Author Topic: The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges  (Read 19731 times)

Offline MxRainbow

• Nooboo
Re: The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2019, 04:57:40 PM »
It has been a heckofva long time since I've played The Sims 4 and even longer since I've been on this forum! Island Adventure reignited my love of this game and these challenges keep me playing. I've been kind of a silent member here for over 10 years! At least! Thanks for keeping these running. They keep things interesting.

Ivy Le finished in 3453 minutes!

Friends 621
Tips     486
Fish     495
Chess  707
Fitness 1144

I think I'm going to do some research and try again for a better score. :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2019, 04:12:38 AM »
Posted by: MxRainbow« on: July 28, 2019, 04:57:40 PM »I think I'm going to do some research and try again for a better score.

Hey, good to meet another Rainbow and to see even more new people jumping into these tournament challenges. :) However, I'd like to point something out in case you didn't see it.

Quote from: Metropolis Man on July 20, 2019, 03:34:37 PM Welcome to the forum, techiechick. Just to save you from potentially wasting time, there are no second attempts in the Tournament challenges. When you post a score, that's what is put on the leaderboard. You can practice as many times as you wish, but actually posting a score means you're done.

Nice score but we don't get to try again for a better score, everyone only gets one attempt at a challenge once it goes live and once it does no more practicing. Feel free to practice for Baby Boomer though, that one hasn't gone live yet. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »
My sim took 1,392 minutes to get level 5 fitness, 767 minutes to make 5 friends, 815 minutes to win 5 chess games, 661 minutes to earn $50 in tips, and 664 minutes to catch 5 unique fish.

Total:  4,299 minutes

I was surprised how quickly I was able to play through this one, although I did run into some annoying snags.  Congratulations to the top scorers!  And thank you to the challenge makers for another fun one!  Now to get ready for Baby Boomer...

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2019, 03:33:40 AM »
Hi challenge team,

Did you receive my PM?

Edit:
Thank you for the reply!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those scores in soon. Good luck to those finishing up. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »
My sim, Dorothy Gale, completed all five challenges with a total of 6,057 minutes!

Thanks a lot team for another great challenge 8).

Coolsim

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
the challenge times for my sim were

fish 185
tips 309
fitness 430
chess 469
friends 80

for a total of 1473 minutes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2019, 06:42:16 AM »
I suspected someone might come along and beat my score but it was nice being at the top for so long, pity it didn't last, I'm a little disappointed in myself, I think I could have done better, but oh well. :P

I realize I forgot to post my individual scores for each challenge so here you go.

Chess: 395
Fish: 170
Tips: 220
Friends: 347
Fitness: 373

No need to post the total amount as I've already done that. Playing in this challenge was great fun, I loved it and would love to see if I can beat my record, if this challenge makes a comeback, hoping to see this one become a tournament regular. ;)

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2019, 10:42:14 PM »
The times for my sim were:

Chess 726
Fish  384
Tips  426
Fitness  1360
Friends 153

Total of 3049 minutes

Super short and sweet, but a lot of fun. Would love to see this one back again in the future.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2019, 03:58:54 AM »
My sim finished with a total time of 1865 minutes, now onto finding time for my all time favorite challenge.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2019, 06:41:07 AM »
My Sim completed his 5 challenges in a total of 1969 minutes.

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2019, 09:36:24 PM »
Whew, that was fun. I really liked how it was broken up in a way that made it easy to practice parts of the challenge instead of having to do the whole thing over and over again. I like short-term optimization challenges.

I did worse in my final run than my practice, though not by too much (apparently, my Sim decided that the only non-practice round was a great opportunity to go fishing for kitchen upgrade parts). Those high scores are dang impressive though, I couldn't come near it.

Tips: 383
Fitness: 589
Fishing: 605
Chess: 481
Friends: 250

Total: 2308 minutes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2019, 06:01:52 AM »
This event is now closed.

Very good participation in this challenge. Congrats to the thekatie0409 on a big win. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
My sim started out with the cheerful, self-assured, and loves the outdoors traits. He had the friend of the world aspiration, which is important for the friend challenge later. He moved into Newcrest.
On day 1 he headed to Willow Creek for the fishing challenge. He bounced between the 2 fishing spots on the Crick Cabana lot to catch the 5 unique fish.
After resting and filling needs on the home lot, he did a quick cloud gaze and headed to get some tips. Being inspired allowed him to level up a little faster; I don't know if this helped with getting tips or not.
With aspiration points from fishing and playing music he was able to get gym rat and a moodlet potion. He filled his needs and headed to the gym in San Myushno, because it had the bracing breezes trait. The moodlet solver was for when he pulled a muscle, then he could drink it and get rid of his uncomfortable buff without wasting much time.
After filling needs, he headed to the library in Windenburg for the chess challenge. I picked this lot because it had many chess tables near each other. He started challenging residents to chess matches. He lost to Jaques Villareal but beat Mila, Clara, Bjorn, Dominic and Candy.
The making friends challenge was the main part of my strategy. After completing the gym task my sim had enough points for the incredibly friendly trait. With this trait and with the friend of the world aspiration, any friendly introduction resulted in an instant friend. We traveled to Oasis Springs, first stopping at the Roomies house and befriending Gavin, then befriending Katrina, Nina, and Don at the Caliente house, and finally Johnny Zest at his house. This allowed him to make 5 friends in 80 minutes.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »
Great job @thekatie0409 and @Rainbow Dash.  I didn't know that Incredibly Friendly combined with Friend of the World would make instant friends, so thanks for teaching me that.   :)

I loved the flexibility in this challenge.  Here's what I did:

My sim was a cheerful, active, genius.  I chose a knowledge aspiration for him to get the quick learner trait, but changed it later.  He moved onto the Pebble Burrow lot in Oasis Springs.

I started with chess in Oasis Springs.  First, my sim visited the Landgraabs.  He used their chess table to Ponder Moves for the focused moodlet, then played and won against Nancy, Geoffrey, and Malcolm.  Then he went to the Oasis Springs park and waited for two more residents to show up.  While waiting, he pondered moves again.  Then he won against Zoe Patel and Mitchell Kalani.

After the mandatory rest period and fulfilling needs, he went to the gym in San Myshuno for the fitness challenge.  I switched to the Bodybuilder aspiration to pick up some points.  He did two workouts on the treadmill while asking the gym trainer to mentor him.  This got him to level 4 fitness, but he couldn’t do another workout after that because of the pulled muscle moodlet.  I had him take a brisk shower at the gym, but he still couldn’t workout. Then I remembered the basketball hoop.  He was able to do the “Dream Big” interaction 3x and that was enough to get to level 5 fitness.

Rest and filling needs.  The next day, he woke up feeling focused (from his Genius trait) so I decided to do the fishing part next.  I switched to the Angling Ace aspiration and went to Newcrest.  I got lucky with this one because it only took 6 catches to get 5 unique fish.

Another rest period, then my sim went to the Willow Creek park to earn tips.  I switched to the Musical Genius aspiration, had him cloud gaze for just long enough to get inspired, then he stood up and started playing guitar.  I left him right where the game drops you at the Willow Creek park because there are always a lot of people walking by that spot.  They hated my sim’s playing, but tipped him anyway.

Another rest period, during which I bought the Incredibly Friendly trait.  I had enough points just from switching aspirations (as noted above) and doing simple whims during the rest periods such as “dance to stereo music” or “watch TV.”  I went to Windenberg to make friends.  First, it was Eva and Jade.  Then Jacques, Joaquin, and Dominic.  If a friendly introduction wasn’t enough to be instant friends, it only took a few more interactions.

My totals for all the parts of the challenge were:
Chess, Oasis Springs, 546 min.
Fitness, San Myshuno, 363 min.
Fishing, Newcrest, 165 min.
Tips, Willow Creek, 252 min.
Friends, Windenberg, 266 min.
Total: 1592 min.

anything