Author Topic: The Townsend Legacy (complete)  (Read 32264 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 10/8/15)
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 01:44:28 PM »
It’s not a legacy without a gazillion birthdays, so here is Helena becoming a fully-fledged adult and starting a mid-life crisis:

She and Austin are both slowly plugging away at their careers.

Augusta’s also mainly focusing on her career, since she can work on the science skill while on maternity leave. Since it’s the skill she’s got least experience in, that means a lot of fishing:

But she still occasionally finds time to return to her first love and mess around with radiation.

I had an update a while back that River has had twins – both human – named Angie and Spencer. Austin has been trying to go round to visit them, but hasn’t had any success: they always seem to be out, and can’t be found anywhere on the map. When the twins aged up to child, he was finally able to interact with them:

He finally managed to max out his career, despite having the can’t stand art moodlet for most of the time.

This means that he’s free to venture into the Big Bad World – or at least Sunset Valley. Hopefully the game will reshuffle the houses and move him, River and the twins into one house. If it doesn’t, I’ll merge the households in Edit Town. For now, here are his new digs:

Miraj has finally aged up to adult.

Augusta has made it to Mad Scientist, which means it’s nooboo time. First, she and Miraj made things official:

And you can fill in the next part for yourselves.

Augusta popped to the library to finish off her LTW:

While she was there she bumped into Austin and Spencer, and told them about her upcoming nuptials.

Then she went home to break some more news, this time to Miraj. You’ll notice that she’s asked him to forsake the fae – I was letting her catch him up in age, but I really don’t want fairy spares.

Once he was over the initial shock, he was delighted.

Over at the other side of the house, Helena has finally finished the long slog that is the Writer career, with the aid of Augusta’s basil-and-coffee garden. She’s now free to do as she pleases, which will presumably mean video games and playing in the sandpit.

Is that the sound of screaming I hear?

(My favourite part of this screenshot is Miraj in the background, drinking at the bar and completely oblivious to the fact that his fiancée is giving birth to his kid.)

This is Topeka, who is a clumsy slob:

And here is her surprise twin sister, Atlanta, who is good and artistic:

(I know I said I was going to go for multiples, but the idea was one singleton, then fertility treatment-assisted twins. Best-laid plans and all that....I’d forgotten Miraj likes kids music – and this incarnation of Miraj is addicted to dancing, so stereos keep being turned on and switched back to the kids station.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »
I love the shot of Miraj in the background, oblivious to his wifey's screams of pain...great hubby.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
I love the shot of Miraj in the background, oblivious to his wifey's screams of pain...great hubby.

Isn't he just! :D In his defence, he was enclosed by fences, so I think the game counted him as being in a different room.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 11/8/15)
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »
With the twins safely tucked up in the nursery, Augusta and Miraj popped out for a quick wedding.

A couple of days later, Augusta had a birthday...

...followed a few hours later by the twins. Rather than show you two identical pictures of burritos aging up surrounded by the same scantily-clad adults, here is Atlanta by her cake, and a random paparazzo helping himself to Topeka’s.

The twins got cheesy matching outfits in their favourite colours because there are only so many looks you can give toddlers. Topeka has inherited Augusta’s hair, and Atlanta has Miraj’s.

Have some toddlerspam on me:

This just made me laugh:

Poor Atlanta also had one of the sadder potty glitches I’ve seen:

I think Topeka may have a hidden Evil trait.

Mind you, Atlanta is just generally glitchy:

Since Miraj wants five children, Augusta is pregnant again. They both want a boy this time, so she’s on the all-apple diet.

Helena’s been maintaining a long distance relationship with Sam Sekemoto for years – they chat on the phone frequently, and he occasionally stays over, but generally they’ve led pretty separate lives. However, she suddenly started to get wishes about him.

Augusta interrupted the wedding plans:

This is Denver:

And he too has an unexpected twin. Poor Frankfort must have reset when Helena developed pathing issues, because he ended up on the floor at home:

Helena then very helpfully carried him back out of the house and was threatening to take him back to the hospital when I intervened and cancelled her action queue.

Helena sensed a lifetime of babysitting other people’s children ahead of her – and she’d had enough of that as a child. Instead, she and Sam had a quick wedding in the hallway, and she moved out. Chimes were heard before they left, so there should be a small Sekemoto soon.

The older twins aged up to child:

They’ve continued with the matchy-matchy outfits. Atlanta is now disciplined, and Topeka has become a kleptomanic.

And to round out the birthday spam, Denver and Frankfort aged up to toddler.

That’s Frankfort with the summery clothes, and as Denver loves the cold, he’s wearing the ode to winter. It made sense at the time, but I wonder now whether he should just be wearing a nappy so that he can be really cold all the time. I was going to carry on the matchy thing, but they're so similar-looking that I'd never be able to remember which was which. I'm fairly sure that's Jared's hair (inherited from Lynn), and Hank's eyes (via Augusta).

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
I think Augusta should have gone for Arlo Bunch.  Being a vampire (werewolf??) really seems to suit him :P.

Potty glitches are hilarious ;D.  Although the dolls’ house one is pretty good, as well.  I’ve never seen them get tangled up in that before :D

Frankfort looks so much like Miraj!  (To me, anyway.)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 03:59:36 PM »
I think Augusta should have gone for Arlo Bunch.  Being a vampire (werewolf??) really seems to suit him :P.

He's a vampire - so his wonderful genes will be hanging aound for ages yet. He could always marry the next generation... Or, you know, not.

The dolls house glitch looked so painful - like a magic trick gone really, really wrong  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »

He's a vampire - so his wonderful genes will be hanging around for ages yet. He could always marry the next generation... Or, you know, not.

Definitely not, I'd say  ::).

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 03:06:31 PM »
Using the potty your sister is sleeping in is just not right.

Course, there's not much that's right about sleeping in potties either.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 12/8/15)
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
I didn’t really know what to do with Topeka, so she’s been trying her hand at fishing and cooking because those skills are always useful. Atlanta is artistic, and you always need portrait painters in legacies, so she’s been painting.

Mostly, though, they play.

The other twins have been doing standard toddler-spammish things, but for some reason I didn’t get many screenshots, so you’ll have to imagine those for yourself.

(This ‘other twins’ thing will get even more confusing when I tell you that Helena has also had twins, Tammie and Lydell – not to mention their cousins Angie and Spencer McIrish.)

Augusta has been using her science skill to gather DNA samples from the few living townies. No idea whether Cycl0n3’s sample will ever make it into the family tree, but I’d like to have the option. (Leighton’s already in the family tree via Helena and Sam, but I may end up marrying off his unrelated clone to a much later generation just to get some non-generic features.)

Since this is Surrounded by Family:

Augusta spent her maternity leave repeatedly decapitating her husband and giggling. How sweet.

I can’t believe I got this far through without a birthday, but the girls had to age up at some point:

They are now far too cool for matchy-matchy clothing and have each selected their own stuff. Atlanta went for as much of her favourite lime green as possible without going OTT and offending her artistic sensibilities.

Slobby couch potato Topeka went with the first grey thing she found that felt comfy.

I guess this is also a birthday:

I genuinely have no idea what’s happening in this one. Makes a change from the usual hand-waving panic when someone’s in labour, anyway.

Anyhoo, this is Annapolis. Henceforth she will be known as Annie, because Annapolis is a silly name. She’s a brave genius.

And this is her unplanned twin. What is with this family and unexpected twins?! I stalked Augusta for her entire pregnancy, turning off TVs and stereos when she entered rooms, so what is going on?!

The twin’s name is Providence, and I have no idea how to abbreviate that – suggestions on a postcard, please! She’s friendly, and like Denver, she loves the cold. Sunset Valley in permanent summer may not be the best place for those two.

And we’ll finish up on yet more birthdays:

Denver has become an animal lover:

Frank has become a virtuoso, and has turned into Christopher Steel in miniature:

And Miraj has turned into an elder:

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 15/8/15)
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 01:45:09 PM »
Atlanta has decided to become a Visionary, and has been running around Sunset Valley getting lots of photos. Clearly her new talents haven’t rubbed off on me, because this is the closest I could manage to a screenshot of her doing it:

She’s also joined the self-employed photographer career, since I had enough of painting in the last generation when I was torturing Austin.

Topeka's still not got any traits that suggest a LTW, but I’ve only had Into the Future for a week and want to play with my new toy, so for now she’s dabbling with Bot Building and Advanced Technology.

Once again, it’s birthday time – first Annie:

Then Providence:

Obligitory toddler spam:

And even more mass birthday spam:

Denver (left in the pic below – or right if you’re still looking at the one above) has become lucky. Frank is now eco-friendly.

Augusta aged up to elder:

Annie aged up to child and became lucky.

And Providence is now a couch potato.

Annie appears to be planning a future as a hands-free jockey.

But in case that doesn’t work out, she’s also working on her logic skill.

Topeka, meanwhile, has been working on her Squatting In Midair skills.

And Denver’s got his future figured out and has decided to become a Zoologist.

Now that the mood swings have really started, Miraj and Augusta may be starting to regret having quite so many kids:

Although revenge is always sweet.

Before long, Atlanta and Topeka aged up to young adults.

Topeka has become a vegetarian, and has selected High Tech Collector as her LTW.

Atlanta’s become an animal lover, which seems to be becoming a family trait.

Now that they don’t have to go to school anymore, they’ve started making themselves useful around the house – Atlanta by painting Topeka’s portrait, and Topeka by eliminating the need for anybody to cook ever again:

And once that was done, Topeka headed out to investigate the giant metal sculpture that’s been cluttering up the barn:

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
I think Topeka may have a hidden Evil trait.

I know that was a few chapters ago but that picture was completely priceless.

And, wow, three sets of unexpected twins! Crazy  :o

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
And, wow, three sets of unexpected twins! Crazy  :o

I know! I almost wonder if I've got a really weird bug - especially given that Helena and River also had twins. It could just be the fact that both Augusta and Miraj are family-oriented, I suppose.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 16/8/15)
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2015, 05:06:04 AM »
I know I’m extremely late to the Into the Future party, but I’m still going to spam you with Topeka’s adventures in the future:

Meanwhile, back in the present, Augusta enjoyed her final day of having child-aged offspring:

And then it was time for Annie and Providence to age up to teen.

This was also rather significant to Miraj.

Annie became brooding and Providence a party animal, so they’ll probably drive each other nuts.

Denver managed to find the darkest area of land possible to stand in while he achieved his LTW, so sorry about the shambolic screenshot. To help you imagine what the screenshot might have looked like, here is the snake he caught in order to achieve it:

At the other extreme, Providence found herself standing in a very bright light indeed.

Atlanta was much more obliging than Denver when it comes to LTW-achieving and lighting. Since she’s also reached level 10 of her job and has well over 100K LTHP I could kick her out now, but I still need her to paint her siblings’ portraits, so she’ll be around for a while yet.

It’s another slow news week in Sunset Valley. This week’s unmissable celeb gossip: neighbourhood teen dances in own back garden!

In sadder but more interesting news, Grim finally caught up with Miraj.

The rest of the family threw themselves into skilling to try to distract themselves from their Mourning moodlets.

Which resulted in...

I would have liked Topeka to finish off the Business career, but having a house this full is really getting to my computer. So the next morning, she made a quick call to the estate agents, and moved out. (Incidentally, I wish moving house was this straightforward in real life.)

Another day, another birthday:

Young adult Denver:

His new trait is loves the outdoors, which would have really been helpful earlier when he was still knocking out Zoologist...

And Frank:

He’s now a Natural Cook and has the Culinary Librarian LTW. I’m not sure I want those shoes in any place where people eat.

At the moment, I’m not sure who my heir is going to be – I think I’ve got it narrowed down to Frank or Annie, but Providence’s final trait could still swing things in her direction. For the moment, both Denver and Frank will be sticking around in case I decide to pick them, as I’ve got ridiculously lucky with traits this generation.

anything