Author Topic: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer  (Read 7761 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »
I have a question. This pack has an official partner outside of EA/Maxis, in Lucasfilms. I have see info about this pack from them. So far nothing that Maxis has not also released. But the fact is they are marketing the pack and may in the future release relevant information in the future.

I know there is a rule about only posting information from official EA/Maxis sources like the SimGurus and Carl's Guides. Dealing with this pack would official Lucasfilms sources be considered an official source sharable here?

Thanks.

I read an article on The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack they talk to VP Lucasfilms Games and Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/

A fun article from the Washington Post

Now when asked about townies and walkbys SimGuru Ninja said, "Nothing to worry about."

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1299149691460829184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299149691460829184%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.thesims.com%2Fen_US%2Fdiscussion%2F980350%2Fsw-journey-to-batuu-simguru-maxis-sourced-info

I hope they have confined Star Wars townies and outfits to it's destination world if the player doesn't drag that world home at least.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »
Now when asked about townies and walkbys SimGuru Ninja said, "Nothing to worry about."

I hope they have confined Star Wars townies and outfits to it's destination world if the player doesn't drag that world home at least.

I'll believe it when I (don't) see it!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »

I'll believe it when I (don't) see it!
Same here. It is my biggest concern about the pack. A Storm Trooper standing guard at the beach does not sound fun.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
So has there been anything about where this falls in the Star Wars timeline?  In TS4, there is no timeline, but for Star Wars the timeline is everything.  So to bring Kylo Ren, Rey, and the Millennium Falcon together, it's after Episode 7 but before Episode 9.  The Washington Post article calls her Rey Skywalker, but she didn't start calling herself that till the end of Episode 9.  She better not be carrying a yellow lightsaber!

Come to think of it, there is no gap between 7 and 8.  7 ends with Luke and Rey staring at each other, 8 begins with him training her.  I'm not into Star Wars enough to know what other stories have come out set between 8 and 9.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2020, 06:11:07 PM »
I haven't seen anything official yet but in the trailer at 1:07 Rey is wielding a blue lightsaber and she has the Millennium Falcon. Plus Ren is still dark side, living and his face mask is restored at 0:04 in the trailer, so i am guessing it is between 8 and 9. But I doubt this pack is cannon so the exact time isn't that important. Also the pack is based on Disney theme park attraction Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and it is after Last Jedi but before Rise of Skywalker at least for now. So while there is no official answer I seen, given the attraction it is based on, and the clues from the trailer it is placed between episodes 8 and 9 is a safe bet. @Brian_Z does that help?

Rewatching the trailer I noticed something cool, Vi Moradi gave the main protagonist of the trailer a mission to steal a Tie(:58). The it shows her doing sneaking around to do so (1:09). Withe the ship taking off at (1:11) with the Stormtrooper reacting to the theft (1:12). Maybe the ships are for more than show? Maybe we can actually steal them in a rabbithole kinda way?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »
I bet if I look it up, I'd be amazed how much stuff has emerged to fill in the gap between 8 and 9.  But yeah, being "not canon" does make sense- Kylo's still getting his mask welded back together in Episode 9, isn't he?  Unless he's just getting some sort of upgrade done or something...

It does look like you've made off with that ship, doesn't it?  And the trailer makes it look like a dream your sim has, but like one of those dreams in movies where the protaganist wakes up and has a souvenir from it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 07:27:40 PM »
@Brian_Z you are correct. And looking closed that isn't the repaired mask. There is no time line that the trailer fits. So that means This pack is from an alternate time line like legends (pre-Disney) but not legends.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2020, 06:44:10 AM »
SimGuruNinja probably meant 'Don't worry - Star Wars is going to be everywhere you look!' ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2020, 11:05:28 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/

A fun article from the Washington Post

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1299149691460829184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299149691460829184%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.thesims.com%2Fen_US%2Fdiscussion%2F980350%2Fsw-journey-to-batuu-simguru-maxis-sourced-info

Literally, that is the only way I would even consider this pack. Unlike my usual habit, I won't be buying on release day. The world is beautiful, but the Hermit and Selvadoradians already swarm my worlds once I visit those locations and I absolutely do not want Star Wars characters randomly showing up, nor do I want the clothing randomized for Townies. That said, I do love a good quest and new content, so I imagine I will buy it eventually after I see how it affects the rest of the game.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2020, 02:45:27 PM »
SimGuruNinja probably meant 'Don't worry - Star Wars is going to be everywhere you look!' ;D

@Nindigo   LOL!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about a deep dive? I been looking and I can't find anything. They only have 9 days till release. I have some concerns and seeing Windenburg stormtrooper free would increase the likelihood of them getting my money a thousand fold.

Also has anyone heard if the gamechangers are getting the packs early and going to be able to post before launch? Because until I see Windenburg and the like minus twi'leks I am not going to buy it. I love Star Wars but I don't every game tone Star Wars, if that makes sense.

Tweets have been silenced. Information is lacking on how and if this pack affects the rest of the game. Minus this info I am skipping this pack. The only tweets I have seen have regarding the trailer and the one I posted about. As pointed out saying not to worry isn't real information.

Lack of information about a pack is not a good thing for winning people over to buy the thing. Especially when the pack is so off the wall like this one.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 11:33:02 PM »
I've seen a ton of negative reactions to it, but for me, I kinda like it.. I'm on the fence about getting it, on the one hand it looks cool and fun etc, but on the other, how it interacts with the rest of the game will be different.. Droids, lightsabers - pretty interesting, outfits and world look good.. I'm looking forward to seeing play throughs of the pack when it releases.

I may get it on release, or I may just wait until people delve in and play it to see if it's a pack I want immediately or just sometime in the future.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »
Is it strange to be a woman and prefer Star Wars content over bunk beds and defurniturized babies?

Anyway, I look forward to see my goofball Duane wield a lightsaber. Playing the Sims can get too serious for me when it becomes all about realism. I have the most fun when something whacky or unexpected happens. Though I do recognize that Star Wars fans are probably niche among the whole of the Sims community, I hope a sense of humor will eventually save the day. I tend not to worry too much about the thought behind new content - whether it is a cash-grab thing or something more deep. Politics don't really interest me. I'm just happy to spend money on something I feel has the potential to entertain me.

I'm not a SW fan as such, but I am fond of the universe and especially the first movies. There is also an online mmorpg that both me and my husband have played extensively some years back. Also, I believe the first SW movie aired in or around my year of birth - 1979.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »
FWIW, there is a new trailer up on YouTube.

Looks like we can play either Resistance, First Order or .....SCOUNDREL!!!!!

Yeah, there will probably be a lot of boring missions, but I can always pretend I'm Ban Solo. Han's not as cool or successful brother. Or maybe Uncle.