Author Topic: Photography  (Read 73330 times)

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Photography
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »
I am having a major issue with an opprtunity challenge. My simmie got a call from the bistro in Riverview, asking if she'd take 5 pictures in Champs Les Sims to spruce up the diningroom, which they would be willing to pay for both the trip and pics. I took pics all over the place, buildings, objects, landscapes, sims...etc and not one pic has qualified for this, and mind you I have made 2 trips for this. I even have close to a level 3 visa, but can't seem to complete this challenge. It's driving me mad, so if anyone has a clue what I need to be taking pics of, please let me know.

Are the photos still on your camera, or have you moved them to your inventory? I think it only recognizes them once they're in your inventory. Like if you made prints in real life, as opposed to the digital image on your camera.

Offline deathnote

• Nooboo
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »
Are the photos still on your camera, or have you moved them to your inventory? I think it only recognizes them once they're in your inventory. Like if you made prints in real life, as opposed to the digital image on your camera.
its a bug for some game, and i also cant, not everyone able, well my systems cant. i click the oppurnity tab and cancel that...
Gadget galore=put alot of computer, in a room, with the wall full of tv, and the computer desk has a phone, just like the Morcucorp HQ.
Political Demo=i got it after i read newspaper prime ministes accuse corrupt, it was sunday. at the town hall.
Dumpster=you need controlable sims to rummage the trashcan.
Town Theatre=i can in my system, just dont stand far, but stand near the poster and take the entrance only. if you far away, it will be places in town pic.
Diplomaj extraord=you need some sim that has political career high, or leader of the free world.
Omniplant=search near the Landgraab sciece facility, every town that created by EA didnt forgot to put that plant.
Well, i completed 5 collections, oh yes about white rose and red roses, the rose must be in France, or abroad, if in base town you cant get it...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Variosities

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:35 PM »
White roses (also called semi roses) are in the garden of one of the big mansions. As you walk up the path from the main gate, they're in a garden you have to go around.

I do find aiming the camera to be a real pain. When I get a nice looking photo, it either isn't a collection item, or the collection item isn't what I'm aiming at.

Since my last update, I haven't been able to photo Shower in a Can at all. I've tried in the shop, on the ground, and with another sim using it.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »
Since my last update, I haven't been able to photo Shower in a Can at all. I've tried in the shop, on the ground, and with another sim using it.

From experience, the only way I've been able to capture Shower in a Can is when another Sim is using it. Anything else won't register.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Jessywoo

• Nooboo
  • Motherlode..... *sigh*
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »
I haven't done too much photography, but I have at some point completed most of the collections so I have some tips about where things are (may or may not be helpful). I've tried to include everything that people have mentioned:

- If you're in SV visit Gobias Koffi's house and go to his garden. He's got all sorts of plants there, including sunflowers (if you aim it right) and several fruit / vegetable plants. The Science Facility, Crystal Springs (correct name?), Stony Falls and the little lake thing with a bridge near the Landgraab and Alto households also have fruit / vegetable plants, some of them rare. The Twinbrook Community Gardens can also be helpful

- The white roses are called 'Semi Roses' in BuyMode and can be found under the Flowers tab. You can also find sunflowers there, but choose the sunflower with multiple heads and when you take the picture make sure the top head is facing you. It might just be my temperamental camera but it only worked for me under those conditions.

- I got Home Decor by photographing a candle only, but the tissue box also works. The coffee machine got me Kitchen Kitsch, the toilet with toilet roll got me Bathroom Stuff, a video game console got me Gadgets Galore. I think the key is making sure that whatever you are photographing is well away from anything else. I tend to do it in a big open space in the garden.

- Remedy for a Hot Day - for me this was a Sim drinking a drink from the bar. I don't think it matters which type of drink, but Quick Drink or something similar might be better than a drink giving specific side effects.

- Nectar and Food - I got it by placing one single portion of Autumn Salad at a place on a dining table, putting one full bottle of nectar next to it and pouring one glass of another nectar bottle and putting that next to it also. It doesn't work if you put a tray of nectar glasses down - it has to be one glass. Sometimes this also works with just a bottle or just a glass. It took forever so this one needs patience  :-\

- Shower in a Can - I get that just by placing one on the ground and taking a picture from above. It doesn't register for me if I try to take a picture when another sim is using shower in a can. Maybe that's another case of making sure that everything else is moved away?

- Town Theatre (and any other specific town location) - it has to be a really close-up shot, so close that the location fills the entire lens. I've found that it also has to be at such an angle that the camera isn't facing anything else that's behind the location - so if I'm taking a picture of the theatre and the police station is directly behind the theatre and the lens is facing that way, sometimes it comes up as 'Police Station'. I don't know why, but try to get it so that there's nothing behind the location either.

- Lovers in China - I got this by photographing two locals (Shang Simla residents) who were a married couple and were doing flirty interactions. Not making out or anything, just hold hands and stuff like that. They were in their bedroom and it was at night (creepy much, especially since my Sim was standing there for about three hours taking photos.) I think it becomes 'Get a Room' or something when it gets beyond flirting.

- Wandering Ghost (if that's what it's called) - I actually managed to get this once by fluke. The ghost was doing that thing where it kind of floats along like a zombie, not bobbing up and down or anything. I was lucky because I managed to get it centred - it actually floated straight through another shot I was aiming for. It also wasn't in the graveyard - it was actually floating the streets of Al Simhara. Maybe it has to be moving in that specific way and be away from the graveyard for it to count as a 'wandering' ghost.

- Doubly Dead (a mummy died of old age) - I cheated and did trigger age transition with testingcheats enabled. For any mummy shot, it's easier to aim if the mummy isn't chasing you. Get it so the mummy is released, then use testingcheats teleport or the martial arts zen thing to get to a place where you can still see the mummy, but where the mummy is trapped and can't reach you. They'll just be wandering aimlessly and will be pretty slow also, so it's easier to aim.

- For the gems - I don't know if it's just me, but my camera registered the gems more consistently when they were in rock form i.e. before they were cut. Maybe because they tend to be bigger in that form? For collections, they've got to be close together - I find putting them just on the floor and taking a picture from above is the best way to get it to register.

- Best in Class - this is one of only a few collections I have never been able to fully complete, probably because all my Sims are poor  :)   For me at least, it has to be THE MOST expensive version of whatever object it is, not just AN expensive version. I think one of the objects for Best in Class is a nectar rack? - this has to be completely empty of nectar for it to register.

Sorry about the long post, I hope this helps people who are stuck  :)
'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice, 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!'

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
Thanks so much, JessyWoo! I was actually just about to ask about the nectar and food.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
I have a couple more questions...

1. What is A Zoo!
2. What is Gadgets Galore? How do you get it?
3. What about red roses? I have white roses and all the fruits. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jessywoo

• Nooboo
  • Motherlode..... *sigh*
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2014, 05:13:38 AM »
Lisa46 -

Gadgets Galore registers when you take a picture of anything under the electronics tab in Buy Mode. I usually get it with a video game console, but I believe a computer/laptop or a TV would work also. The key is to have the object you're aiming for away from everything else, otherwise the camera tends to focus on other things in shot.

Red roses are found under the flowers tab in Build Mode. They may be called Rosy Roses in-game, I can't remember. If you can't find them then maybe check townie gardens? The richer households tend to have roses - try the Altos, Landgraabs and Goths (for SV).

I haven't really tried photography too much for a while now, but someone said on another thread that A Zoo! is three large pets (large pets are dogs, cats and horses).
'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice, 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!'

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
More photography tips, shamelessly pulled from old challenge threads:

* A wedding worked for me with just the wedding arch,
* Dumpster diving needs bins, not dumpsters, and
* Photographing a fairy doing a fairy trap on a couch counted as 'Caught'.
* Celebrity photo -- I think the celebrity must be 4 stars and above.  I move in a one star celebrity, level his star level, the celebrity shot only register once he became 4 stars.
* One Sick Sim -- have the sim drink "Ad Nauseum" elixir, this will guarantee them to throw up in a few sim hours.
* A Serious Ghost problem is the highest value shot in the game not Too Many Ghosts like the coding says.
* I found out that shots taken indoors get a bonus with hates the outdoors and outdoor shots get a bonus to loves the outdoors.  There was also a bonus for innapropriate but I never figured out which shots were considered the inappropriate shots..
* At level 10 of the painting skill, each picture taken will increase by $50/day. (At level 7 painting a photo will increase by $35/ day and this will remain so, even if the photographer maxes painting later on.)
* Shutternut can boost pictures in several collections by 18% : Architecture and Buildings, Travel (monuments) and Paranormal.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »
I'm trying to figure out all the photos, and I need to know:

Best in Class - what level is required? And for Chief Lifesaver + Superstar, what are they?
Superstar
Supercop
A Top Chef
Chief Lifesaver
Military Bigwig
Diplomat Extraordinaire
Master Criminal

Paranormal
Simply Death

Sims in Motion
Great Tunes

Architectural & Buildings
Where is The Market located?

Collectables
How do you get Magic Gnome?

Oh, the Calamity!
Oh No, Snake!

Travel
Soulpeace Statue

Pets in Action
Dead Bird
Talking Bird
Death Riding
Heroic Horse
Clever Cat

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2015, 06:34:40 PM »
I'm trying to figure out all the photos, and I need to know:

Best in Class - what level is required? And for Chief Lifesaver + Superstar, what are they?
Superstar
Supercop
A Top Chef
Chief Lifesaver
Military Bigwig
Diplomat Extraordinaire
Master Criminal

Paranormal
Simply Death

Sims in Motion
Great Tunes

Architectural & Buildings
Where is The Market located?

Collectables
How do you get Magic Gnome?

Oh, the Calamity!
Oh No, Snake!

Travel
Soulpeace Statue

Pets in Action
Dead Bird
Talking Bird
Death Riding
Heroic Horse
Clever Cat

Apologies if this is too late to help you, but:
Careers- I believe all of them are level 10 required to get the photo option. Chief Life Savior (I would assume) is the top of the Lifeguard Career (Island Paradise expansion) and Superstar I'm unsure about (as in, not 100% positive) but believe it is likely the Singer career (or any of the Showtime expansion careers, possibly).

Paranormal- "Simply Death" is the Grim Reaper. Pretty sure.

Sims in Motion- Dancing or playing music would be my best guess.

Architecture and Building- "The Market" refers to any "Marketplace" in World Adventures expansion pack worlds (France, China or Egypt).

Collectables- Assuming you're asking where to find a Magic Gnome... you can get them just about anywhere - from Fishing, Sculpting, time traveling, traveling to other destinations and finding one in a chest... you can even buy them from the Consignment stores (Elixir or just normal, if the price is right).

Oh, the Calamity!- You'll need a snake charming basket, another Sim to play the music, and just wait until the Snake pops it's head out to dance for the charmer.

Travel- You'll find the Soulpiece Statue at the very end of the Sphinx tomb.

Pets in Action- The "Dead Bird" one is gotten from, what I would assume to be, your pet bird dying and it laying at the bottom of the cage before your Sim "cleans up" the cage.
"Talking Bird" is possibly a Sim teaching a pet Bird how to talk using the interactions one would get from clicking on the bird.
"Death Riding" would be from when the Grim Reaper comes to reap the soul of a horse pet from the household. The Reaper will get on the horse and ride it away, thus you should likely try to take a picture of that moment.
"Heroic Horse" to be honest, I have no idea - - - er scratch that, read through, earlier in this thread a quote from Ficklemuse:
"Heroic Horse" probably refers to when someone is riding and has the option to "Strike a Heroic Pose". I think the rider has to be at Level 7 to Strike a Heroic Pose. It's when the horse rears up on its hind legs and the sim waves their arm around
"Clever Cat" A photo of a cat as it is "hunting" something, likely using the Hunting Skill.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2015, 02:02:13 AM »
Just had something interesting happen.

In my Domination Dynasty, my queen is doing photography career in the lead up to their 4th Reproduction Day. One of their already released kiddies did photography as his maxed skill and level 2 career requirements. He had one of the fancy cameras and was using the panorama photograph type and the best of the modes. She was given his camera before he left. Queen is at level 2 photography skill and  I just thought "I'll have her take her first photo of townhall. I almost fell out of my chair when I discovered that she was able to take a panoramic photograph and it seemed to maintain that filter as well, which were default for her son. She also had the option of changing to small/medium sized photo and either a default or black and white photo filter. She was charged 68 simeloens for it, and earned 108 simeloens.

I was expecting it to revert the camera back to her skill level, but apparently not. I didn't change the settings as I thought she probably wouldn't be able to change them back.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »
That's an awesome glitch!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2015, 05:36:08 PM »
I honestly don't really know where to put this, but it is related to photography. I have a sim who is in Egypt right now and has the opportunity to photograph a pushable statue. I have done this repeatedly and now have a good pic of one, but the opportunity is still showing as not done. The star is still gray. What do I do? Is there a specific camera to use or a specific size or what? Thanks!

ETA: Somehow, when I had him move one of the statues, suddenly the star for the opportunity turned yellow instead of gray. So I don't know what happened, but I did get it.

Offline Neurotic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »
I love the photography skill! Unlucky for me, it barely ever gives me a skill point in this though.
I'm neurotic all right...