Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 20059 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »
Generation Mint:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Rose

Generation Yellow

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 07:16:57 PM »
Chapter 1

So a little bit about how this all got started... I was thumbing through the pages of this old book when I found a note from someone obsessed with colors and berries.
Honestly, it was a little weird at first reading all the peculiar rules this person had laid out.. until I realized the first generation's color was.. Mint.
I sat there thinking to myself if this was just a mere coincidence or something else. I continued to pour through the pages of the scribbled notes of the past..there were so many goals in mind, so many colors to achieve... All the families that would come after me would become something special, families full of completed careers, dreams and aspirations. This was not a diary of a mad man or woman, this was the key to a full life, and I want to be apart of it...So here is my story.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I enjoy life, I enjoy sunshine, I enjoy the rain. I also enjoy pulling pranks on people closest to me...and sometimes people that just plain get on my nerves, ya feel me? I also really enjoy nice things and lots of simoleons- too bad I can't "mint" my own. hehe- okay bad joke.. moving on.

I originally moved to Willow Creek in search for work after graduating top of my class with a Masters in Science.. Most places I checked before here said I was too qualified to work there but thankfully the local lab here needed some extra hands on deck. I was just happy to finally have a job that didn't require me to flip burgers (I'm a vegetarian)!

I also met some pretty nice neighbors too- unfortunately they did catch me on a bad day trying to experiment with a new lip color, definitely going back to the pink tint ASAP.
I really don't remember their names except one, his name was Jacob and man oh man was he..wow yeah he was really cute. * grabs nearest newspaper and fans self*
I think I'm really going to enjoy living here... :)

[/size][/b]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
I'm green with envy over your story.  Ok, bad joke.  I'll be watching for future edition, kattiq!  I'm sure it will all be in mint condition.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »
I'm green with envy over your story.  Ok, bad joke.  I'll be watching for future edition, kattiq!  I'm sure it will all be in mint condition.

Haha! Thanks Joria :) Ill have another story up and running soon!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »
Chapter 2

Recently I had been working my little butt off at the lab. I had gotten a few promotions so quickly it felt surreal. It seemed like no one there has ever worked with a crystal, metal or even invented anything.. EVER. I'd hate to ever act like I'm better than anyone, but lets face it folks- the scientists in this lab aren't the brightest bulbs. However, after a little while, I really began to enjoy my coworkers, and we all ended up learning a lot together.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

A few days later....

I finally had gotten a weekend off and had plans to lay by the pool and read the next chapter in one of my favorite books "The Spy Who Loved Measles" when I got a phone call.

Me: " Hello?"
Phone Caller: " Hey Mintie! It's Jacob.. Jacob Atkins? Remember me? I met you the other day at your welcome party?"
Me: "Oh Hey! Umm not to be rude or anything but how'd you get my number?"
Jacob: "Mrs. Slater down the road gave it to me! She said that uhh I should ask you out? And I thought you were really nice.. So here I am just asking you out for dinner..maybe?"

Meanwhile my stomach is doing somersaults and I start to sweat profusely...I pause for a second to gain composure.

Jacob: "Mintie you there?"
Me: *gulp* "Hey yeah sorry uhh there was a bug in my hair and stuff. But I'd love to go to dinner with you. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there!"
Jacob: "Great! Well I heard you were a vegetarian and there's this great place down in Newcrest called Lettuce Eats. And I was thinking I could pick you up around 6?"
Me:"Well I guess you know where I live, so I will see you then!"

Honestly guys, I haven't legit been on a date since High School, so this should be interesting.

Me: " And I don't understand why in the movie it just like all came crashing down on top of him and then the credits started rolling! Like what kind of ending is that?!"
Jacob: " I agree! I mean I paid good simoleons to watch the sequel to "Diamonds are for Sims" and then they ended up killing Sargent Bean anyways!"

The entire night we laughed and he is just so incredibly sweet and charming. We ended up going back to my place and just sat and talked until the sun came up

Jacob: " You know... I'm really glad Mrs. Slater is a nosy neighbor and gave me your number.'
Me: " Why is that?"
Jacob: " Because I think she was right, you really are great and I now I wanna kiss you."

And just like in the movies...sitting by the warmth of the fireplace he did just that...

Alright, I know what you're thinking.. Wow that was easy, way to go Mintie choosing the first guy you met in this new town. Blah blah blah...
But seriously, it was that easy until it wasn't...

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 2*
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:37:54 PM »
Oh, this is cute! I've looked at the Not So Berry Legacy and it intrigues me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stellybelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »
I love it! I totally ship Jacob and Mintie!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 02:10:41 PM »
@reggikko Thanks! Yeah I was really looking for something more out of the box and this seemed to be easy enough to follow with a cute twist!

@stellybelly  Sameeeeee! Most of his choices and dates I didn't even plan- he just is basically perfect for her :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Chapter 3

So remember when I said, it isn't all that easy? Well I forgot to mention I also have a jealousy streak and combine that with my adept for mischief...I get myself into trouble sometimes. Here's such an instance of when those 2 things collided.

It was a lovely Sunday morning and Jacob had asked me if I wanted to go to the Flea Market with him. I of course want to do anything and everything with that man so we walked on over to San Myshuno's market square.

We were having a wonderful time... Until I noticed someone following us and staring at Jacob... MY JACOB.
Oh no she didn't..

So I did what any protective girlfriend would do, I approached her.
Let's just say, it didn't go as planned and now I've got a bum leg for a few days.

I think initially Jacob was quite horrified, but then came to appreciate that I would go as far as literally fight for him. Though I should probably take it down a few notches.

After I calmed down and avoided getting arrested (LOL) we went down to the local park and cloud gazed for a little bit...

Jacob: "Mintie, I've been thinking.."
*Cue soft worrying music*
Me: "Look Jacob, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of went so crazy. But I can't help it. I.. I love you"
Jacob: " Mintie, I love you too. But you shouldn't of cut me off. I wanted to say it first!"
Me: "Woops, I just wanted to tell you in case you were going to break up with me.. haha"
Jacob: " First of all, that didn't even cross my mind. And second of all, I still love you- crazy and all"

The following weeks were spent going to parties (I especially loved the costume one!), more dinner dates and Jacob moved in with me (WooHoo! ;))! Oh and he also got me a kitten named Peppermint <3

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although while everything looked good on paper, there was something eating at Jacob. One night he came home frustrated...

Me: "Babe what's wrong?"
J: " You know, it just really stinks when you try to do something right and in the end your the one that gets screwed over."

He later told me that he had uncovered his boss embezzling funds into a secret off shore account when going through the books. He turned him in, but ended up also getting fired because no one likes a snitch.
I felt so awful I didn't know what else to do...So like the crazy person I am- I proposed.
I don't even know what I was thinking except that I wanted to make everything better.

He looked at me tears in his eyes and said "Min, I love you.. but I can't..not right now"

I was shocked, and just looked at him as he walked away defeated...Maybe it wasn't the right thing to do in the moment. Maybe I royally messed things up. I don't know, but one thing I do know is I won't give up.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 3*
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 04:43:10 AM »
Oh no!  How could he refuse her?  She was so sweet and they are so good together.  Really loving this one.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »
Sometimes, a relationship can be right and the timing's just wrong. It's unfortunate indeed. This is a challenge I like seeing more than playing, so I'm looking forward to see how things progress!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
Aww -- Mint just caught him at a bad moment. And getting jealous of Raj's mother probably wasn't a good move; Mintie's pretty enough to feel more secure. Not to mention being younger and a dynasty founder.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 05:05:47 PM »
@Joria I know right? I think he was just too stressed out to make a valid decision at that point!

@Deme Im glad you are enjoying the story! I liked it because it went out of the "normal" sim play I do and forced me to use crazy colors & "bad" traits that I normally wouldn't use.

@MarianT That is very true! I think she just got way ahead of herself and reacted instead of thinking first before acting.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »
Chapter 4

This week I have been really working on expanding my skill set, so much so I've started building a rocket ship! Most of my coworkers thought I was crazy to even think about possibly exploring space at some point, but hey! Seems like a *blast* to me. haha Gah I kill myself with these puns sometimes.

I also alllllmost have my element collection complete too! There's a ton of rocks around work that I go dig up on my lunch breaks. It's also gives me a free tan year around because it doesn't even snow in the city where the lab is.. (It's a top secret location so don't even ask)

I've also done pretty well honing in on my mischievous nature as well. I do most my practicing on Jacob because he's such a good sport these days. Although now he doesn't believe me sometimes because I've cried wolf way to many times practicing. So much so when I followed a weird light outside, he didn't come because...well he though I was just messing with him again.
Turned out it was in fact an alien abduction. LOL!

FYI, I came back not pregnant with an alien baby, but I did come back with a healthy appreciation for the Alien culture. I think I'll be meeting them again at some point!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So earlier when I said I wasn't pregnant with an alien baby...Life has a funny way of turning things upside down.

Turns out I'm actually pregnant with Jacob's baby! It was quite the shock, and I'm not overly sure how Jacob initially felt.. because umm his face looked quite worried

Poor guy, I'm seriously so lucky he loves me mucho because I feel like he's had to put up with a lot! haha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day we decide to head to one of our favorite parks, because fall just came and it's finally cooling down! I absolutely love all trees and just the fresh air. Jacob loves it too because sometimes I think if he could live outside...He probably would!

Me: " *Smells the air* Gosh I just love it out here, even with all the leaves falling the trees are so pretty!"
J: " Min..look at me!"
Me: " What?"

Just as I turned around I looked down and Jacob is on his knee holding this giant ring in his hands.

J: "Babe, I've known since the day we met that we were meant to love each other forever. I know we've made some mistakes in the past, but us being together will never be one. You will no doubt be the best mother to our nooboo and I know you will be the best wife ever if you agree to marry me. So...Will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"

He literally left me completely speechless for the first time ever, and with tears welling up in my eyes... I gave him my hand, and he slipped the precious ring onto my left middle finger.

Jacob: " I should have accepted your proposal first, but second time's the charm right?"

Honestly, I'm glad he didn't take my first proposal, I definitely loved his a lot better. He's so cute!

Jacob: " Mintie love, I have another surprise for you... But you have to trust me and close your eyes!"
Me: "Ummmmm Oh okay, I trust you....?!"

He takes my hand and leads me around the corner and in front of me is a little gazebo filled with some of our favorite friends.

Jacob: "Don't hate me, but I just couldn't wait any longer to marry you. So your dress is in the bathroom and the minister is on his way."
Me: "Jacob! This is literally the best surprise I don't think I could of waited another second either. I'll go get changed!"

So in front of all our friends (and most of the people already at the park) we got married in the sweetest little ceremony there ever could be.

Jacob & Min...Happily Ever After <3

anything