Author Topic: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 10 March: COMPLETED!  (Read 25754 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 4 October
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2019, 11:42:09 PM »
I love playing Windenburg Island and yes, I do love a smaller lot. It can be a little tricky because there's not really room for a telescope or a large garden if the house is only one story, as this one is. The only issue is that it was cloudy for about a Sim week. That doesn't make for the best screen shots.

It's too bad the Von Haunt estate doesn't have much outdoor space. That would make a great cemetery. Shimizu is good since it has all of that unused space, but I'd be concerned about ghosts disrupting the restaurant.

You now have me hooked on the toddler playdate. It's such a fun party. I love the toddlers in this game and their party outfits are so adorable. Maybe my next generation will have more than one nooboo early on. I do like getting a pregnancy going before the heir moves out for keeping the house occupied longer and having toddlers to invite to parties.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2019, 11:35:41 AM »
Oh my watcher! Those eyes! He's so cute. He's going to be a heartbreaker for sure!

Love toddler play dates so much. They are just too cute!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
Oh my goodness the curly curls on Ramon!!!  Can you get more adorable?  Loved the toddler party and hope to do one in future.  Loved Ramon's sand play as well.  Toddlers are a handful but so darned cute it's worth the work.  Loved the pic of Anna's piano accomplishment.  I really need to be on the ball more for those kinds of shots.  (slow fingers) 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 13 October
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »
@Joria and @Shewolf13 Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

Ana

It’s time for our little guy to grow up.

Here’s Ramon dancing with his Aunt Vivian at his party. I think Nuihaur and I will keep the tradition of having a nooboo at around the same time as the heir does. After all, we don’t want to deprive certain readers of their Toddler Play Dates!

Begone, Pear! No one invited you and there’s no way you are going to become a part of this dynasty.

Ramon takes advantage of Francisco’s ability to mentor him in chess. Logic skill is so useful for so many careers that it’s a good idea to max that before moving out.

Of course, parties are for socializing, so he did some of that, too.

The next day, Ramon had his first Scout meeting. Completing Scouts is a must for all children in the dynasty.

Since Ramon’s unique skill will be Fitness, he does the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. He’ll also complete Whiz Kid, but that’s it. Our Watcher prefers to start working on adult skills rather than spending time on childhood aspirations that won’t help in some way later.

Ramon and I spend two hours at Hare Square. He maxes the logic skill and I complete another community lot visit. I only need two more.

After he maxes Logic, Ramon starts building his fishing skill.

We threw a Spooky Party at the Salty Paws Saloon. Combining community lot visits with parties is where it’s at!

Wow, that’s some “costume” there, Dad.

Caleb Vatore showed up as himself. I guess it’s fitting that a vampire doesn’t really need a Spooky costume.

Our last party and community lot visit! We held Ramon’s teen birthday at Club Calico.

Nuihaur’s expression pretty much sums it up. Don’t worry, Ramon. We’ll have you fixed up in no time.

Ramon: How utterly mortifying.

Next time: Teen stuff, looking for Ms (or Mr) Right, and a dolphin!

Traits: Vegetarian, Art Lover, Loves Outdoors
Lot: Mid-Nowhere, Windenburg
Spouse: Nuihaur Hauata
Children: Ramon Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Entertainer--Musician (9/10)
  2. Unique skill: Piano (10/10)
  3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: (10K/10K)
  4. Earned $10,000: (10K/10K)
  5. 10 good friends: (10/10)  Nonhuman (2/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (10/10)
  7. 10 parties: (10/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (10/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (10/10)
  10. 10-item collection: (5/10) --Piano Skill books

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2019, 07:16:30 PM »
I'm always excited to notice you've updated your P10 Dynasty! Yay!
We need like a special spray or something...Pear Begone!

Nice. Ana has only one more career promotion and five more collection items, then she's done with her requirements!
I'm glad to hear you'll be favoring us with more toddler play dates. They're so cute!
Ramon is a beautiful child but looks so forlorn on his birthday. Hurry and get with his makeover, Watcher!

Best wishes to you on those last two weeks!
Looking forward to learning about Ramon's teenhood, the spouse search (this!), and the dolphin!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »
That last shot, oh my watcher! lol I laughed a bit too hard at it XD Poor thing. He needs a makeover, stat!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2019, 11:49:26 PM »
How to go from adorable hair to horrible hair!  yikes!  Really moving along and I love it.  Not sure how one does a party at like a restaurant or bar.  Mine are always at home where I can control it all.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2019, 06:13:17 PM »
I'm getting caught up and really enjoyed the last few updates.  Poor toddler Ramon, asking why there were no nooboo pictures of him!  The toddler pictures more than made up for it, though.   ;)

Looking forward to Ramon's teenage years and spouse hunt.

We need like a special spray or something...Pear Begone!
This ^ is a great idea!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »
Just checking in to say I'll be updating and continuing this Dynasty soon. I'm just recovering from an illness that kept me basically in my bed for nearly 2 months. Not to worry, I'm fine and recovering. In the midst of all of that, my partner was testing a video card on my computer and it sort of died in the process. I got a completely new machine out of it, but this is still very stressful for someone like me who does not handle change very well. I didn't lose anything, but it might take a few days for me to fully get my bearings regarding where everything is and where I stand in regard to screen shots, gameplay, etc. I haven't been able to climb the stairs and use my computer since before October 15!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
I'm really happy that you are now on the road to recovery as well as making your way around your new computer.
Not to sound selfish, but it's just not the same--playing my dynasty challenge without my P10 partner!

Welcome back! 🥰

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 14 December
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2019, 05:22:56 PM »
Ramon

After a quick trip to the mirror, Ramon returns to the party and begins his spouse hunt. What? Too soon? Nah. We’re on a mission here, folks. Unfortunately, it’s been a while, so I have no idea who any of these Sims are or what their personalities are like. Ahem.

There was also this guy in the park. Nope, rings zero bells.

And this Sim. Pretty, but no idea.

Ramon takes some time out from spouse hunting to try to befriend a dolphin. It seems like this is very slow going and the relationship disappears from Ramon’s friend panel. Buggy or something else? We’ll figure it out, I hope.

He also takes a job as a lifeguard since he’ll be entering the Marine Biologist career.

Still no luck with the dolphins. Sigh.

Ramon does have some luck, though. One day while visiting Sulani, he meets Wiki Tilo. She’s a Music Lover, Art Lover, and Child of the Islands. Sold!

Ramon aged up!

Ana completed her requirements by finishing her tenth Piano skill book and reaching the top of the Musician career.

Obligatory pregnancy for toddler play date.

Next stop: Sulani!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »
I love the shot with Ana's Piano Skill books! Very nicely displayed!
Are  you trolling us, Watcher? All of Ramon's shots are in profile, except the one where he's wearing shades!
He's looking fiiiiiine in his new hairstyle which, I assume, is custom content.

And Wiki's a catch!
Unlike Ramon, my sim hasn't run into a single dolphin. Seems like befriending a dolphin is hard, though.
Bring on the nooboos! :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »
This update and the next will be kind of sketchy since I actually played this part over 2 months ago! After that, they should become more coherent.

I think Ramon's hair is from Get Famous. I noticed his face wasn't visible in any of those shots as I was doing the update. Not trolling on purpose! LOL.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
Binge read and just finished catching up on this great start! 
Loved the makeover on Catalina!!  I also absolutely adored Valeria...and might have mistakenly thought she was heir for just a minute.  Still, you had the lovely Ana later, so the lovely redhead trend has continued  ;=)  And Wiki Tilo, what a find!!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 15 December
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »
Thanks for reading, @oshizu and @PeregrineTook

Ramon -- Chapters will have more story in future updates. Right now I just want to get caught up!

Proposal accepted!

Gold medal wedding at Municipal Muses.

House.

Get a Fertility massage, they said. It will be fun, they said.

I blame oshizu!

The heir, Rafael.

Ynez (pigtails) and Ysabel.

Toddler spam.

Here comes trouble X 3.

A rare quiet moment. My focus is on getting Rafael to Top-Notch Toddler. In this challenge, I am basically focusing on heirs and requirements. I am not micromanaging other Sims because I can’t be bothered to. They get what they get as far as skills, etc.

Next time: Toddler Play Date Spam. Wheeeee!

anything