Author Topic: 4AM wakeup  (Read 3414 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
4AM wakeup
« on: June 05, 2020, 12:11:45 PM »
Hello.  I've had this problem for a while and keep forgetting to ask about it until now.

My Sim keeps waking up at 4AM, no matter how little or how much sleep he gets.  This does not happen when my Sim travels.  I am sure there is an archived answer for this bug, but I am not sure where to look.  Was (Is) there any way to rectify this?  Thanks in advance.

Skip

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: 4AM wakeup
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 04:24:44 PM »
I've not had that problem before but two things come to mind. Is there an alarm clock in the room or does the sim have an early work shift?

I know my school age kids wake up at 7, an hour before the school bus arrives, as do sims who have jobs that start early in the morning.

Or maybe your sim is a light sleeper and wild horses or deer are running through the lot at that time?

If it's neither of those, have you tried buying a different bed, or sleeping in a different room?

If you have NRaas Master Controller, you could always reset the sim, the lot, or the town, to see if that helps.

I did a little research about the issue and also found this information:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sim-wakes-up-every-morning-at-4-am.html

Let me know if any of that helps and if not, we can research it some more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 11:12:34 AM »
deedee_828, thanks for the response and advice.  I moved my Sim out and back in and it worked.  Thanks again.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:14:12 PM »
this is happening to me as well. it's very annoying and no matter how late i send my sim to bed, it's a 4am wake up. is this some kinda bug?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 11:43:14 PM »
Yes the the 4am wake up is a bug.

The fix for it is to move your family out and then back in again.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:25:38 PM »
vert annoying! in some of my games it's the 3am hour. and the time sticks for a few seconds before the clock starts up again. its becoming very NOT fun to play this game lately and i have played for over 5000 hours!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Try moving your family out and back in again to see if that helps?

I had a odd bug happen in my game recently where the mailbox wouldn't allow me to set static needs.  What I ended up doing is move my family out to the clipboard and saved my house to the library. Bulldozed the lot and then replaced the house.

It was a little bit of a pain, but I'm happy I did that as it gave me back the option to set static needs.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 05:51:35 PM »
i have the mailbox issue as well. i can get bills, but not letters from friends. i will try it but i hate it and you're right it is a pain. lol thanks mrs flynn for all of your suggestions!  be safe!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »
You're welcome!! :)

Oddly that's my first time getting the mailbox issue, like -ever-, so it hit me by surprise. I'm happy I was able to find a fix for it.

Yeah, I was able to get bills, but no letters.

Hopefully the suggestions will help you in your game too!!

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 11:14:50 PM »
thanks and i hope so too. it's worth a try

anything