Author Topic: Is it possible to have quads in The Sims 3?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
Is it possible to have quads in The Sims 3?
« on: October 14, 2020, 09:01:50 AM »
I know you can have twins, and triplets in The Sims 3. But what about quads in The Sims 3? I have the master controller mod.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is it possible to have quads in The Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »
I think I've heard of Sims having 4 babies at the same time, but I'm not sure what all goes into making that happen. It may be a mix of traits, rewards and mods.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 06:12:50 PM »
Twins and Triplets are part of the Sims 3 mechanic but having them can depend on traits, family-oriented specifically, as well as if one or both of the partners have the fertility reward that you can buy with lifetime happiness points, 10,000 of them, if I remember correctly.

Listening to kid's music on the radio and watching kid's TV, can also increase the chances of having multiples.

But the sims also have to have space in their home, unless you play with mods.

I play with NRaas Master Controller(MC) as well as NRaas Story Progression (SP), and I've had former active sims who've moved out of the main house have, with both partners having the fertility reward, triplets, all fairies in my case, as the mother was a fairy!

But with MC you can also Instant Baby anyone in town and it will then ask how many babies you want to give them!
I've never done more than 2, so I'm not sure if there is a limit with this or not.
But I do know it's possible to 'over stuff' any household if you set it to do so in SP.

Which is how my family-oriented sim had a third child, despite owning 6 or 7 pets!

I believe the Instant Baby pathway is MC>Basic>Instant Baby>
If you've clicked on a specific sim and followed the above path, it will then let you choose Sim B, the donor.
Which is how I typically use Instant Baby.

For the donor, I choose household, to have their spouse/partner be the father of their baby, but you can pretty much choose anyone, as far as I know.

I'm sure others that love and play large families may have other tips and tricks for you too. :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 09:09:23 PM »
Both parents having Fertility Treatment is normally the instant triplet formula. I had it fail when I wanted twins in a house with only two slots left, and somehow mum only had a singleton. It wasn't a secret household space issue, because I was able to make up for it with an adoption an hour later. I'm very curious if there's a "triplets or bust" phenomena with the double fertility treatment thing.

And "Instant Baby" has no limits, there was a semi-viral piece of Sims 3 memery where someone made 100 at a time with it and regretted everything.

If you want "natural" quads, it's a function that comes with NRaas Woohooer.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 02:36:54 AM »
Um, wanted to add that using Instant Baby can cause that baby to look faulty. I have used it one time a long while ago. The baby had black skin and looked nothing like its parents.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 02:26:13 AM »
And you actually chose the parents as the donors!?! That's a new one for me! I instant babied a child when I wanted an inactive to have twins and she only had a single. I clicked on her and chose the father as her husband, lol, I'm funny that way. Anyway, the single 'natural' birth child was a witch just like the mom, but his instant baby 'twin' was a witch/fairy hybrid, taking after mom and his grandmother! I was quite pleased. :)

I've actually Instant Babied quite a few inactives throughout my Town Jump game and they always seem to look like one parent or another or a combo, and even grandparents if they live in town.

Now the one exception to this wasn't actually an instant baby nooboo, but a pollination event where the mother was an IF made real and the father was a young adult Nervous Subject when I was in Midnight Hollow. Their daughter was definitely an ebony color and didn't look like either of her parents or her grandmother! But the backstory for Nervous Subject's mother, Olive Specter is that Grim is Nervous' father.

I think I have a photo of her. If I find I'll add it to this post.

Found it.

And now that I see her photo you can definitely see she's part IF as she got her mother's brilliant IF turquoise colored eyes.

The genetics in Midnight Hollow was sure an eye opener for me because I thought the pale skin was just a unique feature of the town.

So I was shocked when my TJ heir who inherited her father's pale skin had twins, one grey and one ebony!
It turned out that both my heir and her father weren't just pale but on the extreme light end of the white/black slider.

So maybe Nervous Subject is too?

Nindigo, do you remember who your parents were of that unexpected Instant Baby?

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 02:52:48 AM »
@deedee_828: Hmm, no. But it happened in Dragon Valley. The parents were homeless premades. I recall giving all of them a home, as I wanted to explore their genetics (g-nerd back then, too!).
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything