Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 355877 times)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #705 on: July 18, 2012, 02:33:25 AM »
The Market requires WA and Ambitions. It functions as a Consignment Store mainly and without the registers it is purely decorative. To buy groceries you'll have to go to the normal supermarket.
I can't quite find the normal supermarket... Am I just not looking hard enough or is a supermarket just not present?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #706 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:42 AM »
First, sorry for being on hiatus so long everyone. A lot of things in private lives are happening lately. We are very close to reliese the updated version of UC with fixes, updated lots and new lots for ST EP.

Execution, wow, that is very cool ;) You should be able to see grocery store on same lot with bookstore and spa, in town center where art galery, theater, bistro and other rabbitholes are. go to town view and check the tags to locate it easier. If you do have WA and Amb, then there should be registers and clerks employed there too.

Thanks you all of you who are commenting, enjoying it and reporting things that should be fixed, as we want UC to be as good as possible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #707 on: July 18, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough for the grocery store.

And Anushka, your simself looks quite stunning with her hair up. Perhaps more nooboos will be on the way?

Also, what's on the second floor of Angela's house? All I could see was a pool table and those virtual reality goggles. Is it like... the womancave? Or something?

Alen turned out to be quite the womanizer since he had the Great Kisser trait at toddlerhood (which is quite a strange replacement for disciplined). I'll give him the flirty trait and make his LTW Heartbreaker because I've never played one of those (especially in a legacy!) and probably never have him marry at all. Of course, I'm not sure of his status as a potential heir, what with him not being related to Liam Legacy... Huh.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
Ooh, I look forward to the update! I reported on the technical issues about lots becoming inaccessible after moving a sim out of the household. It turns out that's a widespread problem and not just UC - so you can skip that part. There was something else on there, but I can't remember what now.

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #709 on: July 18, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
I'm not sure if this glitch has been reported also, but there is a problem with the movie studio lot. When I had my Sim take a job there, the hours were completely wrong. I checked a couple of websites including here to be sure, but for instance, instead of getting 1pm-7pm for the first level, she got 7am - 1pm, completing shutting her out of the work related jobs that pop up.

I also tested by deleting the movie lot and sticking the Plumbob Studios (EA studio) down instead. That one also gave incorrect hours. When I loaded up a Bridgeport hood and tried to get into the job, it worked just fine for that original Sim and also for a new one that I created. So there's some sort of issue with the movie studio in Union Cove not giving correct hours.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #710 on: July 19, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »
I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough for the grocery store.

And Anushka, your simself looks quite stunning with her hair up. Perhaps more nooboos will be on the way?

Also, what's on the second floor of Angela's house? All I could see was a pool table and those virtual reality goggles. Is it like... the womancave? Or something?

Alen turned out to be quite the womanizer since he had the Great Kisser trait at toddlerhood (which is quite a strange replacement for disciplined). I'll give him the flirty trait and make his LTW Heartbreaker because I've never played one of those (especially in a legacy!) and probably never have him marry at all. Of course, I'm not sure of his status as a potential heir, what with him not being related to Liam Legacy... Huh.

Thank you execution! I'll have to check myself in a mirror with hair up, too. A lot of analogy with my RL here, my son turn out to be quite a charmer, and is kissing girls in kindergarden so you did good with that trait and his LTW :D Rooms upstairs are left for separation when Angela wish for lonely moments, and depending on where life story progression takes her, it could be a museum, laboratory, additional bedroom, party room.. At the moment I am planning to add a bedroom upstairs so there you go. And about nooboos, in RL that decision is already made with that special someone - as soon as Alen is old enough, some traveling LTWs are on the schedule to be fulfilled ;) Of course, you are free to create any scenario you want for her in your game.

Ooh, I look forward to the update! I reported on the technical issues about lots becoming inaccessible after moving a sim out of the household. It turns out that's a widespread problem and not just UC - so you can skip that part. There was something else on there, but I can't remember what now.

I am happy that you find out it is not UC specific problem, but sad that you encounter it anyway. Quite a lot of things, including art gallery are already fixed, one lot is giving us a hard time, so once that is solved, it will be up.

I'm not sure if this glitch has been reported also, but there is a problem with the movie studio lot. When I had my Sim take a job there, the hours were completely wrong. I checked a couple of websites including here to be sure, but for instance, instead of getting 1pm-7pm for the first level, she got 7am - 1pm, completing shutting her out of the work related jobs that pop up.

I also tested by deleting the movie lot and sticking the Plumbob Studios (EA studio) down instead. That one also gave incorrect hours. When I loaded up a Bridgeport hood and tried to get into the job, it worked just fine for that original Sim and also for a new one that I created. So there's some sort of issue with the movie studio in Union Cove not giving correct hours.
I will playtest to see if this is happening in my game too. Strange issue that I'll try to fix. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I am also testing the option that new version of UC does not require you to move your household and start new game with it, but to simply back up saves, uninstall previous version, install new version and put back saves. So far it is working but will have to playtest more. Lots won't be updated in old saves, but new games will have them. And it is not too hard to replace updated lots in your current game, so that would let us continue playing dynasties, legacies or casual games while having the updated version without much troubles (hope this makes sense).

Offline Phoenix422

• Nooboo
« Reply #711 on: July 23, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
I really want UC to work but when I extract the file for users w/o all EPs into the Saves folder, the game says it is unable to load the UC game because it was created with EPs that are no longer on this computer.  Am I doing something wrong?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #712 on: July 23, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »
I really want UC to work but when I extract the file for users w/o all EPs into the Saves folder, the game says it is unable to load the UC game because it was created with EPs that are no longer on this computer.  Am I doing something wrong?

There is a UC Technical Thread, you're more likely to get help in that board. I'm not very good with technical issues sadly, I can use programs fine but when they don't work I'm hopeless. Hopefully someone there has had and/or knows a solution to your problem.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Phoenix422

• Nooboo
« Reply #713 on: July 23, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »
Thank you!  I found the answer to my problem on that forum.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #714 on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
Good news!  Got a pm from Ana and UC is now updated for ST venues!!!  She will be putting it all in CAW and it will be up and running asap!  She's tested it but you know there can always be something we miss so keep letting us know about any problems.  One of us will let you know when the file is up and ready for download, but thought you might like to hear that at least the building part is finished. 

We had to rely on one EA building, Binder Clips, in order to get the menu to show a Big Venue but it's there next to Plumbob, (after a wee bit of shifting), and looks good. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #715 on: July 24, 2012, 03:43:53 AM »
Good news!  Got a pm from Ana and UC is now updated for ST venues!!!  She will be putting it all in CAW and it will be up and running asap!  She's tested it but you know there can always be something we miss so keep letting us know about any problems.  One of us will let you know when the file is up and ready for download, but thought you might like to hear that at least the building part is finished. 

We had to rely on one EA building, Binder Clips, in order to get the menu to show a Big Venue but it's there next to Plumbob, (after a wee bit of shifting), and looks good.
Yay! My sim will finally be able to perform in a town other than Starlight Shores without me having to place lots! I'm so excited!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #716 on: July 24, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
Updated UC is up and available for download!

Changes made for UC update with Showtime EP are:

- New lots - Atlantis Experience(private venue) by Aussette and Binder Clips (big show venue) slightely edited landscape by Anushka;
-Edited lots to add ST EP venues are Central Park (park venue) by Samoht, Pier Fun Oh Won (live show venue) by Joria and Little Samoht Diner (coffeehouse venue) by Joria;
-Other edited lots:  Corner Club (sports bar) by Ausette, Ratcliff Hall Coutry Club (exclusive lounge) by Joria, KonFusion (fusion lounge) by Joria, The Grundge (dance club) by Joria;
-2 residential lots moved behind graveyard for additional space for big venue, without changes;
-Fixed Art Gallery routing on spiral stairs, fixed multiple beds on top of each other in 2 residential homes;
-Removed Ingleses family, few households fixed for skills, age and funds;
-Fixed typos in descriptions of lots and households (thanks ClayMask).

Process of replacing the old version of Union Cove with new one is the same as described on download page. Hope you'll enjoy playing in UC as it continues to have all lots and features from all expansion packs EA has released till today.

Required patch level is 1.33 or higher, no KPSP items were used.

Offline SecretBoy

• The DreamStone Immortal Dynasty starring Christopher and Zelda Dreamstone!
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #717 on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
Yay it is finally updated! Will be getting showtime soon but downloading it NOW with the save file.
{my blog to come soon}

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #718 on: July 25, 2012, 03:30:11 AM »
Downloading it now. Very excited!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #719 on: July 25, 2012, 05:39:28 AM »
Woo, shall download when I get Showtime in a few weeks! It shall act as an extra birthday present. ;D