Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352603 times)

littlesweet5

Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #615 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »
Lol sorry for the confusion. I just looked at my recent downloads and I must have accidently cancel the download of the actual world   ;D. I'm downloading it again as I type this and then hopefully.. HOPEFULLY.. it will work then! Oops heheh thanks for sticking around.

Oh and my computer says 5 hours to download. woahh should it take that long??   :o

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »
So to sum it up:

1. World (has to be with .Sims3Pack extension at the end) > Downloads folder > double click > launcher opens and installs automatically OR you have to install it manually > Done
2. Save file > Downloads folder > extract it to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder > Done
3. Go play the game and in main menu select the save file to load.

I really hope you understand it and that it will work for you!
It is very very late where I live, so I have to call it a day, but I'll check soon to see if it all worked for you. There are always many helpful people here, so it will work for you too I am sure of it! Nighty night ;)

Edit: just saw your post right before mine. 5 hours is really very long. It never took so much time for me. Are you sure you are downloading the world and not something of an add for a different thing? Those websites where you can download for free always have a lot of adds that can be very confusing to knowing what is the real download and what isn't.

I am glad you figured out you were missing the world download by the way! It is a wonderful world they made here! Hope you can play it soon!
Well, goodnight now!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

littlesweet5

« Reply #617 on: April 22, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »
You've done an excellant job I thank you so much. I have to wait for it to download so there is much I need help with at the moment. Goodbye for now  :D

and it's going down. Now it says 2 hours so I'm sure it will start to go faster. The amount of kb/ sec downloading is increasing so that's why it said 5 hours  :P

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #618 on: April 22, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
Before freaking out it usually helps to
- take a deep breath
- look again
- maybe wait a little
- look again carefully

(if that doesn't help you can freak out :P)

And you're very welcome!
- head touches pillow... zzzzzzzzzzzz -

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #619 on: April 23, 2012, 08:20:34 AM »
I can't wait for the Showtime update!

littlesweet5

« Reply #620 on: April 23, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
I finally have the World installed to my game but then I went to my game there was no saved game for Union Cove  :(

littlesweet5

« Reply #621 on: April 23, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
oh nevermind it was in the drop down menu.. I thought if I had to use the save file (because I don't have all the expansion packs) that the world wasn't supposed to be in the drop down menu  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #622 on: April 23, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
@littlesweet
Glad you have the world now!
To play the correct Union Cove for your game (since you don't have all expansion packs), I believe you have to choose to load the save file and not start a new file in UC.
Hope you have as much fun with it as I do! :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #623 on: April 24, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »
oh nevermind it was in the drop down menu.. I thought if I had to use the save file (because I don't have all the expansion packs) that the world wasn't supposed to be in the drop down menu  :o
There are two separate downloads: The World File and the Save File. If you do not own all of the Expansion Packs you need to download both files, install the world file with double click on it and trough the launcher, and download the Save File and place it within your Save Files folder. For the Save File you need this link shown below circled:

Edited by Anushka
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #624 on: April 24, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »
@littlesweet
Glad you have the world now!
To play the correct Union Cove for your game (since you don't have all expansion packs), I believe you have to choose to load the save file and not start a new file in UC.
Hope you have as much fun with it as I do! :)

This is right and thank you Odie for being here and helping everyone to sort their issues with UC :D

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #625 on: April 24, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
Thanks Anushka!
Very happy to hear it is appreciated. I worried a little people might think I should mind my own business, 'cause I'm not a moderator. I really only enjoy helping people, just like I appreciate it very much if people help me. I am no whiz and need help myself too, so I know what it feels like. I learn a lot every day and I like that very much :) and want to share that again with somebody else if I can.
Besides, I am really enjoying this world very much and feel others shouldn't miss out on it :D

Thanks again btw for the other day when you told me about almost all single men in UC.
But you never guess who my founder married... Giovanni Gepetto :)
He is no YA, but he is both artistic and a savvy sculpter. Both very good for a dynasty. I also like his face structure, hopefully they'll make some cute babies! Only I thought he had quite some money to bring into the family, but he had just 5.000 :( Ah well, his son loves to paint so that's a bonus! On top of that he recently got the wish to play the guitar, which will help to make money.

littlesweet5

« Reply #626 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:41 PM »
Yeah, that's what I thought.. I thought there was supposed to be a saved file for Union Cove on the game but there is not. The only place to find it is in the drop down menu. I have downloaded the save file and put it in the sims 3 save folder but when I load the game there isn't already a saved game for Union Cove

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #627 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »
Thanks Anushka!
Very happy to hear it is appreciated. I worried a little people might think I should mind my own business, 'cause I'm not a moderator. I really only enjoy helping people, just like I appreciate it very much if people help me. I am no whiz and need help myself too, so I know what it feels like. I learn a lot every day and I like that very much :) and want to share that again with somebody else if I can.
Besides, I am really enjoying this world very much and feel others shouldn't miss out on it :D

Thanks again btw for the other day when you told me about almost all single men in UC.
But you never guess who my founder married... Giovanni Gepetto :)
He is no YA, but he is both artistic and a savvy sculpter. Both very good for a dynasty. I also like his face structure, hopefully they'll make some cute babies! Only I thought he had quite some money to bring into the family, but he had just 5.000 :( Ah well, his son loves to paint so that's a bonus! On top of that he recently got the wish to play the guitar, which will help to make money.

Great choice Odie(I saw Pietro grown up in a wonderful young man)! And thank you again, our forum and member base is this great because friendly people shared their knowledge and helped fellow simmers whenever they could :)

Yeah, that's what I thought.. I thought there was supposed to be a saved file for Union Cove on the game but there is not. The only place to find it is in the drop down menu. I have downloaded the save file and put it in the sims 3 save folder but when I load the game there isn't already a saved game for Union Cove

LittleSweet - have you extract the folder from zip file you downloaded to your saves?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #628 on: April 26, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »
I need to ask you guys, not to presure you or anything but i so wanted to know when the world will be updated to include showtime as im wishing to play some legacy and so want to do it in this world, now that i have a pc that can handle it.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #629 on: April 26, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
I've got two questions, if no one minds. . .

I need to ask you guys, not to presure you or anything but i so wanted to know when the world will be updated to include showtime as im wishing to play some legacy and so want to do it in this world, now that i have a pc that can handle it.

Ah, haha, that was one. . . .

and two:  I don't have any of the stuff packs. Should I download the save file as well?