Author Topic: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27  (Read 14874 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Here I Go Again! Nooboo news? 6/16
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2019, 04:33:34 PM »
This version of Amanda is a feisty one!  The whole conversation had me laughing.  Those faces Don was making... ;D  I bet he'll turn out to be a great dad.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:18 PM »
I couldn't resist all the pics because their faces were so funny.  The only thing I personally did, besides hit pause a lot, was watch their antics and laugh.  She really lit into him with his faces.  Truly a surprise because she has the cheerful trait.  What we don't see is right after the wedding at the dinner party, (which I forgot to get screenies of), he was flirting with pretty much every woman there!  So I guess she was a bit still ticked off at him.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
What is it with Sim-Men making sad faces when their girlfriends/wives/etc tell them they are pregnant?! It's like they heard the worst news of their lives. Haha!
Congrats Don & Mandy! They will make wonderful parents-but Don better get control of his flirting or ELSE!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2019, 08:21:04 AM »
He's not flirting as much as telling them ... "You all want this, but you can't have it, ladies, only Amanda is sim enough for all this" :D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2019, 01:21:25 PM »
I just love Don. He's always been a great dad in my games. Looking forward to the nooboo!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »
Well, for some reason or another a few of my posts for THIS reality have gotten confused and posted on the Alternatively reality!  I knew there were just too many posts listed there!  Hopefully I removed them and didn't harm this one. (sigh)  I was trying so hard to keep them separate and I'm pretty sure it was not something I did but just don't know.   I have been playing both realities and it's now time to catch up with Alternatively.. (I know, sorry to keep you wondering about the nooboo for Don and Amanda! That will be a fun post for sure.)

@BallerinaHippo :  I really loved the interaction between Amanda and Don during this whole thing.  First of all, even I didn't know she was pregnant!  I never had her do the test so was wondering, not that they weren't making a good effort toward success.  lol

@kattiq:  I know, right?  It's like they didn't expect to wind up fathers.  I guess  they just got away with their antics and no consequences and then, BAM!  Still, it does make for a great photo op!

@Deklitch:  What a great way to look at it, and considering how loving he now is to Amanda, I have to think you're right.

@reggikko:  I was reluctant to use Don because it's like he was same ol', same ol'.  BUT he makes the best looking nooboos, pretty much with whomever he mates with, and even when he's just a pollinator often finds a way to have a relationship with some of his kids. I'm really anxious to see what this one will be like, both in looks and personality.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 18 - Time and "Belly" Moves On
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »
Editor's Note:  My apologies for not posting on my stories!  Sulani wafted her balmy breezes my way and I'm hooked.  Ok, so maybe it doesn't have much "substantive game play", but the beauty and character make up for it, imho.  Looking to make yet another ID using Sulani but that comes later.

Chapter 18 - Time and "Belly" Moves On

Amanda:  Ok, c'mon, admit it.  You were flabbergasted at how angry I got.

Don:  Ok, I admit you took me by surprise.  Never expected you to stand up so strong for something you loved and believed in.  But, we're good now.  Right?

Amanda: *giggles* Right. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Amanda:  So there I was, about as pregnant as a person could be, and Mr. Clueless never guessed!  Would you believe he just thought I was eating too many grilled cheese sandwiches and put on some weight.  Uhhh, you guys kind of figured it out, right?

Kelly:  Huh?  Oh!  Right!  It was the weird cravings in the middle of the night and all the emotions.  Figured it had to be hormones messing with you because you and Don were so obviously in love.

Don:  Uh huh.  Yeah.  Sure you figured it out.  Uh huh.

Leland:  Fabulous steak dinner, Amanda.  You sure can cook.

Don:  You better believe it, and in her condition too.  (mmmnom nom nom)

Leland:  Oh, you finally caught on did you?

Amanda:  And then he saved his bacon by realizing he almost blew it!  He glomed onto the word, "Daddy", and that really was it. 

Kelly:  Well, you just take it easy now, ok?

Kelly:  NO, and I mean hard core n-o, treasure hunting.  That temple sounds like a bad gig for someone in your condition.

Amanda:  Ok, Kelly, I promise, no temples.

Kelly:  And you better realize you have three "grandfathers" who are going to make sure you and our grandbaby has everything you need.  No dangers, no harms, and built in baby sitters as well.

Amanda:  Oh, Kelly that is so sweet.  Our nooboo is so lucky to have such loving godfathers, and so am I.

Don:  No, really, I am going to take the best care of them ever.  No need to worry Leland.

Leland:  You'd better make sure of that because we wouldn't want to have to, well, you know.  Ok, time to call this party done and let's get some rest.  Got a bit more fun things to do before it's over.

And with that, they headed back to the Jaguar Cantina Resort, newly remodeled by moi, your ever faithful Watcher.

Bright and early the next day the crew was hard at work having fun.  Isn't that sort of an oxymoron?  Hard at work, and fun?  Kelly, as usual was the first up.

Kelly found this part of exploring right up his alley.  Nothing like digging in dirt and coming up with treasures.

Leland was making the rounds of the villagers and greeting the lady they venerated.

Don and Amanda were back at their favorite fishing hole.  All problems solved and peace reigned between them as they caught fish after fish.

Later that night, back at the cantina, Amanda once again took up her cooking chores.  It felt good to be back at it.  Seemed like there was so much to do, so much to prepare for.  Might as well make enough for all.  Hmmm?  Nesting instinct?

As Amanda sat munching on her latest crave, she kept wondering what it was going to be like.  More to the point, WHEN was it going to be?  She was so tired of being pregnant and just wanted it over and done with.  Certainly labor can't be any worse than this interminable heavy thing weighing her done, slowing her down.  She just wanted a baby and she wanted it now!

Don was getting tired  of monsoon weather.  How can you paint masterpieces with all this rain?

Kelly was so out of it he tried doing repairs while standing in a puddle of water! 

And as for Amanda, she decided music soothes the savage soul and eases the discomfort she was constantly feeling now.  Must have been something she ate.

Or was it?!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Here I Go Again! Update 7/5 Happy 4th of July!
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »
I'd had such high hopes for Amanda to end up with Kelly early on, but Amanda and Don are rather adorable together.
Such a fun and happy little household.  Can't wait to see how the nooboo shakes things up!  Thatis, assuming Kelly's repairs while standing in a puddle don't shake things up in a whole different way!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 19 - And Baby Makes Three
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
Chapter 19 - And Baby Makes Three

Well, oh glorious and magnificent Watcher of All, have I got news for you!  If your remember, we left the gang in Selvadorada.  Amanda had been feeling kind of strange and had some pretty serious twinges in her tummy which she chalked up to bad food.  Of course, we, you and I, both knew that wasn't what was wrong.  Right?  In the middle of the night, just as they were snuggling down for a good night's sleep, Amanda knew this was it!!  Nooboo on the way and it was coming, NOW.
     Being the caring and cautious father he was, and not to mention his total parental freak out, Don managed to wangle first class emergency tickets home.  At first it was doubtful she would be allowed to travel considering her current state of affairs, but the PTB relented and before you could say, diapers, she arrived at All Health Hospital for pregnant, (and other), Sims.  Don took that moment to allow a full fledged parental freak out.

As Don carried on with his histrionics, (and they accuse us females of being hysterical in times of crises, Huh!), Amanda just watched patiently and indulgently while she met her new obstetrician who assured her it was a piece of cake.  (One has to wonder exactly what cake she was thinking of!)

Enough was enough!  Amanda took matters into her own hands, and guided by a compassionate intern, just walked straight into the future of a first time birth event.

Don, still in freak out mode, ran after her, and almost ran into her.  Undaunted, but still a bit frightened of the whole thing, Amanda ignored him and walked on in.

Attired in her new, fashionable, hospital gown, Amanda signed in at the desk, filling out the interminable paper work while her body screamed for help.  She managed to walk down the long, echoing hallway to the delivery room where she was greeted by an array of truly frightening equipment.

What on earth was all that for?  Laying herself down on the table, she was soon surrounded by massive metallic, tools and gear.  Her doctor, the one she had met outside, quickly began the procedure but.........oh no!  Something was wrong!

Her doctor managed to avoid most of the spurting bodily fluids and continued as if this was just a normal part of the day.  She tapped away at the keyboard controlling the machine and just calmly carried on.  Amanda, seeing what was coming at her, was not at all reassured.  I think, "terrified" comes to mind.

Letting out a whimper, ....ok, a scream.....Amanda was sure this was going to be even more painful than natural childbirth at home.  Even if she was to survive it, that is.

The horrors just kept coming on.  Almost as bad as being abducted by......well......you know who.....

Seemingly resigned to her fate, and seeing no way of escape, Amanda turned away and prayed that at least her noo boo would be spared.

By this time she was a bit emotionally numb as she watched the latest gadget heading her way.  She had survived so far so this couldn't be any worse, right?

WRONG!  She knew she would give her heart to her nooboo, but this was taking things a bit too literally!

Amanda resignedly bid the world good-bye, thinking she would never hold her nooboo in her arms  She offered up her heart and all her love to the unborn child and prepared to meet Grim.

The panic stricken look on her doctor's face, as she worked fast and furious to save the lives in her charge, was something to behold.

The now unconscious Amanda, was unaware as the extraction process began.

Waking up, a now smiling Amanda gazed with joy at the little bundle safely snuggled down in the bassinett next to her.  A new life has been born!

What?  Hmmm......emergency you say.....ok.......Uh...Master of All Watchers, sorry but gotta go now.  No time left......We'll continue this soon, I promise.   What?  Name?  Sex?  Gotta run!

Editor's Note:  Apologies for the lengthy amount of screen shots.  I had never watched a nooboo being born before and found the facial expressions too cute to not share.....and you should see the ones I deleted, like when both Don and Amanda took a side trip to the hospital cafeteria to have a nosh!  Also, apologies for the cliff hangar.  I promise, there won't be as many screenies.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Update - And Baby Makes Three (7/23/19)
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
Lol! I've never watched the Hospital birth that closely but now I will. Hilarious facial expressions for sure.
Can't wait to see the nooboo :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Yeah, the hospital births with the mishaps and facial expressions are pretty great!!!  Can't fault you one bit for enjoying the show  ;=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »
Thanks, @kattiq and @PeregrineTook !  Seems like I have forgotten you guys and this story but I haven't.  The truth is, I don't really have a "story", this time around, unlike you two and others.  I'm basically, and at length, just going with the flow and relearning how to play this game.  Oh sure, there is a general, two worlds, same people, what did they do differently, kind of thing, but no earth shattering, funny, or profound tale.  I am enamored of the things the characters do, and how they totally ignore what I personally want from them and somehow manage to live their own lives.  So frustrating at times!  You tell them to go somewhere and they go somewhere else, etc., and meanwhile you are taking screenies and weaving a bit of a story around what they are doing.  So what I've been doing, is playing the game, taking screenshots, and pulling it all together into chapters of their lives which takes a lot of time.  The good news is, while you've been waiting to see the adorable nooboo, I've been chronicling the next part of the story, and hoping to find my "voice" in telling the tale.  So thanks for reading and your kind words and most of all, your patience.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 20 - Welcome Donanda!
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Chapter 20 - Welcome Donanda!

She did it!  Really, oh Glorious and Magnificent Watcher of All, I was having my doubts there.  I mean, when that doctor pulled out the heart!  And all the fluids spurting everywhere.  Too gross for words.  But I digress.  His freak out successfully behind him, Don entered the birthing room and finally was able to let his anxieties go. 

Don:  You're ok?  Everything went well?

Amanda:  I'm fine, Don.  Piece of cake.  Would you like to meet your new daughter?

Don:  Daughter?  I have a daughter? 

Amanda:  Yes.  Our first little nooboo. 

Don: (stunned) I have a daughter.  A little girl.  Someone to protect.  A daughter....
What did you name her?

Amanda:  I named her Donanda Lee as we had planned.  Isn't she beautiful?

Don:  A daughter......

Amanda:  Shushushu.  It's alright little one.  Mommy has you.  That silly man with the goofy look is your daddy.   Yes, it's alright sweetheart.

Don:  A daughter.......

Amanda:  It's ok, Princess.  Just the big, wide world out there.  No need to be afraid.  It's just lights.  I know they must have looked and sounded very differently a few moments ago.  Mommy loves you so much.

Don:  A daughter.......(to himself, "How do I do this?  How do I take care of a daughter?  So much to do.  Protect.  Provide.  Love.  My little girl.....")

Donanda:  Lemme outta here!

Amanda:  Oh you are so cute.  My iddle wee noobookins.

Stunned looks and silly baby talk not withstanding, the trio finally called up a ride and made their way home.  Baby D was placed safely in her little bassinett and Don, finally over the shock of it all, finally got a chance to get a good look at his daughter.

Well, there was certainly no doubt who the father was!  It's a good thing Don is on the handsome side.  Baby D was definitely the spit and image of him.

True to his word, not to mention his heart, Kelly was the first of the "grandfathers" to take care of Baby D.  Even changing a messy diaper didn't phase him in the slightest.

It just felt so natural to hold this little bit of Simanity.  She certainly had a good appetite.  He could imagine her feasting on all the produce he grew, just for her.

Meanwhile, Amanda finally had a chance to relax and grab a bite to eat.  She was completely secure in the knowledge her baby was being well cared for.  A good thing too!

Don took this opportunity to brag about the baby, what a trooper Amanda had been, and of course, how awesome he was during the delivery, completely avoiding the freak out.  No one needed to know that part.  Right?

Kelly joined Don and Leyland while Don was doing his best telling Leyland how awesome children were.  Both men were disturbed over Leyland's obvious hatred of children and were worried about how it was all going to play out.  After all, Donanda was here to stay.

And so, oh Great and Magnificent one, we can leave them to midnight feedings, lack of sleep and a growing baby.  You've got to admit, they done good!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Update -Welcome Donanda 7/31
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Aww, Don isn't evil. He is too simple for that. I doubt he is aware of right and wrong, even ;D

Let's hope Donanda goes free of the Don-dimples and -chin. Oh, wait...it looks like you already gave him smoother cheeks at least. It's funny to see him as a mature adult for once.

Nooboos always look horrified after having entered the world. I recall taking shots of it myself way back. Good fun.

Good luck, Joria!
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Update -Welcome Donanda 7/31
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
Thanks, Nindigo.  No, Don is definitely not evil, but Leyland comes close.  He's always thinking and pulling up whims to destroy doll houses and be mean to kids, so he is definitely someone to watch out for.  At this part of the story the "boys" are only catching on to the chance he could be mean to Donanda.
   The only changes to Don I made in cas was hair style.  I really didn't like the one he sported all the time, and clothes of course.  I'm pretty old fashioned, (goes with my age I guess), so the ragged torn jeans and baggie pants/shorts are not for me.  Besides, he looks so awesome in a suit!
   I'd never seen that look on a nooboo before but I almost always had a home birth.  The last time I played, (two years ago), there were glitches with using the hospital so I never went there.  This time it was worth it!
    I've got more chapters almost ready to go so be prepared.  Donanda is adorable.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything