Author Topic: My sims hair and clothes won't show in the map/world view.  (Read 1777 times)

Offline AMilli0NliGHTS

• Nooboo
My sims hair and clothes won't show in the map/world view.
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
Whenever I load my game and i'm in the map view, when I click my sims house, their hair and and clothes won't show up and one of the sims is completely black. Once I completely load in to live mode, everything is fine. All of their hair and clothes are CC, but I checked my CC three times and removed every piece of broke CC. I've tried completely removing my mods folder, but the issue remains, I've updated my game and my PC. I've posted in the official EA help forums and got no help, so if anyone can provide any help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm including a photo of exactly what i'm talking about and I'm not sure if you need my PC specs or not, but i'll include them anyway.

Windows 10 64-bit
i7-8700k @ 3.70GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 1080

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My sims hair and clothes won't show in the map/world view.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:16:34 PM »
It looks like the bad cc is still interfering with your game.

Have you cleared your cache files and deleted the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents to help with troubleshooting.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

If yes, you may need to go through your mods folder again to see what still maybe interfering with the game. As the newest game patch caused a lot of mods and cc to become outdated.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

If the above doesn't help, you might try refreshing your Sims 4 folder.

Move your Sims 4 folder from Documents to the desktop, launch the game so it creates a new folder. Exit the game and Origin. Copy in any mods/cc you have into the new Mods folder.

Trying to test if a new Sims 4 folder might help the issue.

Try a new-test save to see if the CC shows up. If it does, copy back these files:

Options.ini File -- The graphic/sounds/gameplay options
Saves -- Saved game files - leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.
Tray -- Sims, Houses, Rooms and Community lots
Screenshots -- Photos you've taken with the C key in-game.
Recorded Videos -- Video clips you've taken with the V key in-game.

Troubleshooting CC is very tricky. When CC doesn't work for me I check the creator's website to see if there are any troubleshooting tips and if not I just delete it and try to look for an alternative.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AMilli0NliGHTS

• Nooboo
Re: My sims hair and clothes won't show in the map/world view.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:55:17 PM »
It looks like the bad cc is still interfering with your game.

Have you cleared your cache files and deleted the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents to help with troubleshooting.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

This was such a quick and easy fix, it worked. Thank you so much!