Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352581 times)

littlesweet5

Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #630 on: April 26, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »

LittleSweet - have you extract the folder from zip file you downloaded to your saves?
I'm not really sure I know how to "extract" it. I have windows 7 and when I right click on it there is no extract option.  ???

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #631 on: April 27, 2012, 07:00:11 AM »
Right click on the zip file, and click "Extract All". If you are having trouble, try left clicking it first, and then right clicking. I have Windows 7 and no WinZIP, WinRAR, 7zip or anything like that, and I can do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #632 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:12 AM »
Hi Littlesweet5,
Just 1 more step and you're there! :)

Seabody is right. By left clicking on it first you select it and then the options are different with right clicking.
I also have Windows 7, but don't have the option "Extract all". Maybe this is because I do have WinRAR. I have 3 options: Extract files, Extract Here or Extract to "name zipfile"\. I prefer the 3rd option, because then all files go into a new folder and not in between all your other files there.
Another option for me is to open the zip file and then choose "Extract to" in the WinRAR screen.

So it depends a little if you have something like WinRAR or not.
If you don't have anything like that, I found a good short tutorial how to extract the files here.

Good luck again!

I've got two questions, if no one minds. . .

Ah, haha, that was one. . . .

and two:  I don't have any of the stuff packs. Should I download the save file as well?

Yes, I would love to have the Showtime update too soon!
No, it only matters if you have all Expansion Packs or not. By the way, for version 2 you don't need Showtime yet (of course ;D)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

littlesweet5

« Reply #633 on: April 27, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
I don't have any of those options  :-\ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/22518481.png/ Here's what my screen looks like.

Edit: When I click on the SEND TO option one of those options is to compressed zip file.. which means this is already unzipped.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #634 on: April 27, 2012, 05:02:18 PM »
I don't have any of those options  :-\ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/22518481.png/ Here's what my screen looks like.

The only ZIP File I have in my downloads doesn't have the standard Windows 7 extraction available but I do have 7-Zip which is downloadable and works - maybe try that. Or there is WinRar which was mentioned earlier.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

littlesweet5

« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »
I just downloaded 7zip and extracted the file to the Sims 3 saves.. then I loaded the game and there was still no saved file for Union Cove. The only way to get to Union Cove is through the drop down menu and if I play that it freezes. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong  I've done everything that I was supposed to. ughh  :'(

Edit: here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/blahh.png/

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »
Hi Littlesweet5,

Keep breathing ;)
I think I know what the problem is! It is really smart that you included that last printscreen.
If I see it corrrectly you have put the save file in two sub folders (ucepsave\ucepsave). Don't do that, 'cause then the game won't see it indeed.
Just put it here: Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\Union Cove Start.sims3
I really hope it works for you now! This should do it :)

(I always put the save files that I don't want to see in game in a sub folder. I do that if I have many saves which I want to keep but do not need to see, because that looks messy)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

littlesweet5

« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
Okay I think I fixed the problem.  http://imageshack.us/f/204/fixedo.png/

but, loaded the game and there was still no saved game for Union Cove.  ???

Edit: wait! I just took the Union Cove out of the ucepsave folder and put it directly into saves. Cross your fingers and pray this works!

Edit: IT WORKED!! Woohoo haha it took long enough  ::)

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #638 on: April 28, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
Edit: IT WORKED!! Woohoo haha it took long enough  ::)

JIPPIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIE!!!!!
(excuse my Dutch, but you'll understand ;))

littlesweet5

« Reply #639 on: April 28, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
Hahah thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it!   ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #640 on: May 01, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
Quick question for anyone that knows. I've done several factory resets, and so I have multiple folders, one with all my store content, one with none and another with a few items from the store. I downloaded UC when it first came out, my question is if I change folders and download the new UC will I still have to delete the old one, or will new UC only be for the folder I download it to?

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #641 on: May 01, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Quick question for anyone that knows. I've done several factory resets, and so I have multiple folders, one with all my store content, one with none and another with a few items from the store. I downloaded UC when it first came out, my question is if I change folders and download the new UC will I still have to delete the old one, or will new UC only be for the folder I download it to?
Hi Esther!
If you mean that you use several different folders for Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, you do the same I do. I have two of those; one I use for my Dynasty and the other is with mods and some cc. The mods I have downloaded are only in the second one, so I believe the new UC will only be for the folder you download it to. Yes, I am sure of it. Your old folder will still be using the old UC. No problem, just don't get confused ;)

AdnaanA

« Reply #642 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
Hey, does anybody have a list of sims in UC? I plan on doing a decadynasty there and don't know much people. My founder will be Panther Character

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #643 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »
hey, does anybody have a list of sims in UC, i plan on doing a decadynasty there and don't know much people. My founder will be Panther Character

As much as I hate to say it, you won't be able to start with Panther as your starting household since Declan Jade has a daughter who lives in the same household. You can pick a female and then have Panther move in with her though.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

AdnaanA

« Reply #644 on: May 01, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
As much as I hate to say it, you won't be able to start with Panther as your starting household since Declan Jade has a daughter who lives in the same household. You can pick a female and then have Panther move in with her though.  :)
Can't I just kick them out?

anything