Author Topic: The Loveland Random Town Jump  (Read 72552 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: The Loveland Random Town Jump
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2020, 05:34:31 PM »
I thought the idea of ghost kittens was pretty awesome, so I checked and found this information.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_pet

"Like Sims, pets can have ghost puppies, kittens, or foals. In order to do this, it is required to have a male ghost pet and a playable female pet if the player wishes the ghost puppies/kittens/foals to be playable. When born, they will have their own headstone in their inventory, and their family tree portrait is grayed out as if they were dead. They do not disappear at the end of the night and they can age. They are technically equal to a normal pet, but they have a ghostly appearance and they can produce ghostly offspring."

So if you made sure Chewie's gravestone was in a family members personal inventory, one that was traveling to the next town, maybe ghost kittens in the next town!?!

And I think Peter and Gilbert aged up very well!

Gilbert looks a lot like Theo but I think he's got a fuller mouth.
As for the childish trait, if you don't keep them busy they just go play with toys, like, all. the. time.
Which isn't a bad thing, unless your house is small and the toys keep getting left on the floor blocking the stairs and the only door outside!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can resurrect pets with Oh My Ghost! if you're into having an annoying ghost pet for a bit. The end of the cat line is ruining me, man.

The fuller lips make the difference for Gilbert compared to Theo but I thought he'd end up looking more like Franky than he did. I like childish sims though. They can play with toys, fish in pools (and catch stuff!), and they autonomously scare sims constantly which isn't so great nevermind-
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2020, 06:55:13 PM »
I thought the idea of ghost kittens was pretty awesome, so I checked and found this information.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_pet

"Like Sims, pets can have ghost puppies, kittens, or foals. In order to do this, it is required to have a male ghost pet and a playable female pet if the player wishes the ghost puppies/kittens/foals to be playable. When born, they will have their own headstone in their inventory, and their family tree portrait is grayed out as if they were dead. They do not disappear at the end of the night and they can age. They are technically equal to a normal pet, but they have a ghostly appearance and they can produce ghostly offspring."

So if you made sure Chewie's gravestone was in a family members personal inventory, one that was traveling to the next town, maybe ghost kittens in the next town!?!

And I think Peter and Gilbert aged up very well!

Gilbert looks a lot like Theo but I think he's got a fuller mouth.
As for the childish trait, if you don't keep them busy they just go play with toys, like, all. the. time.
Which isn't a bad thing, unless your house is small and the toys keep getting left on the floor blocking the stairs and the only door outside!

Oh my gosh. Maybe we CAN have ghost kittens in the next town! I'm not going to promise anything because I don't know what the household's going to look like yet, but man, I LOVE this idea. Thank you so much for researching that! (And I do keep the family graves, so Chewie's will definitely be coming along.) :D

You and Trip are both right about Gilbert's mouth. Thank goodness I have you guys to notice things that I don't. :) And I like Childish Sims too, actually. I am leaning towards Peter for heir because his features are so unique (and preeeettyyyyy) and the whole Supernatural thing excites me, but I know Gilbert has a lot of fans too. The fact that he aged up into a slightly weird-looking Georgiana clone kinda ruined him for me a little bit. And I don't know if I want to wait around for him to age up before deciding the heir. But we'll see.

I'm pretty sure you can resurrect pets with Oh My Ghost! if you're into having an annoying ghost pet for a bit. The end of the cat line is ruining me, man.

The fuller lips make the difference for Gilbert compared to Theo but I thought he'd end up looking more like Franky than he did. I like childish sims though. They can play with toys, fish in pools (and catch stuff!), and they autonomously scare sims constantly which isn't so great nevermind-

I know, I'm so sorry about the cat line :( I'm still kicking myself for screwing that up. But this whole idea of ghost kittens has given me hope. I was thinking about getting a dog in the next town since we haven't had one in a while, but...but ghost kittens. Ghost kittens.

Haha! That's exactly the thing I don't like about the Childish trait. It's actually one of my favorite traits...except for that. And there's already enough tension and scaring in this household right now (with more to come), so I wasn't too excited when Gilbert rolled it. Oh well. I mean, he could have rolled Mooch or Heavy Sleeper, so I should probably count my blessings.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
Chapter 60 - A Princess At Sunset

Screenshot-85.jpg

Theo and Christine are doing well, if you're wondering. You could say they've gotten closer than ever. :D

Screenshot-89.jpg

Shantell is going a little bit senile, though. Or maybe a lot senile. She's never protested in her life, but all of a sudden, on her 109th day or something, she goes into her own quiet bedroom and starts raging into a microphone about Love and Relationships. Hmmm, maybe because you've outlived your husband by almost TWO DECADES?

Screenshot-90.jpg

"Mind if I take a nap in here, Mom? Thanks."

Screenshot-94.jpg

And that's exactly what Georgie does. For once, the Heavy Sleeper trait actually makes me laugh. (As does this entire scenario. It makes me laugh so hard I start crying. The end.)

Screenshot-97.jpg

Our sweet little Snow White is all alone in the household now--no more cat companions to keep her company. Luckily, she has a completely insane Cat Person in the household to give her regular pets and brushies.

Screenshot-100.jpg

Gilbert's teenhood is exciting for exactly one reason: now he can go after the green girl of his dreams. Yep, Lisette aged up too, into one of the worst haircuts imaginable. At least her outfit is cute?

Screenshot-103.jpg

Gilbert makes his feelings known without hesitation.

Screenshot-109.jpg

Lisette responds in kind, and the two of them spend the whole afternoon at the fairy park groping each other and slobbering all over each other's faces. It's borderline gross. But also, yay?

Screenshot-120.jpg

Now that he's a Young Adult, Peter attacks alchemy with a new ferocity. He's determined to learn the recipes for supernatural elixirs, but he's got quite a long way to go.

Screenshot-134.jpg

When he's had enough of study, he ventures out into the wilderness around Hidden Springs and hunts for elixir ingredients. Felicity's old Collection Helper comes in handy for this.

Screenshot-143.jpg

He learns his first supernatural elixir while visiting the alchemy shop. He can now become a vampire! Which I totally don't want and which will totally not be happening.

Screenshot-147.jpg

Snow White becomes an elder...

Screenshot-150.jpg

...as does Franky. :( I don't even get one last screenshot of his beautiful face.

Screenshot-153.jpg

When Gilbert manages to extract his limbs from around Lisette, he amuses himself with dolls and toys. From hormonal teen to content kiddo in the span of five minutes.

Screenshot-156.jpg

A couple of somewhat uneventful days pass. Peter has been waiting for a certain someone to finish high school. When her birthday arrives, he calls her up and invites her over.

Screenshot-160.jpg

Anastasia arrives and finds her very own birthday cake waiting for her in the Lovelands' backyard.

Screenshot-163.jpg

At sunset, our young princess grows up.

Screenshot-166.jpg

For once, the whole family joins in the cake-eating. I guess they're trying to welcome Anastasia to the family? How wholesome!

Screenshot-169.jpg

"Hey Anastasia, what do you say to moving in with us?"
"Sounds great, Peter! Shouldn't we let your dad get to the dishwasher?"
"Nah, it'll take us another five minutes just to figure out how to take three steps to the left. Might as well finish our conversation."

Screenshot-2.jpg

At last, I get to give Anastasia a makeover. She looks good in about 57 different hairstyles. The one I gave her ages her a little bit, but it also gives her a lovely, almost witchy vibe that I like. Anyway, Anastasia's traits: Loves the Outdoors, Excitable, Savvy Sculptor, Loser, and Perfectionist. She likes Indie music, key lime pie, and Spice Brown. Her Lifetime Wish is to Become an Astronaut. An interesting choice that will probably change down the road.

Screenshot-5.jpg

Birthdays are just happening all over the place. Franky and Georgiana are technically the same age, but somehow Georgiana ages up to elder a day late.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Awwww. I'm desperately sad that these two are elders, but at least they're still very in love and adorable.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Maybe too adorable.

"Run along, son. Your father and I have business to attend to."
"..."

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2020, 11:22:44 AM »
Chapter 61 - Rings & Things

Screenshot-23.jpg

Now that they're together full-time, Peter and Anastasia blossom into the perfect fairytale couple they were always meant to be.

Screenshot-37.jpg

To celebrate Anastasia's first full day in the household, Peter takes his girlfriend up to Louie Falls, one of the most scenic spots in Hidden Springs. They're excited to find they have the place to themselves.

Screenshot-41.jpg

"I always knew we'd be together one day, Anastasia. I knew it from the moment I learned you had a princess name."

Screenshot-46.jpg

And so, our lost boy gets down on one knee.

Screenshot-50.jpg

Anastasia has the most ecstatic yes I've ever seen.

Screenshot-55.jpg

And Peter is the happiest man in Hidden Springs. :')

Screenshot-65.jpg

Moments later, Franky walks out of City Hall with his final promotion. At long last, he's Leader of the Free World. He reacts with about as much excitement as you'd expect from a world-weary politician who's been trying unsuccessfully to dismantle a monarchy for decades. But that very night, all his work comes to fruition--with a little help from nature. Catarina Vanderburg dies of old age, making Franky officially the leader of Hidden Springs. Monarchy abolished!

Screenshot-69.jpg

Theo leaves the Hidden Springs high school for the last time that afternoon. Man, it's just an exciting day for everybody, isn't it? (Heh heh, it's not over yet.)

Screenshot-73.jpg

A quick cake in the backyard...

Screenshot-75.jpg

...and Theo's a man.

Screenshot-77.jpg

I still can't find a hairstyle that comes anywhere close to those curls he had as a child, which is why I keep changing my mind and switching his hairstyle. But somehow this weird mohawky thing from the Pets EP sort of suits him. *shrug* Theo, who's been increasingly out of the running for heir since his previous birthday, becomes Hot-Headed, thus sealing his fate as spare. I don't think he minds. His other traits: Slob, Perceptive, Equestrian, and Mean-Spirited. He chooses The Jockey as his Lifetime Wish, because what else would he do?

Screenshot-79.jpg

After aging up, Theo has a few minutes where he doesn't really adjust to adulthood properly. As the family gathers to eat yet more cake (so much cake lately), Theo, uh, struggles with his vision a bit.

Screenshot-81.jpg

See?

Screenshot-89.jpg

It goes away in time for Christine's totally impromptu visit after dessert. She's aged up too. Excuse me, paparazzi, DO YOU MIND?

Screenshot-90.jpg

"Booo! BOOOO! Bow to the queen of filth! The queen of garbage! The queen of puuutrescence! Booooo! BOOOOOO!"

That reference does not apply here, dear. Please go away.

Screenshot-91.jpg

The paparazzi distracts herself with Shantell's street art on the other side of the porch, and Theo gets down to business.

"Babe, why would you choose to do this HERE? You just stuck your whole lower leg through the siding of the--"
"Shut up, baby, and let me get this out!"
"What, your leg?"
"No! My PROPOSAL!"

Screenshot-92.jpg

"Christine, you're the meanest, most obnoxious woman I've ever met. You're perfect. Will you marry me? And possibly help me get my foot out of my house?"

Screenshot-94.jpg

"Mmm, yes. All my plans are unfolding nicely."

Sometimes I forget that these guys are Mean-Spirited, not Evil. Christine just...acts so Evil at times.

Screenshot-96.jpg

Christine joins the household and gets a makeover of her own--to her previous hairstyle, because it suits her so well. A fun fact about Christine's appearance: those striking blue eyes don't come from either of her parents. I'm pretty sure they were a random mutation. And where does that color come from, you ask? Why, it's Gracie's eye color, which I saved to my eye color panel ages ago! I can't decide if that's creepy or not. Anyway, Christine's traits are Clumsy, Disciplined, Mean-Spirited, Grumpy, and Ambitious. She likes Songwriter music, Stu Surprise, and Lime, and her LTW is Physical Perfection. She's also currently employed in the Pro Sports career, making her and Peter future coworkers (once Peter gets around to joining up).

Screenshot-99.jpg

Theo and Christine decide to get married right then and there in the lamplit living room. I just realized I forgot to have Theo change into his formal wear. Whoops.

"With this ring, I vow to be mean to you from this day forward..."

Screenshot-100.jpg

"...till death do us part, whether said death is spousally inflicted or otherwise."

Screenshot-108.jpg

Awww. Congratulations, Theo and Christine Loveland!

Now, we're way past any drama among the four young adults of the household. But that doesn't mean that things are completely hunky-dory between Peter and his long-ago-brief-flame.

Screenshot-120.jpg

"We BOTH have to work out, Peter, why can't we just SHARE THE TV??"
"Tough love, sis. I was here first."

Screenshot-125.jpg

"I literally have to jump higher than you to see the screen!"
"Ugh, shut UP."

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
Chapter 62 - The Princess & The Lost Boy

All the young adults (except Peter) have their graduation the following morning. Oh look, Bert Alto's son is also there.

Screenshot-134.jpg

"THERE she is! That's my long-lost cousin Shantell!"

Screenshot-135.jpg

"And oooh, she's GORGEOUS."

Okay, gross. Moving on!

Screenshot-138.jpg

Theo graduates with highest honors and is Valedictorian, just like his big brother. He doesn't get a superlative, just like his father. *sigh* WHY. Christine also graduates with honors and is voted Most Likely to Burn Down Their Own House; Anastasia is voted Most Likely to Motive Fail. There's that Loser trait showing its face.

Screenshot-139.jpg

Surprise! It's also Peter and Anastasia's wedding day. I was going to throw a massive party and invite the whole town, but for some reason I couldn't throw the party at this particular lot (Redwood Peak Viewing Area). I even tried changing the lot type in Edit Town, but nope. Ah well. A family wedding it is. Everybody dresses to the nines and takes the vintage car up into the mountains for the afternoon.

Screenshot-143.jpg

...And that's where the fighting starts. With two Mean-Spirited Sims, one Hot-Headed, and lots of tensions around various University social groups (Lordy, those things are annoying), basically everybody has some bone to pick with somebody else. Even the groom gets in an argument with his younger brother.

Screenshot-146.jpg

Christine doesn't get along with anybody, predictably. She and Gilbert pretty much loathe each other.

Screenshot-147.jpg

"So, princess, how about we just start the ceremony before everybody kills each other?"
"Okay!"

Screenshot-150.jpg

Come on, guys. Do you have to do this right behind the wedding arch?

Screenshot-152.jpg

Theo: "What are THEY doing, standing there like idiots?"
Franky: "Beats me. Let's go argue somewhere else."

Screenshot-155.jpg

Theo: "Ick. True love."

Screenshot-156.jpg

As they wait for their family members to gather and stop yelling at each other, the significance of the moment seems to hit Peter all at once.

*gasp* "I can't believe I'm marrying this beautiful woman!"

Then, the same exact thing happens to Anastasia.

Screenshot-164.jpg

"I'm living my fairy tale DREEEAM!"

Screenshot-166.jpg

At long last, the family wanders over, and the ceremony begins.

Screenshot-167.jpg

While they're exchanging rings, I'd like to take a moment to reveal officially that...Peter is the heir! After so much waffling and wavering, it became very clear once he became a young adult that he was destined to carry the Loveland legacy forward. It just feels right to me.

Screenshot-174.jpg

Why Peter, you ask? Because he's beautiful and unique looking; he has a beautiful and unique looking wife; he's got a fascinatingly weird combination of traits; he's going on a quest to become a Supernatural; and he's named after a fairy tale character, marrying someone named after a (real-life AND fairy tale) princess. I mean. It's simply meant to be. Also, Peter's kind of just my favorite, for reasons I can't quite articulate. (And don't worry. We'll be seeing LOTS of the other two boys. I've played ahead, and I can confirm this. ;) )

Screenshot-178.jpg

Congratulations to our princess and lost boy, the new Mr. and Mrs. Loveland!

Screenshot-182.jpg

The family enthusiastically shows their support. Jeez, who died? Are you guys okay?

Screenshot-183.jpg

All right, Georgiana's okay. :) She might be the only member of the family not actively fighting with everyone else (well, her and Anastasia).

Screenshot-184.jpg

Look at that face of love. I still can't believe Georgie is an old woman, but she's proud and ready to see her son carry the family onward.

Screenshot-189.jpg

"Where do you think we're going, Anastasia? What do you think the next town will be?"

Screenshot-193.jpg

"I don't know, Peter. I just know that wherever it is...I'm lucky to go there with you."

Screenshot-202.jpg

As the sun sinks behind the mountains, Peter and Anastasia take off down the mountainside, leaving their bickering family members behind.

Screenshot-232.jpg

They go up to their private room at the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge and spend their wedding night there as husband and wife. (They later lose friends over this "scandal" of woohooing in public, but ya know. It's fine.)

Screenshot-235.jpg

The family gradually trickles home to bed. Except for Gilbert, who stays at the overlook until well after curfew, exercising fiercely to the stereo that nobody danced to.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2020, 02:02:47 PM »
Catching up with the last few chapters.  It looks as though Lisette inherited Cassidy's ears as well as her green skin  :D.  It's a pity that Peter is the obvious heir (although I love him and Anastasia).

Homework: it's a chick magnet!
:P

And as for continuing the cat line, you can feed animals (including ghosts) ambrosia.  Just leave it out on the ground nearby and they'll eat it.  It would mean no ghost kittens, though :(.

Edited to add: and Peter is now the official heir.  Congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs Loveland!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
I ain't mad at the heir even though we won't get green babies yet, but just a family of witches fire/ice blasting each other to oblivion.

We made a big deal about Felicity living to four towns and Shantell will too. With less incest maybe but Lunar Lakes, Isla Paradiso, and Sunlit Tides have (more distantly related) Altos so we'll never escape this.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2020, 11:34:59 AM »
Catching up with the last few chapters.  It looks as though Lisette inherited Cassidy's ears as well as her green skin  :D.  It's a pity that Peter is the obvious heir (although I love him and Anastasia).

And as for continuing the cat line, you can feed animals (including ghosts) ambrosia.  Just leave it out on the ground nearby and they'll eat it.  It would mean no ghost kittens, though :(.

Edited to add: and Peter is now the official heir.  Congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs Loveland!

If you don't mind a little bit of a spoiler...this isn't the last you'll see of Lisette. :) I'm determined not to let the younger boys (and their partners) fade into the background this time! At least not entirely.

Good to know about ambrosia! Looks like I have lots of options for kittens in the next town. :D

I ain't mad at the heir even though we won't get green babies yet, but just a family of witches fire/ice blasting each other to oblivion.

We made a big deal about Felicity living to four towns and Shantell will too. With less incest maybe but Lunar Lakes, Isla Paradiso, and Sunlit Tides have (more distantly related) Altos so we'll never escape this.

I'm glad you guys are okay with Peter as the heir. I know Gilbert was the more popular choice, but Peter felt like the right one to me. And greenboos might still be in the future...as well as plenty of supernatural shenanigans. 8)

Good gracious, so many Altos! I had no idea there were more in other towns. I love the overlapping lore of different towns, but I'm just curious as to why it's the Altos that are everywhere and not other families. I suppose there are the Goth ghosts in Moonlight Falls as well, and probably others I'm forgetting. Maybe I need to do some wiki reading.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
Chapter 63 - An Elder Adventure

Screenshot-2.jpg

The two new women in the household get along great. Just kidding, Christine spends all her free time wreaking havoc and scaring everyone.

Screenshot-3.jpg

The only thing that seems to daunt her is martial arts. She looks at the people in her life with mischief and cruelty in her eyes; she looks at the training dummy with something akin to fear.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Franky has a surprising little adventure one afternoon. He finds and captures a "womrat" out near the alchemy shop, bringing her home to keep. Her name is Sabrina. I don't think I've ever actually seen a rodent in this game. But they exist! Who knew! (Also, Franky runs all the way home--like, books it--with his new pet balanced perfectly on his open palm, which is swinging back and forth as arms do when people run. For some reason this is the funniest thing I've ever seen.)

Screenshot-37.jpg

After many hours of alchemy study, Peter finally learns the recipe for the supernatural elixir he needs. He's still a ways away from gathering all the ingredients (and writing from the future, I can say he is so much farther away than I ever imagined LOL), but now he knows what he needs to do. His goal is in sight! Kind of!

Screenshot-10.jpg

I catch a genuinely sweet moment between Shantell and her grandsons. Look, they're actually having a pleasant conversation! Even Theo looks happy. Nobody's berating anybody's ignorance or mocking anybody's outfit.

Screenshot-12.jpg

"I'm glad we've had this moment of happiness, boys. Remember this when I'm gone, okay?"

Screenshot-13.jpg

Theo: "What does she mean by THAT, Gill?"
Gilbert: "Beats me."

Screenshot-14.jpg

Theo: "Oh. Oh NO!"

Screenshot-21.jpg

Oh, yes. The whole family struggles to fit inside the bedroom, as per usual. Georgiana lets out a shriek of sorrow. But as sad as this is, I'm low-key dancing in my seat. Do you know what this means?! We can move Lisette into the household! Green babies are in the future!

Screenshot-25.jpg

"NOOOOO! Grim, please! 113 days isn't enough time! My grandson can wait a few more weeks to ask his girlfriend to move in! PLEASE!"

Thankfully, Grim doesn't oblige. Shantell, you were a lovely addition to the household, and I'll always remember when you marveled over a plant for the first time, and you will be missed, but IT IS YOUR TIME. NOW GO.

Screenshot-28.jpg

Wait, Snow White, what are you doing...?

Screenshot-29.jpg

"You may not take my human, sir!"

NO! SNOW WHITE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Screenshot-31.jpg

Well. That did not exactly go as planned. (It takes me a minute to even fully realize what happened, because the bedroom is too crowded so the resurrection happens in the hallway off-camera.)

Screenshot-34.jpg

Shantell: "Yesss, I've returned! I can delay the family's move to the next town!"
Peter: "That's great, Grandma. That's really great."

So um...yeah. Everybody goes to bed and I have a teeny bit of a crisis. I'd been wondering what to do if Shantell were to live much longer, and I had many different ridiculous possibilities spinning in my head. Like, should I bring her to the next town and forget about bringing Lisette? Leave somebody else behind in Hidden Springs--maybe Theo and Christine? Install a mod to temporarily increase the household limit to 9 sims and remove it again once we get settled in the next town? Force death upon Shantell myself and hope the cat doesn't save her twice?!

Screenshot-44.jpg

When Shantell wakes up, she has a bit of an epiphany. She's been offered a second chance at life, yes, but some of her loved ones--her grandsons--are still on their FIRST chance. And if Gilbert wants to bring his green girlfriend along to the next town, Shantell needs to leave the picture somehow. After some fitful dreams about meteors and drownings, Shantell understands this. And she understands that she doesn't really want to die again. It wasn't fun.

So she gets dressed and scoops up Snow White.

Screenshot-46.jpg

"What do you say we have a little adventure of our own, pretty kitty?"

Screenshot-49.jpg

And so, Shantell and Snow White move out of the household and into a beautiful cottage on the other side of Hidden Springs. I'm a little worried that doing this will break the family tree, which is the main reason I didn't do it earlier. (Spoiler alert: It does. Now the family tree goes back to Colin and no further.) But after all this hubbub, I think it's worth the risk. Shantell and Snow White, our useless but beloved elders, shall live on indefinitely in Hidden Springs while the rest of the family moves on. Touching, no?

Screenshot-52.jpg

And they won't be alone. This cute-as-heck cottage is where Ellinor lives! I'm not sure how she feels about her mother and her cat moving in all of a sudden...

"Whatever. I'm going to work."

That's my Ellinor.

Screenshot-72.jpg

With a household space successfully freed, Lisette joins the family (via cheats because she's still a teen). I go so far as to change her hairstyle before I realize that she's aging up right now anyway, so there's no point.

Screenshot-79.jpg

Yes, Gilbert and Lisette are both aging up early--Gilbert 5 days early, Lisette closer to 8. I don't normally do this, but I had a moment of weakness where I was like "But what if I made the wrong decision when I chose Peter as the heir?!" and I wanted to see what Gilbert's final trait was. That's pretty much the only reason.

Screenshot-82.jpg

Lisette goes next.

Screenshot-84.jpg

See, why did I even bother changing the hair?

Screenshot-88.jpg

Gilbert's final trait confirms that I made the right decision. He's now Adventurous! As a Brave, Rebellious, Childish Loner, he's perfectly suited to spend the rest of his life exploring tombs and hunting treasure by himself (with a couple of toys in his inventory for when he needs a break). All of a sudden his traits come together cohesively into an actually believable personality. I don't think he would have been happy as heir (though he probably would have done okay). His LTW, accordingly, is The Great Explorer. :)

Screenshot-90.jpg

Lisette's traits are Clumsy, Virtuoso, Excitable, Coward, and Handy. She likes Chinese music, Tri-Tip Steak, and the color white, and her LTW is to be a Rock Star. She may not be tagging along on any of Gilbert's expeditions due to that Coward trait, but she can have some adventures of her own as a musician and stuff.

We're almost ready to move to the next town. One more quick wrap-up chapter, and then off we go!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »
Chapter 64 - I Don't Want To Leave

Screenshot-93.jpg

Lisette's first act as a new member of the household is to accept the gift of Felicity's green guitar from Shantell's inventory (which has been merged with Georgiana's inventory). I mean, she's green. The guitar is green. It's just math.

Screenshot-98.jpg

She and Gilbert still like to grope each other like teenagers, and they happily do so before the backdrop of the mountains that we're about to leave forever. *cries*

Screenshot-101.jpg

I think it's about time they got married, don't you? You know, now that they've been young adults for five minutes and were children only a week ago.

Screenshot-103.jpg

I'll say this about Lisette. With those slightly alien-ish eyes, she has the BEST surprised face. :D

Screenshot-107.jpg

It's so good I take multiple screenshots of it, for some reason. And because I don't have a lot of screenshots for this chapter anyway, here, have another one!

Screenshot-109.jpg

Gilbert and Lisette get married right there in the backyard. Man, I'm going to miss this town. Even the most random spots are breathtakingly scenic.

Screenshot-113.jpg

Screenshot-116.jpg

Congratulations to yet another new Mr. and Mrs. Loveland!

Screenshot-117.jpg

I must say, I got the timing of this down PAT. Seconds after their quick little wedding is over, the newlyweds spin into their graduation outfits. Phew! Side note: Gill looks completely unrecognizable in a sideways baseball hat.

Screenshot-120.jpg

The whole family runs down to City Hall and suffers the usual difficulties in getting up the steps. (Note to self: change Anastasia's formal wear.)

Screenshot-125.jpg

Gilbert graduates with Honors and is voted, um, Most Likely to Never Leave the House? I guess his classmates missed the memo on his new Adventurous trait.

Screenshot-129.jpg

Lisette graduates with Merit and is voted Most Likely to Become a Rock Star. I'd say that's accurate.

Screenshot-133.jpg

As the family heads home, they catch a final glimpse of Ellinor on her way to, um, work, I guess.

"Hey, sis!" (Dear Lord, I originally wrote "Mom". :o ) "Heard you guys are leaving for the next town soon. Send me a postcard, okay?"

Screenshot-135.jpg

"I mean, I haven't talked to you in forty years...but sure. I will."
"Thanks, sis. And thanks for dumping Mom and the cat on me. I love having a house full of cat fur and the aura of impending death."
"My pleasure."

Screenshot-141.jpg

Phew! I think we're finally ready to ship off to the next town. (Note Georgiana clutching a book. I swear that was not my doing.)

Screenshot-144.jpg

Before we go, though, Christine and Anastasia have to have one last argument. *sigh*

Screenshot-146.jpg

And Peter has to find out where they're going.

Screenshot-150.jpg

Before Peter can impart the news to his family members, an unexpected figure dashes through the yard. It's a wild horse! I think it might be the same one that appeared way back at the start of this generation!

Screenshot-152.jpg

And that's when I remember that we need to get Theo a horse. He is an Equestrian, after all.

Screenshot-155.jpg

But alas, it wasn't meant to be--not for this horse, anyway. Theo can't interact with this horse at all; there's some sort of glitch that cancels any interactions he tries. Also, I check in Master Controller and discover that this horse is an elder due to die at any moment. I think it was just saying farewell, and promising to put in a good word with the horses in the next town. Or something.

We must say farewell too. Even though I really, really don't want to.

Screenshot-208.jpg

Farewell, Hidden Springs. *sobs*

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »
You can reattach the rest of the family manually with MasterController if we're cursed with flirty ghosts (ugh!) but Shantell was a real trooper at the wrongest of times. I usually get three days out of a pet rescuing someone from death before it hits again but I understand being extremely bored. :P

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
In my Farmacy I was taken completely by surprise when Flynn the cat saved my Founder Brooke from Grim, I had no idea that animals could even do that! But it only lasted 24 hours and she was gone again. :(

But I wasn't waiting on a space for the family to move, either.

In my TJ game, I did what you did, left grandparent/s behind, as long-lived fairy heirs would delay moving, like forever!!! lol
Especially since in the 4th gen the spouse used a genie lamp and wished for long life, something I had no idea continued on through the rest of the family heirs!
So now double life spans for everyone, including the fairies, making it imperative for those couples to stay in the 3rd town.

Congratulations to everyone and I too will miss Hidden Springs, in your story and mine!
Though I still have over two weeks to go until the heirs age up and one gets chosen.

Sometimes heirship is a very hard decision, but I think it always works out for the best.
Gill would have been a very unhappy heir to have to put aside having adventures to focus on heirship.
This way he gets to follow his heart and leave heirship to his big brother. :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »
It's sad to leave Shantell behind but I'm very glad that all three couples will have a chance to continue the Loveland line in the next town (which can't possibly be as beautiful as Hidden Springs.  I haven't played there for a while and always forget how gorgeous the scenery is.)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2020, 03:12:12 PM »
You can reattach the rest of the family manually with MasterController if we're cursed with flirty ghosts (ugh!) but Shantell was a real trooper at the wrongest of times. I usually get three days out of a pet rescuing someone from death before it hits again but I understand being extremely bored.

I'll have to look into that! I'm pretty sure I still have all the graves in the family inventory.

In my Farmacy I was taken completely by surprise when Flynn the cat saved my Founder Brooke from Grim, I had no idea that animals could even do that! But it only lasted 24 hours and she was gone again. :(

But I wasn't waiting on a space for the family to move, either.

In my TJ game, I did what you did, left grandparent/s behind, as long-lived fairy heirs would delay moving, like forever!!! lol
Especially since in the 4th gen the spouse used a genie lamp and wished for long life, something I had no idea continued on through the rest of the family heirs!
So now double life spans for everyone, including the fairies, making it imperative for those couples to stay in the 3rd town.

Congratulations to everyone and I too will miss Hidden Springs, in your story and mine!
Though I still have over two weeks to go until the heirs age up and one gets chosen.

Sometimes heirship is a very hard decision, but I think it always works out for the best.
Gill would have been a very unhappy heir to have to put aside having adventures to focus on heirship.
This way he gets to follow his heart and leave heirship to his big brother.

I didn't really know that pets could save humans either. I think I'd read about it once a long time ago, but completely forgot about it and never saw it happen. It was a shock to be sure!

Deciding on the heir is SO hard! Some generations it's clear from the beginning, but others it's not. I actually got really stressed about it this generation so I'm going to try and be more low-key about it from now on lol.

I'm so glad you agree about Gilbert though! He deserves to go gallivanting around the globe without the restraints of an RTJ heirship. :) And he'll still be around in the next town, so you'll see him again.

It's sad to leave Shantell behind but I'm very glad that all three couples will have a chance to continue the Loveland line in the next town (which can't possibly be as beautiful as Hidden Springs.  I haven't played there for a while and always forget how gorgeous the scenery is.)

Yeah, Hidden Springs is probably the most beautiful town I've ever played in. The next one is lovely too, though (and one of my favorites)--just in a completely different way. Like, basically the opposite.