Author Topic: Sims Eugenics II, or, The Mouth of Persephone  (Read 38012 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sims Eugenics II
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »
If you don't want the muscular build, what about Gavin Richards? His cheekbones are a bit angular in an interesting way... just a thought.
Otherwise, my vote is for randomness.
Have your pollinator frequent Bear Nights and Knight Nights and pollinate all the females, lol. Did that sound...immodest of me?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Sims Eugenics II - Chapter VII
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Chapter VII.

A few days into Scarlett's teen stage, she, along with mother and father, visited the Bjergsens. And Scarlett introduced herself to Bjorn. Bjorn has nice neutral features. And I'd like to get those genes into the family if possible. It's a bit weird, but then so are rockets and Unidentified Fruit Objects.

Evil Cornelius is Evil, again.

Because destroying the kids dollhouse with them in the room is evil. Seriously, don't do that.

Unfortunately, I wasn't prompt enough in visiting the vet for an Age-Down treat for Zippo, and he expired in the green twins' green bedroom.

Scarlett was most affected. Alexis had the foresight to "play with emotion" while Zippo died to improve her emotional control. It's only a slight bother. It's obviously cheaper if he didn't die, because the pet Ambrosia treat is expensive, but not the end of the world. We had found a stray female hound who we'd adopt when she next appeared. There are 5 sims, and two dogs would make 7 sims. And I also invite a pollinator sim in eventually, to make 8. So the pollinator will have to move out before the twins or Scarlett can think of nooboos of their own, and certainly no space for puppies. A long way of saying that Zippo's death, while sad, was not an immediate Thwarting of Plans. It's not like we're in a position to allow him to mate (and won't be for some time).

A few days and some painting later, and I glanced at the 30k Simoleons of Funds and wondered how far that might stretch in completing the external shell of the house.

So... that's the house. The 30k was a good amount, but it was all spent. Household now has less than $1k. Um. At least this picture doesn't have the glaring frieze mistake that comes when I change it. And the roofs aren't all showing. I should've gone up another floor. It wouldn't make a great difference. I was just so keen to take a picture of Windmilles & Wine that I wasn't paying attention to the detail. 

Persephone is here brushing a female hound, Wolfie.

Wolfie was adopted. I wasn't going to make the same mistake again, and planned to go to the vet early on. Just feed her, bath her, and away we go.

She had a checkup and a preventative shot, but she wasn't ill or anything. Treats were bought!

So this was the first time I realized Wolfie was not an elder. But no matter! This way we know when she ages up to adult that she's at the start of that stage. And Wolfie is really cute as a puppy.

This magnificent pink-haired gentleman has reached the pinnacle of Arting. He has arted very nicely. And there's the glaring frieze mistake. But... why does he come home from work in what looks suspiciously like sleepwear. Regardless, he was sent straight to painting again.

The home vet clinic is behind that door. Rosalind is playing basketball instead of working on her aspirations. With other distraction, the twins were not as micromanaged as Scarlett. I did finish all the childhood aspirations for both of them, but it took much longer that it should've and that meant less time playing doctor and learning to say sorry. Maybe I'll be able to catch up some of the damage to the character traits in their teen years, but I'm not expecting them to get all five.

As I write, I still haven't taken Cornelius to the plastic surgeon. He's such a character as he is. When I was dreaming up the rules to abide by when it comes to corrective surgery I decided I should be limited to changing one physical aspect per maxed skill. I might fix Persephone's body shape when she completes Mad Science. What's really annoying about her is that she's clearly got max muscle tone, even though she probably doesn't have a single point in the athletic skill.

The setting sun catches the front of the house. On lots that I'm familiar with, like Nookstone, I've built houses specifically to take advantage of the morning sun. Here, the big oval living room catches some morning sun which can be pretty. I might update the picture in post #1 with this one. We're using about 40% of the house at the moment.

The twins threw a big proper Social Event birthday party.

Katrina Whitman was invited (I told you Cornelius was going to enjoy a birthday) and somewhat surprisingly she wasn't pregnant. And hadn't had any notifications (unless I just missed it) that she'd given birth. Johnny was invited too. In case he's needed later on, it wouldn't hurt to make friends with him now. Seriously Johnny, if you get the gig here, you won't pine for Affluista Mansion.

Most of the invites were for people Persephone knows from the lab... and Born. Who is still alive. Alexis went first. Don't hold your breath for pinup beauty.

Look how concave that nose is! That's the last we see of Bjorn who must've died a day or two after.

Then Rosalind.

Wolfie was running about madly throughout.

And before the party was over, Cornelius and Ms Whitman acquainted themselves with the other bush. For science.

I turns out she had in fact given birth two two blue boys. Blue boys. I might have missed the notification while on holiday in the jungle which Cornelius wasn't part of.

And after her much needed makover, Alexis takes a swig of Slimify which failed to have any effect.

Alexis aged up with pink eyebrows, so I thought as a way to tell the twins apart she can have pink hair. I realize I didn't take any clear portraits of the teen green children, and I shall do so! And edit them in! It'll be seamless. It'll be just as if I liked how they look...

EDIT:

-----

Next time: Wolfie gets into almost every picture, Cornelius denies everything, and moody teenagers
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »
Oh, very much yes on Wolfgang Munch! He's got such personality, but it's very much teenager personality and doesn't age well. It's nice if he can get moved into a house and get grown-up clothes at some point. He's got a bit of a chubby cheeks issue, but even what he's packing would be a moderating influence on our dear Scarlett. He gets my vote!

Wolfie is adorable, and I'm glad death is not going to be a barrier to carrying on Zippo's legacy.

The house is fantastic! That pool! Those spitting llamas!

The concave nose was my favorite part. It retreats and then comes back again. Marvelous!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »
Is that a "No!" for Bears Night? (Joking!)

The house continues to look even grander.
I see now how that formerly partial front porch is now part of a symmetrical whole.
How in the world do you keep both the current status and Ultimate Outcome straight in your mind? Drawings? Graph paper?
And how did I fail to notice before this? Cornelius is a skinny pear!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 01:58:42 AM »
The house is spectacular.

The children too, in their own very special way.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »
>.< Wolfie keeps throwing me off!  Lol but he's a cutie!  And the girls... wow... Yay Zesty!  And the house is gorgeous!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 12:06:31 PM »
@Shewolf13
I know! I have to keep reminding myself that it's the puppy's name. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 04:54:07 AM »
Y'all gonna have Wolfie throwing you off for a while... :) Just for the happy confusion I'm going to have to move Wolfie Munch in. Johnny and Gavin will each get a Green Girl.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II - Chapter VIII
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2018, 04:04:37 PM »
@FrancescaFiori The nose is like a crescent moon! I think the outside of the house is fantastic. The inside makes me a bit sad though. I was plopping down some houses into the world for the various branches of the family - some nice big houses I'd built in the past. I yearn for the dining room in Ahilac's new house. It pains me that there's nowhere to put anything like that in Windmilles & Wine. But we are still in the early days of the save and mayhap things will come to me.

@oshizu Oh I thought Bears Night was a good idea. Thank you. And when a call to one came, I answered. With unexpected, plot-relevant results!

There's not a whole lot to keep in mind. Because of the the tiny initial budget, I started with the eventual kitchen, dining room, and a staircase. Building the actual bedrooms at the start seemed like a bad idea because they're on the extemities of the house. You can't have a dining room all over on the side of such a big house. So the bedrooms are out wide, and the living areas in the middle. The exterior is symmetrical, so that's not hard once half is built. The Ultimate Outcome is only planned in very broad strokes. The 2nd floor of the Ultimate Outcome was not planned at all, and has been (and will be) entirely made-up on the fly, and out of necessity.

@Tynynounours Yes, they are a Spectacle that for sure!

@Shewolf13 Yes, Wolfie is a very cute there. I do change the breed of she Wolfie and he Zippo, which might be in the chapter after this.

-----

Chapter VIII

In case either dog got ill - when I first played, I had some permanently sick dogs - this is the fully loaded pet clinic.

Of course no dogs are getting sick. But whatever. It fills up space! And looks useful!

Mopey teenage Rosalind. And Wolfie.

Persephone slouch walks, so I wonder if she'd pick up on the subtle clues of Teenage Emotional Distress or think it's totally normal.

Seen as m'story is daring to Impose every deeply significant life event on you, here's another: Wolfie aging up. I just took the first one thinking "aww cute", and then moments later it grew. Fancy that.

And that's the laundry. I'm possibly a bad person, because I thought that a toddler bed could still fit there.

Persephone had constructed this relic, per the aspiration requirement, some time ago. But hadn't found out what it does. But because I knew it was a curse, and didn't feel like cursing Cornelius any further - the face is enough - she thought to experiment on Don Lothario. For science. Persephone is all about the science.

And seen as she was in an archaeological state of mind, she wrote her archaeological book.

The book gave Scarlett a head start in the skill, and the whole relic hunting thing is one of the main goals of the save. Persephone still has quite a pile of unauthenticated relics and clumps of dirt that further adventuring seems pointless until what we've got has been laboriously suffered though. But seen as she has maxed the skill, that Joy is being left to Scarlett, who, being a teenager, hasn't quite found the time. Somehow.

Scarlett has dinner with her father.

It does seem like he denying everything. And given what's being going on with the maid, it easy to suppose he has things he'd deny.

This is the main living room. Twins rallying the troops; Wolfie chasing her tail.

I'm really just showing off the double volume. It's obviously not decorated properly, and it goes though many changes. Some of which thankfully aren't documented. There'll be a gallery that looks down onto this.

No comment:

I really like this lot for taking dogs on walks. Everyone gets a turn, even Bad Cornelius. And taking them dogs for a jog is great for raising fitness.

In the background you can see one of the changes to the neighborhood. It's a Maxis 20x20 cafe that I have never put down anywhere, and I think I prefer it to the rather dull house. Not that the family has ever visited the lot, but it's nice background decoration.

Another mopey teenager.

Eventually Scarlett would make a cure for that...

How to Parent, by Persephone Wildingham: test things on your kids.

I think that's just a slimify. Unfortunately all the girls are the rotund pear shape such that even if they are are completely thin, they're not. I hadn't figured it out, but @oshizu is totally right. Cornelius is just a skinny pear. I think he is to blame for the pear shape daughters.

Then the moment we had been waiting for.

Ghostly Zippo drinks from a puddle... that may or may not have been put there by Wolfie. Needless to say he was scolded and learned his lesson before he was given the Ambrosia treat.

Wolfie looks on with curiosity.

And we have a furry mongrel once again! And now I can answer the question as to his breed, the game called him a Bedlington Terrier. Yet... if I used fulleditmode to change his breed and chose, say, Bedlington Terrier, he'd look fundamentally different. Different colour. Different fur. Completely different shape around his head. So Zippo was an indifferent example of his kind, and sort of a generic Dog.

Now that Zippo was alive and part of the family again, Persephone encourages Wolfie to mate with him.

I apologize for that. That's hideous. Look at her fat arm and skinny wrist. It's like a sausage. You can't unsee it. I've scarred you. Like, 5 minutes ago... you hadn't seen that. What innocence! You couldn't have imagined what you'd be subjected to. But there's no going back. You can't unknow it.

A housekeeping note is that the household is full. We have 5 sims -- Cornelius, Persephone, Scarlett, Alexis, Rosalind -- and two dogs. That makes 7. So that meant a few things:

1. If we moved in a man for Scarlett, or a polinator, there'd be no room for kids at all.
2. If Scarlett got pregnant, there'd be no further room to get the twins pregnant
3. Therefore the twins would have get pregnant, one at a time, and move out.

This was all very important because Scarlett was approaching her YA birthday. This meant it was time to move Ahilac and Chadwick into the world so that we could see what gender her baby would be, a baby that is destined to marry into the big house. Except for the fact Ahilac and Chadwick's place is also rather big.

So I went through my old saves and I've placed some nice houses for the important folk. The Ahilac + Chadwick house at Twin Oracle Point is one that I shared a few pictures of long ago. Well, I could hardly have them in a low-rent starter house. Oakenstead is also quite special now... only the game for once got quite zealous in moving people in and it was immediately occupied by the Flint family. So that's a mild disappointment. I'd have put one of the twins there. Instead I've just upgraded Cacti Casa and Slipshod Mesquite, inhabited by Gavin and Johnny respectively, with houses from the back catalogue. In the one case, I dug up a very old save (from before basements were a thing), and gave it a slap-dash Selvadorada theme. So there's a few interesting houses in the world now, all for descendants and relatives of the main family. Except for the Flints.

Persephone makes contact with the aliens.

Ahilac was there too, and insta-friended. Now we wait and see what their 75% alien nooboo is. Persephone was sad to leave.

As great as the Brindleton Bay chateau looks from the outside, the interiors are still very basic compared to this house. Hashtag: motivation!   

-----

Next episode: Scarlett doesn't wash the spots off Zippo, J Huntington III has a "what the?" moment playing a video game, and Zoe gets a rose!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2018, 04:13:41 PM »
Oh my XD I love the two story living room ^^ Can't wait to see nooboos, puppies, and more!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2018, 05:23:11 PM »
Oooh, Bear Night! I'm so excited about what happens there!

Darn those Flints moving into Oakenstead!! Can you have them move to Umbrage Manor or somewhere?
Or are you playing "Fill Empty Houses" for keeps?

Wow, a Zippo-Wolfie pupboo!  @Shewolf13 is going to be a grandma, lol!
All of the  planning to get everyone with child before leaving the house!
It will be so much fun to go on visits to houses you've built in the past!

Ahilac and Chadwick are living in yet another grandiose house of yours! Its entrance is mahvelous!
As for future genetics, is the plan for Scarlett to remain in the house with future offspring of Rosalind and Alexis possibly marrying back into the household?
This has turned into quite the robust genetics experiment, indeed!

Your preview doesn't mention it, but I'm looking forward to meeting Ahilac and Chadwick's children!!!
Well, all of the nooboos really, including the pupperina.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »
@oshizu

XD Ya know... I did use to do genetic and breeding experiments with animals in Sims 3.  Should do that again in Sims 4. 

@Heart Foam

Do love you other builds.  And your genetic experiments are giving me ideas XD

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2018, 10:17:28 PM »
Wow...the Flints saw an opportunity and pounced on it.  Do they have kids?  Might turn out to be useful after all. 

It was nice to see a glimpse of Chadwick.  He doesn't seem too interested to meet his new neighbor, though. 

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 06:22:37 AM »
@BallerinaHippo Yes, the Flints have 2 children. They're a family of four. I'll probably use the son as a pollinator if he turns out nicely. Yeah, Persephone was just ushered into the office where "Chadwick will see you now", and she sits politely. But you're right, he is uninterested with the visit. Little does he know! Ha! If he knew the family his kid was destined for, he probably wouldn't have let Persephone in at all. Chadwick is a dastardly, unflirty, creative, dance machine now in Politics.

@oshizu Yup. You read my mind. I'll keep those other branches of the family going with a pollinator sim. We'll have Scarlett's child and future descendants in Windmilles & Wine. (My sims all end up being in wine anyway.) Then there's Alexis and Rosalind each with a big house. The 4th branch are the half-bloods: Cornelius' children with Katrina Whitman. I suspect she's Not In World. We can pretend Cornelius was blackmailed into providing a house for her. I haven't done that yet, but I've got a decent enough 20x30 house for one of the empty Brindleton lots. She and her brood can live close by. So we'll get to see how the genetics improve in the other houses too. 

As for the Flints... I dunno. I'm usually so thrilled to see a family move in. And if they can afford the 470k, then good for them. It's such a nice house though. Oh my hat. I think I'll keep them alive.

@Shewolf13 Depending on household space in your RKC, there's so much potential! I'm still bewildered by the staggering variety of breeds.

-----

I'm not going to parade peripheral houses, and obviously pictures of them will come up as the main family (or pollinator sim) visit, but if anyone remembers the L-shaped thing (it's on page 8 of the "Share Your Screenshots" thread) that's what been plopped down for Johnny and family. With minor editing. The pool is now green to match the more foresty vibe - trees are swapped for big Granite Falls pines.

The Flint's house at Oakenstead is in the "I'd really like to see your (Dynasty) house builds" thread. Subsequent to those pictures I completely gutted the inside and rebuilt it into something more sensible. Now three bedrooms don't have to share one bathroom! But the outside is the same.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II - Chapter IX
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
Chapter IX

Wolfie and Zippo have become... English Setters!

Zippo has the black spots, Wolfie has brownish spots. You will see plenty of her in the future, never fear. They are uh-mazing. When I encouraged them to mate last time, they didn't. So no puppy immediately. The are 7 sims in the house, so that's totally fine. We need that space to be able to swap people in and out the house in the next few sim weeks. Just because I'd prefer a smaller house, and because I want a legit English Setter - not one fashioned out of a Generic Dog in CAS - when they do have puppy / puppies, I'll keep one and put the rest of the hounds up for adoption to an lovely home. Having Zippo die again, or Wolfie die for the first time, would be Unpleasant. And in this adventure, we are all about the Pleasant - that's why I chose such pleasant sims...

No. Wait. They're a mess. At least I can invite Ahilac over when we need something non-hideous to look at.

Moving on... it was time to pay the Roomies a visit. No one had yet met Gavin Richards, head-hunted for the amazing genes he can lend to the Family!

Cornelius chaperoned Scarlett, because I don't think a teen can invite someone to move in. He's also a bit of an (evil) creep, and waved awkwardly at Zoe.

Unfortunately (or, perhaps if we take a broader view, very fortunately) Cornelius didn't have the charisma or traits to befriend Zoe. Or Gavin or J. I can use the group sauna woohoo to get the designated daughter pregnant, but someone would need to be friends with Gavin after that to bring up the "move in" option. As I said last time, if we moved any of the men into the big house there'd be no room to get pregnant. So when the time comes, it'll all be deeply-immodest-but-hey-it's-The-Sims instant try for baby. There's just so much going on in the house, and so much time spent micromanaging Persephone through making her serums and planning the garden that I don't have the inclination to divert my attention to pretending there is real Romance between the frightful looking twins and Gavin / Johnny.

When Persephone was home from the lab, she met everyone and with her higher charisma + Incredibly Friendly trait befriended Mr. J Huntington III, who joined the household. After all, he has the pretentious name to fit in at the pretentious house as well as being a non-committal womanizer. A nice change from Dodgy Don.

Rosalind and Scarlet are thinking hard. Or hardly thinking. J did pay nominal attention to his tech guru career, but it wasn't his main calling.

I love the body language. We've all been there J. I can relate.

He soon went on a house visit.

Despite promising early progress, Eliza was hard to get. She needs to realize if she wants kids, this is how it's gotta be.

J invited her back to the Windmille where I could fill her with Rose Serum, or if that failed, introduce her to the sauna...

He tried to impress Eliza with Zippo, but Zippo must've been thinking "who is this strange man? I hardly know him". Eliza was not amused. I think I put the sauna in at this point because Eliza was living too much in the real world, and not enough in the Sim world where couples do not get pregnant. J did eventually succeed.

After Eliza, it was easiest to start by inviting over the women J already knew. Such as Zoe...

Come on Zoe, your kid will live in the lap of luxury!

The dining room got a makeover as you can see by the table and chairs. Persephone is fixing her problems with drugs, and J is heading outside...

... to the bush. I think that's Zoe with him.

Look at Persephone! A picture of liveliness! The serum collection on those shelves is steadily growing. They're all tested. Really there are only 2 or 3 that are likely to be used, but for the sake of completion and because they look cool, I did want to complete the collection before quitting the science career.

And she was still quite content to test them on her children. Because evil.

We don't want to risk them on J. He's too precious. We need him awake. For doing stuff.

The living room got a gentle makeover. There's a floor pattern under the carpet, but really looked cluttered and messy and I wasn't happy with it. This room is the focal point of the house, so it's important to get it right. I threw all sorts of colours and furniture and curtains at it.

As you can see here...

But it was Saturday, and time for a holiday. This time, to Granite Falls.

Through Persephone's efforts with analyzing flora, a perfect bluebell has been planted. The first perfect plant. That means we are able to start building the money garden. The two main plants for this are from Outdoor Retreat as they produce fruit every 18 hours. I'm going with the morel mushroom and fireleaf. So at the same time every day, with some margin for error, a gardener sim can harvest. There will also be a few Trees of Emotion grafted with UFO. The TOE is sadly a 24h plant, but it adds height and will hopefully look interesting along the path. The apple tree shape might be better. But that's what I've gone with to start with, and it can always be changed.

And seen as we're in Granite Falls, it would make sense to get some herbalism skill. I've got some questions in my head about how some of the herbalism salves would interact with Selvadorada adventures, like curing insect bites, but regardless of that there are some useful ones that it would be handy to have on a shelf ready to clone. The deodorizer would be great for adventuring.

Persephone has maxed handiness, so she could take advantage of sculpting overpriced souvenirs. As ever, Funds are quite low.

Scenic picture! If you can make out a sim hastening to a plant, that's Scarlett.

Persephone's inventory is overflowing with plants and archaeology, and science and handiness that it made sense to do the gathering with Scarlett whose inventory was basically empty. With Persephone it would be hard to know if she had got both varieties of a plant.

While Scarlett collected, Persephone sculpted.

And just for the sake of interest, this is the hermit. A rather too fashionable, non-hermit-like hairdo. I'd rescue Gabrielle if we had room in the house. But we don't.

While we were away, the twins have managed to swap sides on the couch. Um. And that's it.

Scarlett now starts munching through her herbs in the comfort of a club gathering, and flies through the levels. She didn't fail to identify a single plant on first attempt.

One cannot have enough dogs. So, here's Alexis about to hug Zippo.

Persephone, still in her adventuresome outfit, makes a call and J goes to take a steamy shower. (To be read ironically:) What ever can be happening. I have no idea. What a mystery.

Yip. She's adding the women she knows to the family club, then inviting them over to meet J. Might as well do it efficiently. I don't want the houses to die out, and nor do you Dear Reader!

The lucky guest this time is... Nina Caliente!

And finally, Cornelius frolics in the pool.

You might have mistaken me for a Frolic Enthusiast, who cannot but avail himself of the Chance to indulge in the refreshing exercise of Cornelius, but No! There is a reason to that picture, and it's the tulip bushes. In the Vlad's Nose House, the pool was indoors and part of the gym. There were energizing trophies on the wall. So swimming energized, and the benefit being in the right mood brings, was the norm. The way to make an outdoor pool energized... is with tulips. Yip. I remember way back someone asking what gameplay purpose any of the plants served, so I set about finding out. It's not a boost I've often had need to use. It's only a little +1, but assuming there are no overriding emotions, those two tulips pots will make anyone swimming energized. And they look good. So they won't get harvested.

-----

Next time: Glorious, picturesque dogs! Ahilac! Bears' Night!

Exit Bunthorne.