Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 19839 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 9* 6/11
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
I had the same reaction as Joria, which was "Wow!"  I expected her to call off the wedding (it's in her requirements and all) but I did not expect the grim reaper!  Poor Ros! 

It does give her a really great backstory, though.  Personally, I think the fact that she successfully pleaded with the grim reaper the first time absolves her of all guilt.  I hope in time that she can see it that way. 

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 9* 6/11
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
@BallerinaHippo
I know! She definitely had a rough start, but shes a tough cookie! I'm glad that you liked the backstory too, sometimes I think I get too deep trying to be different. I really do like the idea of her pleading absolving her of guilt, I think she feels the same way- like at least she did try to make it right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 10* 6/14
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2019, 12:15:16 AM »
Chapter 10

Hmmmmm where to even begin?  I guess I'll start off by telling you about the speech I gave earlier today. It was quite the "political" one.
I decided early on that I was going to support the "Foundation for Less Mischief" (Can you ever imagine why? ;) Thanks mom)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Me: " And that is why my fellow Simmers we need to stand up for less Mischief! For the good of all our families out there I put forth the idea that there should be no more noxious fumes, no more hand buzzers, and no more fake invites!"

I felt good after that, I was shaking tremendously...but the crowd seemed to respond quite well. I quite like this career so far, I've met a lot of great people and I get to talk about things I care about.

I also adopted a sweet little pup, and named her Ruby

As for my love life, it was rather crazy. Between my job and dating, I rarely had time for anything else!

The first stage of the serial romance aspiration was rather easy. I hit quite the snag on the second set... I had to kiss 10 sims! Jealousy was really getting to be an issue here...
I'm not partial to vampires, but Caleb was nice.

And so was Barrett...I think he was married though (It was slim pickin's, don't judge me okay!!)

And I also met this really cute guy at the gym, his name was Maddox. Man, look at that hunk
*googly eyes*

I also met up with cupid and stole his bow and arrows to help me on this mission...- JUST KIDDING, I really just learned how to beguile the boys into being flirtatious it really helps a lot!

I also figured it was time to move out on my own. And in doing so I was able to max out my Charisma with the help of some lovely lot traits. Here's a pic of the downstairs of my new apartment in downtown San Myshuno.

And I'm sure you are all wondering how I REALLY am doing...And to be honest, life was rough for a little while, especially after my entire wedding day ended in sadness. Mom and dad have been a great support system after all that. I don't know what I would have done without their help.

I know they both are getting older, and I'm scared of a future without them one day- so for now I will enjoy the time we all have left together.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2019, 01:10:57 PM »
Ruby reminds me of the puppy version of Clifford, the Big Red Dog.  Am I dating myself?  Do kids still read those books?  Anyway, she's very cute.  I really should adopt pets for my sims more often.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »
@BallerinaHippo Gosh now I wished I would of named her that and made her all red!
And honestly I have no idea if kids still read those books, I think I did growing up though. And I usually always adopt pets in every household (I'm obviously a RL pet lover, lol), I wished there were more pet options though like how we had horses in S3.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2019, 10:02:30 PM »
I agree about horses and cows and chickens!  I loved that about Sims3.  Now, as for your fabulous story, I'm loving it more and more.  I think the puppy is absolutely adorable and just the right colors.  I love the way Ros is coming around and isn't all mean and angry.  Nice that she's concerned about her family and having time with them.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 12:35:52 AM »
@BallerinaHippo Gosh now I wished I would of named her that and made her all red!
And honestly I have no idea if kids still read those books, I think I did growing up though. And I usually always adopt pets in every household (I'm obviously a RL pet lover, lol), I wished there were more pet options though like how we had horses in S3.
Nah, the white and red is perfect!  She's like a female version of Clifford.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »
Now cows and chickens would be great!! There's actually a chicken coop mod and like some skins you can put on dogs- but I want the real thing!
And I'm glad you are enjoying it @Joria I try to make it interesting- the short clips the authors of the challenge give us about the overall personality of the sim really helps create some character depth for sure. Although Ros is a little different from what they described but I like how she is turning out!

@BallerinaHippo Thanks! Maybe I should of made her a Great Dane instead of a Cocker Spaniel.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 11* 6/17
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »
Chapter 11

I finally made it to the last leg of my serial romantic aspiration! It's been kind of fun meeting new people and learning how to be with different personalities. Honestly, after the last task of kissing 10 different sims- I thought the rough part was over. Turns out now I had to have eight different boyfriends... EIGHT! And here I thought jealousy was really rough just having to kiss them.

Needless to say I hit up 8 of the 10 and it worked pretty well in my favor. Here's a few of the lucky souls.

Remember that hunk I was talking about last chapter though? Yeah...he's thankfully still around and I think I'm actually really falling for him.

He is so sweet and takes me out like a real gentleman should. He even wore a suit of my favorite color on one of our dates. So sweet!

After dinner we decide to take a quick dip in the pool nearby- what we didn't realize was it definitely was NOT heated. ha!

Me: " Oh my gosh, it's SO COLD!!!"
Maddox: " Woops sorry babe, let's get out really fast! I know a quick way to warm up."
Me: " Yeah? How's that??"

When we got out he grabbed me and gave me a big smooch- Let's just say, we both warmed up pretty quickly!

I really wanted him to be my last boyfriend-forever. But before I do anything official, I wanted to do him right and be completely committed to him.

He was going to be the one I completed my aspiration with. Number eight.

I decided it was time to cut all ties.

So, the next day I called all seven of them to meet up with me at the local karaoke club. I felt bad to break so many hearts at once, but I had to do it.

(I think they were all confused as to why I was in the back looking quite pitiful)

But I did it, I broke up with them one by one. Some were okay- others were not. But at the end of the day I was officially single.

Later that night I called Maddox to see if he wanted to come over for dinner. He told me that his dad was over and asked if he could come along too. At first I was a little nervous but I figured I would have to meet him sooner or later.

Turns out his dad is Don Lothario, now it makes sense as to where Maddox got his good looks!

Don was really sweet, just like his son. We had a great night and it was obvious that they had a close relationship. And I know I keep talking about how good Maddox looks, but I also really do love his personality too. There's just something about a guy that cares a lot for his family, you know?

Unfortunately a few days later Don passed away in his sleep. Maddox was a complete wreck for awhile and I was glad I was able to be there for support. In a way it helped us grow stronger together and eventually he moved in and we were officially together.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
You're really moving along nicely and doing a good job of giving your Sims different voices. That Maddox is a cutie!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »
@reggikko Thank you! I'm glad you can see the differences- I try to change things up but sometimes forget to add in extra personality when trying to catch up on the stories. But in this case, I had to write the story twice because I accidentally clicked exit on the browser. Haha (I should write it up on a word doc but meh)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 12* 6/18
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »
Chapter 12

I'd like to think that most girls have a special bond with their fathers...

Always there when I needed him with a big hug and a smile.

And you never realize how much you'll miss someone... Until they are gone.

Mom especially had a rough time, he was after all the love of her life.
I'm really glad we could go through this together at least.

Maddox was also a big support for me through it all. Even when I went through a phase of falling asleep every time he came over. Hehe

Through the weeks that followed mom and I grew a lot closer and she ended up moving in with me, which was good because there was something special coming our way.

Me: " Mom, I have some important news to tell you!"
Mintie: " Well out with it! What's the big news?!"
Me: " Maddox and I are going to have a nooboo!!"

Mom also wanted to make sure she was around for awhile to meet the new bundle of joy whenever he/she would arrive, so she used the last bit of her aspiration points to buy her a little extra time. You have no idea how good I feel knowing she will be around for awhile longer.

Also as soon as Maddox came over after work I told him the news too. I think he's rather happy about it!

I think he is going to be a rather good daddy too!

He also ended up moving in too, might as well have another pair of hands to help me around the house- after all I'm bound to be a potential whale soon.

In other news....

I also have been making great strides as a local politician. I think I went a little overboard there for awhile after dad's death, but it definitely helped me keep moving forward! Most everyone I've spoken too has agreed to vote for me! I've got 3 more promotions till I'm at the top of the food chain!

I went a little crazy and bought an old garage door to practice painting my political mural as well.

Anyways, mom is making us all some dinner so I better get off here!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 09:22:09 PM »
Well of course Maddox is gorgeous!  Look his Dad was.  I think she picked a winner in him.  No way I'd want to do the serial romantic thing.  Too much work, too many broken hearts.
I love the way this is all coming together.  They should have a fantastic nooboo together.  So sorry on the deaths though.  At least she may last long enough to hold her grandchild.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 10:49:55 AM »
@Joria So true! It’s cool how in everyone’s game the original sims have completely different families and offspring. And yeah I’m not a fan of that aspiration but without this challenge I probably would have never done it! So at least now I can say I did it once and got it over with. Although most of those boys still call her wanting them to go to parties with her. Lol!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 13* 6/25
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »
Chapter 13

Weweee, it's been quite the adventure! First off, pregnancy was AWFUL- though Maddox looks cute in this pic at least.

Second of all, welcome Sunny Berry!

She came out a bit of a shade different than Maddox and I, but the doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about. (Yes, Maddox is the father, a very sweet one too!)

Mom especially took on a big role in Sunny's life. She was definitely a much better at the whole mom thing than I am- so I'm totally fine with her taking the reigns on this one! Don't get me wrong, I love Sunny- but I want her to be raised right.

Maddox and I also got a chance to go on a date night. It was nice to go out and feel like adults again.
We ate dinner at a nice restaurant and then took a little stroll along the river bank and then...

*Maddox stops and gets on one knee*
Maddox: " Ros, I know that we can't actually get married for awhile- but I want you to know I'm serious about loving you, and only you. So I got you a ring."

He's relatively romantic, but words aren't necessarily his strong suit if you can't tell. But he sure does know how to pick a pretty flower at least. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon it was time for our little bundle to grow into a toddler, I let mom do the honors. I think I am just a little sad the baby phase is already over...

She is quite hard headed, and we can always count on finding some messes around the house. I think mom understands now why we just hired a maid.

Sunny also enjoys being outside, staring at the sky and playing in her kiddie pool. Not really sure why- but at least there is somethings she enjoys.

I really hope we are raising her right... It takes a village right? I feel like maybe my daughter loves my mom more than me, but maybe that's just how it is since I'm working a lot still?  I just hope she does know I love her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

So I have no idea why she had a much darker skin tone as a baby and then it corrected itself as a toddler- I tried with and without CC so not sure what the glitch was!
Also, one of the generation rules was for Sunny to only have a close relationship to Mintie (until she passes) and no one else- so that's also why I elected for her to stay around a little longer!

anything