Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 19829 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 4*
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »
Awwww.  Could he have done it any better?  I don't think so!  Lovely mint green wedding dress.  I had to laugh at the way you brought in the rocket building thing.  I love, love, love the scientist career!  Back to the wedding.....it was lovely and so well done.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 4*
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »
@Joria I don't think he could of either! It fits their relationship quite perfectly. Very spontaneous. Haha
And I always love building rockets, so I was happy when the first requirement for a career was Scientist- its one of the more fun careers from GTW. The more I play I realize how much every requirement flows together so well. Such a simple challenge but very thought out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
Chapter 5

First of all, I would just like to say I love being pregnant. I also think I make a pretty cute pregnant lady. Or that's what Jacob says anyways.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

One night while we were watching tv the channel randomly changed to the kid's station

J:"  You know... we should probably just get used to having this on all the time."
Me: " Or we could just shut it off and enjoy the silence for a little while longer. Because before we know it there will be no sleep, and no quiet."
J: " Ahh you'll forever be the the one that brings me into reality... haha"
Me: "And I haven't had silence for awhile, you have NO idea what extra noises start to happen while you're growing a baby." *wink *wink*
J: " I would say TMI, but it's you and there's no use. I still have flashbacks of those noxious fumes you pranked me with the other day."

I'm also glad that when I reached my 3rd trimester it was a nice a cold winter. Definitely helped with the swollen ankles!
Here we are doing one of my favorite winter activities.

We also put together our first Christmas tree together since we got married. I wanted a red and green theme, but Jacob wanted yellow and blue.. So we compromised and did red & yellow. I didn't mind so much because the tree after all was green too.

I loved that tree so much I put my favorite reading chair next to it. Just so I could enjoy the lovely pine scent and also learn more about the art of mischief.

Then all of a sudden I felt some pangs and realized it was time! It was finally time to have my nooboo!
I decided awhile ago that I wanted to have my children at home, I just felt like we would all be closer that way.

And after an hour or two (Thank goodness!!!) our wonderful bundle of joy joined the world.

Meet Rosalie Berry.

Jacob was also quite fond of our newest bundle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days and nights flew by as Miss Rosalie grew fast and before we knew it, we had a toddler on our hands!

I'm pretty sure she will give us a run for our Simoleons...but I think it'll still be worth it! She is quite the fireball and has already gotten a little attitude all her own.

But when the Princess is asleep, all is well in the world.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 10:34:47 AM »
Chapter 6

Hey guys! So I figured I would take the time to tell you how things are going at work...

First of all, my SimRay a.k.a. Daisy is seriously my FAVORITE invention I've made so far.
Definitely helps me achieve all my mischievous scientific thoughts without much consequence

I also invented some wormhole generator, so far I've only been able to contact some Aliens to visit the lab. (note the frozen Alien in the above pic)

Okay and one more thing... I got promoted to "Pioneer of New Technologies" I don't entirely understand why the title is so long...but my new uniform is so cool! Most of the time people ask me if it's a bionic arm, I just go with it most of the time. Only 2 more promotions to go before I'm the big boss!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

Jacob knocked me....
*uhh* we are pregnant again! And again Jacob is absolutely thriiiiilllled *eye roll*

But at least we now have a boy in the family! He's literally the spitting image of Jacob.

Meanwhile baby girl Rosalie had her birthday.
Isn't she perfect??

She's also turning out to be quite the character. But at least she's helpful!

We've also been trying to expand her knowledge base and help her learn more social skills.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She's even smart enough now to not believe all my conspiracy theories. And has learned from her father to just grin and nod when I start up the crazy talk.

Pretty soon I will have to explain to her that there are certain rules she is going to have to follow. I'm sort of nervous because she's such a free spirit, but I'm really hoping it'll go over well when she reaches the next phase of life.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 6*
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 02:36:09 PM »
I just got to binge read the first six chapters, and I love it!  Minty is such a fun sim.  Was Jacob randomly generated by your game?  He seems so perfect.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 6*
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
@BallerinaHippo  She really is! And yes, he literally was the first male sim she had met in game. It was like the game knew what she needed! Kinda crazy. haha

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 7*
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 10:33:29 PM »
Chapter 7

You know...I thought about it long and hard. The rules for this next generation seem so calloused and unfair. Why does my daughter have to break so many hearts? Is that why she's beautiful and her favorite color is the color of a blood red rose, the color of broke hearts?
The more I see her personality shape and shift, it does become apparent that she will move mountains, regardless of her social life. She will be blessed with a silver tongue that will change lives for the better. We may not always get along as we once did and it may hurt me to see her hurting, but at least I'll know she will do some good in this world. I'm not ready for her to grow up..not at all.

Unfortunately the time had come for Rosalie to bloom into her teenage years *you see what I did there? bloom.. silly me*
She had always wanted a cake made of honey, so I did my best to create it for her.

And boy did she bloom. Her father and I will have a hard time keeping her under wraps I can already tell.

As you can see my daughter still maintained her sassy attitude, she also managed to get her nose pierced without getting permission.. Oh boy.

Ros: "Mom you'll never guess who I saw at the store today!"
Me: " Hmm, the Easter bunny? *please tell me it was the EB*"
Ros: " Ew mom no, I met Preston Prego, remember him? He lives down the street with his sister? He's gotten a lot better looking in the recent years..."
Me: " Oh right, yes... Isn't he a bit old for you?"
Ros: " Mooooooommmm, he's just a Young Adult! Besides it can't hurt to look right?"
Me: " Sure, but don't get yourself into trouble."
Ros: " Fine, whatever you say. *eye roll*"

Honestly, I really hope she doesn't do anything stupid- but one could hope their children make the right decisions. I guess we shall see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, we had some bad news. My sweet precious peppermint took her last kitty breath on the porch today. The thunderstorm set the mood for the sad event. I'm going to miss her so much. She was after all one of the first gifts Jacob ever gave me in our younger years.

Things like this make me think how crazy how life flies by so fast sometimes. Jacob is reaching up into his elder years and I'm about halfway there myself. But I will have to say this life I chose (or rather it chose me) has been one wild ride. I'm so proud of myself for accomplishing so much.

I'm also proud to officially call myself THE "Extraterrestrial Explorer"! This career has by far exceeded my expectations. I've loved every single minute of it.
I also now get to wear all black- helps hide the old lady lumps now days.

I'm almost done with my element collection too! Just need one more to complete the entire set. I do most of my digging now at work, since I am the boss after all! Who cares how many co-workers I mind control to sleep, eat, or clean anyways?
However, I did find this pretty weird thing as I was digging. Naturally the first thing I do is stick my hand into it.

Turned out to be an old Alien head or something? Weird, but it'll definitely go on the shelf in my office.

Since being the Extraterrestrial Explorer I also finally was able to jump through the wormhole and found myself legit in the middle of a cool Alien party!
Let's just say... it was quite the experience

But when I eventually reached home, I knew I was just avoiding the inevitable. I think it's time to have a talk with Rosalie about her future.

Me: " Rosalie, hun.. put on some clothes and meet me outside on the bench."
Ros: " Wha? Why mom? Why the bench OUTSIDE? It's a massive storm out there!"
Me: " Just do it, I have something important to tell you."

So we both changed out of our pjs and met outside...

Ros: " Okay seriously mom, what is this all about? You're making me nervous! Are you sick, is dad sick?
Me: " No, no, no one is sick. There's just something I really need to talk to you about. Something that will change your life"
Ros: " What do you mean mom?"

I went on to explain the book and how it chose me and my family to continue forward with life in a different way. I told her the requirements she needed to fulfill to continue...

Ros: " So you're telling me I have to live my life this way??"
Me: " You don't HAVE too, it's already happening.. all around you. The Rose generation is already taking place."
Ros: " But mom.. you're telling me that I HAVE to be a serial romantic? I HAVE to leave someone at the altar? I can ONLY have one child???"
Me: " Hun, I know it's a lot... and in time I promise it will all make sense. There's a reason behind all this, please just trust me on this. This will lead you to a life you could of never imagined! "
Ros: " I don't...I don't know if I can mom. This is just all too much and DEFINITELY NOT the life I had imagined. You know how I don't like people to dictate my life. This is just all too crazy."

With that she got up, opened the door and ran upstairs.

I feel terrible, maybe agreeing to all this so long ago was a mistake? Maybe I was being selfish since my requirements seemed so good? Sure, I had to ruffle a few feathers, and deal with a lot of jealous pangs... But other than that it had been great, why did this have to be so hard?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 06:23:53 PM »
Just got caught up.  Rosalee is/was an adorable nooboo, cute/smart little girl, and beautiful Sim.  You had your hands full with her!  Sad news was peppermint.  That I didn't expect and got really bummed out.  So glad I haven't done anything with pets.  I couldn't handle their deaths.  Love animals, especially cats, too much.  (Not too fond of the "trophies" my cat brings me, especially when they are alive and we have to catch and remove them!  Of course, dead ones are no fun either!)  Loving this story. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 09:50:35 PM »
Thanks @Joria ! I felt like her childhood seriously went by so fast (mainly trying to hurry up with Mintie's requirements!)
Yeah..very sad about pepper, I almost gave her an ambrosia treat just to extend her life longer but I think I have some other plans for some pets down the road.
And I'm very glad my RL cat does not bring me "trophies", although he does not go outside except onto the screened in porch. He's really good at keeping any bugs he finds from living too long though- I'm really thankful for that skill. haha!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 8*
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »
Chapter 8

Hi all! Just wanted to give you a quick update. As of today, Generation Mint is complete!

The first thing I completed of course was my Mischief Aspiration & Skill.
I'm sure Jacob and all my children are overjoyed they no longer have to deal with my antics (well for practice anyways ;))

I also made it to the top career position at SimLabs (which I know I talked about last chapter but here's me again for kicks!)

I also FINALLLLY finished my logic skill as well. Now I can argue with logic and win!

And lastly, here I am with my completed Elemental set. I think this was the most annoying out of all of them!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did have quite the scare in the past few days. I was upstairs cleaning off my element rack when I heard Ros scream from down stairs.
I rush down there and Jacob is on fire!

I honestly did not know what to do either and I panicked for a moment until I saw Jacob extinguishing himself with a fire extinguisher that poofed into his hands at the right moment. Crazy right?
Thankfully, aside from a few burns and needing a bath he was alright.

After that near death experience, he's been quite the charmer too and wanted to renew our vows at the Romance Festival.

After all that it was time for Rosalie to turn into a full fledged Young Adult.

Speaking of her, I think she is finally coming around to this entire generation requirement thing. Shes not so keen on the entire leaving her future husband at the altar idea(it’s a part of her generation requirement :( ), but she has been working on her Charisma skill.

Anyways, it's so crazy to think that my life has flew by so quickly. That I have fulfilled all the requirements in the letter I read so long ago. I know my personal story line has come to an close, but that doesn't mean you wont see me in the stories any longer (I haven't kicked the bucket yet anyways!)
Ros maybe a little difficult, but I know deep down, her heart is good. She will make things right eventually and you will enjoy reading about her journey as much as you have mine! Long Live the Berrys
-Love Mintie

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Why does Rose have to leave her husband at the altar?  Is the house too full?  Loved that shot of the kiss at the Romance Festival.  I never can get that kind of angle.  Fireplaces are the bane of my life!  I don't care how you update them they seem to always catch someone or something on fire.  Good thing he had an extinguisher handy.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Thank you! I love getting good screenshots.
And It’s a part of her generation requirement. I’ve never personally done it in my gameplay so it should be interesting to figure out how to do it!  I just added in that clarification to the post. So I’m glad you asked!
And I love fireplaces but yes, they do seem to always catch fire. Haha

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 9* 6/11
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 05:09:05 PM »
Chapter 9

So... even though you have read about me in my mother's musings, I assure you I will more than likely lead a little more of an interesting life. You could go as far to say I am rather spoiled, and maybe I am, but blame my mother. She gave me anything and everything I asked for, which may have contributed to my snobbish demeanor. I will never be happy single, because lets face it I'm also sort of a romantic as well. However, my hot-headed nature always seems to peak itself into my relationships causing them to ruin. (refer to the 2nd post in this thread for more detailed Gen. Rose requirements)
I know prior to this it seemed that possibly the generation would end with my mother, but I have completely changed my mind due to some recent life events. I no longer care for the white picket fence, having 2 or 3 kids and settling down with the man of my dreams...so without further ado here's how this all came to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that guy awhile back that I thought was cute...and my mom basically told me he was too old for me?

Well what she didn't know is, Preston and I had been dating since I was a teenager.

I'm honestly surprised that they never found out, although I wasn't far in age from him so I knew by the time I turned YA things would probably be more serious.
I really did not care that he had a mean streak, it paired perfectly with my hot-head trait anyways. Sure we were quite the pair when both of us were fired up. But that just gave our relationship more spark.

Once I was the appropriate age we were able to finally bring our relationship to light and surprisingly my parents weren't completely against it.
Then one breezy summer night Preston popped the question

I was thrilled because I was determined to rebel and not conform to the rules.

We decided to get married the next day rain or shine- and of course it ended up a thunderstorm. I couldn't help but let a sliver of doubt enter my head because of it.

That day everything seemed to go wrong, the venue forgot to move things around to have a wedding inside, so we had to settle on doing it under the patio outside (what's a little rain water going to do right?) The caterer never showed up, so we had to get the bartender to just serve people pita and hummus. And also Preston just seemed to be entirely too angry for such a happy occasion.
Still, the show must go on! (I just had to keep telling myself to keep me from going off the rails too)

So finally the ceremony begins...

I looked at him and he did not look happy. I did not even feel happy. I don't know how all this happened...Whether or not it was circumstantial or the cause of some mysterious power. But inside I felt this compelling sense to call everything off.
I knew we both had our faults, but I also knew that deep down he wasn't the one for me. I was just doing all this to prove my mom and that silly note wrong. This entire thing I created was just because I am stubborn and didn't want to bend to the will of whatever/whoever made these rules.

So I did it, I looked at him and told him everything.

And he got so angry he dropped to the floor. I freaked out..And the rest was a blur.

I remember the Grim Reaper coming and trying to take him, I pleaded with him and it worked.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I told him I was sorry and he just continued on being angry and dropped again.
This time there was no hope, the GR told me I only could plead once and that was it.

I want to live my life to the fullest and make up for past wrongs. I saw how my mother did it, and I want that too.
So here I go, hang tight, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

-Ros

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note:
So sorry this is super depressing, but these events were totally spontaneous in my game. Preston really did die twice after Ros told him she was calling off the wedding (I had totally forgot about extreme emotions killing sims).
I also wanted some compelling factors to evolve around Ros to get her to the place where she wanted to participate in the generation, and not just the same old boring story line.
Let me know what you think!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »
Wow!  How to put a damper on your own wedding, tick the guy off till he dies.  Wow.  She's gorgeous and should find a good spouse to suit her needs.  Too bad her own bad temper led her down this rocky path.  Unfortunately, in rl it happens too often.  I like how you brought this all about.  Looking forward to her shenanigans.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:05 PM »
@Joria I know right? And I’m glad you liked it, i was a bit nervous to post because it wasn’t a super positive update. But I also thought it would be very interesting- especially due to the fact I didn’t make anything happen except clicked to call off the wedding (had to get them in bad moods first though). I just got done decorating her house so I’m looking forward to playing her story!

anything