Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32369 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
Added a party clarification...

**Back to back parties just means that's all your Sim would do besides eating, sleeping, etc. -- no working on other bingo squares. Also, all party types (wedding, birthday, etc) qualify, but dates are not parties.

-----------------

The tombstone square is similar to the household funds square. Once you get the 250k or have a tombstone on your lot, those squares are done. No need to maintain those things until the end.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:36 AM »
Rainbow, your first comment above was deleted. No need to voluntarily give players advice. Save that for after an event.

And yes, no restrictions on Sims working on multiple squares except for the back to back parties. That's all one Sim does when they tackle that.

Just one card per player, per household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2019, 10:59:57 AM »
I hope the team are not too annoyed with our questions. Please know that you got lots of questions because this challenge is very interesting  ;D

"We don't have any rule against alien abduction or twins resulting from an alien pregnancy."  --> In that case, a baby or babies may be born before the sim finishes the first bingo, is this an exception then?

Do baking recipes count toward the 50 different recipes?

Can I put a restaurant in manage world at the beginning for experimental food?\

I tested it today and this challenge is so very difficult .. haha  ;) 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »
"We don't have any rule against alien abduction or twins resulting from an alien pregnancy."  --> In that case, a baby or babies may be born before the sim finishes the first bingo, is this an exception then?
Baby or babies would need to be released to the Homeland in this situation.

Do baking recipes count toward the 50 different recipes?
All recipes count.

Can I put a restaurant in manage world at the beginning for experimental food?
Allowed per the General Rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
I hope the team are not too annoyed with our questions. Please know that you got lots of questions because this challenge is very interesting  ;D

That's fine, but we've had to delete several posts recently. It's always safer to PM the team because that way you're not giving any other player ideas about how to tackle a challenge.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »
** The 8 "Very" emotions square was clarified to be for a single Sim, not the household.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2019, 10:13:50 PM »

Sorry about this question again.  It wasn't directly answered and I'm still a bit confused about it.  Can I add lot traits to a lot that doesn't have any, say like bargain bend.  Can I add 3 lot traits knowing that once I do I can't change them or can I add nothing at all, meaning the lot then has no traits at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2019, 02:01:18 AM »
@crstasse I understand it to mean, whatever traits a lot has at the start of the game, the lot has to maintain those traits and that none can be added or removed. So if a lot doesn't have any, (like bargain bend) it has to remain not having any.

I'm not a team member, but that's the way I understand it, and I think I'm probably correct.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2019, 02:53:33 AM »
@crstasse
Changing or Adding Lot Traits is banned per the second bullet point under Specific Challenge Rules, so @Deklitch is correct - you can not add lot traits to a lot that doesn't already have them, and you can not change or remove lot traits on a lot that does already have them.   No changes at all can be made to lot traits.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2019, 04:38:19 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply.  That is what I thought but just wanted to clarify.  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2019, 05:53:12 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »That's fine, but we've had to delete several posts recently. It's always safer to PM the team because that way you're not giving any other player ideas about how to tackle a challenge.

Sorry @Metropolis Man I was just trying to help a new player out before, I didn't think of it as giving them ideas. :-[

About this Bingo Card: 500 Achievement Points

Where do I find these points? I see achievements pop up in game as I get them but I don't see any points, I can't find them and it driving me crazy!

I'm not sure what this means, I thought we couldn't move, therefore only having one household throughout the challenge and what do
you mean by 'One Player'? ???

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »That's fine, but we've had to delete several posts recently. It's always safer to PM the team because that way you're not giving any other player ideas about how to tackle a challenge.

Sorry @Metropolis Man I was just trying to help a new player out before, I didn't think of it as giving them ideas. :-[

About this Bingo Card: 500 Achievement Points

Where do I find this points? I see achievements pop in game as I get them but I don't see any points, I can't find them and it driving me crazy!

I'm not sure what this means, I thought we couldn't move, therefore only having one household throughout the challenge and what do
you mean by 'One Player'? ???

Achievements:
It can be found in the menu, where you also save your game, cant remember what it is called exactly.

Bingo card:
Each player just prints out one card, and tries to fill that card out. If you manage to fill it out before the time ends. Mark you time, as we can use that as tiebreaker.

So only one household, which you play through the whole challenge.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 08:16:13 AM »

Hey Rainbow Dash

So glad you brought up the achievement points.  For some crazy reason I just thought it was reward points!  I don't know how I mistook that  :o  This has just made the game sooo much harder, yet again.  I think it might be too hard for me :-\

Achievement points can be found by going to Options menu and then clicking on the Achievements tab.  It'll give you the total number of your achievements to date at the top on the right.  You can also see what achievements you have unlocked so far and what achievements you can unlock and what those achievements actually are.  There is a whole lot of them.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2019, 10:24:27 AM »
Note: The middle square was 500 Achievement points. Now it's 500 Satisfaction points.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2019, 12:08:31 PM »

Thank you.  That does make it a little more doable.

anything