Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 19836 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Thanks Ladies!

@Joria I think I've done the Astronaut career one time before- it's supposedly one of the best paid jobs too!

@PeregrineTook Yeah I think they just didn't understand each other very well- and I think Rose struggled with being a parent in the first place. And I thought about a quaint cabin, but she needed room to place and also since she grew up in a cooped up apartment she went a little more spacious to house all her cats and rocketship. ;) Plus I found this house on the gallery specifically for the Yellow Gen and I couldn't pass it up! I think it's my favorite house so far.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
I'm sorry to see Rose go, but excited about Sunny's generation.  I like how independent Sunny is.  And two cats!  Yay for more pets!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
@BallerinaHippo Definitely! I'm excited about this generation it's turning out so well & I just keep wanting to play. I'll get back to my shipwreck fam at some point though. Haha!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 18

So I branched out today into town and went to the local City Hall/ Library. I was really wanting to find a good book to read during the hot summer days. As I was pursuing the shelves I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Librarian: " Hi, Miss? Do you need help finding something?"
Me: " Oh, Hi- Umm I was just looking for a new book to read"
Librarian: " Well may I suggest a few of my personal favorites? My name is Bentley, I'm the Librarian here."
Me: "Sure.. Uhh Thanks"

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

So he went over some of his favorite books like "Aliens Don't Need Sunglasses" and "Heroes of SimCity: Candid Portraits and Tales"
He was pretty cute, but I was too shy to really say anything. Maybe I'll just come to the Library a little more often... He then spoke up again and snapped me out of my thoughts.

Bentley: " So there's a great flea market on Saturdays that sometimes sells some really cool books- can I get your number to uhh call you later about it?"

It's like he read my mind and made it super easy for me to spend some more time with him. So on Saturday we ended up meeting up at the Flea Market- not my typical way to spend a Saturday with a bunch of people, but I'll do it for him.

Over the weeks that followed we ended up spending more and more time together. We've gotten to know each other quite well and became best of friends. It's nice to have someone close around- especially in a new town. He also makes me branch out and do things that I normally don't do- like karaoke.

Then one night he asked me on a date. I can't say I'm surprised because my feelings for him other than a friend have been growing, I was quite nervous. Somehow though he always knows how to make me feel calm and we ended up having a really good time, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and turned out he quite the dancer. :)

He's just the right amount of sweet without being overbearing. Most days spent together involve reading, swimming/kissing and having some summer BBQs with my father- speaking of him, he also really loves Bentley too.

When I'm not spending time with him ( I know crazy right? But I still get some alone time to recharge) I'm still training to be an Astronaut and today I finally get to go into space for the first time!

The journey was exciting, I saw a few asteroid fields and some cool looking planets. I'm hoping now that I'm completely trained I can take a few trips on my own.

I also took a walk around downtown and found a weird curio shop that sold a bunch of random things. I ended up getting a cool looking lava lamp.

When I got home I spent more time upgrading my rocket, and a few things around the house. Life is a lot better than I could of ever imagined- and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 18* 7/15
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
Bentley and Sunny are cute together.  He's even a blonde!  I've always found that the library is a great place for my sims to meet people, and the librarians usually have good traits.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 18* 7/15
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
Bentley is quite the find.  Yes, the library is definitely the way to go to find an awesome spouse!  Their "bad" traits are usually something like "neat", nothing really bad at all, although I did find one that was evil.  I love Sunny's cat!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 19* 7/25
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 09:18:43 PM »
@BallerinaHippo @Joria Yes! He only needed a tad bit of a CAS hair/clothing re-do (didn't change the hair color though!) and he shaped up to be quite handsome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19

I think Harvestfest is my absolute favorite holiday. Aside from the creepy gnomes that leave random seeds around the house & get angry when they don't like the pie you give them...I still enjoyed cooking dinner for Bentley and Dad.

Little did I know as I was cleaning the dishes, Bentley was up to something.

Bentley: " Hey so as you know, your daughter and I have become pretty serious and I love her dearly...So I was wondering if I had your permission to ask her to marry me?"
Maddox: " Of course! You are the son I never had and I would gladly welcome you into our little family. I think you two are perfect together."

So later that night we took a little walk across the plateau behind my house...

Bentley: " Sunny, if someone had told me I would of met the love of my life at the library- I would of called them crazy.
I've never known a love like this and I want you to be with me forever. Would you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"
Me: " Bentley... wow umm I didn't see this coming! So that's why you and dad were being secretive the other day..."
Bentley: " Well yes.. uhh soo do you want too?"
Me: " Oh, yes yes YES!!! sorry, you know I think too much sometimes."

Unfortunately that night my dad passed away, so we planned to elope the next morning- anything more than that would just feel weird and wrong. So we both called into work the next day and decided to have a little ceremony just the both of us (+ the cats) in front of the place we met.

Then we went to the park to decompress the day and view the beautiful landscape- well sorta.

Later that night, we decided to have some fun in a way I had always wanted to try. Rocket Woohoo!

The next morning I felt sick to my stomach, I tried to work through it but I "simoogled" my symptoms and turns out I might be pregnant already!
I took a test and it was positive, I'm sorta scared about it- but Bentley was overjoyed.

I know as long as Bentley is by my side there's nothing we can't do together- and that includes raising a child. I'm really hoping he or she loves him dearly because I still need my alone time!

Anyways I'm starting to feel sick again- so enjoy these pictures we took during my 2nd trimester while I go throw my guts up again.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Aww, the next color] generation is on its way!!  And Bentley is such a nice fit as her sweet-but-not-overbearing hubby.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 20* 7/29
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »
@PeregrineTook Yes! Super exciting :D Bentley is my favorite spouse so far <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

Gosh, this pregnancy is exhausting. I usually get home before Bentley does- so naps are definitely in session every afternoon. From what I hear, I better soak up the sleep while I can!

Over the last few months we have been working on the nursery, it turned out perfectly!

Even with all the hustle and bustle of the impending baby, I still found some time to upgrade a few things around the house as well. It wasn't easy to bend down with a big belly, but I made it!

One night, I was woken up by a ferocious kick and intense pain- it was time! I had to shake Bentley awake because he didn't even hear me get up. 

We rushed to the hospital, checked in, and now on our way to meet our bundle of joy!

Labor was long, but towards the end I still was able to have somewhat of a smile on my face.

After 12 hours, our baby boy Asher Berry was born.

Like I had hoped, he is completely enamored with his father.

Soon it was time for him to grow into a bouncy toddler, he's already giving us all a run for our money!

He's definitely a wild one and keeps us on our toes, but he loves big and has the sweetest little soul.

Undies are the "clothing" of choice for these two. Like father, like son! I quit trying to dress him most of the time at home because I end up finding his clothes all around the house.

And when he finally goes to bed at night, we still enjoy watching some of our favorite TV shows together to keep our sanity.

In the end, it's definitely been a challenge but we both love our boy and wouldn't have it any other way!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Notes:

Asher's room literally turned out so cute, and I'm quite happy with it. I also just really figured out how to use pose player- and I loveeee it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
Welcome Asher!  Are the "colors" something you choose or are they randomly or deliberately part of the rules?  it's been really interesting, from Mint on.  Can hardly wait to see what Asher does.  I love the nursery!  Would love to learn how to pose my Sims but I think it's a skill beyond me at the moment, I still can't figure out how to do multiple screenshots in one or how to capture the pictures of achievements or rewards that show up on the screen.  So I guess I'll just have to love and enjoy all of yours!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
Cute nursery.  I really like the wallpaper and that rocking chair.  And cute toddler, of course.  Asher is the perfect name.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
@Joria Each generation is assigned a color theme along with traits and things you have to complete before you can start on the next generation. It's a pretty relaxed challenge with not a ton of rules to keep track of- so I really enjoy it (I tend to forget some of the rules if there's a lot and mess up)! And the pose player I literally had to look up a youtube video to figure it all out. Haha And the multiple screenshots in one I just used good ole' windows paint app.

@BallerinaHippo  Thanks!! CC of course :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

I think it's safe to say that Bentley is indeed Asher's favorite person in this family.
Asher loves to play with his father and have me read books with him on the couch.

My sweet Jax also enjoys being in Asher's company- mostly when he's sleeping soundly though.

On my days off from the Sim Space Academy I've been working vigorously on my fitness. And I finally lost all my baby weight!

Soon it was time for Asher to grow up a little bit more.

He grew into a fun-loving child who thoroughly enjoys playing basketball or really anything outside. It's been good for Bentley and I- we spend a lot more time outside these days now. Between him playing bball and me enjoying some quiet time in the pool- we all have a summer tan all year round!

Most of the time I have to force Asher to come inside and do his homework- I'm glad we spent time when he was a toddler on some minor academics so most of his homework is a breeze.

One day he came up to me and asked me if he could have a little brother or sister. I honestly thought he would be the only child...But he's so cute I couldn't just say no.

Asher: "Mom?"
Me: " Yes hun?"
Asher: " Do you think maybe one day we could have a new brother or sister for me? I really want to show them my basketball moves and teach them about stuff. I mean you and dad are great- but you know."
Me: *gulp* "Well let me talk to you father about it and we will see. It's a big responsibility, but I know you'd be an excellent big brother."

So Bentley and I got to work, and we became pregnant again shortly after! I am sort of hoping for a girl this time.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »
Another pregnancy!  How exciting.  Will this new baby have it's own color as well?  What are the rules for multiple children?  Will this baby be a possible heir?  Looking forward to Asher's growing up.  It seems like he is a fun child to play although so far Sunny is my favorite along with Bentley.  I love their home and the colors she chose.
I admit I would have a hard time designing for a grey/ashen theme and you did a great job on the nursery.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2019, 01:50:34 PM »
A sibling, yay!  I like all the gray and yellow in this house.  It goes well together. 

This challenge looks interesting.  I may have to check it out (someday, when I finish everything else I've started!)