

Don:  (stutters).....we.....uh.......now?  You can't mean now?  I mean, how?.........I mean........right now?......You ...........uh..........

Amanda:  Yes!  I am SO excited!  Isn't this the best news?  We'll have our very first baby and........

Don:  Noooooo!  Not now!   Why now?  How could this happen?  Well, of course I knew how it happened but now?  We had plans.  I.........had plans.   We're barely married.   This is just going to complicate everything!

Amanda:  You're,  you're not happy?  You, you......

Don:  (Think fast, Donnie boy.  I think you just did a big no-no. *gulps*)  Uh.......I mean.......uh....... a  nooboo.......Sure......yeah....a........I just......took me by surprise......just a.......

Amanda:  (He's not happy?  He......)  Soooo, you aren't over the moon about this?  Am I reading you right, here?

Amanda:  Donald Lothario Newcombe!  You are horrible!   You cad!   You, you..........!  I give you the best news of our life and you aren't happy?  You beast!   How did this happen indeed?  I've been getting bigger and bigger and you never caught on?  Never asked me anything about it?  Are you that blind or just stupid?  Well!  Let me tell you Mr. Newcombe!  WE are going to have this baby and it is going to be the most wonderful child in the world and if you think you aren't going to be here to love and cherish and take care of our child well you've got another think coming!  How dare you!?

Don:  No need to get all ticked off.  I mean, I,   well.......you've got to understand....

Amanda:  UNDERSTAND!!??  Are you kidding me right now?   Understand what?  You thought you could just, you know,  do whatever and no consequences?  Like it's all my fault?  Like we didn't discuss this and plan it well before we were married?  I am SO angry right now I could just...........arrrrgghhh!  You are going to deal with this and when you FINALLY get your little brain around the fact this dynasty has gotten it's heir let's hope it's not too late for our so called romance!  There is no getting out.  No love 'em and leave 'em here, Mr. no........no.....

Amanda:  You, sir, are stuck!  That's it in a nutshell.  You can either make the most and best of it or...........

Don:  Or.........be the best and proudest......Daddy......  Me?  A Daddy?  I'm going to be a "Daddy".  I can......take him  fishing,   and we can play ball together......and......a Daddy....

Amanda: ??? 

Amanda:   Uh.....yes, sweetheart....a Daddy.  The best Daddy ever....(oh, he IS happy!  What a goofy guy.  Guess I told him wrong, just springing it on him like that.....awww)

Amanda:  And what if our little bundle of joy is a girl?  Gonna go fishin' with her?  What about pretty dresses and dollies, and.....boys!?  (giggles)

Don:  Boys?  Boys!  I think not!  Our little angel will have her Daddy to watch out for her.  Boys.....hmpf

Don:  Honey,  I'm so sorry.   I guess it was just a shock at first.  I mean, here we were fishing, in a very romantic spot I must say, and then, BOOM!
My poor love, I must have been awful......I AM over the moon.  I love you so much, how could I help not loving our very own first baby?  C'mere.....

DV:Crises, averted.  Fast thinking that boy.  Come on, Don.  Make nice now, you almost blew it....

Don:  A rose for the queen of my heart and the best, and most beautiful mother of our children, how ever many they may be.

Amanda:  Oh, Don.   Thank you!  You really are happy, right?

Don:  Ecstatic.

Don:  I love you Mandy.   I'll always love you.

DV:  And now, dear friends, the fun begins....

----------
My No Buy Story