Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 33804 times)

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
Chapter 3: Proverbs Run In Pairs

Paragraph 2: Mambo Number 5

Digital Diary

of Hank the Man!

Not really a diary though...

Property of:
                                                                                  Hank Goddard

Entry 1
     Right,

Catie gave me a diary. Not a clue what I should be doing with it. I'm not the writing type:
     I'm a man of action! I can always draw though... maybe about the glorious turn my life's
     made.

Before:

After:

Let's SING!

A little bit of Pauline in my life,
     A little bit of Caitlin by my side,
     A little bit of Agnes' all I need,
     A little bit of -umpf- is all I see,
     A little bit of wealth right in the sun,
     A little bit of whoohoo all night long,
     A little bit of "Hey Girls!" here I am,
     A little bit of them makes Hank the Man!!!!!!!!

Whaaaa! Tu-tu-du-du-tututu-du-du-du!

My life's goooooood!    

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »
I think Hank "Head in the Clouds" Goddard is about to be introduced to a little bitter reality about what it's really like to live with 3 women, after a week everything will always be his fault LOL

I love the song reference, funny parody ;)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
That was awesome!!! Oh my, what a fantastic portrayal of the commitment issues trait. Juxt is right though, Hank the Man is in for a rude awakening!

I'm curious where paragraph 1 is.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
Chpt 3 Paragraph 1 was Pauline's entry ;)

Aww, commitment issues, yes, that explains a lot, I didn't relaize he had those LOL
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
That was awesome!!! Oh my, what a fantastic portrayal of the commitment issues trait. Juxt is right though, Hank the Man is in for a rude awakening!

I'm curious where paragraph 1 is.

Paragraph 1 is on page 3, the direct link is here. It was the update with Pauline's first diary entry. I see Juxta already beat me to the punch though!

And yes, I've got a feeling your and Juxta's predictions will come true - Hank will probably feel under-appreciated in no time!

Aww, commitment issues, yes, that explains a lot, I didn't relaize he had those LOL

He has commitments issues yep - quite severe ones too! :P

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
Sooo hmmmm. Will Caitlin steal Hank? I know my Dynasty Did.  :D He has some strong Genes though.  :-X
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
Haha! Hank's song is very funny!  :D
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:27 PM »
I wouldn't want Cait and Pauline's friendship to be ruined... :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 02:33:12 AM »
I wouldn't want Cait and Pauline's friendship to be ruined... :(

Who says that Pauline has to know?  :P In the Dynasty Rules it doesn't say they have to be married just in the same house to produce the next generation.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »
Sooo hmmmm. Will Caitlin steal Hank? I know my Dynasty Did.  :D He has some strong Genes though.  :-X

I'm not saying anything :-X No clues as to what's going to happen next - everything will unfold in due time! :D

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments I keep receiving! The fact that so many people are enjoying my story makes writing it - and pushing for updates - even more fun for me (if that's even possible - so far I've been having a blast with my dynasty!).

On that note: the house is definitely coming along. After a lot of building, "step-backwarding" and more building, I finally settled with an exterior design I'm happy with - for now :P It took me such a long time because I did not want to start small and keep expanding the house when necessity called for it. I find that this often gives me a rather un-designed house, and that's not what I wanted for my dynasty. Hence I wanted to build a complete design from the start (where I can still expand, but then within the constraints of my design).

The good thing about this approach is that I have very limited funds for the interior design, so a lot of already designed space won't be used until more money comes in. I find it easier to redesign interior than exterior space (and a lot cheaper!). I'm almost done decorating the social areas, after which only the private areas are left. Once that's done all my lot needs is some serious landscaping, and then I will finally be ready to continue playing my dynasty. An update won't have to wait that long though; Chapter 3 still has more paragraphs to tie my "Under Construction" period over!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »
Chapter 3: Proverbs Run In Pairs

Paragraph 3: Life Of The Widowed

Letters to Erik

from your Aggie

Now with a new cover...

Property of:
                                                                                             Agnes Crumplebottom

Entry 37
     Dear Erik,

Sorry for not writing you sooner dear.

I've been overwhelmed with work ever since I went to Caitlin's "Environment Meeting".
     Not that it actually qualified as a meeting, it more closely resembled "The Caitlin Show".
     Just what I'd expected of course; she thinks she's so perfect. I hope it made her
     think when only two people showed up. Well, two people and me to be precise, but I did
     not attend to join her cause. I think she somehow sensed that, I've never seen a
     person with worse manners!

I took no notice of that though and got exactly what I came for.

Out of all the ideas I've been running through since you died this one has the best chance
     to succeed. The downside is that I'll have to deal with Caitlin - the little brat - but I will
     endure. For you. For me. For us.

Luckily it's not just me and Caitlin, thank goodness, two other people joined her cause
     when I did. I am absolutely baffled why anyone would want to help her but apparently
     these two do. Pauline is a very sweet girl - I think we'll get along. Her boyfriend, Hank, is
     another matter though.

He seemed nice enough, a bit of a failed Casanova, but otherwise nice enough. He even
     offered to help me shop for groceries the other day. Pleasantly surprised I let him come
     along - big mistake! Oh, he was very helpful all through the grocery shopping, but when
     we were finished he handed me a flower and confessed he had a "surprise" for me.

I know you taught me never to accept anything from strangers, but it has been a
     while since anyone's been attentive to me so I felt strangely flattered and my curiosity got
     the better of me.

He left me at the salon.

I went in.

I went out:

Isn't that just to cry about...

If I could lift it; I'd throw something heavy at his head! I look so young now, and so "hip".
     No one's got style anymore these days and now I lost mine too. And they even dyed
     my hair! I'm so sorry sweetheart, I know you always loved the blond on me.

The only one Hank turned out to be surprising was himself! Now he won't stop looking at
     my behind!

We spent all our money on the new house though, which means I'll be condemned to this
     look for a while. They threw my old clothes out, called them "passé". And I can't afford new
     ones right now, or another dye-job for that matter.

My only solace is the knowledge that I finally found what's going to bring us happiness
     again. Just be patient a little while longer my dear; your Aggie's got it covered!

Forever Yours,
     Agnes

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 10:53:45 AM »
Agnes is pretty~! :D
I hope Pauline dumps Hank. >:(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 02:18:20 PM »
I hope Hank gets hen pecked by 3 strong women LOL Let the punishment fit the crime I say! LOL

Agnes may not be happy with her makeover, but I sure am!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »
Anges looks great! I don't know why she doesn't like it.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations