Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352840 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #435 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
and here comes old lurker/new member asking: so where are the martial arts stuff

Union Cove was made so that the Challenges on the Site would work with Union Cove and so we could not include any MA stuff.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #436 on: January 24, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »
and here comes old lurker/new member asking: so where are the martial arts stuff

In China  ;D Samoht already explained why there are none in UC, BUT there is a community lot just waiting for MA equipment to be placed, Zen Garden in Asian street.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline niamhxx

• Nooboo
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
how do u get union cove???

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #438 on: January 26, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
how do u get union cove???

You download it from the Guide, through either one of the mirrors, and the savefile if you don't have all of the EPs. Here is a link to the Union Cove page on the guide.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #439 on: January 26, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
I can't think of a better place to make my first post.
Lurked here for ages but I always got errors whenever I tried to make an account before.  For this thread I persevered!

Knowing the work you all put in on everything else, I just know this is going to be amazing. Thank you.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #440 on: January 26, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »
There is a problem with the Jungle Love Lounge.  The main dance floor has a strobe light in it and that light whites out the entire room.  You have to remove it to be able to see anything in there.  It is in the upper right hand corner of the room where the wall is at an angle.  It is on the floor and about in the middle of that wall section.  You have to go into edit town to remove it and then you can see and use that room the same as any other.  Of course, it's an item that will be fixed in our update.

For builders out there.  Don't use the strobe light!  It has done this white out thing repeatedly so I'm assuming it is a glitch in the programming, not just in Union Cove.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #441 on: January 26, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
I can't think of a better place to make my first post.
Lurked here for ages but I always got errors whenever I tried to make an account before.  For this thread I persevered!

Knowing the work you all put in on everything else, I just know this is going to be amazing. Thank you.

Thank you Wench! And welcome to our forum ;D

@Joria, I haven't had that happening in Joungle Love, or anywhere else ::) I will check it soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lcmsims

« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2012, 02:28:00 AM »
Long time lurker/new member just wanted to thank you for Union Cove, all your hard work has paid off it's a wonderful world and is now the only world I play   :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »
Long time lurker/new member just wanted to thank you for Union Cove, all your hard work has paid off it's a wonderful world and is now the only world I play   :D

Thank you lcmsims and welcome to our forum!
We are preparing updated version that should be easier to run and smoother to play with :)

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
Still loving and exploring this world.  Saved my Take 1, starting on Take 2 on a different lot.  Knocked down the military, replaced with one I'd built.  Not that I dislike yours, liked the obstacle course, but I like mine with the WA tomb traps instead!  ;)  Besides, it's rare to get more than 2 of the 64X64 lots in town to begin with, so military and stadium are usually the first to get ripped out in any world I play.  Curious how this is the first I've seen to NOT have a stadium on a 64x64!  I'll deal with it, otherwise I would have thrown down my own stadium/ sports bar.  Added a few houses I downloaded, a few community lots I built.  Picked a 20x30 lot and put down the favorite apartment I built.  Added a few bars and have maybe 5 subway stations in town now, one being at the apartment.  Added a second library, my own, because I can, and I felt like it.  Changed the Zen garden to a Chinese Garden, duh, it was asking for it, and added my Academy.  Debated if I'd throw my Nectary down, but went with a town garden which has a nectary (I suppose I could switch it), playground, and fishing spot instead.  Playing with my favorite mods and CC and restarting, now that I know the town a bit better.  But before, I was amused in my old game to see Liz Tuder carrying the kid my Sim gave her, and wearing an appropriate but hilarious Sex Pistols t-shirt!  I didn't know the (not so) Virgin Queen was into punk, though I do see her at the clubs often, dancing , drinking, and skinny dipping, LOL!  Also, my Sim seemed to have a gay thing for Velmoor, Barbie had a thing for my Sim (didn't know or care that he was bi, I guess), while my child girl was always chatting with teen boys online, and saying she had a school field trip on a Saturday (um, what?), then would run to either the Blue Fire Intrawebz Cafe or the library, and jump online again!  Ah, I love this game!  :D  And what a world to play it in!  I'm highly amused by pre-populated worlds to begin with, and the jokes and puns on this one are priceless!  Just installed some new mods and CC, going to see how take 2 of this world goes.  I've built other community lots I love, but they're just too heavy on CC, or don't fit the theme, so I gave them a pass this time around.  Still think this world is very nicely done!
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #445 on: January 27, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
I finally had an evening to myself to have a proper look around Union Cove.

It really is gorgeous, well done all of you!  The first time I log into one of the official worlds, I spend a little bit of time in edit town mode. I take a quick look at the houses and make a mental note of the one or two that appeal to me as possible future homes, make a note of any characters that sounded interesting and then explore with a sim I've created myself.   A month or two later, most of the houses I hated have been replaced and I've got a grasp of the storyline of the town.  This is the point where I try to convince myself yet again that I really should try creating a legacy.

Tonight I took my first look at Union Cove and found that the evening had flown past with me only looking at two or three lots, drooling over the gorgeous design of the rooms.  I've always found it difficult to like many of the lots in the official worlds, but I haven't found one that I don't like yet in Union Cove. 

Unlike most of you, while I've lurked here for a long time, I haven't read many of the legacy stories, so while a few names and storylines were familiar to me, most were not.  That hasn't reduced my enjoyment at all, as it gives me many new things to discover.  However it does leave me with one difficulty.  How will I ever manage to live in every single lot and play every single family?  I don't think I could bear to leave a single lot in Union Cove untasted!

Oh what a terrible dilemma!

:)

Thank you, it truly is beautiful.  I suspect that I am missing  a large part of the experience due to not having the pets expansion, but I can live with that ;)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #446 on: January 28, 2012, 05:32:37 AM »
Wow, thank you both Sciffy Circo and Wench!

Sciffy Circo, you shore played with it, and it sounds great! Could you share some pictures? Yeah, we have plenty of large lots, but stadium is not one of them. I left the Zen Garden as a small park because of the photography challenge where taking picture of it is paying well, but trow in martial arts equipment, few cherry trees and voila - true Chinese Garden! On the first page of this tread there are lists of all lots with lot sizes, so you can check how many large lots are there (a lot of lots ;) ).

Wench, I'm so happy you enjoy this world, even without Pets, you are not missing that much, as most of the lots were built before Pets, and some are later modified to fit in some pets too, but it is not changed much and is wonderfull without them too! In fact, you are lucky not to have bunch of horses wondering around town, or in front of your mansion, not to mention deers destroying gardens!

I'm so happy to read this kind of feedback, thank you!

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
« Reply #447 on: January 28, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »
More pictures for you  :)

Here's my apartment:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4357247
Threw it down on the 20x30 lot on Nouveau Riche.  I love playing Alice & Kev, partly because I loved the story, and partly because I've been homeless myself.  In take 1, I was on the other 20X30 on Rustic Glen, with their original park benches.  For take 2, I'm saying their application for low-income housing was approved.  ;)

I redid my library, using some mods from and changed all the community bookcases.  Also got a mod to change the lot sizes, so put this down between the apartment and the beach.  I'll upload version 2 to the exchange soon enough, but here's the original:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3077245

More of my house pictures. Yep, it's pretty sweet low-income housing.   LOVE the fire station!  So rustic and homey!  Alice Bin Diver, the girl, is hoping to make money from the bake sales, right by the subway station.  Kev Bin Diver, the dad, hates kids, and is a heartbreaker, so the fireman job sounds perfect and lets me see more of the town.  Looks like my first fire was in a place that makes me wish I had Pets!  Tried to get pics showing off where my changes are, and a few shots of my own place.  No neighbors in the apartment on day 1, but a bunch had moved in by day 2!  I'm going back to my last save point though, because I fell asleep with the game running, and found Kev had missed a day of work, and what little they owned had been yanked by the repoman!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #448 on: January 28, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
Hey everyone.

I just went into the world to explore (AGAIN!) And I found the home I was having trouble finding, Swamp Suite. I went and took a look and in my opinion, it looked awful. So I was wondering if I could possibly make a "New" one; same design but better for me? Because the home itself was bad and the inside has a bad layout (It has an elevator!)

So yeah, I just want to redo it because this home was definitely not my best. ::)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
« Reply #449 on: January 29, 2012, 01:32:17 AM »
So far, I've gotten two scavenger hunts.  One was for rocks & gems, the other was for beetles.  Yes, I've added some of my own lots to the world, but I've got some videos up, if you want to spoil things for yourselves.  It will only be the ones required for the scavenger hunts, and not EVERYTHING, so it would at least give you a hint on where you might find other stuff.

Beetles of Union Cove
http://youtu.be/QvM7jBAacvg

Collection Spawners of Union Cove
http://youtu.be/_t-4qrC3xFk

Yeah, it's also going to show my own changes to the world.  Oh well.  :P

Jeepers, it's begun!  It's in-game music, fer gosh sakes!

anything