Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1630798 times)

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #6180 on: December 03, 2016, 02:19:16 AM »
Wow!  That kind of stuff seems like it happens a lot in TS3.  However, you, as the player, could choose not to accept the wish, similarly to how players may "x out" whims in TS4.  In both games, players could instruct the Sim to only use friendly socials.

Yeah of course, but sometimes its fun to create all sorts of drama :D!

And well. I got my black screen of death after a long time of no black screens of death T_T Just this isn't something new but In memoriam of an Aurora Skies park lot that I converted into a wedding venue that went' poof with the crash.

Sigh...there goes my arched diagonal bridge too :( I mean it was kinda ugly because it was too wide but man it took me ages....
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6181 on: December 03, 2016, 02:36:00 AM »
I like your wedding venue.  I wish you still had it, too :)!  I like that bridge. 

I like Sims with positive traits.  I don't like mean or evil Sims, but I understand that a lot of people want to put different characters and situations into their games.  It is totally up to each player.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6182 on: December 03, 2016, 02:50:08 AM »
I like your wedding venue.  I wish you still had it, too :)!  I like that bridge. 

I like Sims with positive traits.  I don't like mean or evil Sims, but I understand that a lot of people want to put different characters and situations into their games.  It is totally up to each player.

Yeah me too, I was really happy with it, especially the altar :(

Me too, but there are a lot of 'positive' traits that the game masks as negative! For example, kleptomaniac is one of the most fun traits there is, especially if you own ambitions and pair it with the detective carreer. My current legacy founder was a kleptomanic private eye who went around stealing cars from her every client :D Also in my last generation the husband (random townie) was a klepto, which I forgot, so whenever he'd be taking care of the horses on their ranch lot I'd get a notification "Kaj Goulding just stole something" and when I'd zoom in I'd see him standing next to an empty spot where a jump trainer for horses used to be.... Like Gosh darn Kaj, your wife owns this therefore you own this too and what on earth do you need the jump trainer for?! I like to think he was just trying to re-decorate...

Another really fun trait is neurotic. It adds a lot of character to your sims and it's actually very powerful. Whenever bad moodlets pile up your sim can freak out and get rid of every negative moodlet.

One also is insane. Insane sims bring the concept of free will to a new level, One of mine with the party animal trait tried to hold community lot parties without me prompting !

I have as my own rule in my newest legacy that I'll always randomize any traits on children, even if I was given the opportunity to choose them. It has made some very interesting combos, and it's made me discover a lot of fun new traits :D I like when my sims have personality. I love the absent minded trait too, even though it has no positives.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6183 on: December 03, 2016, 03:30:03 AM »
@Loconut --- Your descriptions of your Sims are awesome.  It does sound like a lot of fun.  I don't always select the same traits, but I don't know if I would like to play Sims with the klepto trait, for example --- although there are traits like evil, which is totally different.  However, that is just my preference.  Your Sim does sound like a fun guy, though.  He should have known that he already owned that object because his wife did --- lol 8).

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6184 on: December 04, 2016, 01:36:45 AM »
@Loconut --- Your descriptions of your Sims are awesome.  It does sound like a lot of fun.  I don't always select the same traits, but I don't know if I would like to play Sims with the klepto trait, for example --- although there are traits like evil, which is totally different.  However, that is just my preference.  Your Sim does sound like a fun guy, though.  He should have known that he already owned that object because his wife did --- lol 8).
He was a really goofy sim for sure. Brought me many a laughs.

Here's some silly screens of him:

Just chillin' while wife gets beaten by a burglar

shake that booty!

His face is my spirit animal

Seriously :D

He had lvl 10 riding skill...

Him making fun of his eldest child :p
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6185 on: December 04, 2016, 01:51:05 AM »
@Loconut --- I wish he could have the share the burden or lend moral support socials, as Sims 4 does.  Then, he would have tried to help his wife when the burglar started to beat her up.  However, TS3 has been interesting, so far :).  I think TS3 and TS4 have great little details and socials, etc., but they are very different games, in some ways.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6186 on: December 05, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »
@Loconut --- I wish he could have the share the burden or lend moral support socials, as Sims 4 does.  Then, he would have tried to help his wife when the burglar started to beat her up.  However, TS3 has been interesting, so far :).  I think TS3 and TS4 have great little details and socials, etc., but they are very different games, in some ways.

There are some social interactions they can do if a sim has a sad moodlet in TS3, they can be comforted or they can cry on shoulder etc. I've seen the option sometimes even without moodlets if their friend passed away etc. One time my sim went to cry on her dead spouse's ghosts shoulder because she died, that was sad xD

Mainly the sims cheer people on or freak out during burglar attacks, I just happened to snap a shot at him between actions :D
Blob.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6187 on: December 05, 2016, 06:46:21 PM »
@Loconut --- Those sound like great sad socials.  It's good to know that some Sims will help each other if a burglar breaks into their house :)!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6188 on: December 22, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »
Screenshot-24.jpg

I am still discovering TS3, and I love how one of the children (the older one) can look out the top of the treehouse 8)!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6189 on: December 22, 2016, 12:58:00 AM »
Screenshot-32.jpg
Time to swing on the swing set :).  I love that object in TS3!

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #6190 on: December 22, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »
Not a weird pic. But still weird.

In Starlight Shores, there's an household named "The Elson Family". No, not just Elson. but The Elson Family. As in, when you go play them it'd be "loading the The Elson Family household".  ??? THough maybe it's just that I went to see Oasis Landing and then went to see Starlight Shores back again, or just a "quirk" of my game  :o

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6191 on: December 22, 2016, 12:33:53 PM »

Something tells me she doesn't have the computer whiz trait.

I wonder if her ears are cold?

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #6192 on: December 25, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »
The dishwasher broke, so I called the repair woman. Midway through the process, she was electrocuted and dropped to the floor, dead! I've never seen repair people accidentally kill themselves while working!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #6193 on: December 25, 2016, 10:02:29 PM »
@Beezy: I've seen that happen before! It was in Bridgeport and a while ago, when I was less jaded and I was mortified. :P The devs have messed up with some NPCs and failed to give them relevant traits and skills. I think it might only happen with the original NPCs the town ships with.

(On a tangent, a similar mistake is why the Moonlight Falls police are notorious for not apprehending burglars. The original fairy policeman who sticks around forever doesn't have the necessary "Can Apprehend Burglar" hidden trait to apprehend a burglar with!)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #6194 on: December 26, 2016, 12:17:05 AM »
@Trip Yeah, it happened with an original NPC (I won't say what town she was from since it is a spoiler for my story) but I was really surprised when she fell to the floor. Funniest thing was that all of my sims were in the room when she was killed and didn't react at all. I've had plenty of repair people repair objects in puddles of water and walk away unharmed, so I don't know what happened with her. I need to look up her traits lol!

anything