Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 204104 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »
I did move the spire cuts away from the gem dust... still did not grow.

weird.

I tried the 500K in family funds, using the gem cutter at the store and sleeping in the fire station, mooching food off people I managed to do this in about 6 days.... it helped I found tiberium right off the bat.  now I have a very, very wealthy 'homeless' werewolf.  haha!

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2013, 08:31:02 PM »
I tried the 500K in family funds, using the gem cutter at the store and sleeping in the fire station, mooching food off people I managed to do this in about 6 days.... it helped I found tiberium right off the bat.  now I have a very, very wealthy 'homeless' werewolf.  haha!
I have one too! ::) I've made her a hovel though, so not homeless anymore.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
I got supernatural yesterday and so far I'm really enjoying myself. I started by playing around in CAS (Impressed) and then played around again. I settled on playing an occult couple (Witch and a Fairy) who will raise a family in Moonlight falls and attempt to complete their lifetime wishes. I love the scenery in Moonlight Falls and I love the fairy garden. Great expansion in my opinion.

Hi bubbles, I was wondering how your witch and fairy family is coming along. I also am playing a witch/fairy couple, but I created them in CAS before I found out in the game that witches and fairies are naturally distrustful of each other. How is your family getting along?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2013, 04:08:53 AM »
Unfortunately, I was more focused on another family and my game deleted all my files somehow. I managed to recover most of my builds but none of my saved games or extra content.
So I started a new game with a similar family! One difference is they have a cat and a dog. Another is they live in an extended Powell House in Bridgeport! Anyway, the fairy mum completed her lifetime wish in about 5 days (Learn 28 recipes) while the witch father is progressing very slowly up the fortune telling career. They have two daughters, Sophie and Sierra. Sophie is a child fairy who is yet to cast her first spell. Sierra is a witch toddler who has been caught reading an invisible book and making her toys disappear in a puff of smoke. I am planning another child once they have a bit more money.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »
Oh, nice, Bubbles. Well I guess I shouldn't read too much into the whole "witches and fairies don't get along" thing. Good to know. Mine are two females so if they have nooboos they'll be adopting :)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: April 05, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
I finally got this expansion after months of dithering, when it was announced I just had no interest in it but disregarding the occults and zombies, which was my main reason for not wanting it, everything else eventually sold me and I'm so glad it did.

I love all the new CAS, build/buy stuff so for those alone it has been worth getting, the overall old fashioned vaguely victorian style of everything is lovely, I gutted a starter home and replaced everything with the new furniture and it's nice to live in such a themed house. I really like the gramophone stereo.

The town isn't bad, there are a lot of small parks, I see why that gets mentioned as the small park problem now. But there are also a lot of large empty plots and everything is well spaced. I was most impressed with the way auto placement worked, in most towns it sticks things the wrong way round and in totally unsuitable places, this one it seemed like they had planned it a little better, and it used the petite pony instead of the large equestrian center. I didn't feel the need to move or replace anything for once.

I've put my usual pairing in, my self sim and Dallas Shallow, she's a fairy and he's a werewolf, considering I had no interest at all in the occults I'm enjoying them far more than I expected, I really thought I'd hate him as a werewolf but he doesn't look too awful, of course I could tweak him in CAS so that helped.

It changed their relationship dynamic a bit, normally I can't keep them apart but his inappropriate sniffing doesn't go down too well and neither does implying her mother was a glowbug  ;D Also werewolves and neat sims do not work, she really doesn't appreciate jokes about shedding, and he isn't interested when she talks about flowers, but there are some funner interactions like the fairy werewolf tag.

Because of having some foresight due to things read on this forum I made sure to fence her garden in straight away, she is doing the greener gardens LTW, but I didn't notice there was a plant growing behind the house till a zombie ate it, so far I've had two full moons, first one I had three zombies, second one I just had one who got in a car and drove off, not really an invasion as such but that's fine.

Dallas is doing the alchemy LTW, the more I read about this skill the more I wished I had it, and it does seem it will be as useful as I thought, he isn't so tied to his occult state as my fairy so once he can make the elixirs I shall be using him to try out the other life states, werewolf was sort of fun to try for novelty's sake but I don't think I'd want it long term, the hunting was useful though, but I think he will be changing to a witch next.

Then I guess I'll see about this witches and fairies not getting along thing, after a couple of rejected first kisses, totally unheard of for this couple, they finally got together so I'll be interested to see if it affects them like the werewolf/fairy combo did.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
This. Is. Too. Cute.

Werewolf toddlers howling at the moon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

pandapants33

« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »
I tell you what I got it today so excited, when I started playing I kept on screeching because I loved it so much, I recommend it.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »
I just got supernatural and dragon valley a couple of days ago on sale, and they are totally awesome! Especially supernatural.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2015, 06:24:20 PM »
OK so I'm late but I bought supernatural and the sims 3 at walmart.com but they were digital versions.  It says I'm registered with them on origin but when I try to use the same code on the sims store it's over one number and it doesn't work.  I was going to do it to get the sim points but I guess I can't.

Anyway, I made a vampire who I named Vlad Bloodlust.  His lifetime wish is probably the most common one for vampires, turn 5 sims and drink from 5 sims.  I can't afford a lot, because he doesn't have a job.  I'm trying to avoid getting him one, because he's the only sim I added to the house so I could get used to the controls, etc. and I would be waiting at his house for him to get home, it's very boring.  All I have my sim drink is plasma orange juice as a quick meal.  It takes a while but I do have him drink from supernaturals to fulfill my 5 sims wish part.  But, I don't know if that includes supernaturals or only humans.  It seems humans are scarce.  I turned one human into a vampire from goth manor.  I've tried turning a supernatural into a vampire but the option isn't there. 

I did use the suntan lotion for vampires that I bought at the elixir store but I have used it up and can't find anymore.  It stinks because by daybreak he has to go home.  I mean, I've had him go other places indoors but his energy depletes faster during daylight and he is too tired to do anything so I send him home.  It's a fun experience but I feel bored. 

Do vampires die of old age?  I know they can lose their powers if they are in the sun too long.  I am thinking after he fulfills his lifertime wish I'll kill him off and use the Grim Reaper sim I downloaded.  I'm thinking the Grim Reaper is a human sim since he's not the actual Grim Reaper just a sim who looks like him.

I'm sort of interested to play as a fairy or a witch.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2015, 08:19:51 PM »
Vampires can die of old age. If they are in the sun to long their thirst meter will deplete faster.

You can buy the Immortal Reward for vampires, causing them to sparkle in sunlight without the sunscreen and to never age.

Technically the real Grim Reaper is buggy and adding him to the home will glitch him. The Grim Reaper from the exchange is a human, yes.

I find witches and fairies more fun than the other life states actually.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
Vampires can die of old age. If they are in the sun to long their thirst meter will deplete faster.

You can buy the Immortal Reward for vampires, causing them to sparkle in sunlight without the sunscreen and to never age.

Technically the real Grim Reaper is buggy and adding him to the home will glitch him. The Grim Reaper from the exchange is a human, yes.

I find witches and fairies more fun than the other life states actually.

Thanks, that's really helpful. :)

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:52 PM »
OK so I just finished my first playthrough.  My vampire completed his lifetime wish.  It took a while, having to make friends with sims before you can drink them and offer to turn them.  But, I did a happiness rewards point thing where becoming friends with a sim occurs faster and I had a never dull one as well.  So, I kept using funny interactions, mostly "tell funny story" and it work quickly.  I did have some sims who I guess don't like vampires--well supernatural sims.  So, anytime you attempt to interact with them they have a negative attitude and your sim and that sim don't get along.

So, after my vampire completed his wish I decided to starve him to death by obviously not letting him drink any blood or plasma orange juice.  It was funny after because when the Grim Reaper came he didn't finish reaping.  My sim was stuck in the box before it either becomes a gravestone or urn.  After the Grim Reaper made him into a box he decided to play my sim's pinball machine.