Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352676 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #420 on: January 15, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »
I like this world! I've been playing it for a while now, and it's running very smoothly. I've just seen one very small issue: It seems that the mailbox outside the "Downtown Dorms" apartment building is facing the wrong way; at least my Sim couldn't use it until I went to edit the lot using a cheat and turned it around.

Thanks to all the creators who made the world! And thanks also for the website and forum; I really like all the guides on the main website.

Thanks for that info embre!  We'll be sure to take care of that in our update!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »
Thanks for that info embre!  We'll be sure to take care of that in our update!
And if there is going to be an update, when at the Grange I found a food truck park in the foundation. Not sure if it's meant to be there but there's no food truck coming.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2012, 05:56:26 AM »
Long time user of your tips & tricks, just joined the forum to say how much I LOVE this world!  I've become a fan of collaborative projects, as they always seem better than a single effort.  But this is the most amazing I've seen so far!  Posted the link on my favorite Facebook groups, and they were all thrilled with it also.  I've been playing a familiar family on one of the 20x30 lots, and been amazed by the scenery.  I didn't have neighbors to begin with, but they've moved in since.  Like I said, SCENERY!!!

I also had the kid get the scavenger hunt opportunity.  It almost seems like a cheat, a free collection helper.  But I was happy to notice, the spawners are very nicely laid out!  I have yet to complete the opportunity (danged game crashing.  My fault, not yours.), but I want to run to each of the spawning points to check out the scenery.  It's been so awesome so far!  I have no complaints about any of the lots I've visited yet, only that the poor kid has yet to sell anything at a bake sale.
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
Long time user of your tips & tricks, just joined the forum to say how much I LOVE this world!  I've become a fan of collaborative projects, as they always seem better than a single effort.  But this is the most amazing I've seen so far!  Posted the link on my favorite Facebook groups, and they were all thrilled with it also.  I've been playing a familiar family on one of the 20x30 lots, and been amazed by the scenery.  I didn't have neighbors to begin with, but they've moved in since.  Like I said, SCENERY!!!

I also had the kid get the scavenger hunt opportunity.  It almost seems like a cheat, a free collection helper.  But I was happy to notice, the spawners are very nicely laid out!  I have yet to complete the opportunity (danged game crashing.  My fault, not yours.), but I want to run to each of the spawning points to check out the scenery.  It's been so awesome so far!  I have no complaints about any of the lots I've visited yet, only that the poor kid has yet to sell anything at a bake sale.

Thank you very much! We set the goal for scenery to be as beautiful and interesting as possible, and I'm so glad to hear that we all share the similar taste when it comes to it ;D I'm specially happy to be able to get all the small animals too without adding spawners to the lots and keeping the number of them just right!

And if there is going to be an update, when at the Grange I found a food truck park in the foundation. Not sure if it's meant to be there but there's no food truck coming.

Thanks Gogo, we will. We would also appretiate if you find and report anything to solve before releasing a version with fixed little issues we noted so far.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2012, 02:12:17 AM »
I also have to minor things.

1. In the bio of Sunset Beach it says there is a hot tub but really there isn't.

2. In the Jones household bio it says the sim is called Ella but the sim is called Elle. Not sure which is right.

3. In one of the apartments' bio it says bz Ausette instead by.

These may just be small things but they would be good to be corrected for the next update.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
I also have to minor things.

1. In the bio of Sunset Beach it says there is a hot tub but really there isn't.

2. In the Jones household bio it says the sim is called Ella but the sim is called Elle. Not sure which is right.

3. In one of the apartments' bio it says bz Ausette instead by.

These may just be small things but they would be good to be corrected for the next update.

Thank you Gogo! Exactly the things I was looking for, and even if they are small and rarely noticed, they do contribute to the overall impression of the work done, and I appretiate you let me know about them!

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
My second time installing UC and might I say it has made a huge difference now that I lowered my settings.
Thanks for a beautiful world.  ;)
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
Just wondering, is there a maximum number of residents before the game lag becomes unbearable? My game seems to keep spawning NPC's for service sims and as it is, the town has around 140 residents. =O

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
There is a maximum per computer I think. After a few game days the SP will start lowering the Sim Count for you and get it to a level your computer can deal with.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #429 on: January 23, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »
Hi I have just down loaded Union Cove can not wait to play it .I will let you know how I get on  ;D

remiller66

« Reply #430 on: January 23, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
I just installed UC today and I have to say it is beautiful world! Ya'll did good work, thanks. I do have one quick question. I noticed that at the Slurred Speakeasy there is a urinal in the women's restroom and not one in the men's. Was it meant to be that way for some reason?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #431 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:24 PM »
Thank you remiller! And LOL no, doors are mixed up, women's restroom should be men's and vice versa. It is going to be fixed in upcoming update along with couple of other things that are reported and noticed (like floating poster, 2 floating trees, street light in driveway, parking space under fondation, typos in descriptions etc).
Glad you like it ;D

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #432 on: January 23, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »
Well I'm afraid I'm never gonna be able to play Union Cove. I was able to download the new patch on dial up but when I went to instail Union Cove it failed to instail.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2012, 09:57:23 AM »
Moonshadow, could you post here what kind of error you got when trying to install Union Cove?

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
and here comes old lurker/new member asking: so where are the martial arts stuff

anything