Author Topic: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: Away from Home (Oct 29)  (Read 16608 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: The Move (July 7)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 09:32:35 AM »
Such an interesting tale!  Question, how do you get the kids to use the trees for their mobility skills?  I know it's cc but who and where?  (Like I really need more cc in my games.  Sigh.)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: The Move (July 7)
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 01:25:49 PM »
Awesome! Congrats on making it to Low Tech (aren't you glad No Tech is over? haha)
Can't wait to see how this tribe evolves :)
Thanks!  No Tech is no joke, that's for sure.  And I didn't even have twins!

Really enjoying how the narrative is fitting this whole idea of the world getting bigger.  Well written, but with you, that's not surprising  ;=)
Thanks for making me smile.   :)   I hope you continue to enjoy this little tribe .

Such an interesting tale!  Question, how do you get the kids to use the trees for their mobility skills?  I know it's cc but who and where?  (Like I really need more cc in my games.  Sigh.)
I sent you a PM with the link.  Those trees are awesome.  One of these days I'll clean out my cc, (ha!) but a few things will stay, including the monkey bar trees.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: The Journey (July 9)
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »
The Journey

We arrive in Granite Falls on a cold, wet day in Spring.  Lee seems a little disappointed by the weather.  I think she was hoping her homeland would make a better first impression.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The weather clears by the next morning and the main purpose of our visit is soon completed.  After brief negotiations, the match between Snow and Lee is pronounced acceptable to both sides.  Lee’s people are very willing, I would even say eager, to allow her to marry into our tribe.  I silently wonder whether they are impressed that Snow is the son of a Chief. 

We are invited to stay as long as we like and to fish and gather as many wild plants and insects as we can carry. 

Hu and Tally enjoy fishing.  There are varieties of fish in the lakes and streams here that Hu has never seen.

Snow and I collect insects.  The locals tell us insects are used in various herbal remedies and the beetles are edible.

I also harvest all the plants that I can.  I am hoping to add some new varieties to my garden.

Lee tells me that if we stay until Summer, there will be even more plants to harvest.  However, something happens that makes us wish to return home earlier than planned.  One night as I eat a dinner of grilled fruit, the spirits send me a sign.

I find Hu and give him the good news.  He is understandably surprised, but excited.  Given this unexpected turn of events, we arrange to return home as soon as possible. 

Hu jokes that traveling with a pregnant woman causes his hair to turn gray.

I should be an elder now, too, but my body is still young.  I remember my mother telling me that the more children a woman has, the longer she will stay youthful.  I have heard legends about women trying to have 100 babies, but I don’t know if those are true.  Anyway, it seems that Hu and I are no longer physically the same age.

Hu is not the only one who enters a new life stage.   Tally celebrates a birthday just as we arrive home.  My little girl is not so little anymore.  She loves to fish and is eager to follow in her father’s footsteps.

It is not long after we return home that I feel a familiar pang.  Hu stands by me, ever watchful.

And then she’s here.  My third, and probably last, child.

When the sun comes up, we take her outside and call the others over for the naming ceremony.

“You are Journey, of the tribe of Mann,” I say. “Daughter of Hu and granddaughter of the late Chief Acu.  May the spirits protect your journey through life, as they protected your mother while she carried you.”

“It’s a beautiful name,” Hu says later.  I didn’t tell him what I was going to call the baby.  I wanted to surprise him.

Everyone is feeling joyful—about coming home, Journey’s birth, and the upcoming marriage of Snow and Lee.  In the afternoon, we end our work early and celebrate with music.  Hu plays the violin and Snow accompanies him on guitar.

Notes:  Hu completed Angling Ace on day 26.  His new aspiration is Soulmates. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 09:20:28 PM »
Oh, I hope Hu makes it!  It is so scary once they become elders.  You are like watching every second.  You and Hu could have another child, which would keep you young enough for a second marriage, (and more children).  Hard thing to do though.  Soul mate's find it extremely difficult.  I'm wondering if you are going to run out of puns for names,  (Candy-Man, Muffin-Man, Fire-man,  I guess not.  lol)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 12:00:12 AM »
Well done! I loved their time in Lee’s homeland and I’m looking forward to the next chapter.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
Aww, so cute!!  Just an adorable little family and I'm glad things are going so well for them.  Super cute ending with the parry music and all  :=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 11:02:27 AM »
I love all their outfits! Welcome to the fam, Journey!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
Oh, I hope Hu makes it!  It is so scary once they become elders.  You are like watching every second.  You and Hu could have another child, which would keep you young enough for a second marriage, (and more children).  Hard thing to do though.  Soul mate's find it extremely difficult.  I'm wondering if you are going to run out of puns for names,  (Candy-Man, Muffin-Man, Fire-man,  I guess not.  lol)
Short life span is tough, especially on the men.  I thought about letting Wu have a 4th baby, but ultimately decided to let Snow and Lee have kids instead.  As for names, I don't think I'll run out of puns.   ;D  I have a huge list.

Well done! I loved their time in Lee’s homeland and I’m looking forward to the next chapter.
Thank you!  I really liked this era.  It was restrictive enough to be a challenge, but not as hard as No Tech.

Aww, so cute!!  Just an adorable little family and I'm glad things are going so well for them.  Super cute ending with the parry music and all  :=)
Thanks!  I am quite fond of their classical instruments as well.

I love all their outfits! Welcome to the fam, Journey!
Thank you!  I spent an absurd amount of time trying to dress the women for this era.   :D 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: New Alliances (July 17)
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 06:20:20 PM »
New Alliances

Early one morning, Snow and Lee meet each other under one of the tall oak trees to say their vows.  Lee is officially a member of the Tribe of Mann, a visitor no longer.

The spirits send their approval.

The newlyweds are happy, as newlyweds tend to be.  In this case, I think the happiness has a good chance of lasting.  Lee is a cheerful girl, a little clumsy sometimes, but a hard worker and seems pleased to be a part of our family.

We build Snow and Lee their own hut and extend the fence around it.

Something tells me that it won’t be long before the tribe of Mann welcomes a new member.  The spirits haven’t sent Lee a sign yet, but it’s probably only a matter of time.

It is summer now, and my garden is thriving.  I move my strawberries and snapdragons indoors to protect them from the intense heat.  Outside, I now have lilies and basil which I found here in Willow Creek.  I also have sage, parsley, and growfruit from our trip to Granite Falls.  Someone fishes up an apple, so I plant that, too.  The apple tree is not in season, but I hope it will bear fruit in the fall.  On a whim, I plant a strange seed that Hu fished up a long time ago and the cutest little cow head sprouts up.

Since I spend so much time in the garden, Hu has taken over cooking most of our meals. He’s getting quite good at it, and I would almost say that he enjoys grilling fish as much as catching them.

In fact, it is Tally who does most of the fishing these days.

Several of the friendlier tribes and clans in our area have recently joined together in a loose association, for protection.  Although Hu and I have survived well enough on our own, Snow convinces us that it is a good idea to have allies.  He says we cannot rely on our stone wall alone to keep out our enemies. 

Besides pledging to help defend each other, the tribes in the alliance build a gathering place for all to enjoy. 

In the middle of the gathering place is a circle of benches, used for meetings and ceremonies. 

There is also a small space for a community garden.  In the spirit of cooperation, I contribute a few plants.

One night, we stay late at the gathering place and I see Tally talking to a boy.  I’m not sure why, but something about it makes me think I need to keep an eye on this one.

As nice as the new gathering place is, there is nothing quite like being at home. I can’t think of any better way to spend a summer evening than sitting around our own fire, with little Journey tucked safely in bed and the rest of us enjoying a meal of fresh grilled fruit and telling stories late into the night.

Progress since the last update:  Hu maxed cooking on day 30.

Notes:  The low tech rules allow a park to be built, hence the ‘gathering place.’  Since I chose to build my own park, the Willow Creek park is still bulldozed. They don’t really interact with other sims who show up there, though, except Tally who will need a mate and Snow with the Friend of the World aspiration. 

In this era, they are allowed one formal outfit, but I didn’t make much use of that rule. The picture of the whole family at the gathering spot is the only one I have with any of them in formal outfits; and it’s just Snow, Lee, and Hu.  I spent time looking for those outfits, though, so had to include the picture.  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »
The gathering place is amazing!  Really lovely.  I'd like to see more pics of it.  Maybe in the Building and Construction spot?  I also loved the "formal" outfits.  Your tribe of Mann is growing and looking more and more like our Native Americans.  The wedding was lovely as well.  I think this has to be one of my favorite reads.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2019, 09:30:12 PM »
Awesome!!! You did a great job building the gathering place.
I'm with Joria on this one being one of my favorite stories to read also!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2019, 12:33:45 PM »
Loving the story as a whole, but the comment about including that family gathering picture just so you could show off the outfits just struck me as delightfully amusing and relatable.  Can't even tell you the number of times I've included a picture just because I really liked the picture or the outfit or the lighting or whatever it may have been  :=)
Snow and Lee are adorable and I can't wait to see how adorable their baby is...or babies are?  Guess we'll see ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2019, 03:51:11 PM »
Great storytelling, beautiful screenshot, and spot-on choice of outfits!
I'm not surprised that this challenge would appeal to you since the way your Sharebear generations have changed over time seems to have prepared you for this challenge.

The Manns also have incredible genes. :D

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 02:09:11 PM »
@Joria , @kattiq , @PeregrineTook , @oshizu : Thank you everyone for the kind words.  I'm sorry that I've been neglecting this story lately.  I haven't forgotten about it.  Hopefully, I can get back to it soon. 

And oshizu, welcome back!  :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »
I'm now all caught up here, too. I just really love your stories!

Do you have plans to do any of the other dynasties?

anything