Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 34461 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »
Lying to girls to chat them up is not admirable behavior, naughty Hank.

Well Pauline blew a mini gasket, lets see how much more of one she blows when she watches that film LOL

Caitlin setting her cap for a married fella, scandalous! But hey, whatever get people through the door, bad publicity is still publicity

Great updates.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
Bad Hank, Bad!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
I really like Hank, in a masochistic sort of way.  He reminds me of every frat boy I ever met all rolled up into one.  I think his heart is in the right place even if a he wishes a few other body parts weren't...  ;)

Wooooot, go Cait!  Thornton is a great catch - especially if you get him to wax his eyebrows and shave his sideburns!  You're both going to have to get over your anti-nooboo sentiments, though, if you want to get this dynasty off the ground.

Awesome update as always!  I'll be anxiously awaiting the start of Chapter 8!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
Bad, Hank, as always, BAD! >:(
Way. To. Go. Cait! Well done. You managed to snag one of the most handsome SV bachelors! Now go make nooboos.
Awesome, awesome update, Phyre! Brill. Just brill. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
I am already having withdrawls from this story...I miss it. Can't wait for the next update. :D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »
Chapter 8: After Effects

Entry 40
     Dear Erik,

Remember when Pauline called me last time I wrote to you? You'll never guess what she
     wanted. I'd never have guessed what she wanted.

She wanted me. Me!

For various Birthday celebrations, eventually culminating in a Birthday party. A party!
     You'd never have guessed that, would you? Well, minor consolation; I know how that
     feels.

A party...

And Pauline even managed to play it so I wouldn't get mad.

However, next time (and heaven forbid there be one), I won't be so naive, or so forgiving.
     I'll take matters into my own hands! Apparently telling someone over and over again that
     you do not want a party isn't enough. There's really no one out there that will honour your
     wishes except yourself.

I should've known that...

The only upside about this whole ordeal is that it seems to have greatly effected all of the
     others; Pauline, Caitlin, even Hank. Not really in a positive manner, but it turned out
     positive for me! This morning it was time for our second weekly House Deliberation. No
     matter how you look at it, there wasn't much deliberating. I will recount the meeting for
     you because I simply lack the words to describe it properly.

'What's this supposed to mean? We're supposed to have our second House Deliberation
     this morning! Why aren't you all inside?'
     'Because we're all very outdoorsy.'
     'Thank you for stating the obvious Hank, but that still doesn't explain what you are all
     doing
here. On a... a picnic.'
     'We have no garden furniture.'
     'Of course... We have no garden furniture.
So why aren't you in the dining room?!'
     'We're all very outdoorsy.'
     'Great. Caitlin! You say something!'
     'Hmm? What?'
     'Say something!'
     'About what?'
     'You're joking.'
     'Nes. Quit that grumpitude and put your butt down! I'm in a really bad mood and you're
     starting to make it worse, so shut it and eat!'
     'Isn't my woman feisty?!'
     'Oh you
really have to shut it Hank!'
     'Why? What did.... Ok. Ok. I'm quiet already! You don't have to look at me like that.'
     'Guys, can't we all just go inside? I'm really not comfortable sitting on the ground, all the
     ants and the...'
     'Agnes.
Sit!'

'I know what you want to discuss this second House Deliberation Agnes! You want to talk
     about my Photography.'
     'That's one of the points on my agenda, yes.'
     '
One of your points? Unbelievable! I have a lot of work to do so can we get this
     started and hurry up. Yes? Thank you!'
     'Pauline what has gotten i... Ok. I'll start! Hank. You are currently the only one without a
     job. As I have said time and time again; we need money. If you've become skilled with a
     camera, why haven't you registered yourself as a Photographer and sold your
     photographs yet?'
     'Well, it's like this, photographing all day long just isn't for me. If I employ myself as a
     Photographer I will have to do that, and I really don't want to. Simple!'
     'I see. So you'd have no problems being a Photographer if you
don't have to take
     pictures all day long?'
     'No. Not really no. I can take a few pictures each day, sell them, but not
all day!'
     'Alright, then we do it your way. Can I count on you to go to City Hall later?'
     'Sure! Sure! No problem.'

'That just leaves us to find you something else to do the rest of the day.'
     'Wait! What? No. No! That was not what I meant by that. Not at all! I can't work all day
     long; a guy needs time for himself, you know!'
     'No Hank, actually I don't know. None of us gets much time for themselves so I don't see
     why you should. We live in this house together, we want to pursue an institute together,
     that means there has to be a
collective effort to achieve that and a part-time job
     does not add up to your share of things. Isn't that right Caitlin?'
     'Hmm? What?'
     'Are you even
listening? Isn't it right that it must be a collective effort?'
     'Collective effort. Sure. Yea! Completely true!'
     'You see Hank, you need to fill up your day to make us money just like the rest of us. How
     about you dedicate the rest of your time to
fishing. Saves us money and makes us
     money at the same time!'
     'Fishing. No! I hate fishing. I hate to work all day. I really don't think I'll...'
     'Hank! You
listen for once; you will go fishing. Do I make myself clear?!'
     'Yes Ine. You do.'

'...'

'Ok. To continue. Now we've arranged the matter of Hank's contributions to this
     household, I wish to discuss what to do once our money flow starts to increase. We have
     to be very careful about what to do with our money. Setting up and maintaining an
     institute is not an easy thing to do, and we have to ensure that we can pay for the
     expenses at all times.'

'That is why I propose we invest in real estate. It's a very stable investment that will yield
     us income on a regular basis. The income won't fluctuate, which is crucial. In the event we
     can't get the money we need through our careers - since we're all self-employed - we will
     still have a solid, permanent, source of income as a buffer.'

'The downside to venue investments, however, is that we have to postpone the start of
     our institute. Especially in the beginning it will cost us more money than we get out of it.
     However, in the long run, I feel that this is the only real option there is if we are to be
     successful as an institute. I know you won't like this Caitlin, but I hope you will see the
     wisdom in my proposition. What do you say?'

'...'

'Caitlin? Where are your thoughts!'
     'What?'
     'Do you agree?'
     'To what?'
     '
My proposition! Sheesh Caitlin, I'm not talking for show here!'
     'Eh... Your proposition... Of course I agree! It's a
collective effort!'
     'Cate, do you know what you just..'
     'Of course she knows Hank! She said she agreed! What do you and Pauline say?'
     'Well, I don't...'
     'I do! Hank and I agree! Can we please be done with this all now? I have work to do!'
     'Of course Pauline, this was all I wanted to...
discuss today. Meeting dismissed. Hank, don't
     forget to employ yourself and buy a fishing rod while you're in the city! I'm going to go
     back to painting.'

'Who's going to clean up this mess?'
     'Hmm? Did you say something Pauline? Hey! Where did Agnes go?'
     'Yes I did Cate. I'm getting
very tired of you! You can clean this up Hank, after all,
     you had three servings while the rest of us didn't eat anything.'
     'But...'
     'No "buts", just do it!'
     'Ine, what did...'

I didn't hear anything else, I was too far towards the house by then. Do you see what
     I mean? None of them were acting like themselves. I wonder what happened at the party
     that could've made them act like this.

Oh well...

Not my concern. All my wishes came true for once. We're back on track darling!

With all my heart,
     Your Agnes    

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2011, 08:33:25 PM »
Ha ha! Pauline's sunny disposition is starting to sour, I don't think she cares for Hank's recent behavior either!

Great update, Agnes is quite the drill Sergent, she just rolls right over everyone to get what she wants.

Hmm, what could Caitlin be so distracted by, maybe a certain dapper fellow with sideburns LOL
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
This wouldn't have to do with Hank's "hobbies", now would it?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »
Perfect update!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »
Someone is finally WHIPPED! :D

That is what he gets.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
Chapter 9: Is This It?

Paragraph 1: Love Looks At Us And Sighs...

Entry 16
     Dear Diary,

Thornton is... Thornton is...

Sigh.

Thornton is so many things.

Bold. Brilliant. Charming. Eloquent. Fearless. Fantastic. Gorgeous. Magnetic. Perfect.
     Precious. Solid. Talented. Unique. Vivacious. Wonderful.

There aren't enough adjectives to describe him. He's... invigorating! I haven't felt this
     alive since I quit my job. Ok... Since I was forced to quit my job. Same thing! Don't rain
     on my parade now. I just can't stop thinking about him. Ever. Even when I sleep; he's
     there. In my dreams.

Since the party we've been seeing each other regularly after his work hours. That first day
     he invited me to join him on one of the more secluded beaches of Sunset Valley. It's the
     perfect spot. Rocky, overgrown cliffs on one side, the endless blue of the ocean on the
     other. The cries of the seagulls, and the repetitive sounds of the waves rolling onto the
     beach. The salty breeze playing with my hair... playing with his hair. It's the most
     beautiful, most peaceful place you can imagine.

And it's our place. And in that place, only that place exists.

I can completely let go of myself when I'm with him. It's all so carefree. We're just having
     fun, getting to know each other. I never imagined myself relinquishing control like this,
     but I can't help it. His presence alone makes my knees weak and my stomach flutter.

To him, I have no defense.

There are moments when I'm lucid enough to realize that. And then it scares me. I mean,
     look at what I just wrote! It's all so pink and so... sappy.

That's not me!

I'm the girl that clings to bulldozers. I'm the girl that sinks boats. I'm the girl that will
     save the world. I'm not the "endless blue of the ocean" type! "What's happening to me?",
     that's what I ask myself a lot in those moments. Am I losing myself?

But then I look at him. Talking. Joking. Tousling his hair. And I'm endlessly fascinated by
     the littlest movements. I hang on his every word.

I'm infatuated.

I'll watch how his lips move when he speaks, how he scratches his head when he can't
     remember something. How he rolls his eyes, or how he grins crookedly. And I feel as
     though they're the most important movements ever made, by anyone, and I shouldn't
     miss a thing.

Sometimes he'll lean a little closer, and I'll feel as if I'm going insane. He'll be so close I
     can see the texture of his skin, the slight curls in his hair. When those deep, dark, eyes
     are so close to mine. When I can smell nothing but his aftershave, not even the brine of
     the ocean. Then I feel as if I'm going insane.

He's intoxicating.

It's the most frightening feeling I've ever experienced. Yet I don't ever want it to end.

And even though I can feel myself disappearing. Even though I know that that should
     upset me. When he has long since gone home, back to his wife, I can only think of one
     thing.

Does he feel for me what I feel for him? Or is this platonic friendship all there is?

Love is elation, like an oration. Love speaks to us in tongues.
     Natural as teething. Simple as breathing, air in the love-starved lungs.
     Love looks at us and sighs...

Authors Note: My sincere apologies that updates have been so slow. The summer holiday is coming up, which is always a very busy time; trying to finish things before everyone takes time off work to get that tan! I'm afraid that the coming three weeks will be similarly busy. However, after that I have vacation time of my own and I'll be able to spend more time on my Dynasty and the updates.

As always, I want to thank everyone for being an awesome audience; your readership, comments, and support is making every update a party! So thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my story!

Natsuko

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
Beautiful entry! Hopefully Thorton's crushing on Caitlen to! ;)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
Wow, that was an amazing piece of writing right there. :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
Aww.. Caitlin falling (kicking and screaming) in love is so sweet! I love your writing, great job as usual.

That beach is really pretty at sunset.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

anything